Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

You don't need to grind them I tjink

I'm Trailblazer 37 with the main story completed, a bunch of side quests still to do, and I'm pretty sure the side quests alone would push me close to 40, let alone all the other sources including the fact dailies give you a bunch

And there's no reason to push past 40 atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There's plenty good reason, those sweet el3 drops.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

EL level also increases the reward track for SU, and it doesn't update in real titme only on weekly reset so if you hit the next EL at the start of the week you gotta wait, which is dumb.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

EL level also increases the reward track for SU, and it doesn't update in real titme only on weekly reset so if you hit the next EL at the start of the week you gotta wait, which is dumb.

Well that's lame to hear considering that it's past weekly reset for me and I'm at 39.5.

Guess I'll work on SU5+6 instead of SU3-2.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

is anyone gonna tell Kefka that her shades on her head are too small, i doubt they would fit her eyeframe.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I love the CN track especially since it's a CN game but I'm also incredibly biased since I understand it enough that I get stuff that's lost in translation.

Like how everyone in Xianzhou Luofu talks like they stepped out of a historical drama. And how the researcher you run after at one point loves ending his lines with idioms half-sung in Chinese-opera-style. Also Qingque's mahjong lines make me happy.

I'm never going to stop vouching for the CN track in Hoyo games.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I love the CN track especially since it's a CN game but I'm also incredibly biased since I understand it enough that I get stuff that's lost in translation.

Like how everyone in Xianzhou Luofu talks like they stepped out of a historical drama. And how the researcher you run after at one point loves ending his lines with idioms half-sung in Chinese-opera-style. Also Qingque's mahjong lines make me happy.

I'm never going to stop vouching for the CN track in Hoyo games.

I may do it when the rest of the story comes out, my Chinese is stagnating

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I need to find out what CN Qingque sounds like but I don't feel like downloading 1.5GB worth of data to do so. Her JP dub's not bad and I get that she's voiced by an actual pro mahjong player but her EN dub is super bratty, she rules.

Also curious as to what she sounds like in Korean.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

GateOfD posted:

is anyone gonna tell Kefka that her shades on her head are too small, i doubt they would fit her eyeframe.
We just don't have the deep lore yet. It'll turn out they're not for wearing-- they're the shades she wore as a child when she committed her first murder, and she keeps them around as a memento.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

We just don't have the deep lore yet. It'll turn out they're not for wearing-- they're the shades she wore as a child when she committed her first murder, and she keeps them around as a memento.

They’re not for wearing, they’re for resting in her hair so she looks cooler, obviously.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

korean language is probably the one that sounds the most like a 'dub'

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm kinda tempted to spend my eventual standard banner 300 pull pity on Welt instead of Bronya because I think he's cool.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Welt is very cool.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

from the description so does break effect stat doesn't actually increase the bar break damage, just the resulting damage from being broken?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

GateOfD posted:

from the description so does break effect stat doesn't actually increase the bar break damage, just the resulting damage from being broken?

Correct, the former is called Weakness Break Efficiency in the sim universe blessings that buff it

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Also the SU buffs actually increase it by a meaningful amount - increasing it by 2.4% (like the sort of buff you get from a relic item) wouldn't actually change the number of hits you need to break weakness.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm kinda tempted to spend my eventual standard banner 300 pull pity on Welt instead of Bronya because I think he's cool.

not a cool lesbian though!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

not a cool lesbian though!

Yeah but he's not a supercop so I think it balances out.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Yeah but he's not a supercop so I think it balances out.

Let's split the difference and say Serval Rocks

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

Serval Rocks

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

People playing other languages are missing out on how great English Qingque is. Her quick little "Win big, keep quiet" when her turn comes around is delightful.

And she has a few lines for when she draws duds repeatedly too

"Aw come on!"
"This sucks."

Mahjong girl is great.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So i'm not familiar with Genshin or similar gacha but i'm caught up with the launch content and what's the general loop like once you've gotten through all quests? How long is it usually between main story chapters and is there regular story events or anything in the meantime or is it just grinding and roguelike runs?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I got Welt from the starter banner and he's been pulling his weight surprisingly well considering what I thought I remembered reading about him. The slow can be pretty funny with Sushang speeding through her turns also. That and I like his in-battle voice lines because I like that specific type of..I guess it's cheese?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So i'm not familiar with Genshin or similar gacha but i'm caught up with the launch content and what's the general loop like once you've gotten through all quests? How long is it usually between main story chapters and is there regular story events or anything in the meantime or is it just grinding and roguelike runs?
In genshin's case:

There are a few limited time events per patch. Usually, one larger event with a decent amount of story and the others are smaller and more gameplay-focused.
Each patch is about 6 weeks, split up into two limited banners that are 3 weeks each.
Each patch has new story content of some kind, be it main story or side story stuff.
Each patch also introduces new side quests and other gameplay content, like new areas, bosses, etc.

