Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Toxic Mental posted:

He's not really saying "yeah but what about the USA's war crimes" he's saying "drat Russia has lowered themselves to USA war crime levels", the focus of the sentence is still Russia's war crimes

Don't trip yourselves up over a pretty tame and in the end fairly unfunny jokey observation that doesn't really deserve this much attention

Russia's war crimes,
Russia's war crimes,
They're real bad,
They're real bad!
"War crime" is redundant,
And the horrors are abundant,
War is sad.
War is sad...

Someone call up the Russian MOD and show them this please so they read it and have a change of heart and then immediately get the gently caress out of Ukraine.

Thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

fatherboxx posted:

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1652745698822049793?t=BMEpoSyDFL3pJl-d6MGyXw&s=19

If you are wondering why this guy is a former ombudsman, he joked on camera to the face of a child that survived a boat accident where 14 of their friends died about whether they enjoyed swimming

The Polish Ambassador is one of my favorite artists, please don't hurt him

(for real though, great music)

Powered Descent posted:

Poster: Makes a very simple joke comparing a current event to another country's war crime habits.
Other posters: HOW DARE YOU APPROVE OF WAR CRIMES SIR, YOU ARE A FOOL

Is that really what happened though? Extremely lovely joke if so, since it echoes the endless both sides poo poo from the tankies. When you do what clearly seems to be a whataboutism, don't be surprised when people object even if it was only meant as a dumb throwaway joke.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Guys, just wanted to remind everyone here that America? Yeah, not so blameless. So maybe think twice before you judge Russia's actions.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Molothecat posted:

Guys, just wanted to remind everyone here that America? Yeah, not so blameless. So maybe think twice before you judge Russia's actions.

Ah, gently caress. He’s got me

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

HonorableTB posted:

and the reason for bringing up the US in the first place is ???
Because the US is giving aid to Ukraine, it is instructive to remind them of past American faults to temper the Ukrainian desire for freedom from invasion and war crimes.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

the popes toes posted:

Because the US is giving aid to Ukraine, it is instructive to remind them of past American faults to temper the Ukrainian desire for freedom from invasion and war crimes.

Bringing up Iraq will temper the Ukrainian desire to not end up like Iraq?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

mobby_6kl posted:

Has this been posted? It's a lol but not surprising since he's already been spotted in Prada boots.

the Nazis were wearing BOSS, so what

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Molothecat posted:

Mods?!

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

mobby_6kl posted:

Has this been posted? It's a lol but not surprising since he's already been spotted in Prada boots.

That's basically the standard price of a russian uniform one you factor in the graft, what's the big deal?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Molothecat posted:

Not American so. :shrug:

:blyat: :utruck: :ukraine:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Play posted:

Is that really what happened though? Extremely lovely joke if so, since it echoes the endless both sides poo poo from the tankies. When you do what clearly seems to be a whataboutism, don't be surprised when people object even if it was only meant as a dumb throwaway joke.

Not everything that mentions a thing in the context of another thing is "whataboutism".

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

He's not really saying "yeah but what about the USA's war crimes" he's saying "drat Russia has lowered themselves to USA war crime levels", the focus of the sentence is still Russia's war crimes

Don't trip yourselves up over a pretty tame and in the end fairly unfunny jokey observation that doesn't really deserve this much attention

I’m glad your tacit approval has brought in the “US Bad” guys, thanks for that

Very germane to what’s going on, dumbass

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Strawman posted:

Bringing up Iraq will temper the Ukrainian desire to not end up like Iraq?

I think it's more like they didn't want to end up like Georgia but ya know, the people who could have helped and were talking a strong game were pretty busy with war crimes at the time

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

Not everything that mentions a thing in the context of another thing is "whataboutism".

but get this: this was

Private Cumshoe posted:

I think it's more like they didn't want to end up like Georgia but ya know, the people who could have helped and were talking a strong game were pretty busy with war crimes at the time

so, should the evil fascist Americans have come to Georgia to help? I don't know, you guys have me thinking maybe there's literally no difference between Russia and the US. What a difficult needle to thread.

Molothecat fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 8, 2023

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Molothecat posted:

but get this: this was

And admitted to without reservation

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Flyinglemur posted:

All of my chud veteran friends are still fully vocal against anything Joe Biden does so they are actually cheering for Russia for some loving reason.

