Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Quackles posted:

Which deck is this? Shuri?

I'm only at cl1600 so it's just a "good cards" shell from snapzone that i happened to have most of the parts for. Just swapped enchantress for kill monger to deal with opposing nebulas.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Nebula
# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Aero
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbkdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoZUh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFnZW50MTMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlF1aW5qZXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5lYnVsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

flatluigi posted:

edit: not too far off, though nebula being there is wild

I'm using a 'Nebula' deck (although I should say the actual killer pieces of it are She-Hulk and Moon Girl, combined with extra turn 6 dump stuff like Hit Monkey, Titania, Mojo, ...) and it's doing very good work. 70-ish to 80 (=85) today, while I was making hardly any progress with Control Sera.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I'm doing pretty well at the moment (I've only been playing for... 2 weeks?) with an Angela/Bishop deck.

- Angela
- Bishop
- Agent 13
- Ant-Man
- Punisher
- Mr. Fantastic
- Hulk
- Shang-Chi
- Vision
- Sentinel
- Hulk-Buster
- Nightcrawler

If I don't draw Angela, I have Bishop. If I draw both, I run 2 lanes. Angela gets the Hulkbuster, then Nightcrawler, who moves, then after that, it's gravy. Shang-Chi KOs any big problems, and Hulk swings any close lanes my way. If I have Angela in my starting hand, I typically skip turn 1 unless I have Agent 13 (or there's a location effect that gives extra energy), because hey, free card.

Is there anything I can improve? I'm really hesitant to dump Reed, because I feel like he teases the opponent I'd go for the other lane.

Edit: I would work in a Beast when I get one, though.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The fast forwarding has been around as long as I've been playing but I'm curious how the board ended up after that play

This was the end state! It... didn't work out for them.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Does anyone have a list for the Sera control that was posted on the last page? I've only really played Sera Surfer and I'm sure that's totally different. I don't usually play control because I'm a discard and junk deck loving fool.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

uXs posted:

I'm using a 'Nebula' deck (although I should say the actual killer pieces of it are She-Hulk and Moon Girl, combined with extra turn 6 dump stuff like Hit Monkey, Titania, Mojo, ...) and it's doing very good work. 70-ish to 80 (=85) today, while I was making hardly any progress with Control Sera.

this is the deck they're considering representative of the archetype:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That looks like Sera Control without Sera.

I wonder if you could stick Debrii in there?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What would work instead of Jeff?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

bowmore posted:

Nightcrawler/Mr. Fantastic(my pick)/Ironheart

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

I’ve heard Lizard is the replacement, but I think the above suggestions are good too

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Mierenneuker posted:

The last couple of times I saw the fast-forward message was playing a movement deck. I wonder if having Kraven on board and Miles Morales in your hand pinging on the same turn triggers it.

yeah, a mate of mine has said he reliably has it happen if he moves stuff with morales in hand

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I’ve heard Lizard is the replacement, but I think the above suggestions are good too

i'll be a mad lad and run Morph

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Just want to say, Shuri into Stature as a combined T6 play is really loving spicy right now. 16 is a big loving number, especially as a surprise. If you can get zabu out, you can drop another 2 or 1 (jeff, lizard, star lord, whatever) to get bonus power in another lane. It's a really nasty quick bump.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

RevKrule posted:

Just want to say, Shuri into Stature as a combined T6 play is really loving spicy right now. 16 is a big loving number, especially as a surprise. If you can get zabu out, you can drop another 2 or 1 (jeff, lizard, star lord, whatever) to get bonus power in another lane. It's a really nasty quick bump.

Stature has been the sleeper deck but a lot of streamers are starting to talk about it so expect to see a lot of it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I’ve seen that black bolt stature deck so much lately I (unwisely) went ahead and bought her. Should still have enough for high evolutionary in a few weeks I hope

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

bowmore posted:

My vote goes to Titania. Great with Spider-Man and Professor X.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

the_american_dream posted:

Yea I’ve seen that black bolt stature deck so much lately I (unwisely) went ahead and bought her. Should still have enough for high evolutionary in a few weeks I hope

Stature's a solid pickup, easily worth the 3k.

Opened 28 caches tonight and got one variant, all the other cosmetic boxes were titles or avatars. No cards. *

*Right before I posted this I opened a couple boxes from upgrades from the boxes and pulled a Stegron so...

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I hope this archetype stays popular a bit so i can feast with c3 killmonger. Not the easiest wins either, between km/cosmo/cerebro/mystique you got a lot of 3 drops that need to go down so curve management is crucial. Cool to get use out of hawkeye again too. Wishing i had zero for another 3 power 1 drop but falcon/sentinel are ok enough for now. Valk is the one i think I'm dropping, Bast and Falcon do enough to get Cerebro and Mystique 3 power and if i have the energy to play valk but no better options I've usually lost. It's too rare to be in a position where you have the mana to play valk and it's the best option. The hypothetical turn 5 in which i have cerebro and mystique down already but not Bastd AND i have enough power in the other lanes just never realistically happens.

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
Went on an incredible run tonight and made it from ~31-40 with a Wong deck:

This thing can put out some serious power:

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

the_american_dream posted:

Hmm, should maybe pick up Shuri as my season pool 3 freebie since I have BB and also got Stature from a box a couple weeks back and haven’t really found a use for her since the discard archetype sucks

Still haven’t decided whether to spend tokens on Thanos (or Galactus) or wait for High Evolutionary

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Psikotik posted:

You have to be absolutely terrible at game design when the best players get matched against the worst bots and normal players struggle to gain any ground against the cheating ones.

Yea the bot mmr thing is a problem they have to solve too, because nobody cares now, but when they have a leaderboard and any post infinate rewards people suddenly will care.

Even if bot mmr is only a thing less than 1% of the population has, 99% of people will come out of the woodworks to complain about it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
For whatever reason I'm doing really well with an updated SeraSurfer deck this season:

Nova
Goose
Rogue
Brood
Mister Fantastic
Silver Surfer
Storm
Juggernaut
Killmonger
Polaris
Maximus
Sera

It kinda has an answer for everything. Lane control with Storm/Goose/Killmonger, solutions for Ongoing with Rogue, solutions for Nebula and Ultron and junk decks.. Just feels really good to play. I still pull out the Monkey deck every now and again though. I just like to change it up sometimes.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

So I was initially very confused how Jubilee could pull America but now I figure Thor shuffled her off the bottom of the deck. Does she still have her "if she's on top of your deck just skip her and draw the next card until T6" functionality? Because if not shuffles ruin her.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Did the servers poo poo the bed? I'm stuck in a Reconnecting loop in the middle of a game. Even when I close the app my only option is to reconnect to a dead match.

Edit: It fixed itself.

Don't want to double-post so I'll post here. Just had a very strange interaction that I want to talk out. I think I know why it happened but want someone else to confirm. Layout was Mirror World, Weirdworld, and.. something I can't remember. At any rate, nobody likes Weirdworld so both of us Stormed it at the same time on turn 3, changing it to Flooding. Then, turn 4 hit and Mirror World copied the Flooding location. I played Juggernaut on the Mirror World Flooding location assuming it would be closed the next turn as the text indicates and bonked his cards to the Weirdworld Flooding location. Turn 5, Mirror World is still Flooding. Weirdworld is Flooded and off limits. This cost me the game as I assumed it would have been locked and didn't play on the Mirror World location, but my opponent caught it and overpowered me there too. Why didn't Mirror World close when it said it would? The ONLY thing I can figure is that Flooding doesn't actually close the next turn as the text says since it technically hits the board on turn 3, then turn 4 it stays Flooding, then turns to Flooded on 5. If that's the case, a Flooding Mirror World takes the Flooding on 4, stays Flooding on 5, and then Flooded on 6 as happened to me, so it either needs to be accelerated on Mirror World or have the text changed.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 4, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've found that if the game is finished you sometimes have to go back in and click the claim rewards button before you can queue again

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

I thought jubilee could always pull Chavez?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Jubilee now pulls top card of deck, Chavez now starts game at bottom of deck. As I understand it Chavez still will be drawn around if she's shuffled to top so when that happens she's still going to make your howard the duck suck.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Quetzadilla posted:

I thought jubilee could always pull Chavez?

