Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
"I'm gonna CUM"

The ship's helmsman pauses and looks awkwardly back over their shoulder at the captain."...uh, Sir?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"You heard me, Mister."

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Grand Fromage posted:

It's 100% one of those situations where it's simpler to just build a new ship. Why would you want the old parts anyway? Build a brand new 4090 gaming PC but keep your CPU from 2010.

The old ship would be most useful as raw matter to feed into replicators.

Not sure if it was Dave Blass or Matalas or someone else, but they basically explained that their logic was the total destruction of Utopia Planitia and the rough two decades Starfleet has weathered in general made them move towards this thing of putting old ships and existing materials to use that in the past they might have simply discarded or fed to a replicator

There's also that bit in the Titan-A bio about how it actually did start out intended to be another Luna-class, but changed enough through the construction process thanks to new tech and design updates that it ended up coming out different enough to the point it became a new class of ship.

It's one of those things where I don't disagree with the logic at all, I'm just not all that much of a fan of how they used it in this case.

(I think the Stargazer situation makes a whole lot less sense than the Titan/E-G personally, which season 3 made even worse!)

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

"¡Vamos!"

:smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Bloody Pom posted:

"¡Vamos!"

:smith:

No joke "¡Dale!" is my absolute favorite of these.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
https://twitter.com/louisathelast/status/1653946938838925314

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Post the image (not the tweet) in the r/relationships thread and see how long it takes for someone to get it :laugh:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Seemlar posted:

(I think the Stargazer situation makes a whole lot less sense than the Titan/E-G personally, which season 3 made even worse!)

The Stargazer situation has been passively retconned by the original Stargazer showing up in the Fleet Museum.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MikeJF posted:

The Stargazer situation has been passively retconned by the original Stargazer showing up in the Fleet Museum.

Here's a thought: would it have been better or somehow even worse if instead of the Titan, the hero ship of Season 3 was just the Stargazer again with Shaw replacing Rios as captain and Seven being assigned as his XO, and after a season's worth of adventures and suffering, the Stargazer was renamed the Enterprise-G? Wouldn't that be a more fitting "names still mean something" tribute to Picard?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This is good enough to respond to in 2 threads but holy poo poo.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I had to fight with myself not to immediately post it in every Trek thread I could find, it's too funny

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

nine-gear crow posted:

Here's a thought: would it have been better or somehow even worse if instead of the Titan, the hero ship of Season 3 was just the Stargazer again with Shaw replacing Rios as captain and Seven being assigned as his XO, and after a season's worth of adventures and suffering, the Stargazer was renamed the Enterprise-G? Wouldn't that be a more fitting "names still mean something" tribute to Picard?

If it had been the Stargazer it would have been even more obvious that the renaming should have been "USS Picard" rather than Enterprise - it's the ship whose historical importance is that it was Picard's, and it's even part Borg! It's a layup.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

This is good enough to respond to in 2 threads but holy poo poo.

The only thing throwing me off is that they got the ages wrong, Kira was 29/30 at the time not 21

:goonsay:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bloody Pom posted:

The only thing throwing me off is that they got the ages wrong, Kira was 29/30 at the time not 21

:goonsay:

It's a Major problem.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Kesper North posted:

I had to fight with myself not to immediately post it in every Trek thread I could find, it's too funny

if you post in all trek threads simultaneously you become a lizard and you have to have lizard babies with the other lizard posters

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tighclops posted:

if you post in all trek threads simultaneously you become a lizard and you have to have lizard babies with the other lizard posters

Oh great now you told everyone that the forums are going to chock full of abandons lizards babies within the week.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tighclops posted:

Oh yeah, just watch me.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh yeah, just watch me.

God drat it, I said no lizard babies.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

dr_rat posted:

God drat it, I said no lizard babies.

