Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay so I'm just about to hit 6k tokens. What the heck do I buy?

I have zero desire to ever play Galactus, gently caress that deck.

Yeah I would say if you want a card right now, Jeff or Iron Lad. If you don’t mind waiting, I think HE makes sense to wait for since he, like Patriot, makes a handful of base cards usable in a new way, and will largely have a deck around him. Jeff and Iron Lad are parts of other decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The answer is Galactus because a Big Bad is a Big Bad, but Jeff is the way to go otherwise

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Youremother posted:

The answer is Galactus because a Big Bad is a Big Bad, but Jeff is the way to go otherwise

The token efficiency is not worth being the sort of reprehensible scum who plays Galactus

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Jeff or Iron Lad imo but high evolutionary absolutely a valid choice.

I have Jeff pinned and will probably hit 6k tokens when evolutionary is the new card in the shop rn and plan to pin iron lad or Stegron after I decide there

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Galactus rules lol

All your carefully laid out strategies and plans go BOOM

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Call me dumb, but I'd buy the Master Mold because I'd laugh over the deck I'd make that exists only to aggravate my opponent.

"So, you like Sentinels, eh?"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If you play this game to simply aggravate other players might I suggest a single player game? Or therapy?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Playing an underpowered card to give your opponent more options (generally, unless they're skipping a lot of turns)

Master mold should be 2/4 at least

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

PlasticAutomaton posted:

also going to say Jeff or HE for the same reasons other people have given (and also HE being a big bad and thus the most efficient use of tokens since you don't gain anything by waiting)

Jeff is just the best general purpose 2 drop in the game at the moment and has a fair bit of synergy with other cards (Milex, Prof X, other lane control pieces, etc.) - I spent 6k on him and haven't regretted it at all

Iron Lad is good, but I don't think it's proven itself enough that I'd feel comfortable saying that you want to buy it at the full rate, especially over HE , the strong looking move-oriented cards coming next month, or Stature at 3k (the Stature/Black Bolt package being a compact and efficient include for midrange decks)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Good discard, bud.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

If you play this game to simply aggravate other players might I suggest a single player game? Or therapy?

I see Yondu/Scorpion/Iceman often enough I don't feel bad about returning the favor.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Playing an underpowered card to give your opponent more options (generally, unless they're skipping a lot of turns)

Master mold should be 2/4 at least

In all seriousness, Master Mold is funny, but probably not as big a dick move as Rockslide/Korg on cloning vats or Sinister London.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Sandwolf posted:

Ms Marvel Thumbs Up

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I have about 9000 tokens so I’m saving them for HE and then probably Stature

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandwolf posted:

The token efficiency is not worth being the sort of reprehensible scum who plays Galactus

:fistbump:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Red posted:

In all seriousness, Master Mold is funny, but probably not as big a dick move as Rockslide/Korg on cloning vats or Sinister London.

yeah, locking your opponent's draws out is funny but doesn't really pan out most of the time (at least from what I've seen on streams/had played against me)

he's mostly a Ronan enabler, which is fun and has been a borderline good addition to the DD handsize archetype, but as its own thing really needs more support - which could easily happen*, but I don't know that it's on a timescale where you won't just be able to pick him up in S3

*i.e. they introduce some sort of power-efficient S.H.I.E.L.D. card that does semi-symmetrical random card creation while simultaneously OTAing Baron Mordo into a 2/5 or something and we're potentially off to the races

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You aggravate your opponent by winning with a good deck and spamming emotes

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Sandwolf posted:

Spend the tokens just to starve the bastard of upgrades.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nikumatic posted:

Spend the tokens just to starve the bastard of upgrades.

This is an individual who would be king.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
3500 tokens. I have GalKanThan. Also made the reckless choice of picking up Iron Lad, because Stats + Random speaks to the Timmy in me.

I have Stature pinned. Should I pick her up, or hold out for HE?

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Walla posted:

Are you Dez in the game? Because I just played against this deck and won by 1 point because I got lucky with Wolverine.

That’s weird. My name in game is Dez, but I don’t have Nimrod or Galactus.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Push El Burrito posted:

It's very awkward because either you lose and you feel bad or you win and you feel bad because, man, they're posting on Something Awful. Who could have thought their lives could get WORSE?

They could own SA

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I think Master Mold is going to be good once more people have him. Dera is sold on him being a legitimate part of a real deck and that dude is usually right on these things.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Devo posted:

I think Master Mold is going to be good once more people have him. Dera is sold on him being a legitimate part of a real deck and that dude is usually right on these things.

This also just goes to show how absolutely dumb as gently caress the card acquisition model is in this game. Instead of being excited about weird new cards, people are scared to waste precious resources on them in case they are bad. And then two months later when they become affordable they're all over the place. Nobody was playing Stature at 6k tokens.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Devo posted:

This also just goes to show how absolutely dumb as gently caress the card acquisition model is in this game. Instead of being excited about weird new cards, people are scared to waste precious resources on them in case they are bad. And then two months later when they become affordable they're all over the place. Nobody was playing Stature at 6k tokens.
They really need to revamp the token system for this

Nothing should be 6000 tokens except for big bads and really good meta cards. Nobody's going to want to pay 6K for some of these cards that are very limited utility and would only be in one or two decks.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

They really need to revamp the token system for this

Nothing should be 6000 tokens except for big bads and really good meta cards. Nobody's going to want to pay 6K for some of these cards that are very limited utility and would only be in one or two decks.

https://snap.fan/decks/239400/

I don't think Jeff is THAT important to this deck, which means that the shell of it could have been around since FEBRUARY TWENTY FIRST. Jeff could be any two drop here and the deck list is still amazing. Nobody was playing this in March.

