Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
e: nevermind, dropping it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hey are you...uh ever going to elaborate on

Cause you come across as someone imagining the suffering of your forums enemies and you seem like a real weirdo for it.

Well it clearly was and always was and that's what people were complaining about at least partially. It's why that goldmined comic got gassed so to have that happen and then you say "Oh people are just so prudish, It was just a cartoon penis" makes you seem like you don't give a poo poo so yeah I had to talk to you like that because all I have to go on is you posting poo poo that's trying to dismiss people's complaints RIGHT AFTER that poo poo got removed for how much of a freak he was about trans people in it.

Oops, thought this was the chat thread

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
anyone in here tried shadows of doubt? it's in early access but i really enjoy sleuthing around in a procedural city

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if you want to look at things that make you horny and talk about things that make you horny there are many other websites out there that fill that niche if you post about it here i am going to quote it and type lol and then get probed for trolling

It was one thread with like 5 posters.

You get probed for trolling because you’re a troll.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Kchama posted:

Woah hey now, Synthy didn't tell Astral to kill himself, let's not spread untrue rumors.

He only fantasized about how terrible his death would be and the horrified grief of his family and how much he would enjoy it all. Yaknow, normal stuff.

No you see it’s ok because no one in their right mind would consider that to be a REAL post, synthy was just having a jape as is his wont

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I don't really think the issue was solely hinged on the fact people saw dragon tits or crystal cock. A recurring motif that took all of a couple of minutes to unearth was an ongoing portrayal/usage of trans characters in such a way that made a large number of this website's trans community go from maybe giving AW the benefit on the doubt to going full on nope.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It was multiple threads over years.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I don't really think the issue was solely hinged on the fact people saw dragon tits or crystal cock. A recurring motif that took all of a couple of minutes to unearth was an ongoing portrayal/usage of trans characters in such a way that made a large number of this website's trans community go from maybe giving AW the benefit on the doubt to going full on nope.

The big long post about dragon gender and sexuality was super gross and I 100% agree that that was way more problematic than the drawings. For the record I agree with the ban +30 for that post in particular.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The big long post about dragon gender and sexuality was super gross and I 100% agree that that was way more problematic than the drawings. For the record I agree with the ban +30 for that post in particular.

💯

Yeah I had stopped reading that thread before getting to that post and it was gross as all hell. And then reading back to the linked CYOA in the ban reason and it`s been clearly a thing for him.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

anyone in here tried shadows of doubt? it's in early access but i really enjoy sleuthing around in a procedural city

I would like to talk more about this in the chat thread because it sounds really neat

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Karma Comedian posted:

I would like to talk more about this in the chat thread because it sounds really neat

my latest assignment was to track down the killer of my next door neighbour (it was very obviously their roommate). i got everything right but the murder weapon, because i didn't clock that they bought the silenced found on them after the murder

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

it was multiple threads OP

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Terrible Opinions posted:

This is already in the current rules written over a decade and a half ago. It's called "keep all images work-safe" on page 2.

Yeah, and Applewhite had a similar thread a few years ago that was goldmined. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721418&userid=0&perpage=40&highlight=space,tits&pagenumber=1

If the rules haven't changed in a decade and a half, why was it a gold mined thread 5 years ago and a gas chamber thread today?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, and Applewhite had a similar thread a few years ago that was goldmined. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721418&userid=0&perpage=40&highlight=space,tits&pagenumber=1

If the rules haven't changed in a decade and a half, why was it a gold mined thread 5 years ago and a gas chamber thread today?

It's fairly normal for standards and sensibilities to change over years. The front page for example, has many examples of poo poo that would not fly today (there's a lot of racist poo poo in old comedy goldmines, there were articles written about and showing cartoon CP, and just a lot of poop-touchery) and even though it's "part of the website" it does not mean we haven't moved away from it. We have, and that's good.

I can understand wanting to have clear rules that outline everything that's permissible or not but if you stopped and listened to what some of the posters were uncomfortable with, it's not about a desire for punishment for the sake of control or whatever and it's not about NWS content. Applewhite is still free to come back after his ban time is over. Losing a goldmined thread is a minor blow to the ego at worst.

I hope everyone has a good day and plays video games and gets a full rest

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it was multiple threads OP

Last thread was like what 5 or more years ago? Trans awareness has advanced a ton in that time and yes, while that that thread wouldn’t fly today the overall feeling was different then. To be clear, I’m not saying it’s OK then or now, I AGREE WITH THE BAN +30.

The overall problem here is you SAD folks don’t want fair moderation; you want moderation on your side and to constantly relitigate everyone’s old posts except for YOUR “pet freaks”. I bet 90% of Synthy’s posts are “stupid bitch” and the f-slur in addition to the rape “joke” but you won’t accept criticism of that because he’s “funny”*

*citation needed

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
It's okay to grow and reflect on previous community behavior, as a community, and decide as a community that the old behavior isn't something which is acceptable and not should be glorified, and doing something about it like gassing a bad thread from the goldmine

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

can a mod translate The Bible into thread format and sticky it please

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Go ahead and gas the old thread, who cares? But if you’re gonna go searching for every single offensive post over the last 20 years you might as well just shut the whole place down.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Go ahead and gas the old thread, who cares? But if you’re gonna go searching for every single offensive post over the last 20 years you might as well just shut the whole place down.

gotta get rid of all the freaks and weirdos on the forums and make sure self-promotion is off the table *posts in ADTRW then buys an ad for a goon-run videogame wrestling promotion*

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The overall problem here is you SAD folks don’t want fair moderation; you want moderation on your side

this type of perspective on the discussion forum is really unhelpful imo. there's no crew, it's the intended forum for discussion. im sorry that you don't think those threads were that bad, but it doesn't mean everyone disagreeing w you is a bad faith group thinker

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
We are done with this line of conversation and there will be no more sixers. The situation has been resolved.

