Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

No Wave posted:

Doesnt hulkbuster disappear after the first OR?

The card is technically still present, just attached to another card at that location - shouldn't the effect go off twice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If I drop red skull then taskmaster then Zola the taskmaster, will tm keep his power (tm, the last card played is dead), copy red skull again, or copy Zola?

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 4, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
E quote is not edit...

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It definitely wouldn't copy Zola. So either nothing happens or it copies Red Skull again, which is functionally identical to just keeping its power outside of a few edge cases.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cattail Prophet posted:

It definitely wouldn't copy Zola. So either nothing happens or it copies Red Skull again, which is functionally identical to just keeping its power outside of a few edge cases.

Why wouldn’t it copy Zola? That’s the last played card when Tasky goes off again?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dipple posted:

turn 5 wave
Wave doesnt stop she hulk... you'll still be dropping 27 power through a T5 wave.

Red posted:

The card is technically still present, just attached to another card at that location - shouldn't the effect go off twice?
I don't think it's present, I think it's gone. I havent played much with the card btw.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

No Wave posted:

I don't think it's present, I think it's gone. I havent played much with the card btw.

This is the answer. Stop thinking in analog, think digital. There is a new card that is the "merged" version of both Hulkbuster and whatever it merged with.

Related question: Hulkbuster, Cerebro, Helicarrier, and Quinjet are the only collectible* card that are not a character. (They're a suit and a vehicle, respectively) What other not-characters are ripe for inclusion?

Obvious first choice answer is the Spider-Mobile, but I think the Fantasticar, X-Jet, and the Ultimate Nullifier are ripe for inclusion.

* Non-collectible includes things like the Infinity Stones and Mjolnir. Am I missing any from the collectible list?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Thats the thing though they're not really merged cause the hulkbuster on reveal trigger disappears. As I understand it hulkbuster just gifts its stats and disappears without causing a death trigger.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

CitizenKeen posted:

This is the answer. Stop thinking in analog, think digital. There is a new card that is the "merged" version of both Hulkbuster and whatever it merged with.

It's why I never bother to upgrade Hulkbuster or get its variants. It's only ever on screen for like 2 seconds!

CitizenKeen posted:

What other not-characters are ripe for inclusion?

Thanoscopter, obviously

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CitizenKeen posted:

Related question: Hulkbuster, Cerebro, Helicarrier, and Quinjet are the only collectible* card that are not a character. (They're a suit and a vehicle, respectively) What other not-characters are ripe for inclusion?

Obvious first choice answer is the Spider-Mobile, but I think the Fantasticar, X-Jet, and the Ultimate Nullifier are ripe for inclusion.

* Non-collectible includes things like the Infinity Stones and Mjolnir. Am I missing any from the collectible list?

Ebony Blade, the Necrosword, lots of weaponry would fit right in, imo, and would be good additions. Other technology like a Krakoan gate or super soldier serum or the legacy virus I could see coming in in different ways too. I suspect those will behave more like spells (like Mjolnir) though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Thanos-copter obviously

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No Wave posted:

Thats the thing though they're not really merged cause the hulkbuster on reveal trigger disappears. As I understand it hulkbuster just gifts its stats and disappears without causing a death trigger.

If you click the card that got Hulkbustered doesn’t it show the Hulkbuster card as nested into the bigger one?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Why wouldn’t it copy Zola? That’s the last played card when Tasky goes off again?

I think the card isn't considered "played" until it has finished going through its on reveal effect. It's the same reason why absorbing man pulled by jubilee doesn't copy her effect.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Learned the hard way that hulkbuster only merges its power and not its cost as i kill mongered my nebula.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Thanos-copter obviously

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The second apology mystery variant showed up for me. Pixel Domino :shrug:

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Youremother posted:

Pixel iron fist :(. I feel like they didn't get actual pixel artists to make pixel variants and that's why they mostly look bad at full-size and kinda unintelligible at small size in the play field.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Youremother posted:

pixel goose!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Pixel Valkyrie, yay. Are they honestly just sending out pixel cards?

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!
Got Baby Magneto. Was just today thinking about how I'd like a cool variant for him. Guess I'm still on the hunt.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Ewww, pixel hulk.

Also, re: Hulkbuster, the Wakanda variant was the first variant I ever bought with gold and then I immediately regretted it as I realized it would basically never be on screen.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Pixel Blue Marvel. Yuck

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I will take a shot* for every time somebody here doesn't get a pixel variant today

*Of my coffee I have poo poo to do man

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Youremother posted:

I will take a shot* for every time somebody here doesn't get a pixel variant today

I got a jackpot of a dan hipp attuma. now I just need a deck that runs attuma!

updates:

quote:

<@&1002374425687109762>
**May 4th - Balance Updates**

As we're working on this update, the MARVEL SNAP metagame has a good amount of variety and players experimenting with new strategies, so we won't be rocking the boat too much. Last week featured four changes we’re still waiting to fully evaluate, so this week will just include a few small buffs to cards that could use a little love.