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
but at the current exchange rate from the beautiful beyond compare bundle thats only like $50 a card surely thats reasonable

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I actually unlocked Mister Mold out of a reserve awhile back. I didn't realize until now that he was still series 5, I thought he had dropped to 4 already. I guess he's my second series 5 pull after getting Dazzler awhile back.

I did put him into a Darkhawk deck and mess around with it for a bit, but it never felt like it was adding much. I was playing pretty close attention to the opponent's hand size before and after playing it, and it seemed pretty rare that it was denying them a draw. It's hard to say what it feels like playing against it too, since I've only had it played by an opponent a tiny number of times.

Would definitely be a good one to throw in if the double on-reveal location becomes featured, though.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Jokymi posted:

I actually unlocked Mister Mold out of a reserve awhile back. I didn't realize until now that he was still series 5, I thought he had dropped to 4 already. I guess he's my second series 5 pull after getting Dazzler awhile back.

I did put him into a Darkhawk deck and mess around with it for a bit, but it never felt like it was adding much. I was playing pretty close attention to the opponent's hand size before and after playing it, and it seemed pretty rare that it was denying them a draw. It's hard to say what it feels like playing against it too, since I've only had it played by an opponent a tiny number of times.

Would definitely be a good one to throw in if the double on-reveal location becomes featured, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyfgE2NLx34&t=154s

Collins goes over Dera's list here in an off-meta deck video. Someone can call me an idiot in a month when I'm wrong, but I think Mold is going to be all over the place when it hits 3k.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jokymi posted:

Did you use Ronan in that deck? Master Mold goes well with Ronan.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Devo posted:

I don't think Jeff is THAT important to this deck, which means that the shell of it could have been around since FEBRUARY TWENTY FIRST. Jeff could be any two drop here and the deck list is still amazing. Nobody was playing this in March.

fully agree on the card acquisition system needing to change but:

a. having played the deck before and after acquiring Jeff he actually does quite a bit for the deck in terms of supporting miles with something that won't die to KM and (more importantly) giving it some additional game into closed off locations/lane control stuff that it would otherwise lack

b. the zabu darkhawk package being good was known, as was stature/black bolt (even if the bad acquisition model meant few had Stature and precisely how good it was wasn't as widely appreciated), the reason nobody was playing that deck was because the meta was highly Shuri-centric until mid-April and that deck wasn't doing much into 26/30 power Red Skulls protected by Cosmo with a 4 power enchantress

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

LGD posted:

fully agree on the card acquisition system needing to change but:

a. having played the deck before and after acquiring Jeff he actually does quite a bit for the deck in terms of supporting miles with something that won't die to KM and (more importantly) giving it some additional game into closed off locations/lane control stuff that it would otherwise lack

b. the zabu darkhawk package being good was known, as was stature/black bolt (even if the bad acquisition model meant few had Stature and precisely how good it was wasn't as widely appreciated), the reason nobody was playing that deck was because the meta was highly Shuri-centric until mid-April and that deck wasn't doing much into 26/30 power Red Skulls protected by Cosmo with a 4 power enchantress

I concede these two very good points. I guess I had forgotten the absolute stranglehold Shuri had on the meta up until recently. And I know the deck is totally better with Jeff, but I think it's still an infinite level deck with Lizard instead.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Devo posted:

I concede these two very good points. I guess I had forgotten the absolute stranglehold Shuri had on the meta up until recently. And I know the deck is totally better with Jeff, but I think it's still an infinite level deck with Lizard instead.

oh for sure :)

it still feels good even post nerf, though I wasn't able to play much last night

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Devo posted:

In all fairness, this deck couldn't compete with Surfer, Zabu or Shuri prior to the nerfs. It couldn't compete with Leech Leader.

Stature debuted like a wet fart and most people wrote her off as a somewhat niche, maybe bad card. Miles was similarly ignored for similar reasons.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jeff seems like a good card that is actually reasonable for the 6K, but there are a bunch like Master Mold and Negasonic that are just not going to get the kind of use in decks to be worth that full amount.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Devo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyfgE2NLx34&t=154s

Collins goes over Dera's list here in an off-meta deck video. Someone can call me an idiot in a month when I'm wrong, but I think Mold is going to be all over the place when it hits 3k.
Thanks, I might give that a try. I've been meaning to play around with the card a little more.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just got Doc Ock and am now Pool 3 complete. I'm not going to hoard credits yet because I still need about 800 tokens to get Galactus or Thanos.

I also have all current Pool 4 cards except for 3: Shanna, Ghost and Knull. The only Pool 4 card I ever bought was Stature and that was before she was good.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I got Rogue and immediately won 3 games by stealing Devil Dino's ability :q:

e: forgot to mention the funny part which was that in every game I was trying to steal a different ongoing effect but they played devil dino with priority.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 13, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

sirtommygunn posted:

I got Rogue and immediately won 3 games by stealing Devil Dino's ability :q:

Yeah, Rogue is great in this meta. I won a game for 8 cubes by stealing Knull's ability from someone who was doing the Knull + Arnim Zola trick. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rogue is one of my favorites. I even put her in my bounce decks.