Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Negative Bast Thanos is the deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I get that, my problem is Enchantress' text says she removes the abilities from all ongoing cards, but what she's actually doing is removing their ongoing status itself. This is a better explanation

But that's not what her card says she does. Just one of those things that could be worded better

Yeah it removes abilities, and the +2 from spectrum isnt an ability. It's a +2 attack to the card.

To be fair there is a bunch of badly worded stuff in the game but this isn't one of them. But it for sure does trip you up the first time you see it.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Youremother posted:

Sooo glad that hot location is over so I could go back to playing Cerebro. Hazmat is alright in C2 but Luke Cage is actually a tremendous tech against negative power locations, slightly considering removing Hazmat and putting Goose back in

I took Goose out for Invisible Woman. Goose doesn’t stop Enchantress in Sera decks. Invisible Woman does a much better job in the current meta of protecting your big ongoings, including putting Luke Cage behind IW for some big end of game point swings.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gotta say the locations in this game usually give me more trouble than my opponent does

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Busted out the MODOK deck for this meta and its been doing real well. Just put Nebula in over Sunspot

I opened Stature from a cache but don't have Black Bolt, I'm assuming moon knight alone isn't enough to make her worth it?

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

pray for my aunt posted:

Busted out the MODOK deck for this meta and its been doing real well. Just put Nebula in over Sunspot

I opened Stature from a cache but don't have Black Bolt, I'm assuming moon knight alone isn't enough to make her worth it?

I think if you were ever going to use moon knight over black bolt this would be the deck for it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

pray for my aunt posted:

Who is Mystique for? Just Morbius? You could probably better utilize that slot. No Colleen Wing?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah if you have Swarm you really want Colleen Wing

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
People are running Storm in discard now too

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Storm is fine in discard because you can just stick morbius or dracula there to easily win that location.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

uXs posted:

These are mine:

2926 3394
3406 3874
3886 4354

I'm assuming most people's groups start at 1006 and if yours did as well, you should have the same boundaries.

Otherwise you'll have to look back at your CL track, first to figure out where your groups of 4 are - which should be easy - and then where the groups of 40 are.

Thanks for running those numbers. I'm at 3884, and I thought I was at the end of a group, thanks for the confirmation. Since I'm S3 complete, I'll keep hoarding until the series drop, especially since there's only 2 cards about to drop to S3 that I don't have - Darkhawk and Silver Surfer.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If this game wants me to quit it's doing a pretty goddamn good job of it today

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’ve really been struggling just to get to 40

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hell yeah, finally got my first ink one

Also M'baku just won me two games in a row, he's a real star in C2

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Youremother posted:

Sooo glad that hot location is over so I could go back to playing Cerebro. Hazmat is alright in C2 but Luke Cage is actually a tremendous tech against negative power locations, slightly considering removing Hazmat and putting Goose back in

His departure from C1 raises viability issues for that deck.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Just had Altar of Death / Rickety Bridge/ Space Throne.. Yay so much fun thanks for the play-limiting locations Brode! I sure hate playing the deck I've built.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DrOgreface posted:

People are running Storm in discard now too

I had Lockjaw in place of Storm... thoughts?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

New Leaf posted:

Just had Altar of Death / Rickety Bridge/ Space Throne.. Yay so much fun thanks for the play-limiting locations Brode! I sure hate playing the deck I've built.

They really need to make it that if a play limiting location is drawn, it should severely reduce the chance of another being played. Nobody likes Sanctum Sanctorum/Sandbar/Plunder Castle happening to them and the fact that we can name multiple locations combinations that do this sucks rear end.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

New Leaf posted:

Nobody would mind if they got rid of the lovely bridge

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If iron lad hits Kang does he disappear or does the Kang to be drawn next disappear?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Do you want Odins? Because Leader's how you get Odins!

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Do you want Odins? Because Leader's how you get Odins!

