Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Sydin posted:

disgusting rear end avocado

That sounds incredibly nasty. Have you tried regular tree avocado?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

this is correct, classic

Sydin posted:

the best burrito is meat [carne asada], [spanish/mexican] rice, [refried] beans, onion, cilantro, wrapped in a warmed flour tortilla. Pico and salsa to taste,

Burritos are like pizza in that you can do crazy poo poo in it and on it and it's still going to be better than not having a burrito or a pizza. If someone offers me a sweet bbq pulled pork burrito I might give them the Spock eyebrow, but I'd take it.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
rice in burrito is just filler

properly done fries is delicious cronch

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

duodenum posted:

this is correct, classic

Burritos are like pizza in that you can do crazy poo poo in it and on it and it's still going to be better than not having a burrito or a pizza. If someone offers me a sweet bbq pulled pork burrito I might give them the Spock eyebrow, but I'd take it.

Modern Times in Encinitas has a meatless kitchen and their fake meat burrito is one of the best burritos I've had in SD or the greater SD area, full-stop.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Nothing ruins food more thoroughly than putting it inside a cold spinach tortilla.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

My favorite part of the sandwich wraps are when the wrap itself tears because it's strangely rigid, not unlike a thin layer of cardstock

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Tacos are better than burritos

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Foxfire_ posted:

:mods:

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

A chimichanga doused in enchilada sauce is the best of all worlds.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Foxfire_ posted:

gently caress you

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

that seemed rude. tacos are beautiful and good, but burritos man

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Foxfire_ posted:

this take is muy caliente

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUkAQVVNN_Y&t=495s

If you're a meat eater, maybe... If not there is no decent taco equivalent to a veggie super burrito.

Breakfast tacos (flour tortilla ofc) are better than breakfast burritos. The tortilla:filling ratio works better.

The Wiggly Wizard fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 5, 2023

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

If you're a meat eater, maybe... If not there is no decent taco equivalent to a veggie super burrito.

Mushroom taco, potato taco, fried avocado taco

quote:

Breakfast tacos (flour tortilla ofc) are better than breakfast burritos. The tortilla:filling ratio works better.

This is the truth. Best breakfast taco i've had was in Austin next to a muffler shop.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

https://www.venganzafoods.com/

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

luminalflux posted:

This is the truth. Best breakfast taco i've had was in Austin next to a muffler shop.

For some reason, I feel that tacos are more acceptable to buy in more locations. I'd never buy a burrito from a street vendor, but I've eaten some fantastic tacos from places that were just a card table, a portable grill with a comal, and a couple coolers.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The greatest burrito is a breakfast burrito with eggs, potato, and chorizo.

edit: gently caress I just ordered one for lunch.

withak fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 5, 2023

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Weembles posted:

For some reason, I feel that tacos are more acceptable to buy in more locations. I'd never buy a burrito from a street vendor, but I've eaten some fantastic tacos from places that were just a card table, a portable grill with a comal, and a couple coolers.

This is because a burrito can hide sins. It can be a shell game food. The taco is naked in its splendor and you cannot be tricked into buying a hosed up taco you saw made right in front of you.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Avocado tastes like poo poo don't @ me.

Foxfire_ posted:

A good burrito tastes better than a good taco in a vacuum but for whatever reason I really do not like the smell of flour tortillas so I end up eating more corn tortilla tacos than burritos.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i contend that a great taco is a better experience pound for pound. but thats the rub: the burrito is many more pounds than any typical "street taco" order. when ordering tacos of the street taco variety 4 is a good number, but this is still way less food than a burrito. to get that much food would require 12 tacos, which would look gluttonous and also be more expensive than a burrito. much to consider.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Tacos fall apart and you end up with a bunch of wasted goods and inconsistent bites. Burritos are contained and when you're done with it all you have left is the wrapper.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Chimichurri
That's it, that's the post

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

jokes posted:

Tacos fall apart and you end up with a bunch of wasted goods and inconsistent bites. Burritos are contained and when you're done with it all you have left is the wrapper.

Can we agree that the tostada is a universally inferior format at least

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Steve French posted:

Can we agree that the tostada is a universally inferior format at least

sure

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
california

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

No

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Sydin posted:

Avocado tastes like poo poo don't @ me.

A good burrito tastes better than a good taco in a vacuum but for whatever reason I really do not like the smell of flour tortillas so I end up eating more corn tortilla tacos than burritos.

Just the worst possible takes on food. It's actually impressive.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
street tacos in my neighborhood used to be $1.25 on average. now they are like $3. lmfao. white ppl hosed this one up big time, myself included.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
getting out of my bentley at the filthy "pop up" diy taco shack: one Street Taco please, all the "fixins" as well. Pray tell, sir, where may I find that delectable Hot Sauce? Yes, the Red as well as the Green. Thank You.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I went to a place last week that had handmade tortillas and holy heaven they were amazing.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

The only Mexican food I eat is tamales that are sold out the back of a 1994 Honda.

Got fuckin burned buying some from a guy with a table, they were like 90% masa. But the car ones have all been legit.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

What about from the tamale lady who walks through bars selling them to drunk people an hour before closing?

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Foxfire_ posted:

What about from the tamale lady who walks through bars selling them to drunk people an hour before closing?

Died in 2018 sadly

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I went to a place last week that had handmade tortillas and holy heaven they were amazing.

They aren't hard to do either!!!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Foxfire_ posted:

Those are fine, she got them from the back of her Honda.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Foxfire_ posted:

This is correct.

jokes posted:

Tell me you eat hard shell tacos without telling me you eat hard shell tacos.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

street tacos in my neighborhood used to be $1.25 on average. now they are like $3. lmfao. white ppl hosed this one up big time, myself included.

Food trucks near here are consistently double that of a brick and mortar around here and the food is often worse!

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Pancho Villa's in SD for abuelas making fresh tortillas all day.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I will never understand how Mexican food quality goes from absolutely amazing in SD to utter poo poo anywhere north of SD. You'd think we'd all have access to the same ingredients, and it's not like you don't have access to folks with the correct cultural background, but for whatever reason the quality nosedives into the dirt.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

This is Central Valley erasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
there is no need to erase that which does not exist