Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to roll for both Silver Wolf and Kafka and my wallet is going to cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Tried out Gepard and his Meaty Pals on Difficulty II, and that was... ah... humbling.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

bullying March in dialogue options is always the right choice

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

She deserves it a lot less than Paimon, but seems to be the designated punching bag anyway.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
who else are you going to bully

dan heng and welt?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Gamerofthegame posted:

who else are you going to bully

dan heng and welt?

yes. dan is a loving nerd.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
imo you should be mean to everyone but Clara

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I can't be mean to Pitch-Dark Hook the Great, she's my boss!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Be mean to her in every interaction that isn't her companion quest. it builds character

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well got Welts light cone on a standard pull. Guess I should put him back in. I'll swap out Ting I guess for a FireMC, Nat, Seele Welt combo.

m.hache fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 8, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MotU posted:

imo you should be mean to everyone but Clara

I can't bring myself to be mean to Pom-Pom, that rabbit's got hella anxiety.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

if they didn't want me to bully everyone they shouldn't have made the mean choices so funny

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

someone awful. posted:

if they didn't want me to bully everyone they shouldn't have made the mean choices so funny

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Don't mess with the rabbitman, except to tell him he got a bit taller.

Or Else.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

oh my god Bailu's idle animation is her chasing her tail

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat I dont know what the gently caress was doing everything but I cleared world 3 without any issues. Gepard spent most of the first 2 phases frozen all the time and the only slightly hairy part was when he activated his shield but it still went down pretty quickly. Some of the blessing combinations I had were doing a lot of work to strip the shield, it was like a recursive loop of damage dots every time serval ultid. It was a joke when the trash died and Yanqing just obliterated him because he had cold vuln because of a blessing and I was going like 4 times in a row

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the english voices are all over the place so im gonna switch off, which of the JP/CN voices are better in peoples experience?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

game refuses to give me bailu and she's all i want anymore :argh: i can't complain too much though because it gave me gepard instead. which is fine.

solidly stuck at SU 4 right now, 3 was way too easy but the last phase of 4's boss is kicking my rear end so hard.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

studio mujahideen posted:

the english voices are all over the place so im gonna switch off, which of the JP/CN voices are better in peoples experience?

I'm using the CN voices and they're pretty solid (but also I'm generally okay with the EN voices except for Clara, so your mileage may vary).

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

someone awful. posted:

game refuses to give me bailu and she's all i want anymore :argh: i can't complain too much though because it gave me gepard instead. which is fine.

solidly stuck at SU 4 right now, 3 was way too easy but the last phase of 4's boss is kicking my rear end so hard.

If you go with The Hunt and can manage to get 6 Hunt buff for it that makes it refund energy on kill and auto-crit things below 50%, you can basically use it repeatedly during the World 4 fight. I am pretty sure it can one-shot the hands in the last phase since they have pretty low health.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I enjoy the push and pull of dialogue options where they do make a lot of mean ones funnily tempting but also have some "nice" ones not go over as well as you'd think. Or the minor difference in quest paths, like me checking out the Mutual Aid Society out of gamer curiosity leading Nat to worry I didn't trust her.

My recent complaint is they wouldn't let me copy the Abundance religious text 500 times manually.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

haypliss posted:

I enjoy the push and pull of dialogue options where they do make a lot of mean ones funnily tempting but also have some "nice" ones not go over as well as you'd think. Or the minor difference in quest paths, like me checking out the Mutual Aid Society out of gamer curiosity leading Nat to worry I didn't trust her.

My recent complaint is they wouldn't let me copy the Abundance religious text 500 times manually.

I also tried this and was very disappointed!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I liked this Xenohydro quest chain. It owns that you can let them be free at the end, and you can talk to them (disguised as some other researcher) near the upset fans at the end. It gave me a drink.

Edit: I also did World 3 and was very surprised that I beat it on my first try, since my blessings were kind of a mess. I only really won thanks to Bailu's healing (and the path ability was pretty good for destroying his shields).

