Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

In my experience when you lose in genshin it shows a pretty detailed set of meters on what is expected vs what you have even down to like skill levels and gear so it's prolly a little bit of everything yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I don't plan to bother with set farming, but unfortunately the game wanted to give me 4* relics that largely offer support stats instead of anything damage-related, so once my traces are up to snuff I don't see anywhere else I can really dump my TP for improvements.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I mean, I'm level 35 with four characters at 50 with their traces maxed out, and my fifth mostly done to swap in when needed. I do some relic runs for decent main stats, sure they'll get replaced later but right now it's definitely the biggest improvement I can make to my characters. I've even spent a few energy boosts to run relic things, but I picked up the battle pass so I'm sitting on like 20 of them anyway.

If you're not going to play this for months, it's definitely worth it to run relic stuff. If you are in for the long term, a tiny bit less relic xp now isn't going to change anything when we're waiting for more content and drowning in mats from events and stuff. Can't go wrong really.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I guess all the quests and everything ran out around TR37 and I just need to get to 40 through dailies and burning stamina? It has been so long since I played Genshin that I forgot this is the standard state of the game, fun stuff when there is new content and then 10 minute/day maintenance playing until then.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 7, 2023

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
kafka's normal punk rear end fight is pretty rough at that stage, huh

guess I gotta ascend everyone but I wish she didn't delete bronya on the first turn 1/3 of the time

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Always be ascending. There's no reason to just leave people underleveled, resources only start getting expensive on the 50 - > 60 and above range.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Past the very early game the bosses seem to be balanced around you being close to max level for your current Trailblaze level. As in, if you are at the minimum Trailblaze level to advance in the story the bosses will be at or slightly below your current maximum character level.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Even 50-60 wasn't that expensive. Like 40 purple books and like 80k credits

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Taking the story slow so I'm still in the frozen wastes and I'm pingponging between "this party is amazing and ripping through everything!" and "this party sucks I need to level them more" but also I refuse to stick with one party for more than a few battles because I like variety.

Also, if I'm hearing it right, Bailu's chinese VA is doing the "looklistenfeel KICK" thing (I don't understand Chinese so I can't translate) - but she's saying KICK in english and it's super cute :kimchi:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

So what's the play after getting Seele? Hold on to my specials and wait for the next banner?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

So what's the play after getting Seele? Hold on to my specials and wait for the next banner?

Yeah, just hold off until the next limited banner (or one after that if you don't like the next guy)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
nah the jump I'm stuck on is waiting for stamina to actually fetch the specific materials

gacha'd again

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Hit TB40 and had all my Trace materials ready and was pretty smug about it until I realized at this Ascension you can level Skills and Ultimates more than 1 time and now I feel like a chump

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh, got the hunt 5* cone on standard pity :(

Desperately wanted a character, but at least I held off on buying the one in the Herta shop in case this happened. Don't know what to do now...

Does anyone have any strong opinions of the destruction or preservation cones? I'm not at the party split but I guess I could use Aeon on Hook (who is pretty good apparently?) when I get there. But survivability is (apparently??) very important later, so maybe it's best to get Memories for trailblazer fire? Advice, please

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Who are the 5 star light cones in Herta’s shop best for?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

The fact that I can't beat the Boulder Town gym owner into a fine paste is a serious oversight. Hopefully part of the next update!

He's such a bad person lol. The game tries to make him sympathetic if you break open his lockbox, but if anything that context just makes it even worse.

edit: You can even tell him afterwards that the guy he sent to get a new suit died, and he doesn't give a poo poo and you have no other response to that.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Black Griffon posted:

Or mindlessly keep pulling in hopes of getting someone new, realizing you're real close to that next 50/50 and then winning it again, leading to mild annoyance.

It's fine.

I really wish I could figure out what type of damage each area wants; all I can really determine is that it feels like every fight has something weak to wind/imaginary, but that's plainly just because I don't have/didn't bring one. I'm running around space china with sushang, qingque, fire-me, and natashalol already e-6 and it's mostly fine, so they're my priority for ascensions just now (since I can't actually manage the FOEs at 40/40 now). But I do feel like the game badly wants me to be wandering around with march and dan, even if he's insisted on staying home and then changed his mind and is off having his own adventures.

Well, March has suddenly gone up in my priority list because I know she's got a debuff cleanse that I suddenly have a desperate need for. But is there anyone in particular I should prioritize ascensions/boss-item needing traces for besides those 4?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Natasha also has a debuff cleanse, if you're already using her get that one.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zenostein posted:

Or mindlessly keep pulling in hopes of getting someone new, realizing you're real close to that next 50/50 and then winning it again, leading to mild annoyance.

It's fine.

