Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Endorph posted:

The lightcone banner has pity, but its the same kind of pity as the character banner. 50/50 odds of getting the thing on rateup, if you miss its guaranteed, carries over across banners.

Seele's lightcone is good but she has plenty of good f2p options, and unlike the standard pool characters, the standard pool 5* lightcones can be gotten f2p in the shop, so losing the 50/50 feels worse.

You can if you want, but its a huge investment for a mild damage increase.

Minor correction, the lightcone banner rate is 75% rateup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It is cruel there's no dedicated silvermane badge farming node

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I just realized I have almost $10 in google survey bucks. I generally don't buy anything on the google play store so I'm downloading star rail on my phone so I can just use it for something there. Maybe the $5 monthly thing or the battle pass thing.

I assume this is crossplatform like that and I can do that- spending google survey bucks on my PC game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Revitalized posted:

I just realized I have almost $10 in google survey bucks. I generally don't buy anything on the google play store so I'm downloading star rail on my phone so I can just use it for something there. Maybe the $5 monthly thing or the battle pass thing.

I assume this is crossplatform like that and I can do that- spending google survey bucks on my PC game.
You have to install the game on your phone, but yeah, if you have it as the same account across both platforms you can spend googlebux on it and then go back to playing on your PC.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It is cruel there's no dedicated silvermane badge farming node

The world map enemies respawn each day and you can collect a lot of green tier mats just by running laps through areas. Spending a few minutes per day killing all the enemies in the various areas of ice world should set you up with those.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sadly they don't have the google play deal I always used for genshin, where you get a $3 off coupon for 150 points, making welkins $2 in real money.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Trying to understand banners and pity timers...

Pulling on the Seele banner, I got Bailu... probably pretty close to reaching the pity count if not there outright. I'm assuming, giving the nature of this being a predatory gacha game, that it's unlikely to reach the pity pull a 2nd time if f2p (or low cost investment like the $5 thing). But if I keep pulling on the banner, I'll either:

1. Get extremely lucky and get Seele before the the pity count.

2. Not get Seele, but be closer to the pity count and guaranteed character pull for banner #2

So, unless I didn't want Seele (or whomever the character is in the future), I should keep pulling on the off-chance I get lucky. There's no downside.

On the other hand, if I *had* got Seele, it might have made sense to hold on the pulls until the 2nd banner to have the opportunity of getting the next one. Since the only thing I could get now would be a random 5* which I might get pulling on the second banner anyway. Or wait, could you get multiple Seele's and eidolon up? Perhaps that would be the upside there.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

ultrachrist posted:

Trying to understand banners and pity timers...

Pulling on the Seele banner, I got Bailu... probably pretty close to reaching the pity count if not there outright. I'm assuming, giving the nature of this being a predatory gacha game, that it's unlikely to reach the pity pull a 2nd time if f2p (or low cost investment like the $5 thing). But if I keep pulling on the banner, I'll either:

1. Get extremely lucky and get Seele before the the pity count.

2. Not get Seele, but be closer to the pity count and guaranteed character pull for banner #2

So, unless I didn't want Seele (or whomever the character is in the future), I should keep pulling on the off-chance I get lucky. There's no downside.

On the other hand, if I *had* got Seele, it might have made sense to hold on the pulls until the 2nd banner to have the opportunity of getting the next one. Since the only thing I could get now would be a random 5* which I might get pulling on the second banner anyway. Or wait, could you get multiple Seele's and eidolon up? Perhaps that would be the upside there.

You misunderstand the nature of the pity system, which is understandable because it's two separate things.

First, eventually you get a 5-star reward. That's guaranteed. If it goes by the same system as Genshin which is almost certainly does, the "hard pity" is 90 rolls. However, the chance of pulling a 5-star begins to ramp up dramatically at 75 rolls. The moment you get a 5-star of any kind at any point, this pity counter resets. Once you rolled your Bailu the count became zero. There are separate pity timers for every separate banner on the Warp page (Character banner, Light Cone banner, Standard banner). The pity counter will roll over every time one of those banners changes, and is never lost.

Second, you have a 50% chance to get the banner 5-star character the first time you roll a 5-star. If you don't get them, you have a 100% chance to get the banner character the next time you roll a 5-star.