I do not care whether or not you hate posters or forums. The rules of this thread are clearly outlined in the OP. I would recommend everyone reads them before posting here again.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My feedback is every time some from SAD posts a suggestion, reply with :ok:

and then don't do anything

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm not participating in the conversation but :hmbol: if u think I'm gonna read the rules :twisted:

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

I read the rules. They were pretty good.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I love the rules
I read them regularly to center myself or find strength during times of personal strife

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hi everyone I'm here from the LC just wanted to say hello

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

in hours of great need I love to crack open the rules and read a random passage and see how it applies to me and my situation. I'm not really religious but I am spiritual.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
SAD wants to outlaw ModPets so we're all gonna have to adopt a late 90s Sting persona in response.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think Gbs moderation is doing great re protecting vulnerable minorities from being harassed or made uncomfortable once awareness has been made to said moderation. We have good folk here :)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

I think Gbs moderation is doing great re protecting vulnerable minorities from being harassed or made uncomfortable once awareness has been made to said moderation. We have good folk here :)

(Unironically, sorry if it's not "cool" to like the mods)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
hey guys what's going on in this thread?

e: went and looked at the op and i'm allowed to say oval office if i don't spam it all over
e2: i'm going to mention some other forums. pyf has some good threads and i should ask a pet island mod to edit the catnip thing i posted in the megathread 14 years ago {sub edit} i reported the post as edited and asked them to fix it on the first page {sub sub edit} yay all fixed!
e3: am i a gbs regular? how can i tell? is there some medication i should take?
e4: evolutions is only a theory. i don't think we're going to learn to fly by jumping off the roof :rolleyes:
e5: what i want to say: be kind to each other and be kind to animals. don't let fear or hate guide your actions. i like photoshop threads even though i don't photoshop
e6: voted 2

dee eight fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 9, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

I love the rules
I read them regularly to center myself or find strength during times of personal strife

My feedback is: I think the grooming standard has fallen by the wayside here.

I see a lot of posters with mu-stache hairs extending beyond the corners of their lips. Now, that just wouldn't fly in my day and I'd like to see the mods do something about it. Posters like Smugworth rely on the rules and the grooming standard for stability and guidance. That's something worth believing in and enforcing.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Seth Pecksniff posted:

While technically possible (as in the technology exists for it to happen) the admins will not do this, so no

Super hosed up and now I'm anti admin, thanks a lot Seth :mad:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Can we get automatic chatgpt summaries for threads and thread pages? It would make posting more streamlined and efficient and the forums can afford it. I think the technology is there:

FilthyImp, Charles Bukowski, Smugworth, Dee Eight, and The Spirit of Maynard discuss the importance of GBS moderation in protecting vulnerable minorities from being harassed or made uncomfortable. Charles Bukowski believes GBS moderation is doing a great job protecting vulnerable minorities from being harassed or made uncomfortable, while Dee Eight believes GBS moderation is doing a great job protecting vulnerable minorities from being harassed. The most important details are that Smugworth loves the rules and the grooming standard, and that he would like to see the mods do something about it. Seth Pecksniff posted that the admins will not do this, so he is now anti-admin. Smugworth rely on the rules and the grooming standard for stability and guidance, and that it is worth believing in and enforcing.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

GABA ghoul posted:

Can we get automatic chatgpt summaries for threads and thread pages? It would make posting more streamlined and efficient and the forums can afford it. I think the technology is there:

FilthyImp, Charles Bukowski, Smugworth, Dee Eight, and The Spirit of Maynard discuss the importance of GBS moderation in protecting vulnerable minorities from being harassed or made uncomfortable. Charles Bukowski believes GBS moderation is doing a great job protecting vulnerable minorities from being harassed or made uncomfortable, while Dee Eight believes GBS moderation is doing a great job protecting vulnerable minorities from being harassed. The most important details are that Smugworth loves the rules and the grooming standard, and that he would like to see the mods do something about it. Seth Pecksniff posted that the admins will not do this, so he is now anti-admin. Smugworth rely on the rules and the grooming standard for stability and guidance, and that it is worth believing in and enforcing.

:hmmyes:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

GABA ghoul posted:

The most important details are that Smugworth loves the rules and the grooming standard
Well I had no idea Smugworth was so into grooming, I never should have stood in the way of his modship.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
you got my name wrong. there are no capital letters in my username

it's dee as in dee's and eight as in ur mom eight dee's nuts

get it right next time

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean
Why was the Awful Tales thread itself locked? Probe/ban people who break the rules and let the thread move on.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

crusty posted:

Why was the Awful Tales thread itself locked? Probe/ban people who break the rules and let the thread move on.

Given the apple white situation and the fact a whole bunch of people who had never posted in there before were streaming in I locked it until I could get a handle on what that thread is and whether it should remain live

I'll make a decision tonight (assuming I have energy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If you're not up for it, I think I know someone "Worth" a darn that can help you out.