Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is schlammschlact the German for "bombshell"

e: it is "mud slinging"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

John Brown was born May 9, 1800

https://twitter.com/unknown_sm0ke/status/1656012684301672457?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is his body a-mouldrin' in perhaps a grave?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1656326879949869062

Lol that's gonna be an all timer

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jesus Christ

lol, everything snaps into place

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

lol, everything snaps into place

Well that makes sense

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Famously not racist Charles Manson

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

He's literally taking Manson's word that they're not a Nazi. I mean, why would he lie, really.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No see it's not racist because he wants black people to exterminate all the white people, then rule over the now pacified and satisfied blacks as their white kings.

After all these years I still have no idea what Michael Tracey's deal is, he's like a Larouchite or something

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
More like a Gobshite.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
don't judge him too harshly, maxine waters probably gave him severe brain damage when she stomped his rear end into the ground

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

don't judge him too harshly, maxine waters probably gave him severe brain damage when she stomped his rear end into the ground

Unfortunately I ran into his takes in the Ukraine threads and he was clearly the dumbest boy on Twitter (until Elon bought it), but this would explain how he got that way.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The video of what she did to him is chilling. Wild that she's never been held accountable.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Professor Beetus posted:

The video of what she did to him is chilling. Wild that she's never been held accountable.

Prior to seeing that video, I thought Zangief's ultimate atomic buster was a made up move for video games.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Don't let all this white supremacy poo poo distract you from the fact that in 1998, Maxine Waters threw Michael Tracey off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

zoux posted:

Nope, the Allen Mass Shooter. He's hispanic which is why all the blue checks are going "how can he be a white supremacist if he isn't white hmmmmmm" like Enrique Tarrio doesn't exist

https://twitter.com/EricLevitz/status/1655562972629024772

I think that these voters are just "morons"

this is my favorite type of dumb opinion

quote:

"No, but he helped get the Supreme judges where they are."
where in the process of being contextually wrong they accidentally say something that is both technically correct and a good illustration of the overall problem. biden was chair of the judiciary committee and specifically/personally worked very hard to *not* let anita hill testify so that thomas could be confirmed with decorum. it was only after they voted thomas out of committee that someone leaked the fbi investigation details about his harassing her, prompting an extremely rare re-opening of the committee hearings.

he was also obamas 'point person' on the supreme court so he gets to share a sliver of the blame for rbg not retiring.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No that one is 100% on rbg

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's hosed up that ageism only goes one way. If you can't hold x number of offices because you "don't have enough experience" then these swiss cheese brained fucks that cling to power into their 80s need to get gone, preferably ten to fifteen years earlier. Sorry Bernie.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

zoux posted:

No that one is 100% on rbg

Yeah other than ask pretty please it’s not like anyone but her (or the grim reaper) could have made her leave

Edit: Xpost

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 11, 2023

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I think two of those are supposed to be motorcycle cops.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Murgos posted:

I think two of those are supposed to be motorcycle cops.

Could be helico-pter cops.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thank you girlboss RBG!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The best thing about every top tier terrible decision in the history of the Supreme Court is how obnoxiously condescending they are towards reality, and by extension the losing side. Plus I'm pretty sure they all have at least one off the wall, absolute banger of an unhinged individual quote for future generations to marvel at.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You don't get to the supreme court unless everything you do in your life starting at the age of 15 is geared towards getting on the supreme court and the type of person that would do that is, well, not the type of person that should be on the supreme court.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Thank you girlboss RBG!

There is some real "The fox is in the hen house dressed as a chicken giving statements about foxes" energy in that quote.

"The federal government keeps interpreting the bribery statute in ways that would make what I do bribery so obviously it's them who are wrong"

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1658129364670717954

:yikeseroo:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
New York Times Opinion

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Related to but in no means in support of this, it is a problem that the political landscape of a large country has been reduced to (broadly speaking) three parties, one of which is dishonestly claiming to occupy the exact centre.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I am 99% sure that these are intentional trolls because the only NYT opeds I ever see are highly objectional ones being shared by outraged liberals. I imagine that they also lead the paper's annual engagement numbers. I'm not seeing a lot of tweets about the anti-tax incentives for businesses oped that ran next to the French Fascist one today.

I remember a few weeks ago a tweet went viral quoting one of the NYT's campus or trans panic op eds and the tweet said "Why do I have to read this oped every week of my life" and I'm like "Because you keep reading them and sending them to all your friends so they can read them because you like to feel outrage. You are the intended audience for this article and you engage with it enthusiastically"

The audience of the NYT op ed page is not conservatives, conservatives do not read the New York Times. You want to see fewer Bret Stephens and Bari Weiss columns? Stop making them go viral. The worst thing you can do to a poster is ignore them.

https://twitter.com/seth_hettena/status/1658192063094218752
Oh god

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 15, 2023

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
America's mayor

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jeebus bob posted:

America's mayor

This is like, cartoonishly egregious. If you wrote this character in a movie, everyone would say it was grossly over the top and luridly heavyhanded.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I too aspire to feel like, checks notes, Bill...Clinton? Surely there are better reasons to get a hummer while on the phone than to make you feel like Slick Willey.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
There’s allegations in there that Rudy and Trump were selling pardons.

I hope those 23000 emails get dumped online somewhere.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

zoux posted:

I am 99% sure that these are intentional trolls because the only NYT opeds I ever see are highly objectional ones being shared by outraged liberals. I imagine that they also lead the paper's annual engagement numbers. I'm not seeing a lot of tweets about the anti-tax incentives for businesses oped that ran next to the French Fascist one today.

I remember a few weeks ago a tweet went viral quoting one of the NYT's campus or trans panic op eds and the tweet said "Why do I have to read this oped every week of my life" and I'm like "Because you keep reading them and sending them to all your friends so they can read them because you like to feel outrage. You are the intended audience for this article and you engage with it enthusiastically"

The audience of the NYT op ed page is not conservatives, conservatives do not read the New York Times. You want to see fewer Bret Stephens and Bari Weiss columns? Stop making them go viral. The worst thing you can do to a poster is ignore them.

https://twitter.com/seth_hettena/status/1658192063094218752
Oh god
Given that you want to feel like Bill Clinton, these are all the right moves.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Murgos posted:

There’s allegations in there that Rudy and Trump were selling pardons.

$2 million each.

You'd want to commit some drat fine crimes for that money.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Remember when the fascist lady was the only person not calling for the cultural erasure of Muslims
https://twitter.com/danielzamorav/status/1360203303557226500

quote:

his whole line of argument during the debate was to prove he was stronger on Islamism than her
Centrists, ladies and gentlemen

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't know if the concept of laďcité has an anglosphere analog but they very much believe in freedom from religion en France.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Laity is the direct translation of the noun but idk about usage

E: nm it's secularism