Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

FlapYoJacks posted:

Isn’t the inflation percentage compared to last months percentage? IE: If last month food prices went up 5% and this month food prices went up 5% then they claim food inflation is at 0%? I may be misremembering.

Good news everyone, the rate at which you are getting crushed is down!

Oh good! So we're being crushed less?

Well, no, course not.

So we're still being crushed just as much as before?

No, more actually! But the rate at which it's increasing didn't go up.

...This is good news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Your zoomer surgeon walks in and assures you he's watched several TikToks on the operation just as the anesthesia starts to kick in.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Doomtalker posted:

Sweet extreme rightwing propaganda, bro

dude's convinced everyone can keep eating meat indefinitely, there's no hope

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

is pepsi ok posted:

Your zoomer surgeon walks in and assures you he's watched several TikToks on the operation just as the anesthesia starts to kick in.

That sounds scary glad I'm on drugs to help me calm down

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

frankly i'm glad the zoomer is working on me, at least in theory they don't want me dead for the crime of not being a boomer
an entire cohort decided the world ends with them but we're supposed to be afraid of the youths

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Relevant Tangent posted:

frankly i'm glad the zoomer is working on me, at least in theory they don't want me dead for the crime of not being a boomer
an entire cohort decided the world ends with them but we're supposed to be afraid of the youths

until it circles around to why didn't genx/millennials/whatever do anything about it

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

dude's convinced everyone can keep eating meat indefinitely, there's no hope

No he just knows westerners should get all the meat as is our right damnit, it third worlders who will need to make heroic sacrifices for the good of the biosphere.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

is pepsi ok posted:

You see him do a dance in front of his phone just as you conk out.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

About time. Its honestly ridiculous how we have to gatekeep medical care behind ludicrous expensive tuition and extreme long hours just to get the chance to tell people "maybe it's just all in your head? I'll prescribe you some antibiotics just in case". Hopefully this will finally bring the waiting time down for patients

being a dr is very very similar to being a bad internet poster - just Google things and then tell your patients the results of that search

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

no annual merit raises for anyone at microsoft lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

veepfake posted:

until it circles around to why didn't genx/millennials/whatever do anything about it

i mean in general that's already happening there are a lot of zoomer memes out there yelling at genx and millennials for the current state of things

not that we don't deserve it but lol every generation is self interested and thoroughly brainwashed by capitalism so vOv

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

zoomer therapist requests your birthchart during intake

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

triple sulk posted:

hahah their earnings were up across the board
what the gently caress is the excuse

"pandemic" still?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dedollarization!!!

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1656290125880623104

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

lmao have they seen how currency unions without political unions go?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Ideally, we'll just get a conveyor belt with seats on them, like one of those haunted house ride at Disney. Patients can just line up and grab a seat then it will be able to move through the clinic/hospital where the doctor can give them a prompt and quick assessment then they'll get a print out to take to a pharmacy at the end of the ride.

It'll vastly boost the patient intake and release rate meaning there will be whole lot more billings done. That will vastly increase the profit to an insane never seen high which is great for stockholders!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

to be fair, no one at Microsoft has done anything of merit for a long time

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Bar Ran Dun posted:

certainly better than using a currency controlled by a hostile power.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

to be fair, no one at Microsoft has done anything of merit for a long time
that’s not true,

they made excel plotting worse.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zodium posted:

that’s underselling it

a genocidal maliciously incompetent hostile power filled with psychos with guns

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
president xi my country yearns for a 3000 degree baptism by fire. I’m not sorry

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Zodium posted:

How do the Greeks feel about the Germans?

and those countries don’t use the dollar for internal exchanges only international ones and not all international trade. they all do currently have their own currencies.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Interesting
https://twitter.com/lisaabramowicz1/status/1656307212921327617?t=BOfFffNZ0njD8AGBx-gAhQ&s=19

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Bar Ran Dun posted:

and those countries don’t use the dollar for internal exchanges only international ones and not all international trade. they all do currently have their own currencies.

i think the greeks regret using a currency controlled by a hostile power.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bar Ran Dun posted:

So the assumption is someone within brics will be doing imperialism equivalent to the usa or Germany?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Eric Cantonese posted:

I know nurses love to tell stories about all the dumb doctors they work for, but a lot of doctors have their own "nurses who think they know more than they do" stories too.

Doctors and nurses also work long hours. Everyone's an idiot on hour 10+ of the shift.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

So the assumption is someone within brics will be doing imperialism equivalent to the usa or Germany?

yes definitely and more effectively as they all would no longer had their own currencies.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Cold on a Cob posted:

i mean in general that's already happening there are a lot of zoomer memes out there yelling at genx and millennials for the current state of things

not that we don't deserve it but lol every generation is self interested and thoroughly brainwashed by capitalism so vOv

yep. you sorta have to buy into it if you want your family to live

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bar Ran Dun posted:

yes definitely and more effectively as they all would no longer had their own currencies.

Ok

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sokani posted:

Doctors and nurses also work long hours. Everyone's an idiot on hour 10+ of the shift.

That’s right about when the third adderall 30 mg IR kicks in for me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

That’s right about when the third adderall 30 mg IR kicks in for me.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Excuse me. The "Supercore" inflation excludes everything you have to buy? What the gently caress is super or core about that?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Hotel prices went down slightly this month, ergo housing is now cheaper. I am a smart economy guy.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

veepfake posted:

i will happily stand before the zoomer tribunals

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Excuse me. The "Supercore" inflation excludes everything you have to buy? What the gently caress is super or core about that?

It’s “super” at telling the “core” narrative that a bunch of “economists” want to push.

IE, if we cook the numbers hard enough, inflation is down. So turn the money hose back on. Pretty please!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Hotel prices went down slightly this month, ergo housing is now cheaper. I am a smart economy guy.

I wonder if cities negotiating with hotels to house migrants factored into those hotel prices going down.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Mr Hootington posted:

russia and china will certainly try, yes
multipolar world just means multiple imperial powers

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bar Ran Dun posted:

yeah that's why they want to stop using the dollar :smugdon:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

also we're getting a clean debt ceiling raise or we're crashing through it
unless biden mints the loving COIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Relevant Tangent posted:

i will happily stand before the zoomer tribunals

lol

let's just call it a wash and do what wild in the streets did. at least the olds got lsd in their concentration camps