Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I think I'mma have to go spend like $120 on another emergency starter battery pack and cross my fingers cuz I have tried multiple times to jump that car in the past couple days and have never been able to even set up because of through-traffic being extremely impatient/aggressive :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

a second lollercopter has hit the south tower

too soon

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

I think I'mma have to go spend like $120 on another emergency starter battery pack and cross my fingers cuz I have tried multiple times to jump that car in the past couple days and have never been able to even set up because of through-traffic being extremely impatient/aggressive :mad:

If you're looking for cheap solutions the best might be to go to harbor freight and buy a battery charger, take the battery out, charge it in the house.

Edit or take the battery out and use your jumper cables with the battery on the ground but that's a little riskier to the battery and won't tell you if it's dead by testing it too

satanic splash-back fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 3, 2023

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

set the car on fire where it lays and buy a replacement with insurance money

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

satanic splash-back posted:

If you're looking for cheap solutions the best might be to go to harbor freight and buy a battery charger, take the battery out, charge it in the house.

Edit or take the battery out and use your jumper cables with the battery on the ground but that's a little riskier to the battery and won't tell you if it's dead by testing it too

yeah I might just end up taking the battery out and take it to autozone and have them charge it, I just need this drat thing to get to the shop so they can replace the suspension, get new tires then offload it on her brother so it's one less monthly bill for a car sitting unloved on the side of a busy, sketchy street

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

set the car on fire where it lays and buy a replacement with insurance money

the point is to go from 3 cars to 2, plus a beat up 2005 Scion tC isn't worth poo poo lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Get a trickle charger for your garage it's very handy

Especially if you live in a cold place

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Driving anything old nowadays is a literal gamble with your life, thanks everyone else!

I didn't think so much about it until a brother ended up with permanent neck damage a few months ago from being unfortunate enough to be the last person in line to stop (the suv behind did not)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just get a new car every couple years so you always have a fresh battery

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Smugworth posted:

Get a trickle charger for your garage it's very handy

Especially if you live in a cold place

I live in a 6 unit rowhouse in the ghetto, our landlord just repaved the parking lot after 3 years of owning a building whose parking lot was 5 giant potholes bottoming out everything that wasn't a truck

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

I live in a 6 unit rowhouse in the ghetto

Even better, no battery means the car is basically theft proof

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

satanic splash-back posted:

Even better, no battery means the car is basically theft proof

funnily enough, nobody really messes with cars on this street because everyone is strapped

lol working overnight in a lot full of cameras in the rich part of town was where my truck got broken into in october

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

I live in a 6 unit rowhouse in the ghetto, our landlord just repaved the parking lot after 3 years of owning a building whose parking lot was 5 giant potholes bottoming out everything that wasn't a truck

I'm sorry you're having to live the current American dream

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Get a trickle charger and an extension cord and charge that sum bitch where she be parked.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

numberoneposter posted:

Get a trickle charger and an extension cord and charge that sum bitch where she be parked.

that car is parked halfway down the block because this neighborhood is some houses, some rowhouses and some apartments and most of the apartments and rowhouses have somewhere between 4-7 people living in them lol

that's why the street is 1 car width of play and I can't just jump the loving thing

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Jus take the battery out and stop creating a pointless story

It takes a screwdriver or a single socket in most cars

Anyway I fuckin love nachos and inflation has hit tortilla chips like a truck

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The stator on my motorcycle broke last year and I kept riding it until it finally was drawing more power than it was putting out and I had my bike lose spark while doing 100 kph on the highway, there were some warnings right before it was about to stall so I was able to pull over safely. I phoned my girlfriend to bring the trickle charger and a screwdriver the we went to the nearest town and I found an outlet to plug the battery in. We ate lunch while it charged and went back to the bike then I rode straight home.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

numberoneposter posted:

The stator on my motorcycle broke last year and I kept riding it until it finally was drawing more power than it was putting out and I had my bike lose spark while doing 100 kph on the highway, there were some warnings right before it was about to stall so I was able to pull over safely. I phoned my girlfriend to bring the trickle charger and a screwdriver the we went to the nearest town and I found an outlet to plug the battery in. We ate lunch while it charged and went back to the bike then I rode straight home.

