Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

frajaq posted:

....is Kafka the next banner after this general dude?

No. she's going to be in like 3 or 4 banners iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

No. she's going to be in like 3 or 4 banners iirc.

Three if the leaks are accurate. She’s the second 1.1 banner according to them.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

what about Wolf?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
fire mc is in the cursed spot of physical mc actually being very solid, but also your one guaranteed tank

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GateOfD posted:

fire mc is nice for sustainability, but i do miss the big bat single hits.
also feels like removing physical damage is gonna hurt a bit since that was like about what every enemy in the beginning is weak to giveme weakness. probably will change in the next world

Physical MC does my biggest single hits of any of my characters, though I also haven't really built any other high single-target DPS characters. I'll be curious to see how Sushang is once I get her online.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

phys mc has good dps (though no real other benefits). will likely be 'unlocked' somewhat once we get more tanks.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Meowywitch posted:

I don't really like fire Mc at all but hey, tanks

Fire MC is one of the best tanks, and you get it for free. Tanks for nothin’

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

this game does a much better job of making me want to upgrade + use a bunch of teammates than genshin ever did

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Bussamove posted:

Three if the leaks are accurate. She’s the second 1.1 banner according to them.

No, 1.2.

1.1 is expected to be Luocha/Silver Wolf with Yukong as a new 4 star.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

E: I can’t read. My mistake! Four banners.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

jokes posted:

Fire MC is one of the best tanks, and you get it for free. Tanks for nothin’

Unfortunately I've been cursed with both Gepard and his 5* light cone

Boy the fire would be nice to have though

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

jokes posted:

This game made me thirst for using a baseball bat as my weapon in other games

I've been doing that since Smash Bros

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

Unfortunately I've been cursed with both Gepard and his 5* light cone

Boy the fire would be nice to have though

You'll needs 2 teams for forgotten halls 11 and on, and Gepard and Fireblazer are probably the best shielding characters with moderate investment.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

i tend to like to use my custom character as a tank or support class anyway.
i do with the tank for now, but i probably mainline her as a healer in the end.

nearing the end of ice planet, soo much stuff to shift thru, even before heading to the next world.

also just noticed..but is Clara ever going to get some shoes...she's just walking around barefoot

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

GateOfD posted:

i tend to like to use my custom character as a tank or support class anyway.
i do with the tank for now, but i probably mainline her as a healer in the end.

nearing the end of ice planet, soo much stuff to shift thru, even before heading to the next world.

also just noticed..but is Clara ever going to get some shoes...she's just walking around barefoot

No, robots don't understand shoes, and if someone tried to give her shoes her fanclub would murder them.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Can't believe Clara is smart enough to educate a robot about the human concept of "sleeping in" but not the concept of "human person shoes"

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If the icy ground begins to hurt her feet, Svarog will laser it. It knows better.

As of now, my units that are in semi-regular rotation are at 50/50 with compatible relics, with Qingque, Serval and Dan Heng at 40/50 and waiting for more leveling fuel. Natasha's next on my to-build list since she'll be needed later, with Asta, Herta and Arlan waving from the distant locker room.

delfin fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 3, 2023

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
March mentions something about inherent cold resistance the moment you land on the first planet, I just don't remember if it only applies to trailblazers or any person who follows a path. Also not sure if Clara even counts because Svarog does everything in combat...

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Zenostein posted:

No, robots don't understand shoes, and if someone tried to give her shoes her fanclub would murder them.

Svarog wears shoes!

There’s actually a text you can get about her fan club buying her nice shoes but she thinks they’re uncomfortable so she doesn’t.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

World 5 down, finally got a bunch of Abundance so I could actually build up to the debuff-cleansing resonance, then pivot into damage/sustain. It was close, she died right when I got the Berserk warning.

If you're trying to juggle it, in the later rounds the "is going to be affected next Revelation" marker counts as a debuff so you can cleanse it as soon as that goes up instead of waiting for the actual Domination.

Edit: Is her stacking damage buff unavoidable, or goes away if you break her? I didn't have anyone of the right element.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 4, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Baiard posted:

March mentions something about inherent cold resistance the moment you land on the first planet, I just don't remember if it only applies to trailblazers or any person who follows a path. Also not sure if Clara even counts because Svarog does everything in combat...

I think that's a Trailblazer thing? Like IIRC the reason for it was specifically that it's easier to go blazin' trails if you don't have trouble with climates.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Baiard posted:

it's mentioned later on it's the blessing of the trailblazer's path for them, yeah

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Baiard posted:

Natasha's last quest has the her and the MC walk into the snow fields and while you're fine Nat's voice lines indicate she's very obviously freezing to death after only a short time, so the effect is definitely limited to whoever's a trailblazer

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
This game has way too many characters I actually want to use, and teambuilding is a lot looser than genshin's, so I've got serious decision paralysis

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Leraika posted:

This game has way too many characters I actually want to use, and teambuilding is a lot looser than genshin's, so I've got serious decision paralysis

:hmmyes:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://starrailstation.com/en/planner

there's a star rail ascension planner similar to genshin center's ascension planner, doens't have the achievement tracker and the sidebar summary in comparison atm

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Autisanal Cheese posted:

What was a good strategy for World 5 (and possibly also World 6) that worked for people? Path-wise, people-wise.

