Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Orange Devil posted:

Conflicting but complementary theories... what?

Judeo-Bolshevism lol but he's not calling it that and there's a lot to unpack there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

every tasty drink requires an ounce of lime juice though

at least sugar is still cheap

I don't recall bourbon or red wine using lime juice but I guess anything is possible.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Xaris posted:

doomsday economics?!? no, DOOM loop economics!!

lol this rear end in a top hat is cousins with the guy who spiked game of thrones into the ground

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

DancingShade posted:

I don't recall bourbon or red wine using lime juice but I guess anything is possible.

a little lime in ur bottom shelf whiskey turns it into the nectar of the gods

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Glumwheels posted:

Sugar is not cheap, my parents who run a catering business on the side have said sugar is going up crazy (on top of flour and other ingredients).

well goddamn it

I did notice flour is getting more expensive, a 5 lb bag of unbleached AP is like $4 for a 5 lb bag (or like 2.50 if you buy the walmart brand) which seems like a lot for flour. I want to say I paid like 99c a few years ago.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

DancingShade posted:

a bourbon sidecar is a v good drink although a sidecar is made with lemon and not lime

lemons are like a dollar each where I'm at lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
also you can float a bit of red win on a margarita that's supposed to be really good but I've never tried it

basically any combination of alcohol, citrus, sugar is going to be good, maybe add something slightly bitter

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the citrus is important because it tricks ur mouth into ignoring the alcohol burn so u can easily drink enough to become felonious

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wine comes with its own acid

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

blatman posted:

the citrus is important because it tricks ur mouth into ignoring the alcohol burn so u can easily drink enough to become felonious

Felonious Drunk

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
gotta fix this trump situation….

*puts on RBG earrings*
*posts “vote”*

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

19 o'clock posted:

gotta fix this trump situation….

*puts on RBG earrings*
*posts “vote”*

:hmmyes:
this is the most important election of our lives

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, but it can still impact the economy to some degree because federal employees are spending less.

The MIC is going to be generally safe, but the Republicans may try to push cuts to Ukrainian war spending and some aspects of the DOD budget. In all likelihood there are going to be mostly satisfied with the traditional package of cuts they get.

They're going to undo the extra funding for SNAP and for the IRS and set up a commission to recommend raising the retirement age to 70 for people born after 1980. There will also be another round of funding for the Ukraine and a promise to build more f-35s.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Biden doesn’t have to agree to anything now after what trump said last night and he should pull the rug out from under the republicans and do something unconventional like the 14th amendment.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

Limes are controlled by the cartels iirc

The prices are also seasonal and go up and down like crazy every year even before the cartel manipulation

if we've learned anything over the past six months it's that eggs are also controlled by a cartel

seems like real estate is too

hmmm

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
supreme court will rule only republinent presidents can use the 14th ammendment re: national debt because they're fiscally conservative

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Glumwheels posted:

Biden doesn’t have to agree to anything now after what trump said last night and he should pull the rug out from under the republicans and do something unconventional like the 14th amendment.

he's a dem and doesn't have the spine to stand up to the chuds like that

plus dems like to make poor people suffer just as much

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

moral man and immoral society

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Glumwheels posted:

right except biden also wants to end entitlements just needs cover to do so

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor posted:

lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Koirhor posted:

(It’s true)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the dems are fine with cutting benefits they have done so multiple times in the past so its more than likely happening

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

the dems are fine with cutting benefits they have done so multiple times in the past so its more than likely happening
Clinton didn't cut welfare, he "reformed" it OK!?!?

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Paradoxish posted:

Everything is "cozy" because it's a magical word to make you think "ah, this isn't an example of wild and insane excess"

in house listings, "cozy" is code for "tiny and needs major renovations"

so it seems extra strange that BI used that word lol

Apr 7, 2003

another day, another derailment

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

another day, another derailment

If you talk about it you clearly want BUTT RUMP to DERAIL DEMOCRACY in the WHITE HOUSE with CHEETO GREASE, sweaty.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

thank you scrotus for making bribery even easier than it already was

thank goodness we arent a banana republic

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Train derailments are totally normal (because the tracks are all 80 years old and warped to poo poo, and no we won't fix them)

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Justin Tyme posted:

Train derailments are totally normal (because the tracks are all 80 years old and warped to poo poo, and no we won't fix them)

80 years is actually very young please take your age discrimination out of here

Apr 7, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

Apr 7, 2003

HallelujahLee posted:

thank you scrotus for making bribery even easier than it already was

thank goodness we arent a banana republic

lol what did they do?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Weka posted:

I think Google with ai will be a success based on all the most popular websites being artfully awful. It's what people want.

AI is so ridiculously subsidized and the cost will only get exponentially worse with future models. GPT-4 has a ton more room with the 8/32k token limits, but the API calls are already at the point where building on them might be prohibitively expensive and end up losing you money depending on what you're doing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I could see Microsoft needing to not give raises because they're losing shitloads of cash trying to keep Bing as a second place also ran and need to save every cent they're able

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol what did they do?

two separate rulings today

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-throws-ex-cuomo-aides-bribery-conviction-rcna68456

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1656663816804110344

added a third

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1656665678529851397

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 16:39 on May 11, 2023

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

if we've learned anything over the past six months it's that eggs are also controlled by a cartel

hmmm

oops all cartels

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you can usually get eggs from friends with chickens if you are nice to them

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

hmmm

And mushrooms. 60% of the country's mushrooms are grown by a cartel based out of Kennett Square PA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nothus posted:

And mushrooms. 60% of the country's mushrooms are grown by a cartel based out of Kennett Square PA

yeah it stinks

Apr 7, 2003

There's a big to-do around here right now because half of all the commercial real estate in our student ghetto is controlled by one landlord who is jacking up the rents and chasing businesses out. Lotta cartels going around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

like on Forbes ?