Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol though if Ukraine blew up the Kremlin. I was hoping they would blow the whole thing up not do the equivalent of a quad copter

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Is there a right wing version of Guy Fieri
Like, the Cake Boss guy maybe

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Nelson Mandingo posted:

That's disappointing. When you spend 1.2 stolen billion dollars on a literal palace you expect good first results.

Other images also show that the place looks like garbage otherwise; the garden is really quite small and not that well maintained, and the soviet-style hovels start immediately behind the garden fence, which is only few hundred meters from the front-facing balconies.

So for a over-the-top billionaire-emperor's luxury palace it is really a sad show, I've seen better maintained gardens with a larger land plot on 3 star Canary Island tourist resorts.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'd sign up for the flavortown pmc ngl

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Nooner posted:

I'd sign up for the flavortown pmc ngl

I just want you to know I misread the last post thing and thought you'd got a name change to "Late Nooner". I think you should do it

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Don't worry, that's a typo. Russia's threatening unclear retaliation. They don't even know what they're going to do.

:discourse:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Another recipient of a statuette of his own likeness?

"For the Kremlin" :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1653983973410852865

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 4, 2023

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/covertshores/status/1654004440452481024?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

Huh, what’s going on here.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Locator posted:

Tijuana is actually a pretty bad comparison, as it's a huge city with a population of about 2 million people whereas Bakhmut pre-war was just over 71,000 folks. I was going to say Nogales is a better comparison, but it has over 200k people.

Tecate. Tecate is a decent comparison I suppose, it is barely over 100k people! So yeah... like we failed to advance beyond Tecate in over 400 days of war while losing a huge portion of our ground forces in the process.
Tecate would be too light for Russia to bother

Oh you mean the city

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

fatherboxx posted:

Is there a right wing version of Guy Fieri
Like, the Cake Boss guy maybe

Paula Deen

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Zelensky is going to in the Netherlands for talks with the ICC over the mass kidnapping of Ukrainian children by Russia, with the Dutch government in general, and I think also a WW2 memorial service.

Standard limp flex of the Russians to scrape together something in the air or on the water nearby as a (not so) threatening show of force.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 09:31 on May 4, 2023

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Russia is such a petty bully.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Russia is trying to be extra efficient by launching a botched assassination attempt on big Z while he's at the Hague, thus speeding up the war crimes evidence gathering process exponentially.

Checkmate NATO losers

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dwesa posted:

Another recipient of a statuette of his own likeness?

"For the Kremlin" :rolleyes:
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1653983973410852865
Imagine getting so cucked by the west that you spell the name of your capital with a Latin letter

Concerning

Toxic Mental posted:

Wait I thought we all loved the Iraq War here, because we love war so much and hate peace. I think I'm in the wrong thread!!! Oops!!!!
No no hold on
https://i.imgur.com/dsQbxTy.mp4

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The iraq war was great actually and nothing bad happened there at all, any claims to the contrary are terrorist propoganda

*I am legally required to state this post is a paid advert by Haliburton*

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

Drone_Fragger posted:

The iraq war was great actually and nothing bad happened there at all, any claims to the contrary are terrorist propoganda

Iraq was full of WMDs and al-Qaida. When countries get full of baddies, they have to be invaded :(
-various leftists in tyool 2023, apparently

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Generation Kill is the most accurate war documentary ever and if you think it isn't a documentary I was there and its not exaggeration

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

I hope they crash into one of my honking Scottish Tennents lager turds

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

*hunched over printed out pics of Iraqi soldiers with a magnifying glass looking for fascist symbols* I know the Iraqi state deserves this war, I just have to find the evidence!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

*hunched over printed out pics of Iraqi soldiers with a magnifying glass looking for fascist symbols* I know the Iraqi state deserves this war, I just have to find the evidence!

