Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I just beat Sim Universe 3 on my second attempt thanks to a pretty wild event. Some lady called "Mei" showed up and gave me all 18 Destruction blessings. Seems good. Made pretty short work of the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

qingque just showed up in the main story and i only like her more now :allears:

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Are Calyx's the only source of light cone xp (other than smashing other light cones)? I completely neglected it since I was used to weapon xp being essentially free in Genshin from smithing.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

funkymonks posted:

Are Calyx's the only source of light cone xp (other than smashing other light cones)? I completely neglected it since I was used to weapon xp being essentially free in Genshin from smithing.

I mean besides treasure chests and reward tracks, currently yes

e : oh and each world's shop has a small supply

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 3, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
This road to trailblazer 40/equilibrium 3 is gonna be a long one now that the story's all done. Just dailies and stamina stuff I guess.

SU world 6 continues to elude me

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

What was a good strategy for World 5 (and possibly also World 6) that worked for people? Path-wise, people-wise.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Did world 5 with Remembrance, using March, Sushang, Natasha, and Bronya. Did world 6 with The Hunt, using Fire MC, Natasha, Seele, and Bronya.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 3, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Hunt and Preservation have been my go-to's. I run fireMC/Seele/Nat/Welt. Preservation with M7 also went ok on world 6 but that last boss charge attack one shots at least one team member.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

acumen posted:

This road to trailblazer 40/equilibrium 3 is gonna be a long one now that the story's all done. Just dailies and stamina stuff I guess.

SU world 6 continues to elude me

Yeah, I just hit 37 and it looks like such a long road.

I also have no quests in my journal and that's such a weird feeling.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

spent some time exploring the space station more.
neat how there's a bunch of little secret missions or activities.

Also noticed how some the regular missions given to you give some hints.

Like I got a regular mission to check the cameras for some activity, and while trying to find what it looked for, it showed a guy trapped somewhere (but didn't have anything to do with the current mission) While exploring, I found the area and oh the guy IS there trapped. So helped him and got a nice chest out of it. So its neat that there's consistency in that and it wasn't just a joke

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
My level 1 Pela who I don't plan on using any time soon hit E6. Thanks I guess.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Pela is extremely good!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I literally said what the gently caress out loud when Svarog did a crit ult counter for 42k damage and chunked 80% of phase 3 Gepard's health in 1 shot.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ibblebibble posted:

I literally said what the gently caress out loud when Svarog did a crit ult counter for 42k damage and chunked 80% of phase 3 Gepard's health in 1 shot.

Calculation complete: Captain Gepard is a little bitch.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i haven't leveled any of my relics yet because the ones i gotten all look like lame basic poo poo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Level em, you can stick the leveled up versions into better artifacts later to get your investment back

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Autisanal Cheese posted:

What was a good strategy for World 5 (and possibly also World 6) that worked for people? Path-wise, people-wise.

I struggled with World 5 over and over, always dying at the boss. I finally went all in on the Abundance path and beat her. I used the same strat for World 6 and beat it first try.

Edit - my team is Seele, Natasha, Tingyun and MC.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Abundance (using Resonance to clear Domination at the end), Sushang / Sampo / Seele / Bailu is a pretty reliable clear for me. I have to get completely hosed on the Blessing selection to not at least stand a chance. Basically, just collect "when healed, you get X" buffs and concentrate on keeping them up, and if you get the one that adds damage to attacks based on your max HP you're solid.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

delfin posted:

Abundance (using Resonance to clear Domination at the end), Sushang / Sampo / Seele / Bailu is a pretty reliable clear for me. I have to get completely hosed on the Blessing selection to not at least stand a chance. Basically, just collect "when healed, you get X" buffs and concentrate on keeping them up, and if you get the one that adds damage to attacks based on your max HP you're solid.

I did my first run of SU5 last night attempting to use this strategy. I saw literally one Abundance blessing in the first 9 floors, and that includes 3 bonus blessings I saw from curios. Kind of crazy that you can get so hosed on blessings that you haven't unlocked your resonance (much less any improvements to it) by the second elite.

FractalSandwich posted:

Here's a table showing how much jade you can get from the two main repeatable sources by the time the next few banners are expected to release, starting specifically from today.

You're missing a couple of repeatable sources:
- The SU reward track includes some jades (refreshed weekly)
- The Forgotten Halls will include jades in the repeatable portion (presumably refreshed bi-weekly if following the Genshin pattern)

I don't know at what point people should expect to be strong enough to start clearing the deeper floors of Forgotten Halls. If the numbers are like Genshin, though, that will eventually be one of the biggest repeatable sources.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Setec_Astronomy posted:

I did my first run of SU5 last night attempting to use this strategy. I saw literally one Abundance blessing in the first 9 floors, and that includes 3 bonus blessings I saw from curios. Kind of crazy that you can get so hosed on blessings that you haven't unlocked your resonance (much less any improvements to it) by the second elite.

