Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

Supremezero posted:

Wait, what'd they do to boyega

More "have this lovely movie with lovely writing and have your acting talent wasted."

Not as bad as what Disney did to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Arc Hammer posted:

The Mk2 has piddly little ones. The Alex as big strong ones.

You know, I love the Alex but those vents are the one complaint I have about the design.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Razor Jacksuit posted:

You know, I love the Alex but those vents are the one complaint I have about the design.

Mods???

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I love and at the same time hate how blue the Alex is

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/_HeirToTheStars/status/1653815539280535564?t=FWcqB-ug5xmObGVTizEs8Q&s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/ar031995/status/1654014351135895555?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Just watched episode 6 of Stardust.

I'd heard how dumb Kou was in this episode, but wow. Seeing it is something else.

Also, the plotting for Kou and Nina's relationship has really started jumping all over ever since episode 4. It was developing pretty naturally for four episodes, and then... this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Gen_Ironicus/status/1654651447701635073?s=20

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I only remember when Waspinator did that, myself.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Rocco tortured a guy??

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

DamnGlitch posted:

Rocco tortured a guy??

Torture day is a very dangerous day. (But no. Different VA.)

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 6, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Scott McNeill, come on, son.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1654612928132448256?s=20

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I think I saw a translation for that one a while back. It's a fun little story, and helps flesh out parts of the setting that don't get much focus.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
On one hand, 0083 gets pretty bad.

On the other hand, this is peak "WOW COOL ROBOT." Right here. This short, not even a minute long thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxtIPTxqbaw

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

0083's visual design is stellar and might have my personal favorite "look" for a Gundam series

I can look past a lot of the shortcomings the story has but yeah it gets bad, and it felt even dumber when I finally rewatched it again last year

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

0083 has the best Zakus, 0080 has the best GMs.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Which show has the best Dom's, the best mobile suit?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mae posted:

The Hecate from G-Reco is a pretty fun reimagining of the Dom. It has a gatling gun with a chainsaw bayonet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mae posted:

Probably Unicorn because it has all the kickass Dom designs in one place.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

I don't like how the Sleeves redesign of the Dreissen makes it look more like a generic grunt-suit than the regal and intimidating ZZ original, though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Darth Walrus posted:

I don't like how the Sleeves redesign of the Dreissen makes it look more like a generic grunt-suit than the regal and intimidating ZZ original, though.

The Tropen and the Dwadge going ham with the remnant colors was more to my liking.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Arc Hammer posted:

yeah but their politics are a joke. ZZs Dom's are ALF coded they rule

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I've always liked the chunky feet of the Dom Tropen.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Turn A. Wodom supremacy

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm used to spelling it Wadom and it's spelled as such on the reference sheet. I wonder when someone decided to switch it over.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I have done it. I have watched all of Gundam, Gundam Zeta, Gundam ZZ and Char's Counterattack

After Zeta, I thought I had seen the worst character of Gundam: Katz

After ZZ, I thought that Katz had been surpassed by the real worst character of Gundam: Ple

And after Char's Counterattack, I can see that I've been a fool. The previous two haunted entire seasons. Their incompetence and annoying behaviour was built up through several episodes, and persisted after their death. But Quess

God drat QUESS

only shows up for one movie, and manages to be so much worse than anyone before, in such a short runtime comparatively, I was kinda impressed how awful she was
She takes over the entire plot, has not one, but THREE characters pining after her, a 13-year old, she happily joins the genocidal regime because she just loves genocide that much, she seems to have no concept of others suffering from anything she does, she does ludicrously stupid things just because she's lusting after Char, and worst of all, she's a privileged rich faildaughter

At least I think the movie wants the viewer to loathe her? I certainly did

Looking forward to the next character who outdoes Katz, Ple and Quess in sheer awfulness (of course I'll continue watching Gundam)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Torquemadras posted:

only shows up for one movie, and manages to be so much worse than anyone before, in such a short runtime comparatively, I was kinda impressed how awful she was
She takes over the entire plot, has not one, but THREE characters pining after her, a 13-year old, she happily joins the genocidal regime because she just loves genocide that much, she seems to have no concept of others suffering from anything she does, she does ludicrously stupid things just because she's lusting after Char, and worst of all, she's a privileged rich faildaughter

