Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

Shout-out to my guy Rick the Door Technician lmao

the moment was somewhat ruined by him gliding down the hall at me in his idle pose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

Shout-out to my guy Rick the Door Technician lmao

Pour out a spotchka for a real one.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
How much Merrin is in this game?

I just played the first game when it was free on playstation plus, and I thought Merrin ruled to the point it was a legit mistake of the game to wait until just before the end to add her to the crew. She made the crew dynamic a lot more complicated and compelling. I'm curious if they sustained that or not.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cal, a morally good Light Side jedi, brainwashing a bird to kill a stormtrooper and then pushing the bird off of a cliff

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Wittgen posted:

How much Merrin is in this game?

Shitloads.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ytlaya posted:

Cal, a morally good Light Side jedi, brainwashing a bird to kill a stormtrooper and then pushing the bird off of a cliff

I got a laugh out of that first part, but I'm still bugged about how they handle animals in these games. Like, I'm fine with fighting the occasional big angry monster, but it rubs me the wrong way that every flock of regular spacebirds and spacecrabs will just instantly be aggro assholes that try their best to make you have to murder them. I feel like it'd be very straightforward to design a threat element without massacring the wildlife, just pepper in some more spy droids or something.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Ytlaya posted:

War never changes...

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's pretty well established at this point that nearly every planet in Star Wars is some flavor of Space Australia, so the wildlife being incredibly bloodthirsty doesn't bother me too much.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how if you have a coat with a backpack BD-1 sits in the backpack instead of hanging on your back.

Also how much BD is useful in story, it's like every boss doesn't realize he exists until he gets them.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I finished the game and it whips rear end

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
It's funny how one of the traversal moves just feels 100% ripped off from Spiderman.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Oneiros posted:

the moment was somewhat ruined by him gliding down the hall at me in his idle pose

I got lucky and got the whole vox sting and no animation bugs as he charged down the hallway and got blown away by my blaster parry. Just a perfect little set piece in a very busy and climactic feeling map.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

With a lot of these boss/mini-boss encounters it just kind of feels like I'm flailing around and only winning due to having more health. Like against this scorpion thing I never did get a good feel for what worked against it and just kind of out-damaged it while desperately dodging any time it looked like it was going to do an attack.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If you parry it enough, its claw falls off

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I just hit everything with pumped up force push.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Holy poo poo the whole thing in the desert after you get the trinket was awesome. I kept dying because I’d get distracted just watching everything happen and kept forgetting to press buttons.

I want a game where I get to play as the Desert Ghost the whole time.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I guess in terms of gameplay mechanics, that would wind up being like blink in Dishonored.

Heck I’d be down for a desert ghost centered dishonored-like.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So about the ending of the game and beyond

So since this game is canon we know Cal and Merrin didn’t just pop back up in 20 years with a Jedi army to fight the empire. Are they gonna pop out post Rise of Skywalker and find out the empire is already defeated? Boy that’d be awkward.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hohochu and Eseerin Vasahina are fantastic music tracks

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWUgUvAPAFxdh

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

I got a laugh out of that first part, but I'm still bugged about how they handle animals in these games. Like, I'm fine with fighting the occasional big angry monster, but it rubs me the wrong way that every flock of regular spacebirds and spacecrabs will just instantly be aggro assholes that try their best to make you have to murder them. I feel like it'd be very straightforward to design a threat element without massacring the wildlife, just pepper in some more spy droids or something.

Especially when Cal on the first planet is like "that's how the imperials are, they got into this place and immediately wiped out all the birds that lived in this ruin for generations (sadface)". While I also just indiscriminately killed every animal that crossed my path.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I maintain my hope that they just let Cal ride off into the sunset having protected his community and his friends. The only issue here is that by the end of the next game he's going to be so powerful that he can't go ignored lol.

Also this patch is junk everything is flipping out all the time and it runs worse.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

JBP posted:

I maintain my hope that they just let Cal ride off into the sunset having protected his community and his friends. The only issue here is that by the end of the next game he's going to be so powerful that he can't go ignored lol.

He's going to die at the end of the next one, boss.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
As nice as it would be, I can't help but feel Cal won't get a happy ending, only a heroic one.

Re: Kata - Chances are she might pick up the Force from her dad, right? Maybe Merrin will get an apprentice of her own to pass on the ways of Dathomir to.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yates posted:

That would be a lovely way to end the series tbh and also boringly predictable. Maybe he can do a force ghost peace-out or something I suppose. I'll be very sleepy if they just kill him.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I know this is dumb as poo poo, but give Cal a movie. They have an actual actor for it already. Fuckin do it. Can't be any worse than any of the other Disney SW movies.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jose Oquendo posted:

I know this is dumb as poo poo, but give Cal a movie. They have an actual actor for it already. Fuckin do it. Can't be any worse than any of the other Disney SW movies.

Yeah I'd enjoy this. He's like Luke Skywalker but not poo poo.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
he's definitely going to turn up in one of the tv shows eventually

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Yates posted:

Jedi IV : Force Ghost

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sentinel Red posted:

As nice as it would be, I can't help but feel Cal won't get a happy ending, only a heroic one.

Re: Kata - Chances are she might pick up the Force from her dad, right? Maybe Merrin will get an apprentice of her own to pass on the ways of Dathomir to.

Cere certainly strongly implies it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Do you have to recruit all the people for the cantina again in Ng+?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Messing around with the other stances I didn't use much in postgame, and drat I should've used the Double-sided saber stance more. It's really good.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Honestly, all of the stances are good. Pick which ever one you either like, or compliments your playstyle.

At the moment, I'm rocking dual saber and doublesided. Gotta admit, though, broadsword saber is fun to clown on Bedlam Raiders with.

And I haven't even bothered delving deeply into the actual Force powers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I highly recommend getting the upgrade to confusion(at the top of the tree) that lets you use it on basically any (non-robot)enemy. There are some encounters that feel deeply unfair without it

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

RatHat posted:

I highly recommend getting the upgrade to confusion(at the top of the tree) that lets you use it on basically any (non-robot)enemy. There are some encounters that feel deeply unfair without it

Don't forget you can get the ability to hack various droids from Aussie Lady Kit Fisto Bounty Hunter questgiver

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

RatHat posted:

The one that lets you pick up enemies and make them fire their weapon is hilarious. You can clean house with the heavy cannon or flamethrower troopers.

Edit: I wonder if you can dual wield them with the double pull upgrade.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 3, 2023

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

On the subject of performance and bugs, I haven't really had any problems on PS5 at all. No crashes so far (before or after the patch). I only really notice a bit of frame-rate drop in the open world (especially near water), but it's not causing problems. The only graphics glitches I've seen are occasional textures loading slowly (like a bush will be a low-res blob for a second or so) and odd small white squares that appear for a frame or two. My Nekko got stuck on some invisibly scenery once but dismounting and remounting sorted that out, and it's only been once.

So it's all generally pretty good as far as I'm concerned. May be very different on PC, of course.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lol there is a second Rancor in the caves of PhonQi which is a huge area really. You can defeat it easily though by standing on a rock and bopping it on the head while it passively stands there though lol.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

JBP posted:

Lol there is a second Rancor in the caves of PhonQi which is a huge area really. You can defeat it easily though by standing on a rock and bopping it on the head while it passively stands there though lol.

I don't even know where the hell that is. This better not be some Elden Ring poo poo where there's a whole darn underground area that goes on for miles!

(actually, that would be awesome)

Not gonna start a NG+ yet, want to find more bounty hunters, and that hideous mullet some of you are rocking.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sentinel Red posted:

I don't even know where the hell that is. This better not be some Elden Ring poo poo where there's a whole darn underground area that goes on for miles!

(actually, that would be awesome)

Not gonna start a NG+ yet, want to find more bounty hunters, and that hideous mullet some of you are rocking.

I found the entrance but couldn't open it at the start of the game. I only went back because I looked something up and was like what the hell I've never heard of this place. Fast traveled to the meditation point and yeah there's more game here (not Elden Ring degrees of game, but a bit of game).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JBP posted:

I saw it in the shadows and never triggered the fight. I forgot why I went down there but the rancor isn't the only nasty surprise.

Also Cal and his story should end with him and Merrin going off to make a lot of super powerful force babies that BD gets to babysit.