Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Oh man I severely underestimated just how expensive it is to level literally anything past 50. This is gonna be a grind. Added info to spreadsheet as well.

Regarding "break effect" the wording is unclear. Does this apply to "damage dealt (at time of breaking)" and "dot damage (while the enemy is broken)" and "how much the enemy is delayed (by a break)"?

Or are the dot and delay sections global, and apply outside of the enemy being broken?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absum
May 28, 2013

Blorknorg posted:

Someone mentioned this in the discord, but there's basically a hidden daily reset on the cook robot near the currency shop itself, just across the 'lane' from the shop. It gives 20 currency a day (and two snacks) apparently just for talking to it? I kind of wonder if there are similar ones for the other planets too, though I certainly don't need more shields.
Wait what? I tried talked to it on the first day and it said it was daily but every time I've tried since then it wouldn't let me interact with it so I assumed it was just a one time thing.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Oh man I severely underestimated just how expensive it is to level literally anything past 50. This is gonna be a grind. Added info to spreadsheet as well.

Regarding "break effect" the wording is unclear. Does this apply to "damage dealt (at time of breaking)" and "dot damage (while the enemy is broken)" and "how much the enemy is delayed (by a break)"?

Or are the dot and delay sections global, and apply outside of the enemy being broken?

it only enhances the effect of the Break; each element has a different Weakness Break effect so it tells you how it would modify the various types

here's the list I found :

Physical - Deals additional damage and causes bleed damage over time

Ice - Freezes the target, delaying enemy action and causing ice damage over time

Fire - Deals fire damage and causes additional fire damage over time

Wind - Deals wind damage and causes additional wind damage over time

Lightning - Deals lightning damage and causes lightning damage over time

Quantum - Applies Entanglement, delaying enemy actions, and dealing quantum damage over time

Imaginary - Applies Imprisonment, delaying enemy actions, and reducing enemy speed

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

sushibandit posted:

And don't forget that you're gathering leveling material, rare items for character ascensions, LC leveling material, rare items for LC ascensions, rare items for traces, which includes limited Echo of War drops, and material for leveling relics.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Araganzar posted:

Is there a good way to make credits other than running the credit ley line? My trace material and credit income is absolutely tiny compared what it costs to build out a level 60 character...

You can earn credits from running through the Simulated Universe. And it doesn't cost any stamina, at least.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Re:breaks. drat, that's what I was afraid of. So no real reason right now to focus on that stat on pretty much anyone, over something like atk which is always relevant.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Absum posted:

Wait what? I tried talked to it on the first day and it said it was daily but every time I've tried since then it wouldn't let me interact with it so I assumed it was just a one time thing.

Yeah someone else posted a page that lists it as happening twice ever, who knows how this mysterious space station works!!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Re:breaks. drat, that's what I was afraid of. So no real reason right now to focus on that stat on pretty much anyone, over something like atk which is always relevant.
Hard to say? The base damage is nothing to sneeze at, especially for characters like healers who don't have naturally good offence, and even elements that don't explicitly say so still delay the target's turn a little bit on break, which helps you cheat out more turns of your own. I wouldn't write it off completely just yet.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sushibandit posted:

well , yes and no, you're right that it doesn't make sense on a character that's just going for raw damage (stacking atk, crit%, crit damage, SPD, etc)

but it's excellent on
a) Support characters that will never amount to much damage, but can still break shields if the weakness lines up
b) DoT characters that don't benefit from crit anyways (as DoTs cannot crit)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

don't most enemies take up one of their actions to unfreeze?

Anyway, managed to beat simWorld3.

Had to cheat and reset the fight by alt-tabbing out 2 times.
Lucked out and got the blessing where damage is divided among everyone evenly. And the one where Ice damage also hits adjacent units a bit so that helped to rip down the shields quick since my carry is Yanqing

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Qwertycoatl posted:

I've got the curio lottery ticket three times now and every time it's given me 1 (one) curio before blowing up

It can really pop off.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm still catching up on the thread, only on page 20, but I wanted to do a sanity check first before I start upgrading things past level 40.

I was very lucky apparently and got great early pulls - Sushang and Bronya, and a 5* light cone that seems strong for the Trailblazer, "Moment of Victory." I did some reading on teambuilding and I am thinking I will run a "core" of Fire MC, Bronya, and Natasha, while swapping my DPS based on situation - keeping Sushang, Dan Heng, and Serval built and upgraded to serve this purpose. Is this a good plan? Will keeping six characters up end up stretching me too thin?

Also, I am moving very slowly through the story, having just finished the ice planet. I know to do the daily mission every day because it's a ton of account XP. Is there anything else important I should make SURE I complete daily/weekly to reduce future timegates?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You need 8 characters to run two teams for the memory place anyway. Although I suppose technically they don't all need good levels?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
It's harder to bring lower level supports in this game, because a boss enemy will just paste them, sometimes just with their AoE attacks. Even just having their light cone lagging behind on an otherwise leveled character loses a bunch of base HP and DEF which makes them far squishier. I'm not sure how far you can let a character lag behind your mains and not be a liability but a 10 level difference seems like too much.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Fire MC/Bronya/Natasha will prolly be a very good core to play a good chunk of the game with yeah.

