Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

ja_raul posted:

First things first: what's your opinion of Phil Collins

He's overplayed and the folks who are into him out of weird American Psycho edginess are weird, but susaudio is v catchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
This is Disney's Tarzan soundtrack erasure

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

uninterrupted posted:

He's overplayed and the folks who are into him out of weird American Psycho edginess are weird, but susaudio is v catchy.

Get the gently caress out of here

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

uninterrupted posted:

You’re going to catch a lot of flak for this opinion but I encourage you to post through it. The world needs to hear this harsh truth.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

uninterrupted posted:

Honestly no one comes close to Phil Collins. He can sing ballads, rock songs, new wave songs (Like China), lullabies, emotional songs, happy songs, serious songs all perfectly. His vocal range is fantastic (no other artist could come close to singing 'Mama' the way he does) and is pitch perfect on every note. 99% of his songs are fantastic and perfectly composed. He has an aura about him which makes him command a song, take 'Duchess' for example which is a fantastic song. The long build up is worth it when we hear Collins bellow a tearjerker about the late Maria Callas, again no other artist could deliver this song the way Collins did, and to think he began his career as a drummer is absolutely mind boggling.

He ages like wine as well. Okay, Both Sides was a poor album for Collins' standards, but Dance Into The Light and Testify are objectively brilliant and both hideously underrated; the flow of both albums I'd say are better than Face Value and Hello I Must Be Going, but not But Seriously which has the best flow of any album I've heard in my opinion.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
phil collins lmao, how loving ancient are the people in this thread

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I love how Mclaren fans are constantly swooping in to pick up the worst opinions like a bald eagle diving to hunt a rat

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

nawilo_420 posted:

phil collins lmao, how loving ancient are the people in this thread

It is Formula 1 so 50+ years old is the median

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
does anyone here work for the mercedes F1 team

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
yes i'm the team principal and ceo and i own a 33% stake in the team, how can i help you

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

the milk machine posted:

yes i'm the team principal and ceo and i own a 33% stake in the team, how can i help you

i need one of these lego mercedes team gifts from 2017. it is extrmely important

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sunk Dunk posted:

does anyone here work for the mercedes F1 team

yeah I am lewis hamilton

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

uninterrupted posted:

What's the fastest way to spin up on F1? I impulse bought super expensive tickets to the Monaco Grand Prix which includes a "Reception with legendary driver" so I figure I should kind of know something about F1.

I think we are glossing over that the “legendary driver” is just going to be someone 90% of fans haven’t even heard of.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

smackfu posted:

I think we are glossing over that the “legendary driver” is just going to be someone 90% of fans haven’t even heard of.

legend dairy driver screwis brambleton

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

smackfu posted:

I've got a fiver on Canadian Formula One Legend Allen Berg who will regale them with tales of occasionally being on the same lap as Ayrton Senna in British Formula 3000.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

I've got a fiver on Canadian Formula One Legend Allen Berg who will regale them with tales of occasionally being on the same lap as Ayrton Senna in British Formula 3000.

His meltdown over my joke about what was it like being lapped by Alain Prost will never not evoke a chuckle out of me

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I always get Phil Collins and EastEnders character Phil Mitchel mixed up. prob cos I neither watch EastEnders or listen to Phil Collins and they're both bald Phil's

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I always get Phil Collins and EastEnders character Phil Mitchel mixed up. prob cos I neither watch EastEnders or listen to Phil Collins and they're both bald Phil's

Phil Mitchell is much more proficient at drinking neat vodka than performing rad as gently caress drum solos but otherwise they are both national treasures in their respective fields.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos
Apparently they shortened 2 of DRS zones. That's a big lol.

https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-shortens-two-f1-drs-zones-for-miami-gp/10464977/

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol didn't one of them basically stop at a 90° corner

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
dig up, stupid

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Maybe they should shorten the rest of the track to 0 so we can skip this snoozer

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

net work error posted:

Maybe they should shorten the rest of the track to 0 so we can skip this snoozer

forecast is calling for rain though

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

forecast is calling for rain though

excellent I can't wait to fast forward through 18 red flags because they keep attempting to do a wet track standing start.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Looking forward to Brundle's gridwalk.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tony quidtana posted:

excellent I can't wait to fast forward through 18 red flags because they keep attempting to do a wet track standing start.

same but without the sarcasm because that poo poo is never not funny as hell

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If there's load of wet starts and red flags then Sainz can be penalised again for an incident that occurred on a lap that technically never took place

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

If there's load of wet starts and red flags then Sainz can be penalised again for an incident that occurred on a lap that technically never took place

Carlos II of Sainz, baffling the world by catching quantum penalties from other universes, ghostly apparitions of Masi emerging from thin air to say "it's called Cast Iron, Zak" before disappearing and leaving a penalty for McLaren driver Carlos Sainz for causing a collision

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Arc Hammer posted:

Looking forward to Brundle's gridwalk.

this will be the only one i watch on ESPN/Sky because he's such a doofus asking every tall black man if he's patrick mahomes

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

If it rains, Logan might end up in the canal that's next to the track

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tony quidtana posted:

Somehow they'll make a Grand Prix in Miami less exciting than a five minute walk down ocean drive to a CVS.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Lmao they put the paddock inside the football stadium.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I mean if they get the typical “Florida Afternoon Downpour” there’s no way they’re going to even try racing until it passes lol. I can’t imagine that track will drain even slightly on its own. It’s completely flat and encircled by tecpro?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I mean if they get the typical “Florida Afternoon Downpour” there’s no way they’re going to even try racing until it passes lol. I can’t imagine that track will drain even slightly on its own. It’s completely flat and encircled by tecpro?

It's completely flat and encircled by stupidity

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

It's completely flat and encircled by stupidity

And yachts!

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

Thanks Ants posted:

The rainz for Sainz mainly causes painz.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Me: This will be fun it’s raining.
Race control: Red flag until the rain stops.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

Somehow they'll make a Grand Prix in Miami less exciting than a five minute walk down ocean drive to a CVS.

The Netflix fans are gonna love it because of all the "drama"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Will we be getting Danica Patrick again this year to give us the indycar pronunciation of names again or is that only cota?