Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Things are pointing to Lyon being in net tonight. He has a 1-0-1 record against the Leafs in regular, so he’s been there before at least. Should be a fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I know Lyon played well against the Leafs in the regular season but I also thought that was a Hamburgler-style magic run and that the spell wore off in the Bruins series so I guess we'll see.

Cartoon Man posted:

Just doing my part to ensure their Cup win for you guys.

:hfive:

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I agree with everyone else that had posted in this thread that I also happen to bother to read their posts: I hope the cats win.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Alex Lyon had a game in the AHL go to like 5 OTs and had something like a .989 save percentage. He'll always get my respect for that.

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 2, 2023

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Kinda doubt the Devils can keep this up vs Carolina but it would be cool if they could!

https://twitter.com/ShutdownLine/status/1653454502542835755

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
From my perspective the devils are playing with 100% house money from this point onward. i don't expect them to beat the canes honestly. that seems like the worst matchup for them of any team left in the playoffs.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/choi_aj/status/1653485813571923968

lol

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mcmagic posted:

From my perspective the devils are playing with 100% house money from this point onward. i don't expect them to beat the canes honestly. that seems like the worst matchup for them of any team left in the playoffs.

If the Canes were healthy I would tend to agree. With those injuries and how those games went in the first round for both teams I believe the Devils are favorites, probably 60-40 or something like that. Wouldn't be surprised if the Canes gritted it out, but it's absolutely there for the Devils.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
At this point the Cup is there for the Devils.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Eric the Mauve posted:

At this point the Cup is there for the Devils.

It is. A lot of it depends on Schmid but up front and on D they're as good as anyone. If Schmid is pulling a Matt Murray they're a big time problem for everyone.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the final 8 teams win the cup. Never seen the final 8 be this wide open.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm going to game 4 for sure unless they are down like 3-0 or some poo poo.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the final 8 teams win the cup. Never seen the final 8 be this wide open.

It will be the Stars, Knights, or Devils. Like 80% certainty on that IMO.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I agree. One of the remaining 8 teams probably will win the Cup.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I agree. One of the remaining 8 teams probably will win the Cup.

bah god is that arizona's music

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Edmonton have two of the best players in the world, with average tending, and just a few other guys contribute and clearly they can win.
Seattle could win another series, but at some point lack of top end talent will cost them.
Vegas are good, not great but yeah could win.
Dallas are better than I think, but I think that’s because they played terribly against the Canucks this year, i just remember them being listless and harming the Canucks tank..

Toronto clearly has the best top end talent left, question is have they played their final in breaking through. Short series with way I think.
Florida just best Boston, wouldn’t write them off
Carolina are too injured to get through
NJ maybe best depth left even without Meier.

Toronto, Edmonton and NJ clear top tier for me. Florida, Vegas and Dallas if everything goes right. Carolina and Seattle making up the numbers.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Arivia posted:

bah god is that arizona's music

The Islanders can still win if Mike Pence has the courage to do what must be done #STOPTHECOUNT #WWG1WGA

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Seeing way too much loving confidence and cockiness from Stars fans online and the jaws theme is just blaring in my head

Good things aren't possible when you think a playoff opponent is a pushover.:tinfoil:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Beats being pessimistic! Stars in 4, baby!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lmao leafs just had a hype video about how much it rules to finally win a round.

and it truly does rule

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/1653548304829956099?t=cNGFWOerF5VUK5Obj6Eu1w&s=19

Tkachuk cracks me up man. What a heel

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Beats being pessimistic! Stars in 4, baby!

Lord willing and the creek don’t rise.

Do Seattle hockey fans call themselves the 7th man?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

I fondly remember when Tkachuk fought John Klingberg 3 times in last year's opening round series, breaking his hand on Klingberg's helmet in the process which ended his effectiveness as a scorer for the rest of the playoffs. Good times.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Starsfan posted:

I fondly remember when Tkachuk fought John Klingberg 3 times in last year's opening round series, breaking his hand on Klingberg's helmet in the process which ended his effectiveness as a scorer for the rest of the playoffs. Good times.

Yeah he rules. Too many of the elite players in the NHL are boring dorks who never say or do anything interesting.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

waffle enthusiast posted:

Lord willing and the creek don’t rise.

Do Seattle hockey fans call themselves the 7th man?

No, because that would be stupid and also assume that the arena is loud often.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jhet posted:

No, because that would be stupid and also assume that the arena is loud often.

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-launch-seventh-canuck-program-to-honour-fans/c-453062

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"We are all canucks" sounds like a threat at this point.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Powershift posted:

"We are all canucks" sounds like a threat at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHr0-dl7u94&t=71s

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

I do expect Florida to jump all over the Leafs to start, they should have a lot of confidence and are coming in straight from a battle while the Leafs have been sitting at home for two days mostly being relieved about their result.

Let me tell you right now I hate being right about this

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"But doctor" the man cried, "We are all Canucks"

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Haha, I didn’t know about this, but it certainly makes my comment a little bit spicier.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

It’s clearly in some terrible marketing/sports management guide, my cities Australian Football team tried running out 19th man as their gimmick around the same time. Equally dumb and went about as well as the Canucks one from memory.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
i said bob was gonna steal a couple, and that was some goood hockey.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Florida looked good.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Let me tell you right now I hate being right about this

That didn't actually happen though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Cartoon Man posted:

Florida looked good.

Yeah, they're a really good team and everyone seemed to forget about that because they were supremely unlucky for much of this season

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
looks like there's going to be some goals in this series....

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

That didn't actually happen though.

The Leafs had two early PPs, then once there was a stretch of ES play the Panthers hemmed them in effectively and scored. Leafs executed a lot better from period 2 on but the Panthers had the legs on them early once they could string a few shifts together.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also since someone asked in the GDT, I regret to inform the thread that the corgi called game 1 for the Cats:

https://twitter.com/itsmitchmarney/status/1653577735732641799?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I like the game 6 swerve. good dog.