Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor posted:

the drugs do work to slow digestion and curb appetite so you can…….create a calorie deficit which you can do on your own if you have the willpower

I've always lost weight by math. The simplest kind. Eat less, exercise more until everything sorts itself out.

Portion control is a bloody hard thing to do at first but long term it pays off. Especially as you age as you can't eat like you're young anymore.

fake edit - this is a lovely page snipe, apologies. Summary from last page: wall street bad, reasons detailed. Drug addiction for weight loss pills is a feature not a bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

DancingShade posted:

I've always lost weight by math. The simplest kind. Eat less, exercise more until everything sorts itself out.

Portion control is a bloody hard thing to do at first but long term it pays off. Especially as you age as you can't eat like you're young anymore.

fake edit - this is a lovely page snipe, apologies. Summary from last page: wall street bad, reasons detailed. Drug addiction for weight loss pills is a feature not a bug.

historically ive usually lost weight by depression, eat less exercise less embrace skeletonization

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I like how ozempic has put Jenny Craig out of business and forced WeightWatchers to basically become an ozempic pill mill

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

adderal is fantastic for weight loss. and it’s side effects are ignorable.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

wow, the economy is unstoppable!*

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1654463603137814529

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1654463981573255168

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I lost a bunch of weight when an oral surgeon hosed up my wisdom tooth removal and I bled uncontrollably for days.

Recommend.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Load bearing 'if'

https://twitter.com/Andre_Farrar/status/1654446279668146179

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Koirhor posted:

the drugs do work to slow digestion and curb appetite so you can…….create a calorie deficit which you can do on your own if you have the willpower

Yeah, those fatties really need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps

Not like we live in a broken society whose material conditions are fundamentally obesogenic and otherwise ruinous to the health of its people or something

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
maintain 100% of your revenue while cutting 90% of your staff - it's so crazy it just. might. work.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mola Yam posted:

maintain 100% of your revenue while cutting 90% of your staff - it's so crazy it just. might. work.

WKUK nailed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdtdfxV_fgc

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

also you want more kids?
Universal pre-k care. Nationally. It's that loving easy
The median cost of childbirth in the U.S. is around $3,000 WITH insurance. 15-20k without.

Most Americans don't have $500 in the bank for an emergency lmao.

Soo yeah, that'd probably need to be addressed as well.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Dystopia Barbarian posted:

The median cost of childbirth in the U.S. is around $3,000 WITH insurance. 15-20k without.

Most Americans don't have $500 in the bank for an emergency lmao.

Soo yeah, that'd probably need to be addressed as well.

Ah true

Also maternal mortality rates while we're at it

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Who wants fat lazy American workers anyway, better to get some hardworking Latinos.

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ah true

Also maternal mortality rates while we're at it
Hey, we beat China! But not Uruguay, Bulgaria, or loving Qatar. Lmao trash country.

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

Weka posted:

Who wants fat lazy American workers anyway, better to get some hardworking Latinos.
:hmmyes:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Weka posted:

As a non-American when younger I always thought Latinos were basically the same people apart from accent, most likely exaggerated for media effect.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

euphronius posted:

adderal is fantastic for weight loss. and it’s side effects are ignorable.

I’ve always been fond of glass (clean crystal meth)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

i am harry posted:

I’ve always been fond of glass (clean crystal meth)

So you're saying double glazing with crystal meth is a good idea for noise & colder weather?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/BenjaminJS/status/1654306468135579648?t=i42H7GPHGHRYMSocbbnRfA&s=19

https://twitter.com/CrashThompsonXO/status/1653784540999983105?t=My3zcOiiRBml3s-gKG03Lw&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 14:37 on May 5, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Offshore it all to Korea.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chad Sexington posted:

I lost a bunch of weight when an oral surgeon hosed up my wisdom tooth removal and I bled uncontrollably for days.

Recommend.

