Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I do them because the little stories are fun, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I do them because the little stories are fun, OP.

Yeah me too, why not do them?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

yeah idgi they're so short and inoffensive

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

also IMO way less effort than "break 3 different elements in the same fight" or "spend 30 AP on a shadow node" or "do a run of simulated universe/hall of memories" etc.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zokari posted:

yeah idgi they're so short and inoffensive
i have ptsd from genshin making me do 4 of them every day which each individually take 5x as long

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I don't care about the short stories and the alternatives are almost always faster so I just do those :shrug:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but also i did them once just to see them ofc

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

in the end, give us 5gems for daily mission or 5 trail blaze exp for it at least

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

today's daily quest was almost exactly the same as yesterday's - teach a robot about the internet and despair at the consequences of that decision

you'd think i would get the option to teach it about literally anything else the second time around but no, "(teach robot all about the world)" was all I got to do

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Is it just me or is there just simply too many ice characters?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's like 5 or 6 ones that just loop endlessly and randomly, there's not individual ones for every day

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

too many upcoming electric

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

Is it just me or is there just simply too many ice characters?

theyre the most populous element at 5

phys: 4
fire: 4
ice: 5
lightning: 4
wind: 3
quantum: 2
imaginary: 1

ice is also notably the only element at launch with two 5*s

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I feel like half the time the game wants me to do something I don't want to that costs TP, or asks me to engage with synthesis or use supports so the daily mission is preferable to any of that.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Kale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrLEhla4S-Q
Actual loving achievement in a video game. When i first saw this achievement screecapped somewhere I figured it had to be a photoshop but nope. And there's people that insist that Mihoyo is steering away from any sort of otaku kink sex appeal stuff in their games. :lol:

hey at least it wasn't called "Stepped On"

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
imaginary:1 more like imaginary: √-1

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding the daily quests, there usually don't seem to be faster alternatives to reaching the 500 point threshold. There will generally be 2 or 3 100 point ones that are super easy (like synthesizing something or taking a photo), but then you have to choose between the daily and some battling thing, and the battling is often more time consuming than the daily.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
presumably you're actually battling stuff every day instead of just letting your energy cap out and be wasted, though?

like the battling stuff is usually things like "hit weakness breaks", which will just happen on its own when you auto battle

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I regrettably have gotten into this game, are there any goon friend code sharing things yet?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
yeah I'll smash out the synthesize/photo stuff right away and finish off the rest auto battling my stamina away. Running back and forth for the quest may take about the same time but can't be automated and isn't multitaskable. If you like the vignettes that's cool but I doubt it's more time efficient.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

once i hit EL3 i stopped really caring about time efficiency because apart from the daily chores i don't really have anything to do in the game. i need materials to build the right characters to do certain content and once you run out of side quests that stuff only comes in the long term. so whether the daily chores take 10 or 12 minutes doesn't matter much to me.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

JT Jag posted:

I regrettably have gotten into this game, are there any goon friend code sharing things yet?
Someone put this together, which should probably get added to the OP at some point? I've been checking it every few days and adding/accepting anyone who put themselves on the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nl-BKKPVO0BkBIi__H6wOISoQFJhULMSuSKPyZg7fSA/edit#gid=0

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I like how that despite getting capped on weekly points quickly, I still do SU constantly: cuz it's fun

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

UHD posted:

today's daily quest was almost exactly the same as yesterday's - teach a robot about the internet and despair at the consequences of that decision

you'd think i would get the option to teach it about literally anything else the second time around but no, "(teach robot all about the world)" was all I got to do

See I like that daily cause I got it after I did the space station quest chain with the robot and caused the pervious model to malfunction cause I informed it that it's existence was based of another person

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
does it matter for rates if i do single pulls vs 10 pulls? i know some games like to give a bonus for doing 10 pulls.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I'm at the point where if I run out of trailblazer stamina I just log off

I did all the quests, got all the chests, and did all the secret achievements. I could poopsock SU but I see no interest in beating my head against that wall until my dudes and girls are more upgraded. It's going to take several weeks to upgrade everyone's traces anyways

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I like the daily quests* so I'll do them even if they're inefficient

*other than the one about stalking the singer

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

does it matter for rates if i do single pulls vs 10 pulls? i know some games like to give a bonus for doing 10 pulls.

no, the only "bonus" is the hard pity of a maximum of 10 pulls to get a 4* or better - whether you do it one at a time, or all at once

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

i have ptsd from genshin making me do 4 of them every day which each individually take 5x as long

Also love main story but any side quest without a playable character in it might as well not be in the game for me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Also love main story but any side quest without a playable character in it might as well not be in the game for me.
eh a lot of good ones in star rail are about rando NPCs or just the world, i recommend them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i liked some of the inazuma sidequests in genshin but after the third chain you realize every single one is going to end with the reveal that the female npc who was leading you around was a ghost the whole time

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Not true!

Sometimes they're spies.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

eh a lot of good ones in star rail are about rando NPCs or just the world, i recommend them

I did a few on the space station and lost interest. I kindof liked the tell a guy the chick he likes is lost to time dilation and sending him off on a quest to chase her through time, could be a chris nolan movie lol.

The rest were bleh, but at least there are so many fast travel points in this it makes hopping around to do the quest so much better than genshin. Holy poo poo is the writing better/shorter/more to the point than genshin though, side quests over there are like ok, run around the overworld for 20 minutes during the quest, and spend 15 minutes smashing continue while waiting for three characters to finish nodding and slowly turning to look at each other, which hard locks dialogue continuing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hoyo's writers still like to get a bit overly verbose instead of getting to the point but on the whole Star Rail is still leagues better than Genshin in that regard. It probably helps that we don't have a Paimon repeating every other thing that was just said.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the car crash one and the aftermath between the maid and her employer was really long, but it was pretty neat

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I'm just tired of every daily mission for the last week being following some actor around for a creepy stalker chick on bael. At least each day has been a different activity/location which gives me hope its a chain that will eventually end.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

all my dailys is talking to that dumb giant marshmellow head

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I think if you get a multi-stage daily quest it'll give you all the stages before it moves on to another one

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Qwertycoatl posted:

I think if you get a multi-stage daily quest it'll give you all the stages before it moves on to another one

There seems to be a weight or tendency, but it's definitely not 100% because I've bounced around a bit. Or maybe there's a stopping point before some resume, idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jabor posted:

presumably you're actually battling stuff every day instead of just letting your energy cap out and be wasted, though?

like the battling stuff is usually things like "hit weakness breaks", which will just happen on its own when you auto battle

I am, but sometimes the battling stuff doesn't get automatically completed for some reason (even though I've definitely done the requisite number of Weakness Breaks or whatever). Or it'll be something like "do an Echo of War" at a time when I don't feel like doing a time-consuming fight like that.

Qwertycoatl posted:

I thought this was the case at first, but I don't think it is now. I've been sent away from people and then returned to them later. I'm pretty sure I haven't finished Wallace's "find me a friend" chain (only done 2 quests from it I think), but I've been given other stuff the last couple days.