Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/1655990246507413522

lol lindy going full on golbin mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

He's not gonna go to Blackwood, I'd be absolutely stunned.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

ThinkTank posted:

The Leafs have been operating under the impression that he is a serious possibility as a UFA in three years.
So have the other 30 NHL teams.

I'm hopeful that the Kings may have a shot. Only one major contracts signed for 2026-27, will have the need once Kopi retires, may be competitive if Byfield/Turcotte/Clarke pan out (though I don't know at this point), its LA.

If I'm the best player in two generations and I pass my prime without a Cup, I am on my way out.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 9, 2023

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/1655989566824644617?t=cCBdhSrN_bsBtikIokpN8w&s=19

Sheldon Keefe with his job on the line, "I must start Justin Holl"

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Arabian Jesus posted:

Keefe put Holl back in and he was immediately burned for a goal standing at the blueline lmao

Also Kerfoot in the top 6 which has never worked, Marner getting top minutes even though he was their worst forward in game 3. Struggling to score and benching the only D that converted an offensive play. Sheldon Keefe is the epitome of “tried nothing and all out of ideas”

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There’s no way he doesn’t have hot brains, sure go ahead and throw him back out there…
:bang:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Sammy's been a gamer, but there's very little appreciable difference between him playing injured vs. Joe Woll's usual self.

I do think it's incredibly funny that nobody is suggesting that Matt Murray should come in, considering this scenario is more or less why Dubas traded for him in the first place.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

On Marek's show they said Woll and Murray were practicing and Samsonov wasn't on the ice at all.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Koopa Kid posted:

We are manifesting belief in corgi prognostication, Leafs in 5

Thing took way too long to get here but feels like good luck to me! This corg picks Dallas in 6.

might have to do some hemming before game 4...

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

I do think it's incredibly funny that nobody is suggesting that Matt Murray should come in

Who?

Oh, actual news:

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/1656007414460694528

Looking at the lines, my reaction is "who loving cares anymore". Brodie-Holl is going to get roasted.

https://twitter.com/JClipperton_CP/status/1656003691181219851

I feel like that reply would be more apt if he hadn't been such hot garbage in game 3. Also 1 and 2.

https://twitter.com/ABaumgartner91/status/1655996240461430795

This is what it takes to coach 1600-odd games.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 9, 2023

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Meanwhile let's look at the list of Leafs 5v5 xGF%, which for most players is not far off their actual GF% and slightly better than CF/FF%:

Player xGF%
Erik Gustafsson 64.64
Michael Bunting 60.09
Matthew Knies 59.51
Auston Matthews 59.29
Luke Schenn 57.06
Mitchell Marner 55.45
Morgan Rielly 54.96
William Nylander 54.69
TJ Brodie 52.12
Calle Jarnkrok 51.6
John Tavares 48.37
Jake McCabe 46.16
Noel Acciari 45.24
Ryan O'Reilly 42.69
Mark Giordano 41.15
Justin Holl 40.32
Sam Lafferty 40.14
Alexander Kerfoot 38.67
Zach Aston-Reese 36.91
Timothy Liljegren 33.93
David Kampf 33.73

Wow look at that, it's almost every notable recent Dubas depth acquisition sucking poo poo. Except Gustafsson who Keefe is scratching, and Schenn who is just baffling.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Dubas made the classic Ray Shero mistake where he thought having an overwhelmingly good top six was enough to just put together a bottom six of grinders but you actually do need your bottom six to score goals on occasion if you want to win in the playoffs

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

me yelling at my tv during the game

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Mitch Marner's "I don't pay attention to the noise" t-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by the shirt.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Dubas made the classic Ray Shero mistake where he thought having an overwhelmingly good top six was enough to just put together a bottom six of grinders but you actually do need your bottom six to score goals on occasion if you want to win in the playoffs

Ya you need to be able to mix and match come playoff time so the other team doesn't get to dictate all the match ups but you can't do that with a bottom six of penalty killers!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hey remember when Keefe said that his elite players didn't play like elite players when the Leafs lost to the Coyotes in the regular season yet again, and then the next day had to tell the press that he'd apologized to Auston and Mitch about it? But Mitch Marner's defensive comments about not listening to press sure make him seem like someone who isn't feeling the pressure.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm really worried the Leafs are going to trade Marner to the Flames for like Lindholm and stuff, so stop being so hard on him, thank you.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Thing took way too long to get here but feels like good luck to me! This corg picks Dallas in 6.

This is adorable

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

heehee posted:

me yelling at my tv during the game

:same: only with much, much more “shoot it, motherfucker!”

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Looks like the Devils will go 7D again, it's just a question of Bahl or Graves. If Graves can go it's likely him.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

This is adorable

:hmmyes:

you guys got good dogs

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Cocaine Bear posted:

Your dog looks quite a bit less embarrassed than Koopa Kid's

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

With good cause!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

AI models are really progressing quicker and quicker every day

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

T-Bone posted:

Surely he's due for a good game after saving -1, -1.38, and -1.34 in his three playoff starts...right? right?

I'm going to guess that tonight it's even worse!

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Sad for Vitek, he's a likable guy but he's been trending down for months and looked absolutely awful every single start in the playoffs

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Should've gone with Blackwood

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yikers

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

Should've gone with Blackwood

might get your wish in game 5

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Arabian Jesus posted:

Keefe's job is safe. They won in the first round.

Koopa Kid posted:

I do think it's incredibly funny that nobody is suggesting that Matt Murray should come in, considering this scenario is more or less why Dubas traded for him in the first place.

No, Dubas traded for Murray because Dubas is an idiot.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Fire Keefe
Keep Dubas

Headlines for Thursday:

Great Woll* (win) or Woll of Shame (blowout loss)

*of Scotia if it were not in Florida.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

No, Dubas traded for Murray because Dubas is an idiot.

~Cup winning pedigree~ is exactly what an idiot thinks when trading for Matt Murray so I don’t see where we’re disagreeing here.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

vitek vanecek's 2023 playoffs: 4.64 GAA, .825 SV%

6 career playoff starts & has allowed 4 goals or more in 5 of those games

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Starsfan posted:

The Stars and the Oilers are actually linked.. destined for misery it seems :(

**I can't remember if I posted it in here but the results of Dallas and Edmonton have mirrored themselves to a bizarre degree, with whatever the Stars do on the preceding night being reflected by the Oilers on the following night since the start of the playoffs.

Betting an irresponsible amount of money on Oilers tomorrow

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Should I cheer for Dallas because Pavelski deserves to win one or cheer against Dallas because Domi is an rear end in a top hat?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mr. Kite posted:

Should I cheer for Dallas because Pavelski deserves to win one or cheer against Dallas because Domi is an rear end in a top hat?

Yes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Kite posted:

You can do both and I won't hold it against you

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
cheer for Dallas because Leon Draisaitl deserves to win

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Will we ever know what goaltender interference is? No. The answer is no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

jsoh posted:

cheer for Dallas because Leon Draisaitl deserves to win

Your confidence on how an Oilers team facing more than two players that can shoot would fare confuses me.