It's blatantly clear it in the movie that Char is using her as a tool, and he outright admits it to Amuro in the climax, so it's only two people lusting after Quess; not three. As to "she seems to have no concept of others suffering from anything she does"? She's 13, so of course she doesn't. Not only is she barely a teenager biologically, emotionally, mentally etc., she's as you said, a faildaughter who's only had a tiny bit of life experience and that experience is mostly twisted up by feeling abandoned by her father due to a bad home life. The slight exposure she has had via the hippies telling her about Newtypes gives her just enough information and hope to be dangerous.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

drat, you're right. Char actually says how much he dislikes her, ahaha

It's a nice change of pace to have Gundam turn around and agree on how terrible a certain character is, poor Hathaway really should've known better

But, to be clear, this is not a strike against the story. I unironically enjoyed having this disaster teen turn out to be more and more awful. Certainly didn't expect that role from her

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like how Gyunei keeps chasing after her all movie and then the instant he's in Amuro's gunsights he just gets blown away without a second thought.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
I didn't even notice where Gyunei died at first, that movie is really weird about killing people off with minimum focus or fanfare.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Grape posted:

I didn't even notice where Gyunei died at first, that movie is really weird about killing people off with minimum focus or fanfare.

It owns and is one of my favorite parts about it. Gyunei spends the entire movie being a big puffed up secondary antagonist who thinks he's a serious rival to Char, and then the moment it's time to fight for real on even ground, Amuro loving speedbumps him.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 7, 2023

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Torquemadras posted:

Looking forward to the next character who outdoes Katz, Ple and Quess in sheer awfulness (of course I'll continue watching Gundam)

I disliked Gigi more than Quess but most would say it's Nina Purpleton

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
At least Gigi has a normal reaction to bding caught in the middle of a war zone.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

War and Pieces posted:

I disliked Gigi more than Quess but most would say it's Nina Purpleton

Nina is definitely still the queen, yeah. Most of the other obvious candidates for "terrible person" like Quess have the very good excuse of being literally children who are being manipulated/abused by shithead adults. Nina is a full grown woman who still makes the worst possible decision at almost every juncture.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Kanos posted:

It owns and is one of my favorite parts about it. Gyunei spends the entire movie being a big puffed up secondary antagonist who thinks he's a serious rival to Char, and then the moment it's time to fight for real on even ground, Amuro loving speedbumps him.

Someone pointed out a while back that Amuro probably never even learned Gyunei's name, and that it's such a perfect bow on his character and his ending.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kanos posted:

Nina is definitely still the queen, yeah. Most of the other obvious candidates for "terrible person" like Quess have the very good excuse of being literally children who are being manipulated/abused by shithead adults. Nina is a full grown woman who still makes the worst possible decision at almost every juncture.

The remarkable thing there is that most terrible characters in Gundam show it immediately, or at least by their second episode. Nina waits until episode 5 to go from a perfectly decent, likable character to a confusing mess of poorly explained motives that pivot at the convenience of the plot.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Torquemadras posted:

I have done it. I have watched all of Gundam, Gundam Zeta, Gundam ZZ and Char's Counterattack

After Zeta, I thought I had seen the worst character of Gundam: Katz

After ZZ, I thought that Katz had been surpassed by the real worst character of Gundam: Ple

And after Char's Counterattack, I can see that I've been a fool. The previous two haunted entire seasons. Their incompetence and annoying behaviour was built up through several episodes, and persisted after their death. But Quess

God drat QUESS

At least I think the movie wants the viewer to loathe her? I certainly did

The true boss of Worst Gundam Character lingers on ahead of you at the top of the tower like Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Can someone help me remember if Sleggar Law is The Worst Character in First Gundam? Does he actually slap Mirai or am I misremembering that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Can someone help me remember if Sleggar Law is The Worst Character in First Gundam? Does he actually slap Mirai or am I misremembering that?

First he punches Cameron and then he slaps Mirai.