Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im confident i could make an f1 channel with zero knowledge and the things i say will be at least on par with the people doing it for a living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.
well that explains why George so strongly outperformed Lewis this weekend

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sunk Dunk posted:

im confident i could make an f1 channel with zero knowledge and the things i say will be at least on par with the people doing it for a living

This is what The Race is

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
this is the race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYhXJaEbw7c

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sunk Dunk posted:

as am I

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
I love that his entire body of evidence is, "George doesn't complain about the car, and he out-qualified Lewis."

The utter lack of logic and critical thinking is astounding to behold.

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

I'm four races into learning about F1 and I buy that.

Am I getting this right? You've got two guys who are at the top, team red bull. From what I can tell, at Miami they could just crash into each other, DNF, and still hold the lead. That's friggin' wild, man.

Do the standings tend to even out and seem a little less ridiculous mid-season, or is this basically just how it goes?

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

Chunderbucket posted:

Do the standings tend to even out and seem a little less ridiculous mid-season, or is this basically just how it goes?
When a car is as dominant as the RB is this season, this is how it goes.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chunderbucket posted:

Am I getting this right? You've got two guys who are at the top, team red bull. From what I can tell, at Miami they could just crash into each other, DNF, and still hold the lead. That's friggin' wild, man.

it is how it goes but normal people agree it's not great

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Personal Lucubrant posted:

This came across my youtube, the thumbnail looked hilarious, and it didn't disappoint. This dude is mainlining pure, un-cut copium, and the comments are also great.

It couldn't possibly be that Sir Lewis is no longer at the peak of his abilities, and is being out-performed by his teammate. No, it's Mercedes to blame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chGhccJ0ZAg

"I have a lot of theories and maybe evidence to support this" is this dude ghost writing Joe Saward's blog?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Chunderbucket posted:

There tends to be 1 team that runs away with it over course of the season, 2021 being the recent exception.
Redbull does seem to have build a monster of a car this year though.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Chunderbucket posted:

everybody else was racing for 3rd for the rest of the season by the end of the first race. Barring any crashes, it's going to be RB 1/2 to the end.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
When does the FIA revise its scoring system so that the WDC/WCC is closer and does more to reward consistency/reliability?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

You'd be a perfect fit for the Pitstop Boys.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

When does the FIA revise its scoring system so that the WDC/WCC is closer and does more to reward consistency/reliability?

Like this would ever get by Ferrari’s vote.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I think we all agree Red Bull, Max, and Horner should be banned from F1. That's my understanding of the current situation.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Zedd posted:

Redbull does seem to have cheated their way to the top this year by overspending on their car development at the expense of regal and well-meaning teams like McLaren and Mercedes...

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
alright if anyone wants to start an f1 podcast dm me (please be ok with racial outbursts)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

net work error posted:

I think we all agree Red Bull, Max, and Horner should be banned from F1. That's my understanding of the current situation.

That's my reading of it too, fellow scholar

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Sunk Dunk posted:

alright if anyone wants to start an f1 podcast dm me (please be ok with racial outbursts)

It’s okay to be racist against the Dutch

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Personal Lucubrant posted:

This came across my youtube, the thumbnail looked hilarious, and it didn't disappoint. This dude is mainlining pure, un-cut copium, and the comments are also great.

It couldn't possibly be that Sir Lewis is no longer at the peak of his abilities, and is being out-performed by his teammate. No, it's Mercedes to blame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chGhccJ0ZAg

it probably has more to do with lewis not being motivated to push that last fraction which greatly increases your risk of crashing. see george and max in the sprint race.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

net work error posted:

This is really the only sensible option

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
The list goes like this:

Horrible People to Avoid at all Costs
1. Neo-Nazis
2. Team LH
3. Max fans
4. Trumpists
5. George Russell
6. Anime watchers
7. Apple shills
8. Anybody who unironically uses the word "cager", or who refer to motorcycling as a "brotherhood"
9. People who think bread makers are just as good as doing it by hand
10. All of Alberta

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the real problem bread people are the people who think they're some sort of old world artisan because they make it once a week photograph it and shotgun said photos onto every loving social media platform they're on. You're making bread using some recipe you got off the Internet rear end in a top hat gently caress off.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

The list goes like this:

Horrible People to Avoid at all Costs
1. Neo-Nazis
2. Team LH
3. Max fans
4. Trumpists
5. George Russell
6. Anime watchers
7. Apple shills
8. Anybody who unironically uses the word "cager", or who refer to motorcycling as a "brotherhood"
9. People who think bread makers are just as good as doing it by hand
10. All of Alberta

Co-sign. Also what is a cager?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Sunk Dunk posted:

somebody posted awhile ago that the best possible f1 podcast would just be putting this thread in a text-to-speech thing

that would be a very bad podcast, but after sampling several different f1 podcasts that are substantially worse i'm starting to come around to the idea

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

net work error posted:

finally someone speaking some drat sense around here

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

tony quidtana posted:

the real problem bread people are the people who think they're some sort of old world artisan because they make it once a week photograph it and shotgun said photos onto every loving social media platform they're on. You're making bread using some recipe you got off the Internet rear end in a top hat gently caress off.

delete all social media and this is no longer a problem.

The Big Jesus posted:

People who drive cars instead of experiencing the utter joy and orgasmic pleasure of riding a motorcycle. Bikes are fun, but I don't need to feel one with the machine all the time. Sometimes I just want to go to the store.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 3, 2023

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Chunderbucket posted:

May I suggest a good racing league based on cool vehicles instead of lame vehicles and participated in by honest working class Italians instead of British tax evaders (excepting sir Lewis) (talking about MotoGP)

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Ban Max, ban Horner, also ban sausage kerbs before they actually end up paralyzing or killing a junior series driver.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bloody Pom posted:

Ban Max, ban Horner, also ban sausage kerbs before they actually end up paralyzing or killing a junior series driver.

:hmmyes:

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
all i know about bikes is that I have a
relative who rides a motorcycle that gets very angry whenever he sees someone riding a bike in jeans

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

If you die in an "open" wheel racing car with a halo device you soul cannot ascend to heaven and you are damned to never see Jesus' light

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sunk Dunk posted:

Maybe we can call it something like Race Concerns or Race Truth, just workshopping for now.

Maybe something like The Bad Races(Yes That One)
It's a long name but that probably helps for SEO.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Monaco, Baku, Jews

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

net work error posted:

Maybe we can call it something like Race Concerns or Race Truth, just workshopping for now.

Maybe something like The Bad Races(Yes That One)
It's a long name but that probably helps for SEO.

topic for episode 1: most kissable driver

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Sunk Dunk posted:

topic for episode 1: most kissable driver

It's Charles LeClerc. You don't need a podcast episode for that.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/BaronVonClutch/status/1653875203955634176

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

seems like a dumbass because a lot of people that watch on tv would like to go to a race some day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/HondaRacingGLB/status/1653836223830433795

:dafuq: