Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

technically we beat up a wolf once a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Have we seen diseases mentioned?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rodion and sonya mention that a lot of people in the slums were sick and obviously couldnt afford treatment, i think. and iirc the chef in the event says his mom passed away of illness in his pizza/fried chicken based backstory?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

L.U.I.G.I posted:

You could grind Key Page/Floor Level?

It was less of a 'could' and more of a 'you have to do this to keep up to par with the receptions.' It's the reason why all the floors have that color coded thingy when you burn books on them, since burning books on different floors is how you leveled them up iirc.

It was notably tedious even for PM standards, which is why the entire thing got axed.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Ohhhhh I see, I think my eyes kept sliding off the little banner when it was there and mentally putting it there when it wasn't -

vs.

I get it now. So basically if I'm missing S1 IDs I won't be able to get them again until S3, is that right?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

KazigluBey posted:

Ohhhhh I see, I think my eyes kept sliding off the little banner when it was there and mentally putting it there when it wasn't -

vs.

I get it now. So basically if I'm missing S1 IDs I won't be able to get them again until S3, is that right?

That's MOSTLY correct.
S1 standard IDs will not be removed from the gacha pool, so they might still show up on their own, but they will not be in the dispensary until S3 starts.

S1 event IDs/EGOs (Ryoshu and Sinclair's) will be removed from the gacha pool, so they will be completely impossible to get until S3 adds them back to the dispensary.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1655867473542156295?cxt=HHwWjsDUubWs6fotAAAA

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1655872370161377280?cxt=HHwWgIDTjbjJ6_otAAAA

hosed up WARP train dude EGO. :eyepop:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looks like its yi sang? itd make sense since he doesnt have a HE yet

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oooh, so we will still get new stuff before Season 2? Or is it teaser for Season 2? Either way, neat!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lt. Lizard posted:

Oooh, so we will still get new stuff before Season 2? Or is it teaser for Season 2? Either way, neat!

Should be a teaser since roadmap claimed nothing new after N Sinclair.

And it should check out? EGOs get announced much earlier, 3 weeks before release I think? So next week we'll get an ID teaser, in 2 weeks the reveal and in 3 weeks season 2 starts.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Either the event reward for the login event, or a teaser for S2.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

For comparison, we got the animation preview for Telepole Faust on March 9th, with it hitting the gacha on April 6th.

So we probably aren't getting it till S2.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

BisbyWorl posted:

hosed up WARP train dude EGO. :eyepop:
Nothing Personnel, the less-known relative of Nothing There.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1655932123197636609

Hong Lu is also getting a WARP EGO.

gongon1050
Oct 11, 2010

This is not the hero of time you're looking for.
Could be the EGOs that will be on the S2 Pass. Would make sense to start previewing them to help build anticipation for the season changeover.
More Warp IDs and related are always welcome.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

What was the deal with the Abno's event in MD? I remember that you can get the Blue Zippo from it, but I'm wondering if there's any other clues about what it's all about in the event itself.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Phew finished the chicken event and got all the tokens. Dunno if I want that big of a grind again.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
We don't have a name for it, but in the Mirror Dungeon event you meet that thing, notice that it looks lost, and can either give it directions or stand still. Giving it directions prompts a check and gives the blue zippo lighter on a success. Failing the check or standing still triggers an abnormality battle. Not a whole lot to go off of. Looking at its design and abilities, it's clearly connected to W Corp. The abno is initially thought to be a lost passenger, but when you get the lighter, it's noted as being something that only employees receive, which seems to indicate that it's an abnormality formed from a W Corp cleanup agent.

Which uh, opens a whole 'nother can of worms. Abnormalities (iirc) are generated from the collective unconsciousness of the city and represent abstract concepts given form. So this abno isn't actually a W Corp employee, but represents the fear of getting lost in the dimensional tears that W Corp uses?

Is it ever explained what the Mirror Dungeon is, in-universe? This is just a theory of mine, but L Corp's fall means that its singularity (which is used to generate abnormalities) is no longer patented. After Ruina, a number of guests who know a great deal about the Warp Trains were returned to the city. Nemo already mentioned that W Corp is on the cusp of a patent war, and Tomerry and the other Love Town inhabitants are out there wreaking havoc (or at least Tomerry is). The secret that Warp Trains trap you in a thousand-year hell where you can't die but still feel pain might not be a secret anymore, and this Lost Passenger/Employee abno might be generated from that.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1655935383748898819

Here's "Lost Passenger" Hong Lu Corrosion.