Speaking of Bailu, I unfortunately did not get a character from the standard banner pity and instead got her Light Cone. Which, while okay, is a bit of a shame since the one she was already using was pretty good (since it was a 5 superimposed version of that Natasha card that increases Ultimate healing + regen). The new one is still better overall (I think Bailu gets more benefit from the HP boost due to her talent). I guess I can give the other to Natasha.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 8, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Ytlaya posted:

I liked this Xenohydro quest chain. It owns that you can let them be free at the end, and you can talk to them (disguised as some other researcher) near the upset fans at the end. It gave me a drink.

Huh, I didn't get that chance. It tried to murder me and I had to beat it up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I also like the amount of optional content you can encounter just through trying things out. I tapped on the case for one of the curios in the space station a bunch and it randomly fixed the curio, so Asta texted me and gave me two of those good moral items (which are amusingly spent to do bad things like fish items out of a wishing well or open up an abandoned suitcase you found).

Leraika posted:

Huh, I didn't get that chance. It tried to murder me and I had to beat it up.

Have you done the follow-up (with the woman named Lamina)? You still fight it, but you get a few options afterwards.

I think I got the follow-up from a text Asta sent.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 8, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The amount of choice and how quests just let you do poo poo you normally wouldn't be able to in rpgs is really nice. Even if it takes me by surprise and I'm regretting a couple decisions because I'm so used to them being autofails anyway.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Get wrecked you stupid robot

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Genshin needs to add something similar to Simulated Universe. SU is a pretty cool game mode that is fun to engage with (and you still have the Memory stuff which is much more similar to Genshin's Abyss). I feel like it'll offer some fun end-game challenges.

In general this game has a much more satisfying difficulty than Genshin, likely due to the structured nature of the turn-based fights. I think Genshin's issue is that the developers didn't even anticipate the levels of damage you can output using elemental reactions, so the difficulty curve of the game became hosed up such that almost all content becomes trivially easy if you understand the mechanics (because they still needed the content to be approachable if you don't understand how to optimally build characters/teams).

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Still bashing my head against SU3-2, can almost get through the second phase, when I should be waiting for the weekly reset so I can get the Hunt LC out of Herta’s shop and come back at it with upgraded traces/better stats.

gently caress you Gepard your sister is way cooler.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

serval is a top tier disaster lesbian and i love her

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Genshin needs to add something similar to Simulated Universe. SU is a pretty cool game mode that is fun to engage with (and you still have the Memory stuff which is much more similar to Genshin's Abyss). I feel like it'll offer some fun end-game challenges.

In general this game has a much more satisfying difficulty than Genshin, likely due to the structured nature of the turn-based fights. I think Genshin's issue is that the developers didn't even anticipate the levels of damage you can output using elemental reactions, so the difficulty curve of the game became hosed up such that almost all content becomes trivially easy if you understand the mechanics (because they still needed the content to be approachable if you don't understand how to optimally build characters/teams).

It's weird because Honkai Impact 3rd also has the mode, I guess they just want to keep it to the Honkai titled games???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the honkai and genshin teams are different

like im sure there's a lot of like, modeler/artist/etc overlap but the people making the high level design decisions are different

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They've done roguelikeish modes for events before that are fun, that everyone begs for them to make permanent

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I want a truly random SU mode at some point to really mix it up but I guess it'd make the endbosses way more annoying since you can't plan your team around it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

You don't like the Irish Foxian lady???

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I want a truly random SU mode at some point to really mix it up but I guess it'd make the endbosses way more annoying since you can't plan your team around it.

maybe if it revealed the boss at respite point right before it, so you could download a ringer if your team was missing something important for that fight.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

What’s the fastest way to grind out trailblazer levels? SU and unlocking the prize chests? Because that’s what I’ve been doing now that I’m done with the implemented main quest so far.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NieR Occomata posted:

What’s the fastest way to grind out trailblazer levels? SU and unlocking the prize chests? Because that’s what I’ve been doing now that I’m done with the implemented main quest so far.

side quests actually give a large amount of trailblazer exp. like 150-300. there's a good amount of them currently in the game, too

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

I haven't tried CN, but the JP is perfectly fine. But just like genshin, a lot of names in/related to space china are different, if that matters to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

NieR Occomata posted:

:retrogames: