Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Dudley posted:

Not that the FIA cares about such things but it's also too short to be a grade 1 track.

They can do more laps duh

Also traffic during qualifying is fine, it’s part of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I wonder how quick a laptime you'd get out of a full spec F1 car at Laguna.

Gotta be under a minute.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Ok, which one of you is this.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If they race at Laguna Seca they should give Grosjean a seat just for that one, he has experience with the track now.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

They probably have more or less the same view of women and uppity minorities making their opinions heard on online platforms and want to make sure that poo poo stops.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Also: Go KMAG - The ball-sucking will continue until morale improves :denmark:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

What a oval office

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Dudley posted:

I wonder how quick a laptime you'd get out of a full spec F1 car at Laguna.

Gotta be under a minute.

Here is some potato quality footage of a demo run in a mid 00s Toyota doing a 1.06. Modern car in proper trim would be well under a minute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_bWOdY6mbU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

"...and it's that easy to win 14 championships!"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N109mlx10NA

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

it always cracks me up when people build housing next to a race track and then complain about the noise. why the gently caress did u move here then dumbass

I used to go trap shooting with my dad like 25 years ago and the range was in the middle of nowhere. Then they built a development across the road, the people complained about the gun noise, the town passed an ordinance that the range couldn't be in use before and after X time, and last I heard it closed.

People are dumb as gently caress, but Karen culture is not a new thing, just a new name.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

in hindsight miami is almost tailor made for max

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I used to go trap shooting with my dad like 25 years ago and the range was in the middle of nowhere. Then they built a development across the road, the people complained about the gun noise, the town passed an ordinance that the range couldn't be in use before and after X time, and last I heard it closed.

People are dumb as gently caress, but Karen culture is not a new thing, just a new name.
Guy I work for was moving a couple years ago and looked at a place in a nice rural area which was underpriced. He found out it was near a gun range. He didn't think he'd like the noise so he looked for a different place.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

ArmZ posted:

in hindsight miami is almost tailor made for max

humid, tropical wetlands do tend to suit amphibians

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Guy I work for was moving a couple years ago and looked at a place in a nice rural area which was underpriced. He found out it was near a gun range. He didn't think he'd like the noise so he looked for a different place.

what a dumbass, he could have gotten a cheap place and then bitched until the range got forcibly closed!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Custard Undies posted:

Ok, which one of you is this.

wow I can see why theo's ex took him back for a 4th time

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Only Papa Ferrari can save the "sport" of F1

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

"so that's all I have to do to become FIA prez? I think you just gave me my next best idea"

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
at least we are all racing as one

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Make the Las Vegas Grand Prix go through the hyper loop tunnel.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sunk Dunk posted:

at least we are all racing as one

one race you say

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Make the Las Vegas Grand Prix go through the hyper loop tunnel.

Yes, Max should use as much Musk infrastructure as possible

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

thanks I want to punch a wall

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ethanol posted:

thanks I want to punch a wall

Calm down Charles.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

refleks posted:

Calm down Charles.

Michael “The Rock” Schumacher has a more brainpower than those two bozos combined

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Vegas hyper loop is 12 feet wide. F1 cars are 6.5 feet wide.

George Russell: :swoon:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Vegas hyper loop is 12 feet wide. F1 cars are 6.5 feet wide.

George Russell: :swoon:

wonder if the cars could generate enough downforce to pass on the walls or ceiling Speed Racer style

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

wonder if the cars could generate enough downforce to pass on the walls or ceiling Speed Racer style

I'm not sure what happens in a tiny tunnel but they generate well enough downforce to stick upside down

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm not sure what happens in a tiny tunnel but they generate well enough downforce to stick upside down

driver dies trying to pass on the roof

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

bonus WDC points for style

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if the current cars are 2m wide x 5m long, next year they should make the rules so the cars have to be 2m long and 5m wide

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Cimber posted:

Was there this much salt towards Mercedes during the Lewis era?

For the people who like actual racing there was, but there are enough people in this thread huffing Lewis' farts to drown them out. There were a couple of years there were Merc had decent challengers between Rosberg and Ferrari that you at least had hope for good races, and there were usually 2 or 3 in a year that were genuine bangers. But most of it was like yesterday or Baku except the car was silver instead of blue.

Those 2 years were McLaren were on the rise were the best years of the sport.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
The race was ok, I managed to stay awake this time at least. It is unreal how fast that loving red bull is with the DRS open. It's in a completely different class.

For all of the hype people were giving De Vries about how he was going to be the leader at Alpha Tauri, he's proving himself to be the next Grosjean and Yuki is absolutely crushing him.

lmao at LeClerc for failing to pass a Haas for most of the race. I can't tell if the Ferrari is just dogshit or if they've broken Charles' spirit.

Called it:

MustardFacial posted:

I'll eat a sixer if George doesn't mention the coronation or the royal family at some point this weekend.

Witeldram posted:

Of course he posts this lol

:smug:

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dei_ZlLHls

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

For all of the hype people were giving De Vries about how he was going to be the leader at Alpha Tauri, he's proving himself to be the next Grosjean and Yuki is absolutely crushing him.

Is Yuki actually decent this year? Consistently scoring 10th or 11th isn’t going to get you many points but it’s better than retiring or being 17th.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

smackfu posted:

Is Yuki actually decent this year? Consistently scoring 10th or 11th isn’t going to get you many points but it’s better than retiring or being 17th.

Yuki is doing a good job for the car he has. He qualified in 17th in Miami, but finished the race in 11th and he's been having races like that pretty consistently. It'd be great if he can get a few more points from it, but even improving your position by 5 or 6 places every race is a very good sign, and it sets you up well for when the car is better. Especially when your teammate is chucking it into the wall every other session.

[edit] also Yuki is cool and good. Support your short kings.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

duki

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm pumped with how bad these rookies are especially with how dislikable they all are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm pumped with how bad these rookies are especially with how dislikable they all are.

I don't think max is really a rookie anymore he just acts like it