Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Lot of character kit leaks today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Quantum Dehya

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf dehya would be very good if she existed in a turn based game

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The janky-rear end setups you get up to in Forgotten Halls 11+12 when you only have one healer can be pretty amusing. One of my FH11 teams was Fireblazer/Tingyun/Serval/Qingque and it still somehow worked out.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

tbf dehya would be very good if she existed in a turn based game

not only that but it has natural synergy with Destruction path bruisers (which dont really exist in Genshin), far better than a typical healer or shielder would

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

On the Fall of an Aeon - Destruction: Whenever the wearer attacks, their ATK is increased by 8/16% in this battle, up to 4 stacks. When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on enemies, the wearer's DMG increases by 12/24% for 2 turns.
Pretty good? Obviously designed for longer fights, at least 4 turns, but once you've hit those four turns you're hitting pretty hard. The weakness break buff is decent too, especially if you have a team that can actually break the boss consistently.

I got this one for Clara and took it to Supercalifragilimpositionosity 4 with 6 more Herta Bucks. It's remarkable on Clara because she can easily get 3 or 4 hits in the first turn. And on bosses I'm at full stacks. The secondary buff isn't as great because even if the enemy has physical weakness it's hard to be the one that consistently breaks it unless you're slotting Bronya. But sitting at 32%/64% attack in any meaningful fight is hard to argue with. But regardless, SS+ based not on it being best destro cone but the fact that you can easily refine it 2-3 times in your first week of play.

Has anyone had any luck in the Memory of Chaos Forgotten Halls? The second level has one of those Big Momma robots that does party wide attacks and summons 2 robots that detonate
in one turn. It's very hard to keep them from exploding and they do way too much damage to ignore. If I burn the boss hard enough to make the turn limit they will kill me and if I focus on them I run out of time.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
If they come out with guilds, I propose "Something Luofu".

In all seriousness though, I'm enjoying the game. I was really into Genshin Impact when it came out, but I have a problem finishing open-world games. I get that HSR technically falls into that bucket as well, but somehow it feels less daunting. The writing's not bad for what it is, and I certainly won't complain that there's no Paimon equivalent. I didn't see anything in the OP, but is there an SA Discord folks are using for this?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGsnHogMtU

Some crazy motherfucker soloed SU6 with Qingque.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I really like Qingque, but I already have Seele so it feels weird to invest in her...

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I have both qingque and seele and qingque is cheaper to build. though i think investing in both is good because breaking quantum weaknesses is really satisfying.

qingque is also significantly less ridiculous looking. i get it's an anime and the details dont matter but where the hell did seele find fabric that vibrant in the underground slumland.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Araganzar posted:

I got this one for Clara and took it to Supercalifragilimpositionosity 4 with 6 more Herta Bucks. It's remarkable on Clara because she can easily get 3 or 4 hits in the first turn. And on bosses I'm at full stacks. The secondary buff isn't as great because even if the enemy has physical weakness it's hard to be the one that consistently breaks it unless you're slotting Bronya. But sitting at 32%/64% attack in any meaningful fight is hard to argue with. But regardless, SS+ based not on it being best destro cone but the fact that you can easily refine it 2-3 times in your first week of play.

Where are those bucks coming from? I've been playing since launch, have cleared all six worlds on Difficulty I and World 3 on II, collected the point rewards each week, and I have 15 total. That's enough to buy one of Herta's cones and almost a second, but certainly not to refine it further.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Herta's shop has thingamajigs specifically for superimposing the shop cones available for two bucks apiece

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The thingamabobs also cost 2, so it costs 14 total to get to S4.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 10, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

I find March's shield-taunt more reliable than the MC's taunt, personally. MC can simply miss, or maybe get lapped by fast enough enemies so the taunt falls off. Or adds get summoned, etc etc.

Really? March's doesn't seem that reliable to me, though she gives drastically more shields than MC to whoever she targets. But Fire MC's taunt seems to almost always connect. Is it even practical to build a "shield-oriented" Fire MC, though? It seems like their shielding is just meant as a small bit of party-wide mitigation to aid in their support role, vs March who can actually provide enough shields to a single character to soak multiple hits.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Taunt shouldn't be a hidden metric. I feel like it should probably just always be 100%.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

my fire MC is pretty stacked and damage is almost never an issue with the shield they generate from just empowered attacks. I basically never use the skill.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You'd need to buff your effect hit to get taunt to reliably land through boss's effect resistance, while March's "taunt" is just messing with the target priority so isn't blocked by that ever.

I think it's definitely viable for fire MC to hand out enough shields to absorb AoE attacks and random pokes from adds. You'd still likely want some real healing to handle single-target high-damage attacks from the boss.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

I got torn on what banner to pull on.

