Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Same, but I also drive a truck and like being able to conveniently get in and out of the spot. Especially because of jerks like this:

You honk at me as I'm getting ready to leave, or block the lane, or even worse, someone else in, I am not leaving. I will sit in that spot, eat my glizzy, check emails and even clean it out. poo poo I might even go return other peoples carts. Which is something I will passively aggressively do if I see you leave your cart somewhere other than the cart return area. You get to watch me grab your cart and stare you down. Unless you are an elderly person, or a parent with kids or something. In that case I'll offer to take your cart if I'm on the way in or returning my own.

Yea I guess it's no wonder I haven't gotten into a fight in a Costco parking lot myself. But we have to honor and respect our church or we'll become as vile and depraved as those that choose to willfully sin at Sam's Club.

i just ignore them and move on with my life because holy poo poo who cares im not wasting my time like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Praise be unto...uncontested parking spots?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

DamnitGannet posted:

Anyway I’m going to Costco on my day off to return it in a big garbage bag and I feel a fool. At least there’s a hot dog with onions at the end.

I, the patron saint of returning poo poo, bless your journey.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I just go at 7pm on a weekday and it is all the parking you could ask for, no lines at the self checkout, and maybe have to wait to get gas but not a huge line. Only downside is no samples, but small price to pay.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Hell yeah

And do gas last cuz you might catch it when everyone’s left after closing

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
Costco has the masterbuilt gravity fed 900 smokers for sale for like 650, trying to strongly hint at the wife what I want to replace my current smoker.

They also got some sweet kayaks, might snag her one for mothers day.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't have a car so my Costco orders are limited to what I can carry half a mile to the bus stop

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

you are 100% allowed to stay in your parking spot as long as you want. go back into the store and get another hot dog. wander into the tire center. get another hot dog. doesnt matter, its your spot.

taking your time and tempting people while you eat a hot dog? while it might be frustrating its still your spot. i had to buckle up the kid, make a phone call, and do a bunch of other poo poo one time in the car and this poor guy had his signal on the whole 10 minutes. sorry pal, im not on your schedule.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 12, 2023

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm sorry, but your car is the best place to eat a hot dog.

Some of y'all have done the risk analysis and deemed masks no longer necessary, I respectfully disagree and have decided they still are (FLTR masks off the Costco website, no less) for places like Costco where there are a ton of people inside a building breathing recirculating air. I'll take my lunch in my car, thanks.

edit: but seriously, gently caress people who don't return their carts. poo poo should be grounds for membership revocation.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 12, 2023

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I’ve been known to take an hour long depression nap in the car after scarfing down a few slices of pizza in the food court

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I'm losing faith :(

The last couple of trips to Costco they've not had any of the things I was looking to buy. It is pretty grim. Here is a list of the things I wanted which they didn't have:
  • Large bottles of purple grape juice
  • 1.8KG tub of jelly belly jellybeans
  • Spaggetti squash
  • Mangos
  • The kind of trash bags I like
  • Tito's Vodka
  • Assorted vegan freezer items

And the food court line was been obscenely long, so I didn't even get pizza :(

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Futanari Damacy posted:

Jesus loving Christ

Empty quoting this from page 170

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

mods give bird dick another 6er

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Bread Zeppelin posted:

What kind of fukken noob parks in an area where parking would be contested? Pros always park at the edge of the lot where it's empty and you don't spend 20 minutes waiting for people to walk past to get to a spot.

Have you ever lived in a city before? I've definitely had situations where there are cars circling around for any spot because the lot is totally full.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

yoloer420 posted:

The last couple of trips to Costco they've not had any of the things I was looking to buy. It is pretty grim. Here is a list of the things I wanted which they didn't have:
  • Spaggetti squash
  • Mangos
  • Tito's Vodka

We've replaced your items with the following substitutions:
Karo Syrup
Black beans
Spaghetti
Potato
The kind of trash bags you don't like
Potato
Meat

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

yoloer420 posted:

• Spaggetti squash
  • Mangos
  • Tito's Vodka

Sad!

They have stopped carrying or can't get the red cap contact solution which we were regular buyers of for nearly a decade. The worst part is now I have to look every time as I feel like it should come back!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Costco is like weapon durability in the latest few Zelda games, you’re encouraged to always be trying something new!

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
The birria tacos are extremely disappointing. Hot garbage really.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

mds2 posted:

The birria tacos are extremely disappointing. Hot garbage really.

They were doing samples of those yesterday and I had to actually spit it out. Not good at all.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

a whole lot of the stuff they sell at costco is horrible garbage, its like a trap in this way

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

The Saucer Hovers posted:

a whole lot of the stuff they sell at costco is horrible garbage, its like a trap in this way

The chicken tacos by the same brand are actually pretty decent.

I've learned to never by any of the prepared dinners from the refrigerated section.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

The Saucer Hovers posted:

I don’t know about a whole lot but there are some incredibly mediocre products. A few years ago I bought some frozen chicken fajita bowls or whatever they were called that were utterly inedible. I really wish there would have been a sample table for them because then I would have known to steer clear.

animedatingsim
Mar 27, 2022

mds2 posted:

I've learned to never by any of the prepared dinners from the refrigerated section.

yeah definitely

The orzo salad, in particular is really bad, the orzo is overcooked and its an acid time bomb ticking to give you reflux later.