So: you rolled on the Seele banner, hit the pity counter, got a 5-star, which was Bailu. Having lost the coinflip, the next 5-star you roll on a character banner, even if it's not this banner but one in the future, is guaranteed to be the banner character. If you keep rolling on this banner your next 5-star will be Seele. If you wait three weeks, and roll on the next banner, it will be Jing Yuan. Once you've gotten this guaranteed 5-star character, you are back to a 50% coinflip.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If you're indifferent between Seele and the next banner it might be worth waiting to roll new (and the consensus seems to be better) four stars on the next one. But if you actually have a preference for Seele there's nothing wrong with rolling now and hoping to get lucky.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

jokes posted:

Just get everyone to 20, grab the first boost, then ignore all of them except for the one(s) you use!

I use a lot of them :smith: tho some more than others. there'll be a lot of prioritization for sure.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

It also mentions The Destruction destroying galaxies, but I honestly can't tell if that's a mistranslation since sometimes they also say "the Galaxy" as if there's only one relevant one.

I find that a lot of scifi stuff doesn't seem to quite comprehend how much bigger a galaxy is than a star or planet, because they'll reference such things like "galaxy" is just one "tier" above "star." IIRC there was something early on that makes "X can destroy stars/planets, but Y can even destroy galaxies."

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Having finally run through almost all of the free resources and still in the "cursed to not pull any 5*s before hitting maximum pity" zone, I'm nervously looking at the countdown timer on the Seele banner and beginning to ponder cracking open the emergency fund and burning my starlight for tickets, as much as I don't want to do that.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Done with the story for now, which means I can spend my time leisurely farming growth mats and so forth until the next bit comes out. Or just go back to Genshin, idk.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

i think getting the ones that seem interesting to at least 40 is easy, after that you have to be picky.

I didn't use Pela, but was like oh she will be useful on this 2nd planet, so up to 40 she goes.

is the cart puzzle a daily?

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Finally beat World 3. 4th try. All I need was "good blessings" and "leveling up my relics.". Feels good!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GateOfD posted:

is the cart puzzle a daily?

New steps open up over time (I think the next day?), but I think they should appear automatically in your log.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kanos posted:

Having finally run through almost all of the free resources and still in the "cursed to not pull any 5*s before hitting maximum pity" zone, I'm nervously looking at the countdown timer on the Seele banner and beginning to ponder cracking open the emergency fund and burning my starlight for tickets, as much as I don't want to do that.

1) There's still almost 2 weeks left

2) Getting all the curios and blessings in Sim world is a lot.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I find that a lot of scifi stuff doesn't seem to quite comprehend how much bigger a galaxy is than a star or planet, because they'll reference such things like "galaxy" is just one "tier" above "star." IIRC there was something early on that makes "X can destroy stars/planets, but Y can even destroy galaxies."

This is a common problem for writers because they mess up solar system and galaxy often

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont know enough about chinese to say for sure but i wouldnt be surprised if its a tl issue also

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4v0-1108D0

Stupid!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ytlaya posted:

its epic op

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Planning to run this (I’ve been really lucky) but does anyone have any suggestions for harmony light cones? I have a superimposition level 5 meshing cogs to throw on either bronya or tingyun that seems alright but choices otherwise seems not too great.

One of the rewards for spending currency in the third shop is a harmony light cone (Past and Future) that is probably only second to her 5* so I'd go with that.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

wish the mine cart was an overhead puzzle.
it sucks having to rock my character back and forth to trigger the push card button at a certain angle.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Having minecarts move the direction you're facing when activating them was the most annoying part of that entire mission chain, especially when other interactables are right next to a drat cart.