Unless they drastically mess with her kit/numbers, Silver Wolf (in 1.1) is going to be at a minimum excellent and probably a significant defensive and offensive buff to literally any team. Kafka (in 1.2) looks like she’ll enable good DoT-focused teams, which I have a soft spot for, and also she’s Kafka. So two upcoming characters I want pretty badly, and yet I still find myself considering pulling for Seele more after losing the 50/50 as all I have for Hunt is Dan.

In other words, standard_gacha_hell.txt

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ayndin posted:

Unless they drastically mess with her kit/numbers, Silver Wolf (in 1.1) is going to be at a minimum excellent and probably a significant defensive and offensive buff to literally any team.

They did change numbers. A lot of her debuffs were nerfed both in numbers and duration, and her damage went up instead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the debuff nerfs seem relatively minor tbh

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Really? March's doesn't seem that reliable to me, though she gives drastically more shields than MC to whoever she targets. But Fire MC's taunt seems to almost always connect. Is it even practical to build a "shield-oriented" Fire MC, though? It seems like their shielding is just meant as a small bit of party-wide mitigation to aid in their support role, vs March who can actually provide enough shields to a single character to soak multiple hits.

March's taunt is an aggro thing, and stacks with other hidden aggro mechanics. For example tankier characters seem to have more inherent aggro, so she benefits more from putting it on herself or other tanks (like the Fire MC). The Fire MC's taunt is a status effect that has to hit, and even if it does it only lasts one enemy turn while March's lasts for the entire duration of the shield. That said, taunt also forces enemies to retarget even when they're otherwise locked on, so it's more powerful in that sense.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 10, 2023

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I just realized that I haven't even bothered opening up any of the other games I have in the past weeks ever since this came out

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

They did change numbers. A lot of her debuffs were nerfed both in numbers and duration, and her damage went up instead.

Yeah sounds like she got nerfed and Luocha got buffed before their real release and now I'm torn

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there any reason to do all those little quests that Pom-Pom gives you? They don't seem to give any rewards (but I still do them any time I go to visit him to upgrade my trailblazer level, just because). I'm guessing there might be a trophy related to them at some point.

Speaking of trophies, I got the trash can one for Jarilo! Good to know that I managed to find them all (at least for the surface parts).

Clarste posted:

March's taunt is an aggro thing, and stacks with other hidden aggro mechanics. For example tankier characters seem to have more inherent aggro, so she benefits more from putting it on herself or other tanks (like the Fire MC). The Fire MC's taunt is a status effect that has to hit, and even if it does it only lasts one enemy turn while March's lasts for the entire duration of the shield. That said, taunt also forces enemies to retarget even when they're otherwise locked on, so it's more powerful in that sense.

I also wasn't aware of the thing another poster mentioned about bosses being able to resist effects like taunt (which March's shield just changes targeting priority apparently - I'm guessing similarly to stuff like Sushang's "less chance to be targeted at <50% HP" talent).

I like taking both Fire MC and March just because of how tanky you can make the MC with it, but it's a big hit to damage (especially when you also take a healer). It's the only reason I beat my blind/first run of SU 4, though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I just got the achievement for having Seele take 5 turns in a row off some random support unit I set to autobattle. Freest 10 jade of my life.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

The thingamabobs also cost 2, so it costs 14 total to get to S4.

So weekly you can only get one Herta Bond from the points rewards on Simulated Universe?

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

realized during the final fight I forgot to ascend and level some cones so I was worried that going full abundance wasn't gonna be able to out heal the steady attack buffs Cocolia gets but Seele is just a monster.

Also lol, lmao, at the sudden jump in mat needs for 50 to 60. I'm guessing I need to wait until the weekly reset to access the 2nd difficulty tier for SU or do I gotta do something besides beat world 6 to unlock that?

Ghosthotel fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 10, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I've beaten World 3 Difficulty II four times now with Seele / Sushang / FireMC / Bailu, going straight Preservation and having FireMC tank through everything. Gepard's megashield remains annoying, and Elite fights can be nasty if your elements don't match up, but with ~1700 DEF on FireMC and the assorted Preservation buffs you should be able to keep shielding and let the Resonance do the heavy lifting at intervals.

The other three are not carved in stone; Natasha could probably replace Bailu because with high shields, you're not actually doing a lot of healing, Seele is there for general damage and Sushang's mostly there to pop white shields, so if you have alternative DPSers give 'em a try.

EDIT: Burndown worked on Svarog in 4-II. Sampo / Hook / FireMC / Bailu, full Hunt with Doctor's Robe. Didn't even get some of the juicier blessings.

delfin fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 10, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I really wish you could just lock in gear for different MC aspects. I'm not using it for anyone else, and I keep forgetting to change out stuff!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

FractalSandwich posted:

Having 100 speed gets you exactly one turn every cycle. Having more than 100 causes you to gradually creep up the turn order and eventually get an "extra" turn during one specific "cycle", and the higher it is, the more frequently that happens. Having less than 100 does the opposite. If it scales in a sensible way, 200 speed should give you exactly two turns every single cycle, but I haven't tested it enough to say for sure.