Gosh it looks so cool.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
I love Hong Lu. He's a wonderful stupid character and I love that he get more recognition.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

red plastic cup posted:

We don't have a name for it, but in the Mirror Dungeon event you meet that thing, notice that it looks lost, and can either give it directions or stand still. Giving it directions prompts a check and gives the blue zippo lighter on a success. Failing the check or standing still triggers an abnormality battle. Not a whole lot to go off of. Looking at its design and abilities, it's clearly connected to W Corp. The abno is initially thought to be a lost passenger, but when you get the lighter, it's noted as being something that only employees receive, which seems to indicate that it's an abnormality formed from a W Corp cleanup agent.

Which uh, opens a whole 'nother can of worms. Abnormalities (iirc) are generated from the collective unconsciousness of the city and represent abstract concepts given form. So this abno isn't actually a W Corp employee, but represents the fear of getting lost in the dimensional tears that W Corp uses?

Is it ever explained what the Mirror Dungeon is, in-universe? This is just a theory of mine, but L Corp's fall means that its singularity (which is used to generate abnormalities) is no longer patented. After Ruina, a number of guests who know a great deal about the Warp Trains were returned to the city. Nemo already mentioned that W Corp is on the cusp of a patent war, and Tomerry and the other Love Town inhabitants are out there wreaking havoc (or at least Tomerry is). The secret that Warp Trains trap you in a thousand-year hell where you can't die but still feel pain might not be a secret anymore, and this Lost Passenger/Employee abno might be generated from that.

Abnos can be generated from collective unconsciousness but there are a couple that are just weird things origininating from outside of it(i.e All-Around Helper). There's probably been a lot of WARP trains over the years, it wouldn't be surprising if someone got out one time and got lost in the void

As long as they weren't a 1st class passenger W corp could probably cover it up pretty easily as long as it wasn't a frequent occurance

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was going to ask if people thought there were S2 IDs and EGO that were just going to be quietly added to the gacha and/or battlepass when the season swapover happened, no fanfare or banner whatsoever.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Junpei posted:

I was going to ask if people thought there were S2 IDs and EGO that were just going to be quietly added to the gacha and/or battlepass when the season swapover happened, no fanfare or banner whatsoever.

These EGOs are the coolest poo poo aesthetically, making one of them the cool EGO at the end of the battlepass is the natural choice.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Endorph posted:

technically we beat up a wolf once a week

Considering that telepole seems to be a reference to those experiments where electricity was used to make a severed dogs head seem alive I actually think this probably counts.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Ok this is my understanding of season change, the gacha, and the dispenser (please correct me if I'm wrong):

Disappearing from the Gacha, CANNOT be Dispensed for Shards, will return Season 3:
Season 1 - Orientation (Event):
Lifetime Stew EGO
RB Chef de Cuisine Ryoshu

Still Appears in the Gacha, CANNOT be Dispensed for Shards, will return Season 3:
Season 1 - Orientation:
G Corp
Ch 2 Gamble Crew (Tingtang Hong Lu, Jefe de Los Mariachis Sinclair)
Lobotomy Corp Remnant Faust
LCCB
N Corp

Standard Identities/EGOs, no change for season 2, available in Gacha and Dispenser:
Kurokumo
Seven/Liu/Shi/Zwei Section
Blade Lineage
R Corp
EGOs Added to the Extractor During the Season

Not currently available, will be in the Dispenser but not the Gacha, starting season 2:
Current Battle Pass EGOs

So anything good in the Season 1 set of identities, if you don't have it yet but want it, you should shard it before the season ends, but the standard identities/EGOs can wait until season 2 if you're low on boxes or want to save them still. And as KazigluBey points out, you can look at the info for an identity to doublecheck what season it is, it shows up if you hit the magnifying glass icon when looking at it in the dispenser.

EGOs are drawn without replacement, so as long as they're still available in the gacha, there doesn't seem to be a need to shard them unless you're actually planning on using them soon.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 9, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1656131670494552064

Hong Lu's new EGO's art, as well.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
man, ego corrosions look SUPER COOL and it's a shame you want to avoid almost all of them

just had a bongy boss fight that came down to the wire and Ryoshu and Heathcliff decided to bust out their corrosion on the correct targets

holy moly

even aside from my crackpot theories about kromer and nothing there, this is cool as hell

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

man, ego corrosions look SUPER COOL and it's a shame you want to avoid almost all of them

Just Overclock. :D

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
oh nearly forgot Yi Sang's art was also put down:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1655887696810901504

This really has me hopeful that WARP Rodion and Hong Lu (as seen in WARP Don's pre-uptie art) will get added as IDs, too, because the obvious conclusion of these is Charge support EGO for Hong Lu and Yi Sang.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
"I'm really annoyed with Blade Sinclair in the chicken dungeon and just pulled N Don, guess I'll blow shards on N Sinclair. People said he does a lot of damage, but I'm skeptical. How much could he really do?"