The street tacos are unremarkable (and overpriced). Maybe the only thing in that section worthwhile is the chicken breast meat from rotisserie chickens, but its not hard at all to do that manually from the rotisserie chickens.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Made an unplanned stop at my local Church yesterday on the way back from working out of town. Picked up one of the caesar salad mixes, a double pack of mashed potatoes, a rotisserie chicken, and a case of Alani energy drinks since I'm about to finish off a case of Zoa.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I made up some chicken yakisoba stir fry from that section and it's all right. I also like the pot pie in pot pie season. I got my grieving friend a enchilada bake so they didn't have to cook and it was also a hit or they're just kind.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I want all the things that are in Hawaii Costco in Arizona Costco including the lactose free milk but mostly all the great snacks.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

iroc.dis posted:

Made an unplanned stop at my local Church yesterday on the way back from working out of town. Picked up one of the caesar salad mixes, a double pack of mashed potatoes, a rotisserie chicken, and a case of Alani energy drinks since I'm about to finish off a case of Zoa.

I wish my Costco carried the Alani drinks, I would buy the poo poo out of them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
seeing rumors on the internet that the caesar salad is returning to the foodcourt. :ohdear:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

canyoneer posted:

I want all the things that are in Hawaii Costco in Arizona Costco including the lactose free milk but mostly all the great snacks.

Hnnnnngh

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Ayndin posted:

Trip report on 4505 chicharrones: I’m not allowed to buy them any more, I go through the bag too fast. Bizarrely, even on sale they’re more expensive than the generic brand ones at Aldi’s, though I imagine they’re better quality. From like, swank rear end pig hide and not 30-50 feral pigskins.

gently caress you, I tried these and they're basically just flavored with citric acid and lighter fluid. It wasn't just me, everyone who tried some was taken aback. I like other BBQ or Hot flavored pork rinds just fine. I was expecting these to at least taste like Takis but they were beyond caustic.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

:bisonyes:
These too

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Better leave that parking space quick

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

animedatingsim posted:

yeah definitely

The orzo salad, in particular is really bad, the orzo is overcooked and its an acid time bomb ticking to give you reflux later.

The street tacos are unremarkable (and overpriced). Maybe the only thing in that section worthwhile is the chicken breast meat from rotisserie chickens, but its not hard at all to do that manually from the rotisserie chickens.

idk, the chili at my local store is actually pretty decent, I've bought it twice now. Same with their mac and cheese.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Gonna grab a large pep with a friend of mine tonight and poo poo talk other people we know :yum:

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

The parking lot thing reminds me of my few week stint in member services after hurting my arm. They had me posted at the door for 90% of it and I got to see a lot of weird poo poo going on in the lot. One day we had this elderly couple come in asking for security cam footage because they got into an altercation of some kind with a car that was waiting for their spot and at one point a knife came out and the couples tires got stabbed. I also saw people throwing punches at cars, honking matches, and yelling. It’s so dumb, there’s so much parking you just have to walk just slightly more to get to your car. I guess that’s just not worth it for some people :shrug:

The chicken ceasar salad is coming to our warehouse on Monday and I have mixed feelings. It’s being made by deli and then sold out of the food court, but I was told that due to under staffing it won’t be unusual for food court to go to deli and assist with prep. I’m pretty sure they will not be paying us the extra dollar for being in deli since it’s not actually our department. That said, I’m going to try it even if I think the price (seven dollars??) is kind of ridiculous.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

DamnitGannet posted:

The parking lot thing reminds me of my few week stint in member services after hurting my arm. They had me posted at the door for 90% of it and I got to see a lot of weird poo poo going on in the lot. One day we had this elderly couple come in asking for security cam footage because they got into an altercation of some kind with a car that was waiting for their spot and at one point a knife came out and the couples tires got stabbed. I also saw people throwing punches at cars, honking matches, and yelling. It’s so dumb, there’s so much parking you just have to walk just slightly more to get to your car. I guess that’s just not worth it for some people :shrug:

The chicken ceasar salad is coming to our warehouse on Monday and I have mixed feelings. It’s being made by deli and then sold out of the food court, but I was told that due to under staffing it won’t be unusual for food court to go to deli and assist with prep. I’m pretty sure they will not be paying us the extra dollar for being in deli since it’s not actually our department. That said, I’m going to try it even if I think the price (seven dollars??) is kind of ridiculous.

*breezes past pointless acts of violence*

"caesar salad you say?"

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Caesar wasn't known for the acts of violence being pointless, in fact the opposite

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ive only seen our lot totally full once

lead up to easter weekend or something

wwjd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

*breezes past pointless acts of violence*

"caesar salad you say?"

in the Before Times i would get 2-3 salads from the foodcourt and stash them in the fridge at my office for lunches for that week