Firemc/march/Dan/Natasha works.

Key thing about the boss is you need debuff clear, everyone talks about the mind control but the boss also gets a stacking damage buff everytime a shock debuff damages your guys, so keep that under control. Fire MC and march do a great job here since that keeps the debuff on fire and march clearing it.

I also got the preservation blessing that has a chance to clear debuffs on shield application and with a couple preservation blessing that apply shield, plus fire MC you have a solid chance of clearing the stage 2 and 3 revelation debuff before the timer runs out without doing anything, but march and Natasha can clear it manually as well.

Dan just hits the boss in the weakness, but don't worry about basic attacking with him if you need energy for cleanse.

Natasha also hits the boss in weakness and can cleanse heal if things start going wrong, but she was very much a backup plan, I think if everything went right she could be unnecessary... But it won't.

I used hunt path but got hosed a bit on blessings, didn't get the first upgrade but the actual resonance does tons of damage even at base, spam that as soon as it's ready.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Can someone check my math: looking at gear for Yanqing (ice attacker's all that's relevant for the question, there's other reasons to pick gear), the Glacial set is 10% ice damage. The Musketeer set increases ATK by 12%. Those numbers being different (and elemental being less) threw me so I did some digging.

Using https://www.prydwen.gg/star-rail/guides/damage-formula/ for damage mechanics I think the elemental multiplier comes in at the end, the ATK multiplier (bottom of the page) comes before flat ATK bonuses are added in. So for which one's better you're comparing 2% of the base attack (character and light cone) against 10% of the added attack (gloves, other relic incidentals)?

Doing the math on a character I already have geared out (Seele) that's... actually pretty close. 950 Base stats, 300 added ATK (plus a bunch of other attack multipliers but those shouldn't be a factor in the comparison), that means elemental's better by about 10 attack equivalent but her total is 1850 attack so that's tiny.

Of course since they're both 2-piece bonuses the question becomes going for 4 or 2+2, but that's another big mess. Looks like assuming all other places elemental damage show up are similarly tuned it's better but roughly equivalent to attack%

EDIT: the exception being if I'm picking stuff I want to swap between characters

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Sounds right to me, in genshin where the elemental comes out ahead is when you're high level with a ton of attack stats from other sources (weapon + relics) so adding elemental on top is worth more than an extra 10% on your 40-50% attack percent.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Remind me, after Seele's banner it's Jing Yuan right? Seeing as I got Bailu super early in like 30 pulls and have a pity lined up I think I may hold my resources for him since he's rad as hell looking.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yep. His LC is also super nuts so if there's any banner to possibly dip into that it's going to be that one as well.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

March 7 using a bow, having ice powers and being super hyper kinda makes me think she could be Aeon of Human Ego/Elysia here

Wouldn't she obviously be connected to The Remembrance? Her whole thing about missing her memories, plus the way she's recording everything with photos. And Remembrance is associated with ice and freezing.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
It's noted that some of her photos literally could not have been taken by her, or even by a camera too.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

got revenge on World 2 after getting owned when trying it at lv32
went back at lv40 and a bunch of other upgrades.
do I get more pts at the end if I don't use all my cosmic pts or should I just spam them all at the end to enhance the blessings.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Cirina posted:

It's noted that some of her photos literally could not have been taken by her, or even by a camera too.

Pretty sure that was a joke about all her photos being from the game camera's perspective.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Kafka is a pretty cool gal. Definitely gonna be saving for her banner.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Got my rear end kicked a few times on Simulated World 4 boss with going for preservation buff's and decided to try hunt instead. Drew some really nice buff's like whenever I get a weakness break all my team get their actions moved up and have a double bar for the special path attack (resonance? I forget the term) so I could fire two of them back to back if I saved up. Completely bodied the world 4 boss. Can't move onto world 5 yet because I haven't progressed the main story enough. I'm TB 35 and have barely done anything on China world other than meet with the woman leader and the general.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

March 7 using a bow, having ice powers and being super hyper kinda makes me think she could be Aeon of Human Ego/Elysia here

Maybe it's just because I don't want it to be true because I like March and hate Elysia, but isn't Elysia only cryo because Honkai has no Hydro? At least from her boss fight I remember manta rays and a trident and I think waves and a whale? I remember thinking "wow, that's just like Kokomi Genshin Impact but way cooler."

I mean Star Rail also doesn't have Hydro, but March's ice is, you know, ice themed.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Currently wasting all my resin on the planar machine things in the SU

Probably not entirely "cost effective" either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I made it to rank 35, and the last 10 rolls from the new player experience were enough to bring me to my first pity standard banner pity window. I was mentally prepared to be met with Gepard E2, but the fates had mercy on me tonight.