Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Arzaac posted:

Pros of waiting: I was able to use Chef Ryoshu, who is legitimately fantastic and I'm pretty sure I achieved some clears way quicker than I otherwise would've. (She's also actually able to do the lust 15 skill check on the final stage, which it seems like very few sinners can)

Cons: I'm pretty sure pretty much every piece of advice for this was written under the assumption you could abuse the skill recycle glitch, and I'm not sure some of those clears are even possible anymore. :v:

The final stage skill check is adaptive and is always (as far as I've seen) "literally a perfect flip can get this and nothing else can", regardless of who you throw at it. But yeah a lot of the guides are outdated, and the most absurd sub-70 clears required bugs and mechanics that are no longer present.

Yinlock posted:

Evade is handy but the other two are generally useless. Pour one out for Grobhammer's lovely counteratack that is still better than his first skill

As for the conversation about Defense skills they're actually all pretty useful depending on the circumstance: Blocks are capable of soaking a huge amount on the right character, often obviating damage entirely instead of taking an unwinnable clash. Dodges (as we saw during RR) can totally neuter some fight mechanics and provide a lot of potential benefit for the ones with triggers / related passives, and Counterattacks... Some of them need buffs, but I think from your reaction here you have never actually used N Meursault. Even after the changes they've made to defense targetting he is still capable of truly insane tanking, because Protection is absolutely absurd and his first skill means he doesn't even HAVE stagger thresholds.

I do personally think, fwiw:
> Charge shouldn't decay, or should be earned more reliably on some idents who are currently lacking in sources vs. their output.
> Poise shouldn't decay, and crits could stand to be a little more stronger or interesting.
> Defense skills should have color in order to better encourage using them, right now Sinclair is already going to break "but that's Counter's niche" as an excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ariamaki posted:

The final stage skill check is adaptive and is always (as far as I've seen) "literally a perfect flip can get this and nothing else can", regardless of who you throw at it.

On my first try none of my sinners could do it. The number was literally always bigger than their biggest possible number, and the percentage chance was listed at 5%.

Switched in Ryoshu specifically because it had a lust advantage that she could hit.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Getting to 83 without using any discard tech (They patched it out after I got to robot mans, and I didn't need it for the first four fights) was certainly an experience I don't want to repeat.

I'm probably going to do it next railway, the kitty face banner bit is very good.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

Getting to 83 without using any discard tech (They patched it out after I got to robot mans, and I didn't need it for the first four fights) was certainly an experience I don't want to repeat.

I'm probably going to do it next railway, the kitty face banner bit is very good.
I really hope they bring back Discard. It was fun and engaging.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Ariamaki posted:

I do personally think, fwiw:
> Charge shouldn't decay, or should be earned more reliably on some idents who are currently lacking in sources vs. their output.

It's telling that of the IDs that use Charge at the moment:

-Reindeer Ish and Warp Don have 2 Charge Gain skills and one skill to spend it on, and are good
-Heathcliff barely interfaces with Charge and is still drat good
-Warp Faust and Meursault have 1 Charge Gain skill and 2 skills to spend charge on, and are cringefail (Faust did get improved with her new Telepole, but still she's not amazing)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ariamaki posted:

but I think from your reaction here you have never actually used N Meursault. Even after the changes they've made to defense targetting he is still capable of truly insane tanking, because Protection is absolutely absurd and his first skill means he doesn't even HAVE stagger thresholds.

I've used him extensively as he was one of my few usable 000s for a good while. Drive is good at making Meursault not die but is tremendously bad at anything else, which is just Meursault.txt really.

Well that's a bit harsh but he's mostly held back by the all-or-nothing nature of Limbus clashing meaning that tanking isn't worth that much unlike Ruina

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Junpei posted:

-Warp Faust and Meursault have 1 Charge Gain skill and 2 skills to spend charge on, and are cringefail (Faust did get improved with her new Telepole, but still she's not amazing)

I misread that as WASP Faust and some strange timelines came to mind.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Quackles posted:

I misread that as WASP Faust and some strange timelines came to mind.

The One Who Lives In A Gated Community

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Yinlock posted:

That's just Nest dwellers, innit?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

TeeQueue posted:

Kitty face? Do we already know something about the appearance of the next banner?

...OH, 83 turns, :3. That's loving adorable actually what the hell. :v:

Yinlock posted:

Local Bake Sale Remnant

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Yinlock posted:

I've used him extensively as he was one of my few usable 000s for a good while. Drive is good at making Meursault not die but is tremendously bad at anything else, which is just Meursault.txt really.

Well that's a bit harsh but he's mostly held back by the all-or-nothing nature of Limbus clashing meaning that tanking isn't worth that much unlike Ruina

In a lot of situations it seems like it's just better to tank an unopposed hit on the chin with Meursalt's beefy hp/stagger pool and then just make an unopposed attack (or a winning clash) on a different part of the boss.
The protection buff from the counter isn't really worth the loss of damage and/or action economy to use it just for that.

It's better now with the changes to defense skill targeting though, since it means meursault can potentially eat two hard-to-clash moves in a turn. But opportunities to actually do that, where just clashing with his skill 1 wouldn't be better, are pretty rare.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Ariamaki posted:

...OH, 83 turns, :3. That's loving adorable actually what the hell. :v:

I am willing to do a lot to get a cute 83 face on my banner, and I'll probably do it again because I don't know what it means to have control over my life.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Outside the amount of grinding required sucking I think something else that really annoyed me - and I'm not sure if it's a bug or not - is that you can sometimes get kinda hosed over with the layout. I don't mind that you can't always get both event gift nodes, that's fine. But what I don't like is multiple paths taking you through multiple ? nodes, and then getting a combat node that...rewards an EGO gift instead of level up. One run had 3 sinners stuck at 15 which made the boss really annoying. I don't think that there should be an RNG element to what reward nodes give! the one sword combat node icon always gives a level up in MD so I dunno why it wasn't the case here.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
One sword combats can give gifts in the MD as well, actually. I do agree though, it's a weird design decision. PM should just make normal fights always give levels and Elites always give gifts as is pretty standard for this type of game.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Hey, does anybody knows where I can get the background of the Cane Office? I know the ProjectMoon Community Hub had a drive full of the game asset but apparently, they had a bunch of raid and so the server has gone into lockdown. I tried to search a bit of the world wide web but all I got were screenshot of the dialogue.

Thanks in advance.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Hey, does anybody knows where I can get the background of the Cane Office? I know the ProjectMoon Community Hub had a drive full of the game asset but apparently, they had a bunch of raid and so the server has gone into lockdown. I tried to search a bit of the world wide web but all I got were screenshot of the dialogue.

Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1TLm0Or_61c-HW9cmzcV0B1qlF9SBpkJ1

google drive of ruina assets. cane office is probably in here somewhere.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yi Sang is going to be the 3O because he's the focus figure of the next chapter and I'm assuming it'll be like G Corp Gregor and N Corp Sinclair.

f in the chat for our girl rodya

N Sinclair does bring me hope in that if purposefully bad sanity is an option then maybe it's possible that one day What Is Cast's passive won't be an active hindrance to the team.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

t3isukone posted:

f in the chat for our girl rodya

N Sinclair does bring me hope in that if purposefully bad sanity is an option then maybe it's possible that one day What Is Cast's passive won't be an active hindrance to the team.

I think Rodion doesn't get one in part because she hasn't really resolved/confronted her past properly, not in the same way Gregor and Sinclair have. Plus they might be not wanting to reveal what Yurodiv do in terms of game mechanics yet.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

DuoRogue posted:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1TLm0Or_61c-HW9cmzcV0B1qlF9SBpkJ1

google drive of ruina assets. cane office is probably in here somewhere.

It's going to take a while to find it but thank you for sharing it!

edit: FOUND IT!

L.U.I.G.I fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 3, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

In a lot of situations it seems like it's just better to tank an unopposed hit on the chin with Meursalt's beefy hp/stagger pool and then just make an unopposed attack (or a winning clash) on a different part of the boss.
The protection buff from the counter isn't really worth the loss of damage and/or action economy to use it just for that.

It's better now with the changes to defense skill targeting though, since it means meursault can potentially eat two hard-to-clash moves in a turn. But opportunities to actually do that, where just clashing with his skill 1 wouldn't be better, are pretty rare.

To his credit he was real good when I was just trying to get through the railway earlier than I should have, I could take him along to let people rest and he would somehow survive even though he started the fight at like 20% HP and got the poo poo kicked out of him for the entire thing.

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think Rodion doesn't get one in part because she hasn't really resolved/confronted her past properly, not in the same way Gregor and Sinclair have. Plus they might be not wanting to reveal what Yurodiv do in terms of game mechanics yet.

tbf Gregor and Sinclair haven't really either, they kinda stopped partway through. Gregor's working through how much the city seems to hate the continued survival of tools that have outlived their usefulness, and Sinclair is on some 5th dimensional vision quest where everything is both metaphorical and real at the same time.

The smug armchair revolutionary guy is probably my favorite rival though. Everyone who's done an activism has met that jackass at some point.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Yinlock posted:

The smug armchair revolutionary guy is probably my favorite rival though. Everyone who's done an activism has met that jackass at some point.

We're raising the bar for Praxis pretty high if organizing a lefty organization with actual presence (even if it's not Big League presence) in a place like the City is not enough to lift us from the armchair, methinks :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Given that Chapter 4 is going to be Bigger than the last, I'd be surprised if while Yi Sang is the major focus of it, Gregor and/or Sinclair don't get some extra bits because they're connecting N Corp proper to Nagel Und Hammer or Hermann's supervising an experiment of Gubo or what have ya.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Theantero posted:

We're raising the bar for Praxis pretty high if organizing a lefty organization with actual presence (even if it's not Big League presence) in a place like the City is not enough to lift us from the armchair, methinks :v:

If he didn't want to called an armchair intellectual, he shouldn't have spent so much time telling Rodion to sit down and think more.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Lurks With Wolves posted:

If he didn't want to called an armchair intellectual, he shouldn't have spent so much time telling Rodion to sit down and think more.

this was actually good advice though. i doubt that anyone trapped on the purgatory freak bus has made the best choices in life

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

He's not really doing that though, he's spending all his time having Big Important Discussions and going on about how we simply must wait for the proper time but doing very little to actually help anyone and talking down to the people that do. He also keeps emphasizing the leaders rather than the people. It's pretty standard fare for a careerist using a leftist organization as a stepping stone for their own political ladder-climbing rather than someone with an actual interest in helping people(there will always be approximately 500 of these assholes trying to weasel their way into any significant leftist movement) He preys on peoples' hopes for a better world to offer them empty dreams, something he tries on Rodion and she immediately rejects.

He also keeps insisting that Rodion killed that pawnbroker purely out of pride with nothing at all backing that up which is pretty funny to me, as it betrays that he can't really understand why she did it and assumes it must be out of arrogance rather than being pushed to her breaking point from watching everyone she knows starve and die.

e: Just a fun hateable dude. He's not a mysterious coat person like the Ch. 1 gang nor some fever dream wizard like Damien, he's just an rear end in a top hat careerist. A+ can't wait to beat him up.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 3, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Rodion also agrees with him that the pawnbroker kill was more than just survival, and regrets it because it got everyone she loves slaughtered because she acted without thinking beyond the first kill.

Also he comes across as legitimately interested in creating a new better world. Part of this ideal leads him to help the Sinners get the Bough in opposition of the mission he was meant to be completing for his group.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 4, 2023

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
considering Sonya's role in the original work it makes sense this version wouldnt be totally adversarial

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
I'd like to note the unnamed 1-cost that beats fervid is Smoke Smash, because I usually get it before i get fervid and kind of forgot you don't. It rolls 7-11 9-12 before any other statuses beyond having 9 smoke, which is on average with fervid's emo 2-3 rolls and only slightly below its emo 4-5.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

Rodion also agrees with him that the pawnbroker kill was more than just survival, and regrets it because it got everyone she loves slaughtered because she acted without thinking beyond the first kill.

Also he comes across as legitimately interested in creating a new better world. Part of this ideal leads him to help the Sinners get the Bough in opposition of the mission he was meant to be completing for his group.

He keeps hammering on the idea that it was pride and nothing else, which she never really acknowledges. She does imply that he knew how that situation was eventually going to turn out and kinda just sat there and let it happen though but it's really vague so who the gently caress knows.