You're missing a couple of repeatable sources:
- The SU reward track includes some jades (refreshed weekly)
- The Forgotten Halls will include jades in the repeatable portion (presumably refreshed bi-weekly if following the Genshin pattern)

I don't know at what point people should expect to be strong enough to start clearing the deeper floors of Forgotten Halls. If the numbers are like Genshin, though, that will eventually be one of the biggest repeatable sources.
Yeah, it's definitely not comprehensive. I didn't include the Forgotten Hall because I've got no idea how to account for it either, but the 75 a week from Sim Universe is straightforward enough.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean theres also events

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

One of the things I am appreciating the most about this game compared to Geshin right now is that there are effectively 2 "endgame" modes that I can play, and get progression/crafting materials from even without consuming energy. That's huge. Though apparently the "material" mob drops from SU are capped at something like 100 per day? Similar to Genshin's overworld relic route daily drop limits.

Really really hope we get an equivalent to SU in Genshin at some point, because i do slightly prefer action combat element-combos over pure turnbased rock-paper-scissors.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm already at 90 but that's admittedly with the giant pile of starter juice they give you. But we'll probably get events that give us pulls so I doubt it'll be that long. Probably not exactly gonna be soon either though.

In Genshin I don't think you get many standard pulls from events - usually just the crystals, which are best converted to limited banner pulls.

Off the top of my head, the only consistent sources are 1. ascending characters, 2. the 5 from when the shop resets and 3. battle pass (which I think is also 5). So that's probably no more than 15-20 every more-than-a-month.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

e: also unlocked relic crafting, and you get 1 stat customizable item a BP it seems to ensure a non trash piece so that's cool. But it seems like it's only mainstat customization which is..less ideal lol.

Yeah, that's kind of annoying since I don't exactly invest in stuff to begin with unless it has a main stat I want. I guess I could see it being useful if you have two good pieces with the same main stat and would like for another character to be able to use one of them.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 3, 2023

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I am dumb and have March 7 on my team for ice planet even though most enemies have ice resist.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I am dumb and have March 7 on my team for ice planet even though most enemies have ice resist.

I wouldn’t say most do actually.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

That "reroll a mainstat" item seems like it would be cracked if it's not super expensive to craft and you can use multiple of them on a given relic, since it means you can level up all your relics to fish for good substats, and just apply the desired mainstat afterwards. That would be a massive time saver.

Sadly there's no info on wikis about the details of that item yet that I am finding.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think that item is only given out once per battle pass. I don't think there's any way to craft it or anything.

They might give it out for events or something too.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

at what levels does a new random substat get added to relics.
gonna have nightmares like with genshin again with chasing the rng...

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

GateOfD posted:

https://twitter.com/Sesield/status/1652871239235670018

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

She feels like the best support until you get Natasha, tbh

Also her pinkie pie attitude is kinda endearing after a while. I hope her whole "being found in an iceberg" backstory doesn't have too dark a twist

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

poo poo I finally did it. Took some careful planning of the Hunt super for free resets on the ice adds and some quick stuns on Bronya. Now I am truly complete :(

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
people are talking up sim 6 and poo poo and I keep falling over on sim 2's boss

seele and MC can chainsaw through everything up until then with ease but I can't out-shield all the bleed and back to back hefty turns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

people are talking up sim 6 and poo poo and I keep falling over on sim 2's boss

seele and MC can chainsaw through everything up until then with ease but I can't out-shield all the bleed and back to back hefty turns
are you using natasha?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Single pulled seele. Time for Ting, seele shenanigans

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

m.hache posted:

Single pulled seele. Time for Ting, seele shenanigans

Get Tinyun some speed so she goes before Seele, adn that combo is just brutal.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GateOfD posted:

I believe it's every three levels until the relic in question has four? substats.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Get Tinyun some speed so she goes before Seele, adn that combo is just brutal.

Will do!

RIP Sampo, you were fun while you lasted.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I wonder how viable a dot-stacking comp would be, with like Sampo / Serval / Hook / ???.

Can dots crit? IIRC they cannot in Genshin.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dots cant crit, but dot stacking is an extremely viable comp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Endorph posted:

are you using natasha?

no, I was using MC/march/bronya/seele/hook throughout, guess I'll level her up