The answer, my friends, is a lot. A whole lot.

might literally fiddle around with my previously almost-perfect main team to keep representation emitter powered

Ariamaki posted:

I may be biased because I love Liu, burn, and Ishmael: Yes, 100% go for Ardor Blossom. It's gorgeous and hits like six freight train cars. Liu Gregor can keep himself alive just fine with Perfected Death Fist. :v:

a burn team is probably my next priority after The N In N Corp Stands For Nonsense; it's not QUITE there yet but even a janky-rear end current burn team can do real work

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 10, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Hong Lu's new EGO's art, as well.

me and the boys at 3am

Google Jeb Bush posted:

"I'm really annoyed with Blade Sinclair in the chicken dungeon and just pulled N Don, guess I'll blow shards on N Sinclair. People said he does a lot of damage, but I'm skeptical. How much could he really do?"

The answer, my friends, is a lot. A whole lot.

might literally fiddle around with my previously almost-perfect main team to keep representation emitter powered

Yeah it's hard to understand just how fuggin hard he hits unless you've seen it, because everyone assumes you're exaggerating

He also requires way less matinence when he isn't being freaked out by chicken mascots, in some battles it's actually a bigger pain in the rear end to lower his sanity than raise it

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Everyone's so excited for magical girl Angela, I almost feel bad for the shock they'll get when it turns out Roland needs therapy from the Middle Layer.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Hot drat, I plowed through Canto 3. Sinclair needs a hug. Everyone on this bus needs a hug. But who’s that Ryoji Mochizuki-looking fella? Hmmmm.

Now that I’m out of Limbus to play, I gotta go back and finish Ruina and hang out with my girl Hod.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Junpei posted:

Everyone's so excited for magical girl Angela, I almost feel bad for the shock they'll get when it turns out Roland needs therapy from the Middle Layer.

Wait until they discover Magical Girl Roland, who is closer to Satanic Girl Roland for some reason. It's going to be awesome. Especially considering the narrative.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'd argue people will be more mad we don't actually get Roland in Queen of Hatred's outfit and instead he goes more into the monstruous forms.

Thankfully Chesed gives us the Roland Dress fits we want.

mercurially
May 7, 2022

Gaining back pain stacks at the speed of light!
We DO get Roland in the Gold Rush miniskirt. It's understated, but it's there!

mercurially fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 10, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

mercurially posted:

We DO get Roland in the Gold Rush miniskirt. It's understated, but it's there!

A skirt is a skirt.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Kind of a shame there's none for Faust, Don or Merusault, though :(

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Wait until they discover Magical Girl Roland, who is closer to Satanic Girl Roland for some reason. It's going to be awesome. Especially considering the narrative.

Is there a gif for going all MY EYES or something like that?

Because I'm sure they'll need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Colin Mockery posted:

Ok this is my understanding of season change, the gacha, and the dispenser (please correct me if I'm wrong):

Disappearing from the Gacha, CANNOT be Dispensed for Shards, will return Season 3:
Season 1 - Orientation (Event):
Lifetime Stew EGO
RB Chef de Cuisine Ryoshu

Still Appears in the Gacha, CANNOT be Dispensed for Shards, will return Season 3:
Season 1 - Orientation:
G Corp
Ch 2 Gamble Crew (Tingtang Hong Lu, Jefe de Los Mariachis Sinclair)
Lobotomy Corp Remnant Faust
LCCB
N Corp

Standard Identities/EGOs, no change for season 2, available in Gacha and Dispenser:
Kurokumo
Seven/Liu/Shi/Zwei Section
Blade Lineage
R Corp
EGOs Added to the Extractor During the Season

Not currently available, will be in the Dispenser but not the Gacha, starting season 2:
Current Battle Pass EGOs

So anything good in the Season 1 set of identities, if you don't have it yet but want it, you should shard it before the season ends, but the standard identities/EGOs can wait until season 2 if you're low on boxes or want to save them still. And as KazigluBey points out, you can look at the info for an identity to doublecheck what season it is, it shows up if you hit the magnifying glass icon when looking at it in the dispenser.

EGOs are drawn without replacement, so as long as they're still available in the gacha, there doesn't seem to be a need to shard them unless you're actually planning on using them soon.

Funny, I got G Corp. Outis while fishing for N Corp. Sinclair.

BTW, is W Corp. a standard ID?