Good to know. I feel speed is probably on a curve. Like up to 130 it’s probably even, but past 140 it be like oh now you need 2 speed per to equal .01 cycle Sounds like speed is gonna be the high IQ end game stat.
Not only turns, but a buttload of relics/light ones/talents activate due to characters having a high enough speed

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 10, 2023

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Ytlaya posted:

Is there any reason to do all those little quests that Pom-Pom gives you? They don't seem to give any rewards (but I still do them any time I go to visit him to upgrade my trailblazer level, just because). I'm guessing there might be a trophy related to them at some point.

When I look at them in my quest log they do give a tiny bit of rewards. Like, a few thousand credits and a green xp item.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Good to know. I feel speed is probably on a curve. Like up to 130 it’s probably even, but past 140 it be like oh now you need 2 speed per to equal .01 cycle Sounds like speed is gonna be the high IQ end game stat.
Not only turns, but a buttload of relics/light ones/talents activate due to characters having a high enough speed

It's pretty flat. My Seele has 120 speed off her substats, so on the first turn she goes on turn 1 and again at -80. After she uses her skill, she goes from -80 to -50 on action order because her speed jumps from 120 to 150. It's just really hard to get higher than like 130 speed on most characters without temporary in-battle buffs. Even a Seele with the eidolon that gives her 2 stacks of her skill needs 134 speed in order to get to 200 speed, without that eidolon she needs 160 speed before her buff, so +45 speed on top of her base.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

the reason to do them is that they let you bully pom-pom

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Dinged 40 and raised my world level today. I still have a fair amount of SU and Forbidden Halls to do, and a couple quests, but I guess the binge phase of the new release is pretty much over from here, which might help with impulse control when I miss on a banner I want to hit. Looking forward to seeing what they end up doing with events and content patches.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

March's +aggro doesn't work well for me either, though now I'm curious what affects aggro in this. Does a higher defense/hp pull more aggro? Is it based off damage dealt like most games? If I could build March for taking more aggro I'd like her more, since I really want her to shield herself and guarantee the hits against her for both counterattacks. She's still great, but that's what would take her over into very good territory for me. I'm using her counter to break shields a lot though so maybe I'm just weird there.

Fireblazer just being build effect hit makes the taunt feel easy in comparison, plus the small but respectable shield with the -15% damage on taunt use is a lot of aoe mitigation. Also defense -> damage stuff is my jam, built Noelle as a carry in genshin way before Itto came out. I think speed will be something of an arms race in higher level content, so not too worried about enemies lapping and dropping the taunt.

I'm tempted to build Dan since I didn't notice he debuffs speed, which is gross.

As for characters to hold for, silver wolf seems the most broken character since applying an element weakness really unlocks using your most built dps on literally everything. Some luck involved but still. Other than that it's just filling the holes in your roster, Seele for dps, Luocha for healing, etc. Or style, because the game seems pretty possible to do regardless of character pool. If I didn't have Bailu a second team of Hunt, March, Destruction, Fireblazer would work, through the shield and taunt when needed on Fireblazer, have a destruction next to Fireblazer so when they take incidental aoe damage they can probably chip heal it back.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Fireblazer the more you actually build her the better she is. March’s shield is just as good from the beginning as it gets since it’s just there.
Scaled defense on blazer and the team shield is very noticeable. combined with -15% damage even if aoe attacks goes off, it will barely get pass the shield. For March it protect one person but the rest will take full aoe damage

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is the Earth in this universe the same one from Honkai 3rd? I know Welt is apparently from those games, but his profile just makes it sound like "he's from Earth" instead of "he's from an alternate dimension."

Speaking of Welt, I like his character. I feel like a character with his design would normally be sorta stand-off-ish, but Welt is basically just a friendly and helpful guy. I like how, after the events on Jarilo, he mentions getting sweaty palms at some of the situations your party got into, and needing Himeko to talk him down from intervening.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

When I look at them in my quest log they do give a tiny bit of rewards. Like, a few thousand credits and a green xp item.

Oh, I guess it just doesn't pop up like with other quests.

someone awful. posted:

the reason to do them is that they let you bully pom-pom

Clearly someone isn't reading the character profiles. Pretty much every single one says "About Pom-Pom: Whatever you do, don't get on his bad side."

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
There's base aggro for the paths. 150 for preservation, 125 for destruction, 75 for hunt and erudition and the remaining three are 100. So talents and bonuses apply to those but I guess there is still some dice roll.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Only thing I really want is another preservation that isn’t gerard and a real op debuffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

We're getting a top-tier debuffer in 1.1 with Silver Wolf, but I we're not getting another preservation unit until 1.2, maybe 1.3 at the earliest

berenzen fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 10, 2023