Chavez's text says she's on the bottom of your deck.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

New Leaf posted:

Did the servers poo poo the bed? I'm stuck in a Reconnecting loop in the middle of a game. Even when I close the app my only option is to reconnect to a dead match.

Edit: It fixed itself.

Don't want to double-post so I'll post here. Just had a very strange interaction that I want to talk out. I think I know why it happened but want someone else to confirm. Layout was Mirror World, Weirdworld, and.. something I can't remember. At any rate, nobody likes Weirdworld so both of us Stormed it at the same time on turn 3, changing it to Flooding. Then, turn 4 hit and Mirror World copied the Flooding location. I played Juggernaut on the Mirror World Flooding location assuming it would be closed the next turn as the text indicates and bonked his cards to the Weirdworld Flooding location. Turn 5, Mirror World is still Flooding. Weirdworld is Flooded and off limits. This cost me the game as I assumed it would have been locked and didn't play on the Mirror World location, but my opponent caught it and overpowered me there too. Why didn't Mirror World close when it said it would? The ONLY thing I can figure is that Flooding doesn't actually close the next turn as the text says since it technically hits the board on turn 3, then turn 4 it stays Flooding, then turns to Flooded on 5. If that's the case, a Flooding Mirror World takes the Flooding on 4, stays Flooding on 5, and then Flooded on 6 as happened to me, so it either needs to be accelerated on Mirror World or have the text changed.

I've played a lot of storm so this happened a few times and I generally have the advantage because I know how it's gonna work and the opponent apparently doesn't. But yeah the flooded screen exists in the turn it's created and the turn after (so you get your one play in) mirror works copies it at the beginning of turn 4 so you have that turn where it is created and then the turn 5 is the 'play' turn for that spot

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I've played a lot of storm so this happened a few times and I generally have the advantage because I know how it's gonna work and the opponent apparently doesn't. But yeah the flooded screen exists in the turn it's created and the turn after (so you get your one play in) mirror works copies it at the beginning of turn 4 so you have that turn where it is created and then the turn 5 is the 'play' turn for that spot

Thanks for confirming. I'm going to submit it as a Bug on the Discord anyway in a vain attempt to get it changed because that's kind of bullshit. I get WHY it happens, but the text should indicate that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Flooding's text is a lie. On the turn storm hits it the text is flat out wrong. It should say "next turn" when she storms it and "this turn" on the actual final turn. So yeah I absolutely agree.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's confusing for sure but it's also only a problem in that one interaction with mirror world. Could add another zone that says storming->flooding->flooded for clarity

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

No Wave posted:

Jubilee now pulls top card of deck, Chavez now starts game at bottom of deck. As I understand it Chavez still will be drawn around if she's shuffled to top so when that happens she's still going to make your howard the duck suck.

Red posted:

Chavez's text says she's on the bottom of your deck.

Oh right I forgot about all the changes around top decking. I don't really play anything that it matters for so it slid right off my brain.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Turn 4 storm when one of the locations is avengers hq is really satisfying, that is all

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjhsY2Zuo-c

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So if a location has the effect where On Reveal happens twice, and you have two cards there, and play a Hulkbuster, why doesn't Hulkbuster equip both cards?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Doesnt hulkbuster disappear after the first OR?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

flatluigi posted:

this is the deck they're considering representative of the archetype:

Yeah, I've been very unoriginal and used exactly this deck to get from ~70 to 100.

Gameplan is very simple: try to play Nebula and/or Sunspot early, protect them with Armor. Then play some other junk, keeping your hand size low so you can hopefully play Moon Girl on 4 and duplicate She-Hulk and some other low-cost cards. Then pass, and dump a bajillion points on turn 6.

The majority of my wins were against bots that thought they were well ahead after turn 4 (or 5), and a lot of them were for 8 cubes.

I think this season's climb was (after I got this deck, I was getting nowhere with Control Sera or my Negative deck) even easier than with Shuri.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So if that deck is meta, and leech/sandman arent intended to be meta, what is supposed to happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

No Wave posted:

So if that deck is meta, and leech/sandman arent intended to be meta, what is supposed to happen?

turn 5 wave