Cancer typically induces quite rapid weight loss, and the US has the ability to rapidly spray carcinogens all over our country at low cost.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Twerk from Home posted:

Cancer typically induces quite rapid weight loss, and the US has the ability to rapidly spray carcinogens all over our country at low cost.

A giant number bursts into the room shattering the wall, resembling a biblicly accurate angel only with stock feeds in place of eyes:

"Thou shalt charge people for Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane weight loss therapy. Make them sign a waiver."

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

dow soars

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

OK, let's try this: in your opinion, what comes after joe biden ignores a scotus order?

can you walk us through a hypothetical scenario? suppose biden (or really, any president) says "my administration will not abide by the decisions of an un-democratic corrupt court, and therefore i have directed the department of education to carry on with implementing my order"

how many civil servants would be OK with it, instead of resigning enmasse?

how many red states (and maybe even purple states) would openly revolt?

what types of headlines would dominate the media?

which party would benefit the most from a major constitutional crisis single-handedly caused by a Dem president?

these may be too much to think about for your simpleton brain but please at least try

:suicide:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

DancingShade posted:

So you're saying double glazing with crystal meth is a good idea for noise & colder weather?

it sure as poo poo helps with the install

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hello page 379.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the president has equal power to determine the constitutionality of government actions with respect to the SC or Congress. they are all equal branches of the gov

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
i hate number

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

euphronius posted:

the president has equal power to determine the constitutionality of government actions with respect to the SC or Congress. they are all equal branches of the gov

But made up decorum dictates they must all bow before the aged skeletons on the Supreme Court.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I thought nobody wants to work anymore :confused:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Orvin posted:

But made up decorum dictates they must all bow before the aged skeletons on the Supreme Court.

idk

if Biden mints a coin what is going to happen. Is Jaime dimon going to sue him ? who cares

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
He's gonna have to hike one more time, and it will kill half the banks in the country.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'd love to know where all these jobs supposedly are, because in my experience and many others, the current job market being "on fire" has a totally different meaning than the one intended by economists.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Testvan posted:

i hate number

Number is upset.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP_SdjD5ms

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

yeah like ultimately much of what we do is just made up bullshit, its not like electricity or gravity, if they let the us default because they couldnt go through the right motions in the right way then that's pathetic

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

shrike82 posted:

if you're mid-career, you should really try to get referrals from friends or ex-colleagues
blind resume drops mostly don't work unless your work experience has a pedigree. an employee referral often lets you skip the first few HR filters

You have to go even beyond electronic referrals now, you gotta know people making the hiring decisions or in the department they can vouch for you. My wife met with her friend who got laid off at meta and she’s telling her that she’s hearing from her network abo it jobs before they’re posted.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I thought nobody wants to work anymore :confused:

So are they doing the thing where you have big numbers that go away in revision so you can have big numbers again?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Red Baron posted:

lmao holy poo poo I was for sure this was another “WHY WON’T YOU WORTHLESS POORS JUST gently caress ALREADY” article but no, the “completely obvious” solution is just more and mass immigration.

just lmao if you immigrate to this dying carcass instead of any other western country.

:goonsay:

all shitposting aside articles like those are tailor-made for Internet nazi outrage RTs

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'd love to know where all these jobs supposedly are, because in my experience and many others, the current job market being "on fire" has a totally different meaning than the one intended by economists.

It is in retail and food service. I visited my dad in the small Florida town he lives in and basically every fast food restaurant has a "help wanted" sign up of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Glumwheels posted:

You have to go even beyond electronic referrals now, you gotta know people making the hiring decisions or in the department they can vouch for you. My wife met with her friend who got laid off at meta and she’s telling her that she’s hearing from her network abo it jobs before they’re posted.

it sucks, but this is the game. good news is if you really do try to help folk, for as infrequently as it pans out, folk end up wanting to help you too so you can find your own next opportunity. funny how not treating people like poo poo helps build relationships and connection and community! shame everything about our lovely society tries to force endless competition