**Orka**
**[Old]** 6/9 - Ongoing: +5 Power if this is your only card here.
**[New]** 6/11 - Ongoing: +5 Power if this is your only card here.
> This isn’t very complicated–Orka released low, consistently one of our least-played cards and weak on winrate. He’s especially vulnerable to “splash” damage in a metagame where being able to counter Galactus has a higher priority for players, so the solve should clearly involve raising his floor, a design term for the card’s weakest outcome. Just buffing his base Power also keeps his Ongoing symmetrical with Namor’s, further focusing on their fishy feud. We don’t expect to see Orka suddenly start tearing up the competitive ranks, but it’s free for us to make him stronger.

**The Collector**
**[Old]** 2/1 - When a card enters your hand from anywhere (except your deck), +1 Power.
**[New]** 2/2 - When a card enters your hand from anywhere (except your deck), +1 Power.
> Those of us who were playing in the beta no doubt remember the glory days of The Collector, and the nerf that was merited then brought him in line as an on-curve play in some Discard and Devil Dinosaur decks. However, he’s been largely squeezed out of those archetypes since, without finding a new home. Hopefully he’ll be a bit more competitive with other 2-Cost cards at this rate, and start earning those slots back or showing up in new decks, like Bounce.

**Luke Cage**
**[Old]** 2/1 - Ongoing: Your cards can't have their Power reduced.
**[New]** 2/2 - Ongoing: Your cards can't have their Power reduced.
> The two most popular decks with Luke are middling performers on the numbers, and the surge in Super Skrull plus the buff to Enchantress have both indirectly weakened him. We actually considered testing 3 Power briefly, but recalled how the Hazmat buff to 2 Power months ago killed a delightful Cerebro-1 deck. This change thus restores that combo as an interesting option for Cerebro-2, since Luke protects that deck from a handful of meddlesome locations as well. The added Power makes Luke more viable as a “tech” card in other decks, which might come in handy if afflict strategies reach a new high in the near future.

Thanks for tuning in! We’re still gathering data on these OTA updates and observing the impact on your play experience, so we appreciate all of the passion and feedback around these weekly changes. We don’t have a decision yet on whether or not the cadence of these OTA balance changes will continue at a weekly pace through more of the summer, so thanks in advance for your patience on that front and we look forward to communicating more soon. Happy snapping!

<#1044809156609179808> : <#1103751362883367133>

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

"Mr. Brode! Not enough players are buying the Beautiful Beyond Compare bundle! What do we do!?"

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I got a Chibi Polaris. I'm not a huge fan of the Chibi variants, but I'd rather have that than a pixel.

I'm excited for that buff to Luke Cage. I've been playing a Cerebro-2 deck lately and that's going to give a nice little bump to it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Youremother posted:

I got a non-pixel Vision variant.

I already have literally every other pixel variant that’s been mentioned so far though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got baby squirrel girl

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pixel Psylocke

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Youremother posted:

"Mr. Brode! Not enough players are buying the Beautiful Beyond Compare bundle! What do we do!?"

poo poo that card art is so ugly I would be hard pressed to buy it under any circumstances

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
My mystery variant came in. It was baby Jane Foster. Not bad, not great, I'll take it!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dr Intergalactic posted:

Got Baby Magneto. Was just today thinking about how I'd like a cool variant for him. Guess I'm still on the hunt.

hot take: I have yet to see a baby variant that wasn't at least OK

EDIT: VVVV Wolverine's pushing it. because of the body hair

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 4, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fate Accomplice posted:

hot take: I have yet to see a baby variant that wasn't at least OK

I find Elektra’s and Wolverine’s to be unnerving in a creepy way.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Spirit of Thor Destroyer for me. Not bad.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Pixel Cable, baby!

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Dr Intergalactic posted:

You're saying the variant of Magneto pouting at the breakfast table because he can't use any of the utensils for his cereal isn't cool? I love that one! I respect your opinion but it is definitely my favorite of his.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I was literally already running Hazmat and Luke Cage in my Cerebro 2 deck, this is great news!

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I got the Lucia goose variant, pretty good

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Android variants not out yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Youremother posted:

I got the Gambit drawn by Jamie McKelvie.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

poo poo that card art is so ugly I would be hard pressed to buy it under any circumstances

I quite like it. Not 110€ like it though.