Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Bip Roberts posted:

Just like people also think that Henry Hill and Ace Rothstein are the good guys there's a brand of weirdo who's all for Jordan Belfort

Ace Rothstein just wanted to run a legit joint and Nicky Santoro ruined all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

marshalljim posted:

I assume the op was mad about it being on DVD.

:hmmyes:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nerox posted:

Ace Rothstein just wanted to run a legit joint and Nicky Santoro ruined all that.

I'd be pissed too if my best friend blew up my car with my favourite safety dummy in the front seat.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Do you like Huey Lewis and the news? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square," a song so catchy that most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 9, 2023

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Quote != edit

Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now!

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 9, 2023

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's not like he had a boondocks saints dvd

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Epiphyte posted:

Would you make it so that those points only count towards the driver's championship?

I'd love to see some Lando/Max wheel to wheel

They're not driving constructors cars, so the constructors can't earn points.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Do you like Huey Lewis and the news? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square," a song so catchy that most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

absolutely timeless scene tbh

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Say what you will about Patrick Bateman but you gotta hand it to him his skincare routine was on point.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Monaco should be done in spec Miata

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

monaco just isn't the same without kimi retiring and walking straight from the car to his yacht

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

monaco just isn't the same without kimi retiring and walking straight from the car to his yacht

to be fair I've practically done the same thing every race this season and I'm only watching on TV

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

to be fair I've practically done the same thing every race this season and I'm only watching on TV

when are you flying me to the caymans daddy

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

by yacht I mean turn F1 off and start watching an episode of Columbo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

drat that sucks man

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

that's not columbo's catchprase

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ethanol posted:

drat that sucks man

Columbo owns dude gently caress off

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tony quidtana posted:

Columbo owns dude gently caress off

just one more thing: log off

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

No I will not log off

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Is it too soon to talk about when the FIA will mess with the aero regs? Will Nando still be in WDC form???

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
hmm

im gay

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!
lando norace

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Immolat1on posted:

Is it too soon to talk about when the FIA will mess with the aero regs? Will Nando still be in WDC form???

2026 at earliest, and maybe.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Bip Roberts posted:

It's not like he had a boondocks saints dvd

I love Norman Reedus' Irish accent in that film. Big Simple Jack energy.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Charles Leclerc posted:

How long did Raikkonnen go between race wins? I'm thinking Abu Dhabi 13 and Austin 18 which given they were both towards the end of the season a shade under 5 years.

e: poo poo, Riccardo Patrese at 6 and a half years. If you were to go on race events though I imagine it would be Raikkonen by virtue of the seasons having far more GP weekends now.

https://www.lightsoutblog.com/2023/03/16/the-longest-gaps-between-formula-1-wins/

Yeah I think you've got it there.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Charles Leclerc posted:

I love Norman Reedus' Irish accent in that film. Big Simple Jack energy.

never go full irish

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
the will.i.am f1 song is such weak pisswater
just absolute dreck that makes supermax look like a timeless banger
makes rob lowe's nfl hat look like tifosi passione

i would rather watch baku and miami back to back replays including the gridwalks than listen to it again my god

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Does anyone have a replay of the Logan sargeant crash that made him pit early?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Cirofren posted:

the will.i.am f1 song is such weak pisswater
just absolute dreck that makes supermax look like a timeless banger
makes rob lowe's nfl hat look like tifosi passione

i would rather watch baku and miami back to back replays including the gridwalks than listen to it again my god

anything even tangentially related to black eyed peas is fraudulent on principle

they are/were a band of talentless fraudsters. literally if someone went "what if we grabbed random people off the street, put them in a band and told them they're geniuses". you end up with people thinking it's clever to put ellipses in their name and be mediocre rappers

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Weren't they alright at the beginning

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

would you call the song formulaic

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I still haven’t gotten any interest in starting plan f1 podcast. I need someone who can do a British accent

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

The best F1 opinions on the internet are from rocketpoweredmohawk

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Sunk Dunk posted:

I still haven’t gotten any interest in starting plan f1 podcast. I need someone who can do a British accent

i can do a pretty good british accent but i) i have to be yelling and ii) i can only say things like "LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO!" or "AND THEY ARE WHEEL TO WHEEL RACING, TRUE GLADIATORS!"

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

the milk machine posted:

i can do a pretty good british accent but i) i have to be yelling and ii) i can only say things like "LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO!" or "AND THEY ARE WHEEL TO WHEEL RACING, TRUE GLADIATORS!"

We will have to work with it

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

Who is it now?

Best I think of is Piquet who didn't win between 87 and 91.

EDIT : Alonso probably already has the one for podiums, 2014-2021

Piquet is hard to like now but he was legitimately great. Also he won twice in 1990.

Frond fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 10, 2023

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

Yeah I think you've got it there.

Yes it is Patrese.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Honda Aston collab looking increasingly likely.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sunk Dunk posted:

an F1 podcast where the host has one of those indecipherable rural english accents would be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the milk machine posted:

If you also have early onset dementia and perspire like canned ham on a hot summer's day I think Brundle and Crofty could well be out of a job.