Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

:whitewater:

FWIW I hear they don't actually finger butts so much anymore.

What do they do instead, other than run a PSA test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hell if I know, I'm a spry 38 years old :corsair:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Is this china OP? Sun rises in the east sets in the west much?

That's the Atlantic OP

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I turned 40 today. :smith:

you made it! happy birthday

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Another year to spite your enemies is usually a good thing imo

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

my doc said it was optional and when I opted out he acted like he didn't hear me and started putting on the gloves and i had to hastily remind him I said no. i think it's because I have s nice rear end.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Lots of terrible singing and busking in the nyc subway today. Where's the talent gone?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Chinatown posted:

Lots of terrible singing and busking in the nyc subway today. Where's the talent gone?

it's too soon for this joke I think...

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Chinatown posted:

busk any nuts OP?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

kntfkr posted:

busk any nuts OP?

mmm busked nuts
https://i.imgur.com/Bpx9GYc.mp4

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Luvcow posted:

it's too soon for this joke I think...

:911:

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
torn between posting here or e/n, but e/n is always so heavy mood wise.

basically i hit 30, got a better paying job, and its wfh, and living in a place with so many restaurants.. ive become fat. im at my highest ever, and im a short lady and its just so bleruugh...

idk a part of me is like, im single i only have a dog why not just never stop eating. why not? tasty goo into the goo hole.

but now im having to get new fat clothes which is money. and life is just harder, in the my body is more tired moving around type way and i dont like it.

ive always wanted to be thinner, but have literally never lost weight. a couple years back i was 180 of fat and i went to the gym more and a year or two later i was still 180 but looked more muscular. idk im not sure i can lose weight even though its just calories in/out.

i still have the gym habit, but its like once a week. so i need to go more and start eating less and probably stop drinking for awhile because alcohol is a lot of calories. idk i just need to start wanting it enough to stop but how do i stop impulsively eating/drinking when bored? :( life hard

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I need sleep why am I resisting it

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Because sleep is the cousin of death and you have so much life left to live.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

basically i hit 30, got a better paying job, and its wfh, and living in a place with so many restaurants.. ive become fat. im at my highest ever, and im a short lady and its just so bleruugh...

idk a part of me is like, im single i only have a dog why not just never stop eating. why not? tasty goo into the goo hole.

but now im having to get new fat clothes which is money. and life is just harder, in the my body is more tired moving around type way and i dont like it.

ive always wanted to be thinner, but have literally never lost weight. a couple years back i was 180 of fat and i went to the gym more and a year or two later i was still 180 but looked more muscular. idk im not sure i can lose weight even though its just calories in/out.

i still have the gym habit, but its like once a week. so i need to go more and start eating less and probably stop drinking for awhile because alcohol is a lot of calories. idk i just need to start wanting it enough to stop but how do i stop impulsively eating/drinking when bored? :( life hard

Honestly I'm the same way. I love eating but I also have a problem with eating too much

The best advice I got is to set a gym plan and build muscle. It's an incredible way to eat what you want and lose fat. I was using this workout plan until my knees forced me to make a choice. I'll probably go back to it in a couple of months, but I was losing weight, gaining muscle and eating what I wanted

I would recommend forcing yourself to go at least three times a week and do some sort of plan. Make yourself accountable, whatever way works for you

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I love to eat so I work out constantly with stuff at home. I'm a shrew?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cutting way back on the booze, even if you don’t necessarily quit cold turkey will see immediate benefits.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

You can't outrun the fork, just eat/drink less.

People want to make it complicated or act like working out will do something but losing weight means eating less than you use and it always involves being hungry sometimes.

Or make a mega thread about it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Cutting way back on the booze, even if you don’t necessarily quit cold turkey will see immediate benefits.

yup. this. i basically didnt change my diet at all when i started climbing, just quit drinking. huge difference

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

btw looks like everyone had a great weekend... ? :D

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

My weekend was tiring but it ruled ngl

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I quit drinking and it didn’t do poo poo.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Get addicted to the gym by developing a dependency on preworkout drinks. Once you get that buzz, you gotta go or things will get bad. There's probably drawbacks but it's better than drinking! bzzzzzzzz

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Weekends are just not long enough

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

satanic splash-back posted:

Sick of this BULLSHIT

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Every day is a weekend if you don't have a job!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Build self control. Start by observing your eating habits. That might mean writing it all down or using an app. Plan your meals for the week. Don't change your menu immediately. When you get to that "I'm gonna be full soon" stage, stop eating. Pack up the rest for leftovers. Do this for as long as it takes then start sprinkling healthier meals in. Don't cut the garage food entirely or you'll fail quick.

When snacking, look at the package, pour out a single serving and put the package away. This way you have to consciously choose to continue overeating. Do this in the evening or replace with fruits or veggies some nights.

Get used to being hungry and your brain screaming at you to eat. Know that you could lose a pound a week or a pound a month. Increase your workouts to a minimum of 4 days a week. Make it mandatory, like either right before or after work. Dragging yourself through a tough workout still burns calories.

With this exact formula, I lost 40 pounds 4 years ago and another 17 pounds this year since January first. You have to want it and once you build the self control you'll get to where you want to be. Good luck

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

this, I called in sick today :cool:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Peggy Edson posted:

Build self control. Start by observing your eating habits. That might mean writing it all down or using an app. Plan your meals for the week. Don't change your menu immediately. When you get to that "I'm gonna be full soon" stage, stop eating. Pack up the rest for leftovers. Do this for as long as it takes then start sprinkling healthier meals in. Don't cut the garage food entirely or you'll fail quick.

When snacking, look at the package, pour out a single serving and put the package away. This way you have to consciously choose to continue overeating. Do this in the evening or replace with fruits or veggies some nights.

Get used to being hungry and your brain screaming at you to eat. Know that you could lose a pound a week or a pound a month. Increase your workouts to a minimum of 4 days a week. Make it mandatory, like either right before or after work. Dragging yourself through a tough workout still burns calories.

With this exact formula, I lost 40 pounds 4 years ago and another 17 pounds this year since January first. You have to want it and once you build the self control you'll get to where you want to be. Good luck

This is good advice.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
The best exercise for losing weight is seated pushaways.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The best exercise for weight loss is to relitigate the 2016 election

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The best exercise is fighting off a physical assailant, for $199 a month I will randomly attack you 4 times a week.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Get ADHD, it's awesome for keeping weight off because you constantly forget to eat and you're on speed all day

cons are like, everything else

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Riding a bike makes exercise fun. Also you can ignore all traffic laws, which rules.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

bagmonkey posted:

Get ADHD, it's awesome for keeping weight off because you constantly forget to eat and you're on speed all day

cons are like, everything else

:hmmyes:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well given that my died a week ago from prostate cancer.... yeah I'm gonna have to get checked at maybe 45. I've had the same nurse practitioner for almost 10 years and I really like her. That's going to be a very awkward visit.

just keep cranking your hog on the daily for optimal prostate health

proper care and maintenance is the best way to avoid malfunction for any machine

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Chinatown posted:

Riding a bike makes exercise fun. Also you can ignore all traffic laws, which rules.

I wouldn't feel safe using a bike in most cities sadly.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bad Purchase posted:

proper care and maintenance is the best way to avoid malfunction for any machine

Mods, I think this is a re-reg of that permabanned guy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bad Purchase posted:

Shant merchandise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bullshitacct5723
May 8, 2023

by vyelkin
alotta masturbation will gently caress your dick up