Ả̵̧̧͚̗͎̜̣̭̬̺͙̙͇͔̗͈̫͕̀͌͝Ą̵̨̢̟̭̹͕͓͈̞͉̤̩̣̘̞̼̦̲̾̈́͒̓͑̎͂̽̑̔͑̀͗̍̏̎͘̕͘Ạ̷̭̱̱̭̗̬̹͍͇̯̞̗̋͌̉̂̉̍̕̚͘Ą̵̡̘̣̮̹̥̞̲̬̳̰̙̦̭̗̈́̆̒̈́̿̀̀̎̾̋̌͝͠͝ͅA̷̡̢̧͍̙̮̝͇̙̱͖̪̥̼͍͇͌̒̀̚Ȁ̷͖̗̑̎̀̓̒͑̃̆̆͗͗̒̾͛̕A̸̢̩̝̥̥͈̳̳̤̝̯͉̍͌̾̓̏͐͊͋͐̇͊͜ͅA̴̝̭͉̗̞̻͉̮͓̼͔̗̜̮̥̻̤̣̣̠̘̘̓͂̓̂͗̈̔͒́͗̎̓̌̃͗́͘͝͝A̴̡̛͕̪͌̀̃́͊̿̾͂͊̈̿̈́̌̔̀͑̋̽̚̚͠Ả̷̢̛͇̲̋̀̄̀̍̈́̓͑͊̈́̏̀̋͋͝Ä̴̧̫̤̠̳̜͙̩͖̱̞͚͇̗͉̬̤̻́̂̕͝Ḁ̸̲͎̖̣̯̜̩̝͙̘̲̙̐̎ͅÀ̷̜̺̘̳͌̏̋͂̊̾͒̾͐̔̽̚͠͝Ḁ̷̟͙̏̑̿͐̎̒̉͐̎̀̑̓͒̋̌̀͘̚͝͝͝͠ͅĂ̴̢̢̢̪̹̥̝̹̲̦̬̺̤͇͔̫̼̼A̸̬̘̥̎̀̽͗̋͐̌̑̓͊̂̚͘͜Á̸̢̢̜̺̹͖̬͉̰̤̜̲̗̼̬̀̎̀̀̍̀̚͝A̴̗̞̜͂̎̈̾̄̃͒̅͑̈́̕͝ͅÄ̷̧̛̞̺͎̖̮͓́̓̾̽̆̅̔̎̎̏͒̎̄̈́̃̐̒͋͐͛͘͠͝A̵͕̲̩̳͎̗̟͐̏̂͆̅̓̋̌̒̏͐̕̚͘͘͝͝A̸̢̡̛͎̲̰̭̦̭̙̬͉̪̜̮͉̽͂̽̔̒̀͋̀̐͐̊̈́̾̆͋̈͗̀͋͗̅̕̕͝A̴̡̪̞͓̳͐͂̎̑̓̽͑̀́̍̈́̿̾̓͐̕͘̚͝͝͠A̷̝̒̇̌̏͋̑Ȧ̸̡̞̝̹̦̮̻͎̱͔̪͎̙̱͇̻̣̲̙̐̆̅͒̌͆̾̀̂̑̈́̓̑̄́̀̀̕͘͜ͅÁ̴̩̲̞͖͓͔͔͚̋ͅẠ̶̡̧̢̛͎̥̞̥̯̹̥͎̘͈̪͍͖̹̭̦̬̠̬̭̀̄́̆͌̏̀̀͐͐͂̾͊̉͛̀͛̀͐͋̒͘̕͝Ą̴̛͓͓̟̼͕͇̪͎͍͚̹̰̎͆̕͠A̵̼͈̰̠͙͚̋͗̈̈́͊̓̍̓̍̃̑͋̔̄̀̀̿͐̚͝A̸̢̱̣͈͕̙̍͌̀̅̑́̎̌̐͑̓̿̀̀̒͘͘̕͜͠ͅĄ̷̞̖͈̩͍̩̪̪̹͇͕̩͉̭̤̣͖̏̽͒̃̆́͒͛̈́̍͌̐̉̈́̎̔͋̃̑͒͘͠͝ͅͅA̵͍̻̹͊̂̈́̑̍̍͊̕̕͠Ȃ̷̜͕͕̩͈͈̣̏͐̇̐̀͋̐̌̌̈́̑̎̍̀̑̄́̈́̊͑͝͝͝ͅÄ̷̜͖͉̜́̆̈̉͂́̒̎̅͛̔̿̈̈̽̔͋̍̏͌̓̋͝͠͠Ạ̴̧̦̤̼̙̺͚̼̰̪̙̈́̅̀Å̴̡̨̧͍͉̰̖͈̜̹̳̖̚̕͝͝Ā̷̟̐̾͌̈̄̾̍̃̽͛͑́̀͑̚̕͠A̸͉̘̗͌̌͐͒̋̆̆̆̚͝Ā̵̡̦͖̘͈̩̯͙͚̘̹̗͖͕̥͙̰̫̿͆̎̀̌̔ͅͅA̸̧͖̽͊̓̊̐̋̿̂̾̓̇́͝Ḁ̷̧̡͙͚̝͕̤̮͚̩͇̤͕̺̰̟̪̫͈̼̆͒̌͗͋̑̾͘Ǎ̴̤̬̩͈͒̂̾͋̓͑͊̑̀͋͋̿͛̊́̑͆̚A̸͓̩̠̝̻̘̦̼̭͆̍̓̀̏̔̓̃̉́͌͘̕͘͜͠Ą̴̪̯͔͕̳̹̹͎̥͉͔̻̯̼̱͈̫̣̺̖̾̇́̅̍͊̽͐̇̉̈́̀̓͂̈́́͜͝͝͝͠͠ͅ

