Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Bruceski posted:

World 6 down with a Hunt build. Speed boosts to the action economy really help and the resonance attack is massive. Couldn't 1-shot the adds but with someone's Ult it would and then recharge.

Helped that my main party happens to be fire, dark and lightning so I was breaking the boss constantly without needing to focus on that.

Yep. I've got World 5 (Sampo / Sushang / wildcard DPS / Bailu) with Abundance with some Nihility thrown in and World 6 (Sampo / Seele / Hook / Bailu) with straight Hunt down to a science now. 5 just needs to get to where Resonance clears buffs, then management of when I use which heals; 6 needs all three Hunt resonance upgrades to nuke through the boss wave stages, so if it decides to screw you out of that, ah well.

Qingque doesn't work in that wildcard DPS spot because as I have her configured, she's too fragile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Leraika posted:

Oh, it's a daily? I've just been unlucky then, since I keep getting stuck on wubbawoo duty.

It seems like it will run through the whole chain if you get the first part randomly. But I'm not quite sure because I got theater stalking, then the space station lady who can't talk, then I got the wubbus, presumably because that's when I actually did that quest line. But then today I got more theater stalking. I suppose I'll know in 3 days if it's just a separate set of 3 questlines or not.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Leraika posted:

I'm sorry, the only thing I love more than wubbawoos is stupid logic puzzles

I've actually only gotten one wubbaboo daily so I don't know what they involve

Leraika posted:

for future ref: not a guy

Ah, sorry!

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Most of 5 is easy but I don't have the damage to kill Kafka before she one shots everybody just yet!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hook/pela is a really good combo honestly

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Xalidur posted:

Most of 5 is easy but I don't have the damage to kill Kafka before she one shots everybody just yet!

If she's one-shotting you, that's less than ideal and you might need to work on your relics a bit or something. Otherwise, she's fairly predictable. She goes in three cycles in each phase:

1) Hits somebody, then does a mind-whammy (Dominates one person in Phase 1, Psych Suggs two or three in later phases). Debuff clear takes care of that.

2) Two attacks without major special effects.

3) One hit, then Mockery (a pretty hefty AOE).

The Abundance path gives you more HP, DEF boosts on heals, stronger heals, Dewdrop for harder hits, and a large team heal that adds Debuff clearance once you add that upgrade. So save resonance for either right after Domination or in between Psych and the Revelation event (looks like a spider web in the turn counter) that triggers it. With Bailu, you have her ultimate as another team heal with something of a shield baked into it, so let Kafka do the first part of 3) above and trigger the Ultimate in between her two actions there, which will neuter Mockery a bit. I haven't tried it with Natasha yet because I have Bailu, so your mileage may vary there.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

delfin posted:

If she's one-shotting you, that's less than ideal and you might need to work on your relics a bit or something. Otherwise, she's fairly predictable. She goes in three cycles in each phase:

1) Hits somebody, then does a mind-whammy (Dominates one person in Phase 1, Psych Suggs two or three in later phases). Debuff clear takes care of that.

2) Two attacks without major special effects.

3) One hit, then Mockery (a pretty hefty AOE).

T myhe Abundance path gives you more HP, DEF boosts on heals, stronger heals, Dewdrop for harder hits, and a large team heal that adds Debuff clearance once you add that upgrade. So save resonance for either right after Domination or in between Psych and the Revelation event (looks likea spider web in the turn counter) that triggers it. With Bailu, you have her ultimate as another team heal with something of a shield baked into it, so let Kafka do the first part of 3) above and trigger the Ultimate in between her two actions there, which will neuter Mockery a bit. I haven't tried it with Natasha yet because I have Bailu, so your mileage may vary there.

I ran both Bronya and Natasha so the debuffs weren't a problem. Just need more killing power. Next time I try it I'll try more aggressive boons. I went Preservation but the incoming damage wasn't really an issue until 80+ stacks. Made it to the last phase fwiw.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Dissociation also helps. That way, every time you weakness-break her you're adding significant damage.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Didn't have much luck actually getting breaks. I could try giving Dan a chance instead of Seele...

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

whats a 5*

Ok there's two 5* LCs in there but they don't count!

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
There's a lot of talk of strategy, is there a guide for us auto-battlers? I get a little annoyed when I have to control the battle in boss fights! I'm in SU world 5, and think I could get it with the right cards. My first hunt run ended at the boss, but I had a severe lack of hunt cards so that may not be a factor.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm sure people do it but the auto battle AI seems way too dumb to me to handle any fight that actually has mechanics. You can auto everything else in SU though

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

so I doing World 5 feasible with lvl 50 characters?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you want to 100% autobattle sim universe the best option is probably a clara counter comp or something where you just buff and shield her. tho idk if the ai is smart enough to stack up on her

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

if you want to 100% autobattle sim universe the best option is probably a clara counter comp or something where you just buff and shield her. tho idk if the ai is smart enough to stack up on her

it does okay a lot of the time but sometimes it gets confused? like tingyun will start putting her damage buff on the healer for some reason??? i'm not sure how it determines who to buff

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

frajaq posted:

so I doing World 5 feasible with lvl 50 characters?

Absolutely, I beat world 6 with level 50s. Although I do have Seele.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
auto is only for fights where you can just bonks the enemies and power through, so more when you're overleveled. sim (tries to be) is a endurance test, so it's not a good idea

or to put it shortly if you don't like doing the battles then running the challenge mode probably isn't a good idea? just do the rest of the game, that's fine.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can also just wait until you outlevel the content

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh neat, got Gepard from the standard banner. I have an overexcess of Ice characters but I won't say no to more preservation characters.

