Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo names their consoles whatever. Nintendo [Name] is just how it works. Random and fun. Nan's worldwide always a fan of playing games on The Nintendo.
Sony do numerical updates. Like eventually we'll be on a Playstation 10, great. There were 9 consoles before it. Bland, but it works.

Microsoft names consoles like a drunken loving uncle at a wedding

Here you go, I shuffled the names. Super easy to decipher for non fans
Xbox One
Xbox
Xbox One S
Xbox Series X
Xbox 360
Xbox One X
Xbox Series S

Jay Rust posted:

The problem is that the different xboxen DONT have different names

this isn't hard, they called the sixth xbox the series s|x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't wait for the Xbox Series One INXS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTULqzrhBWA

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I want to click on that Tears of the Kingdom Spoiler thread but I won't

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Be strong friend

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
FWIW it's mostly people posting pictures of Link in the sexier outfits doing the Catwoman selfie pose over various NPCs and objects.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Help Im Alive posted:

What game am I looking at

harvestella

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Walla posted:

Does FAK not like us anymore? I'm sorry his thread got lost. I miss him and his cat stories. Glad you both are well.

The 7th Guest posted:

there are a couple of people that quarreled with him in here in the past

also nice clone high reference KCB

External Organs posted:

Idk about any dramas but I'm glad fak didn't stroke out or die, cheers

naw no drama he was trying to do a funny and commit to his bit

in january he played some bad looking game called hoverkitty and said if he disappears 9 days later then hoverkitty got him. 9 days later he posted some gibberish and vanished. he feels bad he made anyone think he died. he thought itd be funny to "break out of the hoververse" for may to announce hes alive and the ps5 has no games before getting hoverkittied back up but he was late making the may thread by an hour. hes just had real bad timing tbqh

so now hes continuing his break and quoting him his "best joke ever: not posting" XD

Kinky Cookie Bunny fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 5, 2023

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i appreciate the committment

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

harvestella

yep and i just got the first of what are probably going to be a bunch of fuckin hilarious planet of the apes style twists. i cannot loving wait

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Two chapters into The Silver Case and this is Incomprehensible, Have A Nice Day

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a.lo posted:

I want to click on that Tears of the Kingdom Spoiler thread but I won't

I will say that I'm normally not a big emulator got these days, as I prefer to just buy games, but TotK got me to check out how good Switch emulation is.

It honestly kinda rocks. Whenever I get around to doing replays of older Switch games, I'll probably just play them on PC.
Upscaled 60fps Switch games? Yes please.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Finished re4 remake, my opinion hasn’t shifted much: game rules (because re4 (GC) ruled)

Ofc most of the tiny gameplay changes are an improvement, to the point that I can say yeah, it plays better than the OG. The changes that I’m not so into (knife durability, craftables, the “quests”) are minor enough to ultimately not matter

Probably a very generic opinion

The big thing is, for me: the toned-down tone isn’t really a disappointment, since it’s about what I expected, but it means that if I ever feel like replaying an RE4, I’d probably reach for the original, the ambience is just so much more fun.

So it’s a completely unnecessary remake but it’s ok that they did it

Looking forward to seeing how the gently caress they handle the re5 remak5

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I will say that I'm normally not a big emulator got these days, as I prefer to just buy games, but TotK got me to check out how good Switch emulation is.

It honestly kinda rocks. Whenever I get around to doing replays of older Switch games, I'll probably just play them on PC.
Upscaled 60fps Switch games? Yes please.

Being able to remap and use arbitrary controllers is also really sweet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still need to start RE4 (GC(PS2(PC(PC again(HD fan remaster)))))

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
RE4 was best on the original Amiga.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Being able to remap and use arbitrary controllers is also really sweet.

Years ago I played Metroid Prime in VR with the Oculus Rift DK2 /w remapped KBM setup.
Absolutely amazing experience.

I reckon with a little bit of research I could probably do the same thing with Metroid Prime Remaster + PSVR1 now that I have a beefier PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOy_J87Vmfc&t=1245s

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I watched RotJ last night in theaters because of this thread and it was pretty great. My least favorite of the original but I really don't regret it!

Any time someone talks about Star Wars lore outside the movies, or about the sequels I feel like I can safely tune them out and ignore them like I'm not missing anything important. Is this wrong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

External Organs posted:

RE4 was best on the original Amiga.

The Zeebo, fool

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I watched RotJ last night in theaters because of this thread and it was pretty great. My least favorite of the original but I really don't regret it!

Any time someone talks about Star Wars lore outside the movies, or about the sequels I feel like I can safely tune them out and ignore them like I'm not missing anything important. Is this wrong.

youre missing out on the bug orgies

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

At least we can all agree Star Wars is better than Star Trek. Noted dumb show for dorks

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

At least we can all agree Star Wars is better than Star Trek. Noted dumb show for dorks

I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, and could watch an ep if it's on or whatever, but never really sat down for any seasons.

Lower Decks & Strange New Worlds are incredible shows.

Highly highly recommend both.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I'm not a huge Star Trek fan

Strange New Worlds

oof

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

If Lower Decks could turn down the Rick & Morty knob by like 50% , it would probably be the most watchable Star Trek post Voyager.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the unicorn started writing me letters so i could help him with his problems.

i asked him how he is writing the letters and he called me a buffoon

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Star Wars sucks. Star Trek was good but now for every good LD or SNW episode we get they make like a whole season of garbage to punish us.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Congratulations to the newest entry in the Video Game Hall of Fame, Barbie Fashion Designer :toot:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

naw no drama he was trying to do a funny and commit to his bit

in january he played some bad looking game called hoverkitty and said if he disappears 9 days later then hoverkitty got him. 9 days later he posted some gibberish and vanished. he feels bad he made anyone think he died. he thought itd be funny to "break out of the hoververse" for may to announce hes alive and the ps5 has no games before getting hoverkittied back up but he was late making the may thread by an hour. hes just had real bad timing tbqh

so now hes continuing his break and quoting him his "best joke ever: not posting" XD
lol

we await his triumphant return all the same

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Worf is singly better than anything in star wars

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I used to be a huge Star Wars fan. Went all in on the books, loved the movies, all of it. These last 10 years there's been so much Star Wars that I'm literally fatigued by it. I just can't anymore.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Yeah same. Used to be a big star wars fan but it all sucks so much poo poo now. I just can't bring myself to care about any of it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Maybe they can make a Star Wars Batman next and get the two most boring creative franchises on Earth out of the way for another six months until there's another one.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I watched Andor and it was great and then I'd figured I'd give that obi wan show a shot and then it literally started with a montage of prequel memes and scenes of baby Leia that looked like a b plot from the Hercules tv show from the 90s.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

most importantly, star trek video games are simply, better than star wars video games

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

the unicorn started writing me letters so i could help him with his problems.

i asked him how he is writing the letters and he called me a buffoon

unicorn was very obviously a cut party member. i would have preferred they cut any of the others, instead.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

most importantly, star trek video games are simply, better than star wars video games

ok hold on there were a lot of great star wars video games, there's maybe two star trek games that don't suck

ST just doesn't lend itself well to being a video game, imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I can name, at least 6. yes three of them are starfleet command games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Playing Stellaris with one of the big Trek mods is good times. Puts Stellaris in a tiny box with Tyranny for 'Games where I can play as Weyoun'

Star Trek Online is all right for a Trek hit if you can wade through all the free-to-play MMO garbage but there's a *lot* of garbage. Also a lot of spaceships though.