:sever:

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Private Cumshoe posted:

And admitted to without reservation

I'm sorry to keep bringing this up, but are you sure you're OK? You don't need any help? There's a kid on my street who reminds me of you, keeps wandering away and it's really worrying.

Edit: I just see you struggling and it breaks my heart

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Molothecat posted:

so, should the evil fascist Americans have come to Georgia to help?

If they wanted them to stop invading other countries in the future, yes?

How do you people not understand politics

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Man America wishes they could do war crimes as good as russia.

Anyway, while you're arguing, Ukrainians invented new machine gun stabilization method

https://i.imgur.com/C81Mbhs.mp4

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
now that's how you gently caress russia :butt:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

I am. Really sucks that all of the Vet support orgs are full of absolutely terrible loving people.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Play posted:

The Polish Ambassador is one of my favorite artists, please don't hurt him

(for real though, great music)

Wait, what? I never heard about this, went rooting into his bio (and his predecessor) but I see no trace of any musicality?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1655634861430915076

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Duh its the targets that Russia needs to hit to blame Ukraine for ~*reasons*~

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

now if bags of strangely tasting sugar start appearing ...

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Shant speculate

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Victis posted:

I’m glad your tacit approval has brought in the “US Bad” guys, thanks for that

Very germane to what’s going on, dumbass

If the "US Bad" guys are also vocally supporting Russia getting the gently caress out of Ukraine and stopping their war crimes, then yes, they're welcome to post here

In fact you'll find most people in this thread are fully cognizant of the US having done bad things in the past, and bringing that up has no bearing on the US doing the morally correct thing now in 2022 and beyond, nor is it some tacit approval of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, because it's not binary

I think you'll find that's not the same thing as "Actually Russia is good/Ukraine must be purged because US bad" if you stop and think about it for a second

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Wow, not even Russia can escape the grasp of the menacing Call 811 Cartel.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

They also aren't immune to plethoras of abandoned Bird scooters either apparently

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Had someone I know try to claim this war is just a lie for US gain, like Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Yeh sending Ukraine weapons they've explicitly requested is exactly like when we sent troops over and try to take over everything to democratize nations 'for' them :psyduck:

We aren't the main character and cause of every world conflict - sometimes we're just the assholes picking the corpses clean for money, in this case by loving how much advertising this gives the MIC.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 8, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Had someone I know try to claim this war is just a lie for US gain, like Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Yeh sending Ukraine weapons they've explicitly requested is exactly like when we sent troops over and try to take over everything to democratize nations 'for' them :psyduck:

We aren't the main character and cause of every world conflict - sometimes we're just the assholes picking the corpses clean for money, in this case by loving how much advertising this gives the MIC.

Lol wonder what they think of Trump's first impeachment then

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Mokotow posted:

Wait, what? I never heard about this, went rooting into his bio (and his predecessor) but I see no trace of any musicality?

There's a separate artist who goes by the name "The Polish Ambassador". He's not taking about the actual ambassador. I just learned this recently...

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I like how it's impossible to tell if this is a far-right or far-leftwing shithead

kru
Oct 5, 2003

not like the russians to bomb red crosses

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kru posted:

not like the russians to bomb red crosses

I mean, targeting hospitals and terror bombing is a common Russian strategy used elsewhere, especially in Syria.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Victis posted:

I like how it's impossible to tell if this is a far-right or far-leftwing shithead

When you find out the horseshoe analogy is actually true. :stonklol:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Flyinglemur posted:

All of my chud veteran friends are still fully vocal against anything Joe Biden does so they are actually cheering for Russia for some loving reason.

The entire right wing grift circuit is purestrain contrarianism, and anything Trump do = Good, anything Joe Biden do = Bad.

My parents watched Fox News religiously and their entire circle has a visceral hatred for Ukraine, still saying it's 'the most corrupt country in the world' and are extremely convinced Russia is winning this war effortlessly. The whole 'old enemy' bit isn't even a thought in their head. I'm pretty sure the loving right wing media straight up idolizes Russia at this point.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The right wing grift circuit loves Putin because he's the big strong daddy president making lots of money that they want running the USA in the same way. Trump is a shallow imitation because the level of graft and scamming putin does is orders of magnitude larger than trump could ever manage, and the graft under trump didn't he flow down as it... somewhat does, under putin.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1655683021255725065
So much for mighty Россия ever being able to exhaust Ukrainian air defense. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/RedCrossUkraine/status/1655565354163220488?s=20

gently caress Russia