I've made this mistake before in Genshin. Now I only do it unless I specifically want the first constellation for the character in question and would be okay with either outcome.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Allegedly the destruction is either 1 or 2 BiS for every destruction character, the hunt is worse(?) than a limited 4 star (Swordplay) for every hunt character, and the protection is bad for everyone except fire MC.

But I don't have any dps units besides Hook, so...

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I plan pulls as far in advance as I can 'cause I know if I'm in a position where I have to throw money at it I definitely will throw money at it.

Jing Yuan in 1.0, Dan Heng 5* when he comes out, and then back to saving.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

oh gently caress yes!

That's 2/3 of the cat family :toot:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

drat, got Welt's lightcone 66 pulls into standard. At least I still have a soft-pity before the 300 mark, so there's still a chance to get a character. It's frustrating to get a 2nd weapon in a row which I don't have the signature character for though (pulled healer's lightcone previously).

Also it's surprising how big of a difference the level gap buffs/debuffs make. Just taking my main damagedealers from 50 to 60, not even their lightcones, made memoryies 9-12 a relative cakewalk.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Cruising in the Stellar Sea (The Hunt): It's good for basically any hunt character. Probably the 2nd best option in general after Seele's LC but has the benefit of being free and easy to Superimpose. Yanqing is a unique case because he gets so much free crit rate from his kit so he'd rather have his own LC or perhaps even Swordplay might be better for him, not sure on the math there.

On the Fall of an Aeon (Destruction): Once again it's generically good on basically any of the current Destruction characters. The ATK boost has a bit of a ramp up time but is an infinite duration buff and getting a hefty DMG boost on Weakness Break snowballs them further. Probably the best option in this Path, outside of Clara preferring her own LC due to how she works.

Texture of Memories (Preservation): Great for Gepard if you don't have his own LC, somewhat awkward on March or Fire MC. It requires you to get hit with no shields up in order to get the big beefy shield and both March and Fire MC are going to very easily be able to shield themselves without it. Gepard's shielding being locked to his ult means he can make better use of that free shield. Fire MC & March can make better use of other LCs such as Day One of My New Life, Landau's Choice, or This is Me.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 7, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

you can be such a goddamn dick to March 7th

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

you can be such a goddamn dick to March 7th
im sad that when she goes 'oh, why don't you go marry kafka' there wasnt a response to go 'i mean, if youre offering'

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

March does not deserve such treatment :(

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
put her rear end back in the icecube :twisted:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

they need to let us roll for kafka asap

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Texture of Memories is pretty good on fireblazer if you're going for tanking, since the effect res is handy and the reduced damage while shielded is going to be in effect basically all the time. The free shield is just gravy when you run out of your own shielding, which since fireblazer's is pretty weak should be often.

The downside of Fall of an Aeon is that since it's an attack buff mostly, it's on the weaker side of a damage up. If you've pulled A Secret Vow I'd just use that for now, since the flat dmg% up is going to do a lot more.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

UHD posted:

March does not deserve such treatment :(

I actually felt bad saying "that's okay nobody would give you any flowers" or whatever the option was when I examined the trash can next to the flower shop

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Even if you agree with and praise March all the time she still gets annoyed with you for not having your own opinion.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

she WAS being bullied by children, though, and it was right to tell her that

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

I actually felt bad saying "that's okay nobody would give you any flowers" or whatever the option was when I examined the trash can next to the flower shop

I would feel bad too that’s kind of messed up

Like I get that a lot of people like that the MC has so many wacky comedy dialogue options but if I had to travel with someone like that for more than a few days I would go insane

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sure is a feeling to hope to get one of the banner 4* early or whiffing on the 5* for a bronya or clara on the next banner.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

UHD posted:

I would feel bad too that’s kind of messed up

Like I get that a lot of people like that the MC has so many wacky comedy dialogue options but if I had to travel with someone like that for more than a few days I would go insane

March wants to be the goofy fun one, but with the MC around she has no choice but to play the straight man.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Sometimes the trail you blaze is over the feelings of a chirpy anime. It's fine, she probably likes it. It's not like anyone else on the ship's really going to humor her.

Draxion posted:

Natasha also has a debuff cleanse, if you're already using her get that one.

Yeah, I'll see if she needs an annoying boss fight for it (although I guess if I ascend enough people I can just outrace the 2nd phases). I was going to just drag March along because I already unlocked her cleanse and I vaguely recall ice being a weakness element for something in the fight.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

studio mujahideen posted:

they need to let us roll for silver wolf asap

ftfy

(I also want Kafka but hey)

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hoyoverse is analyzing the entire Internet to see if people want a "step on me" waifu more than a "cool hacker" waifu, that will determine if Kafka or Silver Wolf come up first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

studio mujahideen posted:

she WAS being bullied by children, though, and it was right to tell her that

Those children are cool, they should be able to bully whoever they want