Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So when cards are added to your deck it must shuffle everything because my iron lad tapped America Chavez after some rocks got added to my deck

That's because the location

quote:

Shuffle 5 rocks into each deck.

Chavez starts on the bottom but anything that shuffles will alter that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I would have guessed they'd just slip in randomly and not alter the order of the rest of the cards

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I would have guessed they'd just slip in randomly and not alter the order of the rest of the cards

How would they slip in randomly without altering the order? I don't think they fully shuffle, but randomly means one can slot in at the bottom

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

bad: I haven't gotten any interesting cards in a long while, good: I am almost out of boring cards to get

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Opopanax posted:

How would they slip in randomly without altering the order? I don't think they fully shuffle, but randomly means one can slot in at the bottom

Like 12345 add 3 rocks and it's r12rr345 not 53r2r41r

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So when cards are added to your deck it must shuffle everything because my iron lad tapped America Chavez after some rocks got added to my deck

Any cards added to your deck cause a shuffle. Subterrania? That's a shufflin. Vibranium mines? That's a shufflin. Opponent plays Korg? Oh you better believe that's a shufflin.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
In my experience all 5 rocks are shuffled directly to the top of your deck so that I draw all of them.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Youremother posted:

Once Annihilus comes out I think we'll see a serious movement renaissance. Giving move players a possible turn 6 guessing game instead of only windmill slamming the Heimdall will shore up a lot of big issues with that archetype

Heimdall is probably the worst move card. I never use him.

Sandwolf posted:

I think moves biggest issue is 4 spots per location means you end up choking yourself out rather than being countered.

I can never handle Multiple Man. Always screws me up.

My current move deck:

1 great thing about the Miles Morales and Stature package is they can just slot into a lot of decks. I'm testing a bounce version as well.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 10, 2023

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Walla posted:

I can never handle Multiple Man. Always screws me up.

That's because Multiple Man is the worst move card. You need to buff him with Hulk Buster or something and if you don't he just clutters up your lanes

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Multiple Man rules ok

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Multiple Man is cool, he just always fucks me up. I wish I could use him properly. I also really like Human Torch but every time I use him I see nothing but Killmonger.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
This deck is doing solid work for me. I know a version of it was super popular during the Sandman buff period. I tweaked it a little for me.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Leech
# (5) Sandman
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FuZG1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPZGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFYm9ueU1hdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVlY2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBzeWxvY2tlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I’m probably not saying anything that hasn’t already been said, but:

Most games play out to the end, which is nice. More cubes. It gets a decent number of retreats on 6, fewer on 5. Overall, it has quite a few options. It works okay if Odin doesn’t show up. Sandman is great but isn’t essential to win. Usually not a big deal if Maw is a dead draw. Don’t Wave unless you have to.

Interestingly, the card that sees the least play so far is Leech. Followed by Jubilee (!?) Maybe that isn’t surprising to some of you, but I still think Leech is a real solid card to lock in some games. So I wasn’t expecting to play it so little. I thought it’d be Psylocke for sure.

Anyway I’m still down in the low ranks because I just don’t have enough time to play to climb, but it’s still real strong y’all.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

crestfallen posted:

This deck is doing solid work for me. I know a version of it was super popular during the Sandman buff period. I tweaked it a little for me.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Leech
# (5) Sandman
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FuZG1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPZGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFYm9ueU1hdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVlY2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBzeWxvY2tlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVRpZ2VyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I’m probably not saying anything that hasn’t already been said, but:

Most games play out to the end, which is nice. More cubes. It gets a decent number of retreats on 6, fewer on 5. Overall, it has quite a few options. It works okay if Odin doesn’t show up. Sandman is great but isn’t essential to win. Usually not a big deal if Maw is a dead draw. Don’t Wave unless you have to.

Interestingly, the card that sees the least play so far is Leech. Followed by Jubilee (!?) Maybe that isn’t surprising to some of you, but I still think Leech is a real solid card to lock in some games. So I wasn’t expecting to play it so little. I thought it’d be Psylocke for sure.

Anyway I’m still down in the low ranks because I just don’t have enough time to play to climb, but it’s still real strong y’all.

That Odin/White Tiger combo is nice, I've been on the receiving end of that a few times.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Walla posted:

He's awesome in decks that don't signal that you have a move card at all.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

Red posted:

That Odin/White Tiger combo is nice, I've been on the receiving end of that a few times.
Yes, an early collection level staple for sure. Helps to cheat stuff into the Maw lane or other restricted locations.

The Doom + Odin combo is just gross for much the same reason. Even more so if you have White Tiger in that same lane.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

crestfallen posted:

Yes, an early collection level staple for sure. Helps to cheat stuff into the Maw lane or other restricted locations.

