Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

rolled some nice speed main stat shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Endorph posted:

i would be down for playable oleg. lets do it.

With how much buildup they gave Oleg, I was absolutely flabbergasted when you meet him and he just looks like a generic older guy NPC instead of being a fully designed fancy lad character.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I was impressed that they finally developed the tech to make a generic older guy NPC instead of making him a younger guy with an awkward mustache.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seele finally came home for me today. Is her best Light cone from Herta's shop or is there a decent placeholder for her?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm using Swordplay (the 4* one that gives you a stacking damage buff whenever you keep hitting the same enemy)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

sushibandit posted:

Oh man I severely underestimated just how expensive it is to level literally anything past 50. This is gonna be a grind. Added info to spreadsheet as well.

Regarding "break effect" the wording is unclear. Does this apply to "damage dealt (at time of breaking)" and "dot damage (while the enemy is broken)" and "how much the enemy is delayed (by a break)"?

Or are the dot and delay sections global, and apply outside of the enemy being broken?

Welp. I hosed up with one of my light cone upgrade picks!

Oh well, time to upgrade one of the other ones.

(also thanks for the post)

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Endorph posted:

yeah gepard is the russian word for cheetah iirc

Norwegian too!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I was impressed that Oleg had no talking animation despite other NPCs like Hook's papa having them

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh floor 14 of Forgotten Hall is very rude.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Bussamove posted:

Oh floor 14 of Forgotten Hall is very rude.
It's absurd. I can't imagine it's supposed to be practical to clear until EL4.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

youtube advertising for mobile games is insanely terrible. arknights had one where they call a lion girl a fox and talk about how much they want to gently caress her for like 2 minutes.

I think there's one where they treat the Doctor concept like some sort of on call surgeon. There's also some weird ones for Genshin that kind of reference things from in game, but twist them to where it's some strange Adult Swim humour like outcome such as Ganyu killing Timmie's pigeons and then leering menacingly at him.

Keep in mind that what's depicted in this video is kind how a lot of the Western world views anime stuff and it's fanbase including even people that casually dabble in anime otaku stuff. It's like this constant churn of ironic self-deprecating humour by people that don't really play the games or watch the shows or examine anything on a more than surface deep, any old person can get that impression at first glance level, (hahahaha girl have big boobs is waifu hahaha I luv I sad->pathetic etc.) that a lot of people on social media especially still seem to find incredibly funny somehow, but for me has kind of more than worn thin over the years even in terms of laughing at such gross stereotyping. It's not like I can't have a chuckle at a subculture I kind of dabble in to an extent....it's just....bad tedious jokes man.....:stonk:

TL;DR For all that anime/otaku content has grown in popularity outside of Asia over the last decade it's still seen as kind of one big ironic (bad) joke by many hence the existence of these ads.

Kale fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 7, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ganyu character assassination

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I’m just starting to get more than 4 of my core units to 50. What should I be mainly spending resin (is that what we’re calling it here) on?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Ascending and then levelling everything 50-60 is prohibitively expensive (and will only increase from there) so unless you're already prepped for it I'd focus on one team getting to that point. Only end FH and the purple FH (whatever it's called) need two teams now so seems like a bit of a waste to focus on a second group at this point.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

The fact that I can't beat the Boulder Town gym owner into a fine paste is a serious oversight. Hopefully part of the next update!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Black Griffon posted:

The fact that I can't beat the Boulder Town gym owner into a fine paste is a serious oversight. Hopefully part of the next update!

Who owns Boulder Town?

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Easily the most villainous character in the game

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Jeez he's not that hard, just use Bulbusaur...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Fu Xuan is soo cool.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

silvergoose posted:

Who owns Boulder Town?

*Hook riding on Sampo's shoulders* "HOOK RUNS BOULDER TOWN!"