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm assuming everyone else saw this when it was new, but it's new to me, and I think it's honestly better than the original. Especially Tuvok.

Edit: and the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luEDui2zAUw

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer

nine-gear crow posted:

Plus Shaw being the chief engineer of the Stargazer promoted to Captain would give him a nice double chip on shoulder against Picard in the season.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tighclops posted:

Oh thank god I thought you got turned into Tuvix and then murdered

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Seemlar posted:

Not sure if it was Dave Blass or Matalas or someone else, but they basically explained that their logic was the total destruction of Utopia Planitia and the rough two decades Starfleet has weathered in general made them move towards this thing of putting old ships and existing materials to use that in the past they might have simply discarded or fed to a replicator

Because of how replicators work I just don't feel like this makes sense
It still feels like they're thinking in modern manufacturing terms and not in replicator terms

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Too many industrial replicators got blown up on Mars and they can't meet capacity for shipbuilding.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Since JJtrek featured Simon Pegg, they should have gone with "Punch! That! poo poo!" to make ship go.

I'd use "Bang zoom, let's go-go!" myself.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm surprised Lower Decks mocking the whole thing with Captain Freeman trying to figure one out and settling on 'Warp me!' didn't embarrass them into dropping it, but I doubt Matalis has watched LDS.

(Although tbh I've actually kinda gotten used to Warp Me. Even the 'Maximum Warp Me!' during the finale crisis was a YEAH moment)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Payndz posted:

Since JJtrek featured Simon Pegg, they should have gone with "Punch! That! poo poo!" to make ship go.

"Mister Watt, weapons report"
"Cocked, locked, and ready to rock"

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The correct phrase is "move zig". Possibly "for great justice".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Let's extend an olive branch on this, the day of Star Wars' birth: As Picard might say "There are FOURTH lights"!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Excuse me sir, there are clearly five lights.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

https://youtu.be/M_ZRsf9sneQ

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 4, 2023

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Beachcomber posted:

It's a Major problem.

But there's a Colonel of truth to it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Found my phrase:

https://twitter.com/HELLLLHOOOOLE/status/1653817652048191488?t=875J98M02aSI7HV5uJr_Ww&s=19

Set course for Earth, maximum warp. Muad'Dib time!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

"Time to ride the worm!"

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
"Woah. Sandworms. You hate 'em, right? I hate 'em myself!"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

"Beetlejuice"
"Lay in a course to Risa"
"Beetlejuice"
"Warp 5"
(everyone looks around nervously)

"BEETLEJUICE"

Enterprise goes into warp right before the warp core comes alive and takes out half of engineering.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
if terry gets his legacy show all of the characters will have horrible catchphrases. riker's will be "LET'S BOOGIE" because he likes jazz, you see. former borg seven of nine will simply say "comply". raffi will say "engage" because apparently she is friends with jean-luc. and despite being a newly minted ensign jack crusher will say "let's loving gooo" at least once every episode as everyone on the bridge stands and claps for the special boy

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Beeftweeter posted:

if terry gets his legacy show all of the characters will have horrible catchphrases. riker's will be "LET'S BOOGIE" because he likes jazz, you see. former borg seven of nine will simply say "comply". raffi will say "engage" because apparently she is friends with jean-luc. and despite being a newly minted ensign jack crusher will say "let's loving gooo" at least once every episode as everyone on the bridge stands and claps for the special boy

Which one will say "DYNO-MITE"!!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

riker's will be "LET'S BOOGIE" because he likes jazz, you see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX6WgDDyHWM

I wanna work on the Titan bridge it looks so cozy. Mood lighting with a brown and burgandy theme and heavy wood accents.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 4, 2023