Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

we're still in the lewis era

:lewis:
🥶🥶🥶

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Lewis is making mistakes and blaming his team, he's on the way down.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ewe2 posted:

Lewis is making mistakes and blaming his team, he's on the way down.

down to the podium

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Hot take but this wasn’t as lovely as I thought it would be.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Tsunoda drove well.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So if everyone thought the Miami GP was tacky and low class, just wait until you see what they have in mind for Vegas! Showgirls!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
not a bad metaphor for the weekend tbh
https://twitter.com/PeterMcCormack/status/1655300145024491521

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Lmao

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
waygu looks differen than i remember

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wagyu Ham Steak

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wonder how the food and portapotties at the upcoming Caesar's Palace Car Park GP will compare

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Cimber posted:

So if everyone thought the Miami GP was tacky and low class, just wait until you see what they have in mind for Vegas! Showgirls!

So grid girls then?

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’m a few degrees removed from someone working at Caesar’s and involved with the prep and planning and it sounds like a loving nightmare. The poo poo they’re going through to get everything there before they close all the loving roads (because it’s a street circuit) is wild.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
fia are cowards. who cares about track grades. they should race at laguna seca

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Skarsnik posted:

get in there lewis

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

Can a modern f1 car even keep all 4 tires in contact on the corkscrew lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

F1 is way too loud for Laguna Seca, which despite being in a loving desert has a stricter noise limit than Brands Hatch which is actually in a village.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Can a modern f1 car even keep all 4 tires in contact on the corkscrew lol

Make them all race in 80s turbo cars.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

njsykora posted:

F1 is way too loud for Laguna Seca, which despite being in a loving desert has a stricter noise limit than Brands Hatch which is actually in a village.

A dreary suburban wasteland has been built around the track. They have races there still, but not sure on what the noise limit is. I know there are 105dB track days.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

I demand F1 races at Bristol.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Toe Rag posted:

A dreary suburban wasteland has been built around the track. They have races there still, but not sure on what the noise limit is. I know there are 105dB track days.
That's not bad, I think I've raced at places with under 100. That's with old bikes though, I guess cars are a bit different.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I still want to see F1 at Watkins Glen again before I die. I know it’ll never happen because there’s no airport for all the private jets and big hotels for all the fuckin sponsors and celebs and poo poo around it.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a2091556/bus-bog-and-racing-30-year-old-mystery/

I mentioned it in a previous instance of the thread but my we have old 8mm home video of my dad whipping rocks at this bus. It kicks rear end. He went to the Grand Prix like five years in a row(? Or so he alleges) and says he never once saw a race, just got trashed at the campsite. It sounded wild.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I propose they swap the Indy 500 and Monaco this year to make it more interesting

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That's not bad, I think I've raced at places with under 100. That's with old bikes though, I guess cars are a bit different.

Yeah I think 105 is fine. Thunderhill and Sonoma are both 103. Most days are Laguna are like 90 though. My bike is stock so I’m good to go regardless :cool:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
90 is like basically NHTSA stock isn't it? That's like 86 or something? I wish they did rules not by decibels but by how good it sounds. A 90 degree v twin high redline with carbon cans sounds awesome, a Harley with straight pipes sounds like total rear end. Ninja twins sound intolerable with all exhausts.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

F1 car's honestly aren't even that loud now. Well compared to the old screaming V10's/V8's that you could hear from very large distances.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Speed racer (2008) is the best car movie

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/Ben_Sulayem/status/1655327812767690755

lmao

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

90 is like basically NHTSA stock isn't it? That's like 86 or something? I wish they did rules not by decibels but by how good it sounds. A 90 degree v twin high redline with carbon cans sounds awesome, a Harley with straight pipes sounds like total rear end. Ninja twins sound intolerable with all exhausts.

For whatever reason, in California (modern) motorcycles have to be 80dB while cars are allowed to be 95dB :confused: As such, most cars that would be tracked will be over the limit, even before you factor in all the mods people make. The sound limit is sort of absurd anyway because 1.) the track predates the housing, 2.) everyone knows where the sound-booth is and just rolls off, and 3.)

This is totally fine and passes scrutineering lol

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Phone posted:

It's not a good movie but I enjoy it because the Wachowskis were trying to do some genuinely new poo poo with the aesthetics of it, even if it didn't really all come together, and also there are some actual good actors doing good acting in spite of the context in it

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
it always cracks me up when people build housing next to a race track and then complain about the noise. why the gently caress did u move here then dumbass

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Oh my god that's great.
I saw people doing a fairly clever looking series of open-air non-baffle baffles at the local vintage races. Like a fairly open cage tube of perforated metal, almost as open as chicken wire, that projects out past the exhaust tip. And inside that cage is a series of discs spaced out in the tube, each with a progressively smaller hole cut in the disc the further out they get from the exhaust tip. So in theory it does almost nothing to exhaust flow and actually doesn't do much to the sound waves either except disperse the sound waves out in all directions so less of them would be measured at any one point nearby by a meter. I dunno if that's scientifically based or not but it seemed plausible. The local engineers didn't have the benefit of knowing exactly where the decibel meter would be at all times.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is breaking my brain

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Phone posted:

I've said this numerous times in the past, but I legit love Driven (2001)

It's a terrible movie, but I don't care! I love it!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Change points to go down to 15th place, make it so first and 2nd dont immediately pull a 50 point gap in two races because they drive cheaty cars.

Nobody cares about the WCC when top and bottom are split by 500 points. Nobody cares about WDC when they win in August

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The budget cap should be variable and change so the teams that lose all the time can spend more money to catchup.

Today's parade laps were not very exciting IMO.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Well, it was marginally more interesting than Baku and I enjoy seeing Alonso get podiums.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Custard Undies posted:

I've said this numerous times in the past, but I legit love Driven (2001)

It's a terrible movie, but I don't care! I love it!

I'm 90% sure this new F1 movie is basically going to be driven but with Brad Pitt instead of Stallone. I'm all for it.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I have found out Honda actually did have an F1 derived mechanical fuel injection system in a road car - however it was never really improved upon and they reverted to carbs until the EFi era of then early 1980s.

https://twitter.com/ixbe1izhh3myazi/status/1654687913874190336?s=46&t=rrPUOnXwIgSfm69r2trEVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

njsykora posted:

Not that the FIA cares about such things but it's also too short to be a grade 1 track.