Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

First half of the game was same old Leafs, showed real signs of life after that but I’ve seen too many terrible performances from this team to start earnestly believing now.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

hey now
the leafs have come back from a 3-0 deficit before*

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Biggest hope for the series is that whatever spell was cast on Bobrovsky is wearing off now and he can go back to being dogshit like usual

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Leafs have scored 2 goals in 6 straight games. So uhhh just need endless shutouts

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

While I can I also want to say the Panthers have no fans lmao

https://twitter.com/devin_heroux/status/1656437439815090178?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

THE GREAT WOLL
CURTIS JOSEPH WOLL

(next game)

WOLL OF SHAME

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Why aren't Leaf fans helping? Thought Canadians were supposed to be nice.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/sportsnet/status/1656520625161158656?s=46&t=N0fz65wLEKglu9TyofS2Yw

god drat lol. some one needs to beat Pietrangelo’s rear end

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Maybe 1+ game suspension for that? If Player Safety had a spine of course

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Propaganda Hour posted:

i dunno about a suspension. but son of a bitch needs his rear end kicked. nurse had a good one with Hague about it but you know that’s gonna stick in the craw of the Oilers until next game. refs should make sure he steps up and settles it or else there’s gonna be justified retaliation with the sticks

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Propaganda Hour posted:

yeah I thought that was textbook for the thing that the department of player safety was trying to eliminate out of the game.. there was that incident where Crosby broke his hand or wrist or w/e a few years back? They have to take action on Pietrangelo for that

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Considering that Nylander and Marner were the ones on the scoresheet, I have a little more hope in the Maple Leafs than if it were two blue-liners.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Koopa Kid posted:

While I can I also want to say the Panthers have no fans lmao

Always love to see tweets of people taking photos and videos before the game has started to say LoOk No FaNs. More tickets were sold tonight than there were for Toronto game 2, but maybe one day the Leafs will catch up and join the big boys.

Seemed pretty full from where I was sitting last week at least.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Part of the Oilers gameplan has been to aggravate and re-injure Mark Stone's back so I don't care about Pietrangelo doing that. Sucks that he'll be suspended for it but :shrug:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I think they already did, multiple times?

workrate17
Sep 13, 2007

Lessail posted:

Part of the Oilers gameplan has been to aggravate and re-injure Mark Stone's back so I don't care about Pietrangelo doing that. Sucks that he'll be suspended for it but :shrug:

Maybe the guy with the hurt back shouldn't be playing, then. :shrug:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm glad we can agree that "intent to injure" is meaningless here :)

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

hey now
the leafs have come back from a 3-0 deficit before*

Yea...

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

and they are legitimately tiny as a team, but they would be insane not to lock up Meier/Bratt for 8-9m. I'm not sure there's going to be a better use of that money. if they go out and get a Tom Wilson instead that would be...risky.

I'd be up for replacing Wood with a larger bruiser - I mean, lovely 4th line forwards are just as good at slipping in front of the net and skating around clueless. Personally I'm not overly sold on Palat's contract - sure he's good but not 6mil a year until 2027 good. Tatar has been awesome this year though. Not sure we should hold on to Sharangovich or Lazar either.

I still let out an audible groan everytime I see these two names

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It's fascinating watching Vegas and Edmonton alternate absolutely dominating games. This series is a bizarre game of roshambo.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pietrangelo absolutely has to get suspended for that. You can't have dudes skating across the ice to two hand chop someone like that. It's been a tough series with both teams targetting the others top players but generally in "hockey plays". There's no universe that's a hockey play.

Nurse is also gonna be suspended for a game so I don't expect Pieterangelo to get more than one but that should be a few games imo just like the Bunting one.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
he should be killed. anyway go the dallas stars

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao, bush league poo poo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m pulling for NJ to eek out a win tonight, but I kinda feel like Carolina is legit for a Cup final appearance.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m pulling for NJ to eek out a win tonight, but I kinda feel like Carolina is legit for a Cup final appearance.

Yeah I thought they were done without Svech but they still look great outside of goaltending

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Who needs Svech/Patches when you have Jordan Martinook?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1656671882937245697?t=QMS5x05DSuRk4wsVGu2IpA&s=19

Guessing 3 games

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He's gonna get a ticket

TO SIX FLAGS!!!!!

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
I guess it was sort of a late slash... I don't know, could be a hockey play, the lines are blurred.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He should get that but I'm almost certain he's getting 1 to match Nurse.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Show me that fine for the maximum allowable under the CBA

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He should get that but I'm almost certain he's getting 1 to match Nurse.
If we're talking about the instigator, apparently the league has the option to nullify the suspension, and I wouldn't be shocked if they did given the circumstances. I don't think there's been an announcement yet

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

shyduck posted:

If we're talking about the instigator, apparently the league has the option to nullify the suspension, and I wouldn't be shocked if they did given the circumstances. I don't think there's been an announcement yet

I am talking about the instigator and I'd be pretty surprised if they nullified that. Nurse knew exactly what he was doing.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
he should've speared draisatl in his dick - i think you're allowed to do that

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Pre-emptively trying to decide who to root for when the Devils get bounced tonight. I think Florida will be a fun one

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I highly doubt the league would judge it to be worse than Bunting's, which was worth a game before the 3x Michael Bunting multiplier.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mennoknight posted:

he should've speared draisatl in his dick - i think you're allowed to do that

Theodore also got a Penalty for that earlier in the game.

I went to bed once they were up 4-0 so i missed all the dumb bullshit.

Both teams combined for 111 PIM last night. They were at 134 in game 2. and in 4 games are at 279 They need to pick up the pace if they want to get into the 500 club.

https://records.nhl.com/records/playoff-team-records/penalties/most-penalty-minutes-both-teams-one-series-playoff

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

eXXon posted:

I highly doubt the league would judge it to be worse than Bunting's, which was worth a game before the 3x Michael Bunting multiplier.
I don't know, this was more flagrant and he went after a superstar.

Michael Bunting will be suspended for 10 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

EL BROMANCE posted:

Always love to see tweets of people taking photos and videos before the game has started to say LoOk No FaNs. More tickets were sold tonight than there were for Toronto game 2, but maybe one day the Leafs will catch up and join the big boys.

Seemed pretty full from where I was sitting last week at least.

woah and almost half of them have jerseys! jealous of this fanbase frfr