I had my heater control valve go out during morning rush-hour traffic going home up a big 55mph hill in 2020 and man, that was scary as poo poo. Just all of a sudden no power, no revs, engine trying to choke itself out, and a whole bunch of cars ignoring hazard lights with no good spot to pull over. I had to tow it, but it finished off my "replace all this basic poo poo connected to the engine that's 21 years old," project that I was doing. Bit more expensive than the rest of that project, though lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

it finished off my "replace all this basic poo poo connected to the engine that's 21 years old," project that I was doing

Kinda wondering how you would handle a 200 year old battlemech rn tbh

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

There's actually a reasonable chance if the battery doesn't hold charge one of the plates has collapsed inside and it won't hold charge again since it's not a complete circuit.

you could check it with a multimeter if you have one, I forget how to do it safely because it is a complete battery still it could fry your meter if you're not careful.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Drone_Fragger posted:

There's actually a reasonable chance if the battery doesn't hold charge one of the plates has collapsed inside and it won't hold charge again since it's not a complete circuit.

you could check it with a multimeter if you have one, I forget how to do it safely because it is a complete battery still it could fry your meter if you're not careful.

I'm sure the battery still holds charge, it just hasn't been driven in a month and I just wanted this to be less work than it's gonna end up being

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Cars are such a pain in the rear end

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

I'm sure the battery still holds charge, it just hasn't been driven in a month and I just wanted this to be less work than it's gonna end up being

Ah, sorry, in that case yeah you're best off getting a trickle charger and charging the battery out of the car overnight or getting a lion jump starter as you say. Sorry I think I mis-interpreted the problem here.

edit:

Charles Bukowski posted:

Cars are such a pain in the rear end

also this, modern cars are such a piece of poo poo to deal with it's unreal just because of how much metal they try to save by making the engine bay as cramped and shittily laid out as possible. my dads van we could literally fix all the engine problems ourselves, modern cars it's like "oh, you wanted to tighten the aux belt slightly? Sorry that's under 145 bits of plastic that need a special tool to remove, and I hope you have a socket wrench that's 1mm thick!, Please give us £783 and we'll do it for you though sometime in the next 3 weeks"

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 4, 2023

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I drive my car when I have to but you better believe I got a license plate bracket that says "my other ride is OPs mom" :grin:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

gonna buy some realistic flesh colored extra large truck nuts for my wifes toyota matrix

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

I drive my car when I have to but you better believe I got a license plate bracket that says "my other ride is OPs mom" :grin:

You're a dad now
What will your child think when it finds your posts

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Smugworth posted:

You're a dad now
What will your child think when it finds your posts

"my real dad was nooner..... ?"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
help me convince big beef city to co-host my Americana stream

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

AARD VARKMAN posted:

AARD VARKMAN and a BBC Explore the Midwest

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Do it BBC

:munch:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

MrQwerty posted:

AARD VARKMAN and a BBC Explore the Midwest

*pixelated shadow looms over a map of america as the opening credits role*

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Chinatown posted:

"I JUST poo poo MY PANTS!!!" - Nooners Baby

this post didn't get enough love

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

AARD VARKMAN posted:

The stream is abandoned immediately as Bonesaw plops down on the Rodecaster II console and refuses to be moved.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Thread is loving dead. Where's the OP? Church?

Finally made it to Shlong Kong. Smoking a Shlong Bong with King Kong. I'm in a Sheraton near the airport which is in the "burbs" and there's nothing to walk to or cool fetus dumpling stands or single room brothels and the 7-11 literally closes at 11 like a loser so I'm watching south east asia TLC with the family and there's a show called I LOVE A MAMA'S BOY and they've dubbed it into Can'tanese for some reason.

If xvideos works, in the lounge later, I'm gonna look up "BIG BUTTS" cuz I ain't seen a big butt in a minute!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

kntfkr posted:

Finally made it to Shlong Kong. Smoking a Shlong Bong with King Kong.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kntfkr posted:

Finally made it to Shlong Kong. Smoking a Shlong Bong with King Kong. I'm in a Sheraton near the airport which is in the "burbs" and there's nothing to walk to or cool fetus dumpling stands or single room brothels and the 7-11 literally closes at 11 like a loser so I'm watching south east asia TLC with the family and there's a show called I LOVE A MAMA'S BOY and they've dubbed it into Can'tanese for some reason.

If xvideos works, in the lounge later, I'm gonna look up "BIG BUTTS" cuz I ain't seen a big butt in a minute!!!

lol at thois whole post

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kntfkr posted:

:chanpop:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

also

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

kntfkr posted:

lol

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

kntfkr posted:

You okay dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
soju creeps up on you quick yo