And the whole "can destroy a galaxy" thing is probably accurate, at least in this setting. With aeons being the embodyment of concepts and the whole "paths" route to power, SR clearly runs on some variety of a xianxia/xuanhuan ruleset - and powerlevels in those scale well beyond utterly absurd levels pretty quickly.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The thing that annoyed me about the mine cart puzzles was that if you had some Y points with the left side active you couldn't push a cart from topright to bottom, you had to switch the points

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

So the embers shop is really handy for picking up the mats for upgrading traces. From genshin experience, if you're picking up the $5 monthly login thing, you'll keep more than enough embers coming in for the monthly 5 & 5 rolls from that shop, so picking up mats that cost stamina otherwise is totally fine.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

My god this conversation (and blind girl story) with Dan Shu is bleak, well done Mihoyo

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Got to the end of Hoth Jarilo-VI in the story, that was all super neat! Also Fire MC is now mine and is cool and rad with his fancy amber lance. Hit another TB Level lock so I guess I can go back and do the loads of quests I left laying around and stuff in the meantime. Current team is FireMC/Bailu/Sushang/Yanqing. Definitely miss Asta's speed buffs but this works great too.

Also got like 3200 jade banked for when Jing Yuan comes around, with plenty more I earn. I'll have to figure out the Team B with him at the forefront. Maybe something like: Jing Yuan/Natasha/Pela/Asta?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Tae posted:

1) There's still almost 2 weeks left

2) Getting all the curios and blessings in Sim world is a lot.

I included #2 in my "got almost all of the free resources". :v:

I won't do it until the timer's about to expire, it's just making me nervous.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 4, 2023

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Three drops a week over 20+ characters is painful

keep in mind you'll get more per week when you get higher level, i think someone said the next tier (40+) drops 2 per kill? could be wrong idk i just hit 34

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

What’s the highest level possible at end of current content

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

A no rolls account (no support) would be an interesting challenge, only use free units.

Guess that would be MC, March, Dan, Natasha, Herta, QQ, and Asta? (Was she free)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Asta is guaranteed to be the one pull you have to do as part of the tutorial, so yeah.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Asta is free

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
FireMC/March/Dan/Nat is pretty solid as it is. Dan doesn't have the reset that Seele has but his raw DPS is pretty much the same according to that prydwen site. Should be able to still pull off SU6 at this point

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

shrach posted:

One of the rewards for spending currency in the third shop is a harmony light cone (Past and Future) that is probably only second to her 5* so I'd go with that.

Oh word I didn’t even see that in the rewards list. Definitely going to have to go with that once I get it. Thanks !

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

heavy liquid posted:

Is it worth trying to pull for Seele's weapon? Is there any kind of a pity after doing a certain number of pulls?

edit: just read basically the same question last page, so I'll try to hold off for future banners too.

Rate on 5* is so low it's either something you go all-in for or you pull for the boosted 4* and any 5 is a bonus.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

w/r/t the years discussion

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

GateOfD posted:

What’s the highest level possible at end of current content

Assuming you're not spending premium currency on stamina, about 40 since my friend whose done literally all the story content and blown most of her energy boosts is there. Spending for stamina is high 40s I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Meiteron posted:

You misunderstand the nature of the pity system, which is understandable because it's two separate things.

First, eventually you get a 5-star reward. That's guaranteed. If it goes by the same system as Genshin which is almost certainly does, the "hard pity" is 90 rolls. However, the chance of pulling a 5-star begins to ramp up dramatically at 75 rolls. The moment you get a 5-star of any kind at any point, this pity counter resets. Once you rolled your Bailu the count became zero. There are separate pity timers for every separate banner on the Warp page (Character banner, Light Cone banner, Standard banner). The pity counter will roll over every time one of those banners changes, and is never lost.

Second, you have a 50% chance to get the banner 5-star character the first time you roll a 5-star. If you don't get them, you have a 100% chance to get the banner character the next time you roll a 5-star.

So: you rolled on the Seele banner, hit the pity counter, got a 5-star, which was Bailu. Having lost the coinflip, the next 5-star you roll on a character banner, even if it's not this banner but one in the future, is guaranteed to be the banner character. If you keep rolling on this banner your next 5-star will be Seele. If you wait three weeks, and roll on the next banner, it will be Jing Yuan. Once you've gotten this guaranteed 5-star character, you are back to a 50% coinflip.

So let's say I've been rolling Seele's banner.

I just rolled Bronya out of it like 30-40 rolls in (neat!). Does this mean that 1.) my pity counter has been reset and 2.) the next time I hit 5* on the event banner, it's gonna be the event char? (seele in this case, or someone else if I wait)