I don't think he's 100% evil but I think he's been palling around with the Big Thought Leaders for so long that he's completely lost touch with the proles and is now only concerned with leadership from the chosen few. I mean a normal careerist would never even touch the idea of wealth redistribution, but he's also not currently being W Serum'd so I don't think it also applies to the Head.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

DuoRogue posted:

I'd like to note the unnamed 1-cost that beats fervid is Smoke Smash, because I usually get it before i get fervid and kind of forgot you don't. It rolls 7-11 9-12 before any other statuses beyond having 9 smoke, which is on average with fervid's emo 2-3 rolls and only slightly below its emo 4-5.
Ah, I see! I'd managed to completely miss that one when I was digging through Tiphereth. Getting the most out of that kinda requires building a full Smoke deck though, since you don't get that bonus without having used a Smoke gain card on either the previous turn or before Smoke Smash, while you can kinda just throw a Fervid into any deck and it'll be good.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 4, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure that the plan of Sonya will never work, since the Head can basically be considered as a Godly entity. They hold all the Singularities, past and present, have an over-whelming military power and they are the one who calls the shot. They also got everyone brainwashed to follow their culture (Which I'm pretty sure they enact out of sadistic pleasure or to watch "interesting" story unfolded under their gaze) and everyone is scared to go against them. In order to proprely overthrow the Head, Sonya would need to go against the entire City and their will, which is nigh impossible due to the nature of it.

Also, that begs the question, who is at the top of the Head? Is a person? A group of person? Or is the collective will of the Head itself that dictate where it's going? If it's the last option, then it would be probably impossible to overthrow the Head withouth destroying it completely, no?

TL;DR : The City is immortal due to the Head, which I'm pretty sure is also immortal. Oh and Sonya is probably an idiot or a genius.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I mean, Yurodivy literally means 'holy fool'.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure that the plan of Sonya will never work, since the Head can basically be considered as a Godly entity. They hold all the Singularities, past and present, have an over-whelming military power and they are the one who calls the shot. They also got everyone brainwashed to follow their culture (Which I'm pretty sure they enact out of sadistic pleasure or to watch "interesting" story unfolded under their gaze) and everyone is scared to go against them. In order to proprely overthrow the Head, Sonya would need to go against the entire City and their will, which is nigh impossible due to the nature of it.

Also, that begs the question, who is at the top of the Head? Is a person? A group of person? Or is the collective will of the Head itself that dictate where it's going? If it's the last option, then it would be probably impossible to overthrow the Head withouth destroying it completely, no?

TL;DR : The City is immortal due to the Head, which I'm pretty sure is also immortal. Oh and Sonya is probably an idiot or a genius.

The Head mostly keeps power by making sure everyone is too busy struggling just to survive to fight back. They only really care if someone threatens to disrupt the status quo, or starts seeing the victims of the City as people.

:capitalism:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Sinclair Skill 1: 8 -2 -2
Sinclair Skill 2: 16 -4 -4 -4 -4
Sinclair Skill 3: 30 -12 -12 -12
Defensive Skill: 17 - 7

Jesus loving christ that skill 3.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Holy poo poo yeah that boy does not want to touch his S3 with positive sanity. gently caress even his S2 goes down to 0 if he gets all heads.

He'll be pretty useful against any paralysis heavy boss, though.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Arzaac posted:

Holy poo poo yeah that boy does not want to touch his S3 with positive sanity. gently caress even his S2 goes down to 0 if he gets all heads.

He'll be pretty useful against any paralysis heavy boss, though.
It doesn't matter if he has high sanity with his skill 3. Its clash power gets stronger as it loses coins. Even if you have positive Sanity going in, that last coin will always be 18-30. That's basically an EGO. Which, I suppose, is fitting considering its animation.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Don and Sinclair don't have combat sprites for me...Compensation lunacy on the way??

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

GilliamYaeger posted:

It doesn't matter if he has high sanity with his skill 3. Its clash power gets stronger as it loses coins. Even if you have positive Sanity going in, that last coin will always be 18-30. That's basically an EGO. Which, I suppose, is fitting considering its animation.

I mean, that's cool and all but I'd still be hesitant to use it before dumping his sanity. Kinda feels like a waste of all that damage potential to win a clash and hit for 18-30.

That being said though, he is an incredibly strong clasher, huh?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
Also the specifics for SP management: First Sinclair coin costs 7, second costs 10, third costs 15. Defense restores 5~10, passive (which only requires two red OWNED) halves all SP gain from clash wins and kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023
Sigh. 4 10-pulls and no Nclair. Ah well, we should have enough maintenance and mirror dungeon lunacy + whatever we get from the mini-event this month for a few more attempts, and if it comes to it, I should have enough egoshard crates to get him from the vending machine.