I was wondering why the gently caress they Odin'd that lane instead of the Dr Doom lane, and then I saw the bot split on Odin (and probably Wave & Wasp are bot splits).

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If iron lad hits Kang does he disappear or does the Kang to be drawn next disappear?

Iron Lad disappears.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Red posted:

Deathwave + lovely Bridge is pretty much a lock. I love the lovely Bridge.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Quackles posted:

I had Lockjaw in place of Storm... thoughts?

Lockjaw dropped out of this deck after the nerf because you can’t dump all your Swarms in on the last turn anymore. Storm makes more sense now.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Speaking of Deathwave, is Wave or Sera a better S3 freebie to pick up as a backbone to enable lots of decks?

I lean towards Wave as a big telegraphed T4 or T6 lock and swing, but Sera seems like it gives those explosive T6s that end up pulling 4-8 cubes instead of a retreat.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Infinite Karma posted:

Speaking of Deathwave, is Wave or Sera a better S3 freebie to pick up as a backbone to enable lots of decks?

I lean towards Wave as a big telegraphed T4 or T6 lock and swing, but Sera seems like it gives those explosive T6s that end up pulling 4-8 cubes instead of a retreat.
If you own she hulk it's a tie. If you don't, Sera.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

anyone had Daredevil show you an incorrect card?

earlier turn, opponent played lockjaw and nova. lockjaw replaced nova with carnage, who ate lockjaw. so only carnage left in that lane.

daredevil fires. I tap on the red card in that lane, it's nova.

I play my cards.

T5 reveals, instead of nova, opponent played deathlok.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Red posted:

Getting that bridge as a location seems to be the most reliable way of getting Nimrod to work.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fate Accomplice posted:

anyone had Daredevil show you an incorrect card?

earlier turn, opponent played lockjaw and nova. lockjaw replaced nova with carnage, who ate lockjaw. so only carnage left in that lane.

daredevil fires. I tap on the red card in that lane, it's nova.

I play my cards.

T5 reveals, instead of nova, opponent played deathlok.

That's a bug with Lockjaw not clearing away the image of the old card sometimes.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Discard to 70
Thanos to 80
DinoHawk to 90
Shanna is in my shop, kind of thinking Sera/Shanna/Kazar to 100...

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Devo posted:

Discard to 70
Thanos to 80
DinoHawk to 90
Shanna is in my shop, kind of thinking Sera/Shanna/Kazar to 100...

Well I just lost 8 cubes because Shanna put a Hood into a tied flooded lane. This is gonna work out just fine.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Sometimes you get the ebony maw, sometimes you get the hood

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Sometimes you get the ebony maw, sometimes you get the hood

Oh my god it just happened again.
What in the actual gently caress.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Devo posted:

Oh my god it just happened again.
What in the actual gently caress.

Shanna is very bad imo, if it counted as played cards it might have good utility with Hit Monkey and Bishop but as it stands, you play a whole game with the end result of hoping Shanna doesn’t screw you over.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Having the swarm and dracula together in modok discard hurts sometimes where you are stuck with swarm and apocolypse in hand

might take swarm out, but sometimes i can drop him as a bunch of free cards so i'm not sure!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I swear 50% of the games I play with Sera have Dream Dimension.

I don't know how I go on these winning streaks that are followed by losing streaks. It's the same deck. So irritating..

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

bowmore posted:

Having the swarm and dracula together in modok discard hurts sometimes where you are stuck with swarm and apocolypse in hand

might take swarm out, but sometimes i can drop him as a bunch of free cards so i'm not sure!

That's why I have Lockjaw still in mind. If I took him out I'd have to think about Swarm, but then I'd be worried about the number of possible discard targets vs discard effects.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also in about 30 games I haven't used Storm once, is it just to lock down a location after you've dropped dracula/morbius or nebula?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

bowmore posted:

also in about 30 games I haven't used Storm once, is it just to lock down a location after you've dropped dracula/morbius or nebula?

That's the idea, yeah.