Tragically all the nazis were working on the oil fields so we had no choice but to invade and replace them all with halliburton contractors.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

steinrokkan posted:

Ah, comrade, my shamanistic ritual failed because the toad suffered from lead poisoning and the lead then crystallized through the back of my patient's skull. It's a sad result of environmental pollution.

But that's unironically one of the more plausible ones, chugging toad poison is currently popular among the brain-dead trend chasers with "alternative medicine" inclinations

Man, I remember the toad poison thing being a trend in Poland until someone died (because said poison was basically hypermorphine). What a time.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Oh wow, they must have fixed up some of the tugboats.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

orange juche posted:

Generation Kill is the most accurate war documentary ever and if you think it isn't a documentary I was there and its not exaggeration

Maybe.

It was well written, I'll tell you that. I only watched the HBO series very recently and I thought it hit every beat. Super faithful to the book.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

So is this just a 'show of 'strength' toward NATO for daring to host Zelensky (and to give their TV commentators enough material to
let them publicly fantasize about launching cruise missile attacks on Dutch soil to assassinate him)?

Or is the fleet actually on its way to the Mediterranean for some reason? Presumably to park in the Aegean and try to look as menacing as possible, due to the Straits being closed to them.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Map of attacks on refineries and fuel trains so far

https://twitter.com/COUPSURE/status/1654035964610658306

United and strong BRICS will replace Anglo-Saxon hegemony any day now

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1654073278825127936

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tigey posted:

So is this just a 'show of 'strength' toward NATO for daring to host Zelensky (and to give their TV commentators enough material to
let them publicly fantasize about launching cruise missile attacks on Dutch soil to assassinate him)?

Or is the fleet actually on its way to the Mediterranean for some reason? Presumably to park in the Aegean and try to look as menacing as possible, due to the Straits being closed to them.
Yeah they can't get into the Black sea or actually do anything to NATO countries without getting sunk so it's just showing off or some exercises or something.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dwesa posted:

Map of attacks on refineries and fuel trains so far

https://twitter.com/COUPSURE/status/1654035964610658306

United and strong BRICS will replace Anglo-Saxon hegemony any day now

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1654073278825127936

So much for that multipolar world, eh Poo Tin?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I mean the Iraqi state did deserve the war and the compelling reasons not to do it were a) the human cost and b) the difficulty of creating democracy from scratch.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Violently overthrow your masters :ussr: :ussr: :ussr: (but not the mustard gas dictator with a golden toilet, and not using a professional military)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Can you really call yourself a dictator if you don't have a golden toilet?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I know the Dutch are superhuman long freaks but

lol

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1654038936828755968
You're goddamn right.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Butterfly Valley posted:

I know the Dutch are superhuman long freaks but

lol

but maybe more importantly

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1654098900926513153

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

orange juche posted:

In Russia it’s Generation Killed.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wistful of Dollars posted:

In Russia it’s Generation Killed.

The Ukraine invasion is the sequel to Russia's Generation Killed lol

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

They look so proud of their son for graduating from 8th grade.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1654049872402698241
Why are they giving Ukraine weapons and prolonging this war, Russia was supposed to win :qqsay:

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

You don't see that often - a commitment not just to Ukrainian survival, but to actual victory.

Granted, its just a statement in an interview, and it would be more powerful if it was the US or a bigger player, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
So now "Russia claims the U.S. is behind the alleged Ukrainian drone attack on the Kremlin" - not that the US did it but that it masterminded the attack because

Dimitry Peskov posted:

“Kyiv only does what it is told to do.”

quote:

A Russian investigation into the incident is ongoing, he said, adding that Moscow’s response would involve “thoughtful, balanced and appropriate steps in the interests of our country,” without specifying what they might be.

quote:

Asked how Putin reacted when told of the alleged attack, Peskov said that the Russian leader “always remains calm, collected, clear in the assessments and commands that he gives out in extreme situations.”

"... And he definitely didn't poo poo himself when he heard about it. No questions."