Not a drat clue what to do team wise with him but we'll see I guess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gepard's good at letting you challenge content above your level with how tanky he is

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Are E2 for dan or serval worth snagging in the currency shop oversaving for one of the LCs? Dan's looks like it would be quite nice but I don't use him much, just trying to think of futureproofing. Serverl can pretty much burst whenever I want already so I think hers is safe to skip.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I auto through everything and if I can't auto through content I don't bother. gacha games are already a timesink, ain't no way with this being my 8th gacha I've put 50+ hours into? that I'm spending more than the bare minimum

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Oh man I lucked into the Bronya 5* LC and now having trouble imagining ever leaving her behind. Energy regen, skill point gain on ult, and 30% attack to the next party member to go? Jc.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Trying out a B Team of Gepard/Natasha/Tingyun/Qingque and it's working surprisingly well. When I eventually roll Jing Yuan I can sub him in for Qingque, I'll just have to get over my psychological need to have 4 elements present in a team.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

never used Sushang, but had to use her a bit during the trial sequence in the story.

wow, her attack animations are fun to look at. love how the sword is obviously too big/heavy for her.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’m a sucker for “big sword being swung with wild abandon” movesets, but she just refuses to drop for me.

Have they said who is going to be the rate up 4*s on Jong Yuan’s banner?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just like how Seele's banner had characters from the undeground on rate up i'm guessing his will have the Luofu 4 stars + 1 extra.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Based on a random google, leaks suggest (Maybe) Sushang/March/Tingyun but I dunno how much stock you'd wanna put into that. They usually will announce the banner line up a few days ahead if nothing else.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bussamove posted:

Have they said who is going to be the rate up 4*s on Jong Yuan’s banner?
Sushang/Tingyun/March, going by the beta. Given that the seele banner was the same as the beta no real reason to doubt it.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Endorph posted:

Sushang/Tingyun/March, going by the beta. Given that the seele banner was the same as the beta no real reason to doubt it.

this would be extremely good for me as I don't have Sushang and the other two I would like the eidolons for, while I try and get general daddy

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

My current team for rolling around in story is Seele/Bronya/Tingyun/Bailu, but I'm running Seele/Ting/Fireblazer/Natasha on team 1 and Sushang/Bronya/Bailu/Gepard team 2, and I've 2 starred every floor to hall 15 (3 starred up to 11), even with like a 15 level deficit.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I've noticed that FireMC has a counter of "*/8" on the bottom left of his picture and I thought it was related to his Ult or his regular attack but it...doesn't seem to be the case? Anyone know what that is?

Also, I'd like this ghost girl/woman with the boxes issue on ice planet to be resolved. It's a very curious case that I hope gets resolution.

Edit: I also wanted to ask...how the heck do you beat those trotters without characters like bronya or seele.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 6, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

I've noticed that FireMC has a counter of "*/8" on the bottom left of his picture and I thought it was related to his Ult or his regular attack but it...doesn't seem to be the case? Anyone know what that is?

quote:

Each time the Trailblazer is hit, they gain 1 stack of Magma Will for a max of 8 stack(s). When Magma Will has no fewer than 4 stacks, the Trailblazer's Basic ATK becomes enhanced, dealing DMG to a single enemy and enemies adjacent to it.

notably after using their ult, they also gain the enhanced attack.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

TV Zombie posted:

Also, I'd like this ghost girl/woman with the boxes issue on ice planet to be resolved. It's a very curious case that I hope gets resolution.

Edit: I also wanted to ask...how the heck do you beat those trotters without characters like bronya or seele.

Everytime Fire MC attacks or takes a hit his Magma Will counter goes up by 1, to a maximum of 8. When you have 4+ his basic attack becomes enhanced at the cost of 4 stacks of Magma Will to do more damage and cleave the enemies next to the main target. After using his Ult he gains the enhanced attack state for free and gets to use it without consuming any Magma Will stacks.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

what an annoying deer

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm reconsidering what I said before about saving your Fuel until a higher Equilibrium Level. Right now, it's possible to run out of one-time sources of Trailblaze XP almost entirely, and be completely dependent on the 2,500 a day you get from Daily Training and natural stamina regeneration to keep ranking up. So given that spending stamina from Fuel also helps you rank up faster, wouldn't you get equivalent results either way? You'll eventually make up for the "lost" rewards by spending exactly that much more natural stamina at a higher EL, right?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
And/or we're all impatient.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I spent fuel liberally to reach EQ3 this week (this morning in fact) and get double drops from Echo of War. Now it'll take several weeks to reach EQ4 even if I blew everything I have left, so I'm just stockpiling

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I too would like someone to answer that question since I'm 38 with almost all of my fuel left and only have 10mins of content to do a day :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm reconsidering what I said before about saving your Fuel until a higher Equilibrium Level. Right now, it's possible to run out of one-time sources of Trailblaze XP almost entirely, and be completely dependent on the 2,500 a day you get from Daily Training and natural stamina regeneration to keep ranking up. So given that spending stamina from Fuel also helps you rank up faster, wouldn't you get equivalent results either way? You'll eventually make up for the "lost" rewards by spending exactly that much more natural stamina at a higher EL, right?

Higher EQ level means that your labyrinth has a higher reward cap per week and afaik doesn't update in real time if you hit a new EQ level mid-week, so burning fuel to hit EQ3 before the weekly reset seems to be a net gain.