As for leveling peeps up, getting someone to 40 isn't too bad on resources but after that is where cost can start ramping. You will wanna get a bit choosy for that reason but as was mentioned Fragment of Memories eventually requires 2 teams anyways.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

These puzzles are the worst. Or rather, they're the only puzzles so far I just don't like in the slightest

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have a pretty good roster of level 50s now: Welt, Bailu, MC, Pela, Asta, and March. Only person I still want to ascend is Sushang.

A character like Asta doesn't care that much about stats other than energy regen, right? It seems like most of her utility comes from her Ultimate (which gives flat speed and can pretty easily be maintained constantly) and her talent (that I think gives a % ATK party buff that isn't connected to her own stats, unless I'm reading it wrong and it scales off of her attack). For now I stuck a bunch of HP% relics on her just to give her more survivability, since she was my squishiest character.

FractalSandwich posted:

I'm reconsidering what I said before about saving your Fuel until a higher Equilibrium Level. Right now, it's possible to run out of one-time sources of Trailblaze XP almost entirely, and be completely dependent on the 2,500 a day you get from Daily Training and natural stamina regeneration to keep ranking up. So given that spending stamina from Fuel also helps you rank up faster, wouldn't you get equivalent results either way? You'll eventually make up for the "lost" rewards by spending exactly that much more natural stamina at a higher EL, right?

I'm not sure if that would really work out, since the amount of Trailblazer XP you get from spending fuel seems pretty low and wouldn't add up to much.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

You can feel the difference in even a five level difference. Light cones and relic tends to as much as double the character's stats...

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I have a pretty good roster of level 50s now: Welt, Bailu, MC, Pela, Asta, and March. Only person I still want to ascend is Sushang.

A character like Asta doesn't care that much about stats other than energy regen, right? It seems like most of her utility comes from her Ultimate (which gives flat speed and can pretty easily be maintained constantly) and her talent (that I think gives a % ATK party buff that isn't connected to her own stats, unless I'm reading it wrong and it scales off of her attack). For now I stuck a bunch of HP% relics on her just to give her more survivability, since she was my squishiest character.

Asta buff only cares about how many hits on different enemies her Skill gets.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

These puzzles are the worst. Or rather, they're the only puzzles so far I just don't like in the slightest
bottom Rx3, top Rx1, bottom Rx1

At least the solutions for jade terminals are super obvious and visible in a way that makes sense, though they are a bit boring, even the bigger ones with 3x rotating terminals. It's the stupid compasses with opposing directions and multiple rows affecting each other that twist my brain into knots so I just spam directions until a pattern emerges that I can solve.

The cubes on the other hand are great. Best out of all the puzzle types on the worldship. Can't wait to unlock the increased difficulty versions.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sushibandit posted:

bottom Rx3, top Rx1, bottom Rx1

At least the solutions for jade terminals are super obvious and visible in a way that makes sense, though they are a bit boring, even the bigger ones with 3x rotating terminals. It's the stupid compasses with opposing directions and multiple rows affecting each other that twist my brain into knots so I just spam directions until a pattern emerges that I can solve.

The cubes on the other hand are great. Best out of all the puzzle types on the worldship. Can't wait to unlock the increased difficulty versions.

I was actually disappointed in the "advanced" cubes, they were considerably easier

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Eternal wisdom teeth pain :gonk:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Down to four undiscovered/selected Curios -- the cheese one, I think, which I just haven't bothered to pick and three Cuckoo clocks.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I would say Asta is a strong contender for Break% too. Her skill does multiple hits and unlike other Harmony characters she literally cannot spend her turn without attacking in some way.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Goddam the jump in resource cost when transitioning from 50 to 60 is no joke

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Good Citizen posted:

Goddam the jump in resource cost when transitioning from 50 to 60 is no joke

now imagine how bad it'll get for 60-70 :shepicide:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

got to the second phase music change. goty.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

weekly limit sucks.....

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I think Svarog should be a playable character

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
World 6 down

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Black Griffon posted:

I think Svarog should be a playable character

Maybe it will some day. I hope I have enough tickets if that ever comes around.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Svarog is already playable as Clara.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah I'm not sure Clara herself does anything??? Moral support for Svarog???

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Oh word? Well here's hoping for a Clara drop.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah clara doesnt do anything, she isnt even really commanding svarog he just does his thing

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Svarog is amazing and it's just such a shame he's stapled to Cliche Anime Child.

I still want Clara eventually anyways but man it would be so much cooler if he was his own character.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the cliche anime child is my friend

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I just wanna give the poor kid some shoes.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
at first I was down on Clara as a unit because i'm anti-baby, but I've turned around just because they're so fun to use. it is still funny every time Svarog materializes to laser people in the face

Black Griffon posted:

I just wanna give the poor kid some shoes.

this also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

the cliche anime child is my friend