We can assume this will be similar.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Genshin had what I considered the unfortunate problem of completing a country's "main story" in about two patches or so, and then killing time for like a year with smaller side stories and side areas before introducing a new country. Which I am hoping they will avoid in this game because presumably it takes less effort to make new areas to explore than Genshin's open world.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I do hope we get an event or something soon. I think Genshin got its first event 3 weeks in, so if this game is copying Genshin as closely as it looks like it is, we should get our first one next week, right?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Clarste posted:

Genshin had what I considered the unfortunate problem of completing a country's "main story" in about two patches or so, and then killing time for like a year with smaller side stories and side areas before introducing a new country. Which I am hoping they will avoid in this game because presumably it takes less effort to make new areas to explore than Genshin's open world.

Well given what we know from character leaks I think you might be in for some disappointment there. Besides the Stellaron Hunters, the vast majority of the leaked playable characters at the moment are ones from the 3 existing worlds we have now. It'll take quite a while to get through them unless they start adding a whole bunch of new 4*s to future banners, which wouldn't be impossible but it's not how Mihoyo usually does things.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Who needs friends or money when you can beat down the weekly bosses with a Seele belonging to some rando the game just happened to recommend to you? Thank you very much, Star Rail user "UwUGamerXD".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bland posted:

Well given what we know from character leaks I think you might be in for some disappointment there. Besides the Stellaron Hunters, the vast majority of the leaked playable characters at the moment are ones from the 3 existing worlds we have now. It'll take quite a while to get through them unless they start adding a whole bunch of new 4*s to future banners, which wouldn't be impossible but it's not how Mihoyo usually does things.
i mean the leaks also contain yae and raiden

and we know most of their rarities, a lot of them actually are 4*s.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also just because a character is in the initial leaks doesn't mean they're going to be implemented immediately. in genshin, yun jin was leaked in march 2021. she was released in january 2022.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Endorph posted:

i mean the leaks also contain yae and raiden

and we know most of their rarities, a lot of them actually are 4*s.

I did say the vast majority, not all. Plus it's also worth noting that the leaks for those two are extremely early stuff. No models or even artwork, just mentions of names in code. There are a whole bunch of more complete characters leaked that are from Herta/Belobog/Xianzhou

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

In genshin's case:

There are a few limited time events per patch. Usually, one larger event with a decent amount of story and the others are smaller and more gameplay-focused.
Each patch is about 6 weeks, split up into two limited banners that are 3 weeks each.
Each patch has new story content of some kind, be it main story or side story stuff.
Each patch also introduces new side quests and other gameplay content, like new areas, bosses, etc.

We can assume this will be similar.

I guess that's not awful. Glad there's a couple of events coming in before the next patch probably. I was hoping I wouldn't just be running the SU for a month or however long it takes for new stuff to be added.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

People playing other languages are missing out on how great English Qingque is. Her quick little "Win big, keep quiet" when her turn comes around is delightful.

And she has a few lines for when she draws duds repeatedly too

"Aw come on!"
"This sucks."

Mahjong girl is great.

I'm a big fan of "Better late than never!" because it seems smart enough to only play when I've spent like 4 skill points on her that turn.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Let's not forget Yaoyao who was in the data since basically launch and didn't actually release until like 2 years later.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bland posted:

I did say the vast majority, not all. Plus it's also worth noting that the leaks for those two are extremely early stuff. No models or even artwork, just mentions of names in code. There are a whole bunch of more complete characters leaked that are from Herta/Belobog/Xianzhou
sure, but as i said, just because a character is more complete doesn't mean they're going to come out first.

here's the 1.4 leak i'm referring to. you can see that yaoyao and yunjin's models are basically the same ones that ended up in the game, while kokomi's is entirely different from her final design. yet kokomi was the first of those three to be implemented. there were also characters who didn't even have finished models in this leak, like, coincidentally, yae and raiden. they all released before yaoyao and yunjin. yaoyao has the excuse of dendro not being implemented until sumeru, but still.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
EN also has Sampo hamming it up to the extreme and I love it.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

The "dungeons" in Star Rail should certainly be much easier to partition than the huge interconnected outdoor zones in Genshin, so I'd definitely expect to see smaller, more consistent additions, at the very least. I wouldn't be shocked to see a new area with every single patch.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Unrelatedly, everyone is assuming the next MC form will be The Hunt because we're on the Huntboat, but I think it would be very funny if we ended up getting Abundance instead. Might work out better in terms of roles too, unless they suddenly add a ton of healers so we're not all forced to rely on Natasha or pull specific 5 stars.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Welt and Seele in a party is bonkers. I get to have like 5 turns before the enemies get a chance to attack. Most times I'll wipe the screen before they do anything.

Ran through World 3 and 4 without much risk despite running destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Draga posted:

EN also has Sampo hamming it up to the extreme and I love it.

EN Sampo gives me extreme Autolycus vibes and that isn't criticism.

Qingque is still better though, her EN VA knocked it out of the park. "ugh, this hand sucks"