The Doom + Odin combo is just gross for much the same reason. Even more so if you have White Tiger in that same lane.

Somebody stuck me with Maw via Oscorp today! That was devious. Still won via Kingpin/Magneto.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

gently caress Arnim zola

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Someone help me, a dummy, understand why moving all your cards a lane is Good

Genuine question, I’m not super creative with decks and I’ve seen the surprise Heimdell wins take a couple times.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

Genuine question, I’m not super creative with decks and I’ve seen the surprise Heimdell wins take a couple times.

some cards (vulture, torch, dagger, etc) get stronger when moved.

other cards (kraven, etc) get stronger when things move to them.

also if your opponent's spent the game contesting certain lanes, moving all your cards at once can throw them off.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The best part about move decks is they get absolutely trounced by Galactus, everyone's favorite card.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea was about to edit to say I guess I know the basic answer of win lane your opponent doesn’t think you’re contesting. Just didn’t know why I’d want to do that instead of just play a better 6 drop. But variety and surprise is cool 😊

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just unlocked Stature, what's this big deck everyone is using?

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Opponent plays Galactus on Wakanda, and I know that means big boys are landing turn 6. I've got Shang Chi and Scarlet Witch in hand. I lose the game, though. What card ruined my game?

Couldn't afford Witch because she was drawn by *Baron Mondo.* embarrassing

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i think the only time i have ever seen someone deliberately play mordo (as opposed to x mansion etc) was after a turn 1 lamentis reveal lol

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Was just finishing up my 5 drop and 6 drop missions and I guess I have a card I can never upgrade now...

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Nothing feels better than dropping Goose on the only lane the Galactus player can play him and them waiting the full rope out on turn 5 as they figure out what the hell they're going to do.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Artelier posted:

Was just finishing up my 5 drop and 6 drop missions and I guess I have a card I can never upgrade now...

if you take it up to infinite the border might pop nice with the logo/name

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Just unlocked Stature, what's this big deck everyone is using?

this is the stock list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1O5nRRkuSk

that video predates the introduction of Nebula and you generally run her instead of Nightcrawler now (Jeff + Polaris + Zabu + locations/enemy effects make Miles consistent enough), but otherwise not much has changed

it's just a brutally efficient midrange goodstuff deck that has game into almost everything you encounter on ladder while minimizing your own exposure to enemy tech cards

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Think of it less of shuffling stuff around and more of it as you controlling lanes.

Remember things stack. Vulture gets a pump for each move, so constantly moving him is good. Kraven gets a bump each time you have him at a location someone (anyone, on either side) moves to, so combining him with Cloak is a good idea. You can also use Magneto to pull opposing 3 and 4 point cards to your lane, which Magneto will typically outweigh; and Kraven gets a bump for each one.

Think about Angela as another way to stack. Park her in the left lane, and Kraven in the middle. Then play Nightcrawler on the left to give Angela +2, then move NC to the center to bump Kraven +2 - and that opens up Angela's lane for 3 new spots, to which you can add another mover, or use a card that merges with her (like Hulkbuster) and leaves an open spot. You could also play Nova next to Angela, and follow with Killmonger - Nova explodes and everybody gets a bump - in addition to the bump Angela got for Nova and Killmonger. And, with Nova's death, you now have another spot to fill and a bump to give Angela. (Nightcrawler would go away as well, but his +2 went to both Kraven and Angela, so you more than even out.)

The twist, of course, is that you're gambling, but as long as you take your time and play the odds right, you'll do well.

Edit: If you're asking about the Heimdall gimmick specifically, they're probably using him in a lane full of Multiple Man/Vulture-type cards to a lane with Kraven (as an example), and they probably had Kraven in an empty lane while another lane had bait (Nebula, Lizard, etc.) that made you fill up that lane instead; their shift awarded you one lane while they took two.

Red fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 11, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Surfer Patriot (teched with Rogue) is killin' it.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Critique this deck:

This is my dedicated Kang deck, and it's useful for winning cubes, but I feel like it could go further. Psylock is a bit of an indulgence because I have a weakness for turn 4 Prof X, but a turn 4 Spiderwoman is still nothing to sneeze at. Should probably swap Iceman for Nightcrawler. Sentinel is kind of a filler role but it gives me a card to consistently play if my curve is hosed up. Juggernaut does most of the heavy lifting in this deck, whether knocking cards out of the Storm lane or Prof X has a lane locked down and Jugg secures the second lane on turn 6. Enchantress and Shang-Chi are both Good Cards, Jessica Jones has the obvious Storm synergy, and Scorpion provides a slight power advantage for lanes I'm trying to lock down later. What seems weak in this deck? I really think I'm missing something here.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Youremother posted:

Critique this deck:

This is my dedicated Kang deck, and it's useful for winning cubes, but I feel like it could go further. Psylock is a bit of an indulgence because I have a weakness for turn 4 Prof X, but a turn 4 Spiderwoman is still nothing to sneeze at. Should probably swap Iceman for Nightcrawler. Sentinel is kind of a filler role but it gives me a card to consistently play if my curve is hosed up. Juggernaut does most of the heavy lifting in this deck, whether knocking cards out of the Storm lane or Prof X has a lane locked down and Jugg secures the second lane on turn 6. Enchantress and Shang-Chi are both Good Cards, Jessica Jones has the obvious Storm synergy, and Scorpion provides a slight power advantage for lanes I'm trying to lock down later. What seems weak in this deck? I really think I'm missing something here.

To me this deck is screaming Spiderman. If you're locking down a lane on 4 via Storm or Prof X, then you can "just" win another lane by Spidermanning on 5. Add in Doom somewhere just in case you need to hit the Flooded lane or something.

If you want to lower your winrate more for probably bigger Snap cube wins, you can also add in Iron Fist for like a turn 6 Fist to sneak a 5 drop into a locked down lane. But otherwise, you can probably buy this month's pass and grab Nebula who's great in locked down lanes

As for cards I'd cut to put those in, I'd say probably Iceman and unfortunately Kang. Or if you wanna cut someone else, one of either Shang or Enchantress, depending on what you feel you need less of in the meta

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Spider-Man, sadly, is one of my most wanted cards right now. He really would be perfect in this deck, I bemoan not having him

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Red posted:

Nobody would mind if they got rid of the lovely bridge

My Hela deck is very pro-lovely bridge

Youremother posted:

Critique this deck:

Do you have Zabu? Along with Spider-Man, I feel like Zabu with all the 4s and Jeff with all the lockdown would be good additions and Sentinel/Scorpion would be the stuff I'd be looking to cut.

Since you don't have any 6 cost cards, America Chavez to more consistently draw everything else would be an easy adjustment.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

No Zabu either :qq: Here's my current pool 3 list, and I've got Knull, Thanos and obviously Kang beyond that. I'm still missing a lot of pretty decent cards unfortunately.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Youremother posted:

No Zabu either :qq: Here's my current pool 3 list, and I've got Knull, Thanos and obviously Kang beyond that. I'm still missing a lot of pretty decent cards unfortunately.

Out of those, cards I would consider for swapping are:
Goose - for a pseudo lockdown on a lane. Good if you're facing a lot of chonks, not so great if it's mostly combo or Sera
Rescue - decent-ish stats that basically threatens an 8 Power Prof X on 5...but overall I'd still say this is weaker than just playing Prof X on 4 if available
Wave - can be useful to trick people into thinking you're Galactus, especially if you dump your 1 and 2 drops on the same lane you Wave, then Prof X that lane to almost guarantee a win there. But susceptible to opponent's (probably bigger) drops and even combo pieces sometimes if they run Death or SHulk. Most importantly, you don't have Spiderman to follow up the Prof X play.

So to me it looks like you're about as optimised as possible already based on the cards you have! But maybe you can swap in and out the suggested cards as and when you get them, or as your common opposing decks shift.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Waffleopolis posted:

I keep tilting. I am still in the 30's this season, I keep losing no matter what I play. In a bout of frustration I deleted all my decks. I am honestly not sure what to play at this time. I don't know if it's because I have a high CL of 8,144 but I just keep running into decks that cream me. Maybe I am not playing properly. Anyone know of any videos to help improve my Marvel Snap gameplay or decks I should try?

Things get worse with high CL, I'm in the mid 6000's and it's a goddamn war to get to loving 40. Every match counts, and everyone is stingy with cubes because everyone is in the same boat.

If there's a new meta crushing deck it's probably effective for 12-24 hours before it gets shared around.

Oddly enough what made me push through finally was the old T6-T7 infiniaut/moon girl/shehulk/magik deck with nebula and sunspot tossed in, it gave me enough of an end game power swing to win more than lose and grind to 40. Now that I picked up Iron lad I'm playing that flavor of the week but it's win one lose one all over.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Youremother posted:

Critique this deck:

I would almost say go klaw instead of Kang for the professor backup. They almost always snap when they take your professor lane you were aiming for and hopefully you got a storm lane locked up

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 11, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Damnit quote button on phone posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Play doc ock into the right lane, if the stuff he pulls beats him play heimdall