(5 star character plz)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

acumen posted:

Ascending and then levelling everything 50-60 is prohibitively expensive (and will only increase from there) so unless you're already prepped for it I'd focus on one team getting to that point. Only end FH and the purple FH (whatever it's called) need two teams now so seems like a bit of a waste to focus on a second group at this point.
It helps you specialize your team toward the boss in Sim Universe too, for whatever that's worth.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Can I generally trust the recommended relic setups? Would be really nice to avoid having to use guides like in Genshin, though there's not much to be done about the random stats I guess.

Blorknorg posted:

*Hook riding on Sampo's shoulders* "HOOK RUNS BOULDER TOWN!"

(5 star character plz)

and then Sampo would be like "you know I've always been on the side of justice!" and started up a fighting ring that's ten times worse behind your back

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

Can I generally trust the recommended relic setups? Would be really nice to avoid having to use guides like in Genshin, though there's not much to be done about the random stats I guess.
As long as you level them up, you can just use whatever and it should be fine. I'd be surprised if anyone is writing good guides for the half-baked midgame ascension levels we have available anyway.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The short version is "the right mainstat is more important than the set bonuses, make sure to actually level your poo poo up". Mainstat on helmet and gloves is fixed so you don't need to worry about it there, so it's pretty easy to get one good 2-slot set bonus anyway. Substats don't really matter enough to optimize at this point. (Except maybe speed, which can make or break your team's action order at the start of a fight).

Yes it sucks whenever you get new relics and you have to look through to figure out which ones rolled a mainstat that makes them usable.

Jabor fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 7, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
One Curio to go (Divination Cuckoo Clock, which is a random chance on occurrences that offer you a Negative Curio like the fish restaurant), and two two-star Blessings that have prerequisites (one in Elation related to Aftertaste, one in Destruction related to Fighting Spirit).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

4-piece set bonuses seem much weaker in this game than genshin tbh, and also the early sets have extremely obvious people who want them and people who dont

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The best 4-piece I've seen, and I'm not looking at guides, sure sounds like the quantum one that ignores def. Qingque stays winning.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The ice one is tailored made for Yanqing. The fire one works fine with Hook once she gains the passive that refunds a bit of energy and accelerates her action. Both need batteries to make proper use of the set bonuses.

I still wouldn't farm sets right now just for the bonuses though. Right now hard levels are probably more important than gear.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

farming sets is when your done with everything else and just want to burn stamina, and add to that, gear exp. seems really scarce.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I wouldn't recommend spending stamina on relics at all until you get to an EL that guarantees you 5-stars. Unlike any of the other resources, the relics you get at lower EL are qualitatively different from what you can get later, instead of just getting fewer of them. All 4-star relics you get will eventually be completely obsolete, and you get plenty of them for free from chests.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Good gear can be a nice boost, but at this point, the difference between two two-sets with the right mainstats (ATK% or Damage Type% for your hitters, Outgoing Healing% for your healers, DEF% or HP% for those who need it) and a full four-set is small in most cases. It's worth poking around a bit in each of Worlds 3-6 to get a variety of the jewelry relics for fine-tuning, and to fish for purple or gold gear with good mainstats for your core group.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm a disaster human so my main team all have maxed out 4* relics, but my new question is this: when does the game start dropping fives?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Meowywitch posted:

I'm a disaster human so my main team all have maxed out 4* relics, but my new question is this: when does the game start dropping fives?

No fives from chests in the world or anything. You can get 5* orbs from SU6 (and higher difficulties of lower SUs once you've unlocked that), and from the domains once you get TL40

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I got 5* orbs from the SU5 boss as well.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah, they start to appear around EL3. I don't think they're guaranteed until much later, though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i wonder what determines the "your team is too underpowered" warning on the boss refights

i beat them anyway without that much trouble

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Zokari posted:

i wonder what determines the "your team is too underpowered" warning on the boss refights

i beat them anyway without that much trouble

character + light cone level

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

well, my characters and light cones were both maxed so i'm not sure what the game wanted from me!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Elements as well. I changed around some of my characters that were at an equivalent level and it was satisfied when I had good counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

probably relic levels and trace levels also.