Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Lessail posted:

espn sure would be mad if the best two players in the sport continued winning. they'd be incensed. furious.

Crosby and Ovechkin are out of the playoffs, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

eXXon posted:

Crosby and Ovechkin are out of the playoffs, though.

and they're taking it out on poor little edmonton

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shocked to learn this is Marner's 50th career playoff game. Maybe he can get his 11th career playoff goal.

McDavid and Draisaitl's 50th could come in game 7 of this series, or game 1 of the next.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lessail posted:

espn sure would be mad if the best two players in the sport continued winning. they'd be incensed. furious.

Jamie Benn and Jamie Benn aren't going anywhere:allears:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Lessail posted:

No one outside those tv markets gives a gently caress. Also people in those markets barely care. Congrats on the business understanding star of the day.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

bettman will personally execute the edmonton oilers tonight at 11:45pm pdt

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I want the Leafs to win, but for the financial well-being of the league. You should too.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Lessail posted:

espn cares about the american audience because thats where the channel is broadcast. the playoffs are already a disaster for them; at this point the best bet for them is probably stars-vegas and florida-carolina.

TNT i'm sure is thrilled that their first final has so little juice

personally i think McDavid in the final would be Cool and Good, though

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Lessail posted:

only mcdavid hoisting the cup will grow the game. bettman wants to kill hockey

i already agree with you!!!!!!!!!!

though to really grow the game he needs to threepeat. that's the most growth that bettman will never allow. because he wants to kill hockey dead.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The only players in the whole drat league who are on Joe Pavelski's level for instincts and hand-eye coordination are McDavid and Crosby. It's like the loving puck is magnetically attracted to his stick.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Eric the Mauve posted:

The only players in the whole drat league who are on Joe Pavelski's level for instincts and hand-eye coordination are McDavid and Crosby. It's like the loving puck is magnetically attracted to his stick.

He also has the old man soft skills when it comes to position and timing where there will be like four 6'-5" dudes battling with eachother in front of the net and then Pavelski will suddenly appear in the middle of that chaos wide open 2 feet in front of the goalie with no-one else in arm's reach to put in a rebound.. Like I've never seen someone who is so slow get open so often in front of the other team's net and in the slot..

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pavs loving rules.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

eXXon posted:

I want the Leafs to win, but for the financial well-being of the league. You should too.

I want the league to go broke, who do I cheer for?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Powershift posted:

Arizona.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gently caress.

It's there a second option?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Powershift posted:

gently caress.

It's there a second option?

Florida and Vegas

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Knock-knock
Who's there?
The Arizona Coyotes

Why did the chicken cross the road?
The Arizona Coyotes

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Powershift posted:

Gary Bettman

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I want Florida to win and go to the finals so I can drive the 4 hours or so and watch some SCF games for like $50 in person.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LOL LEAFS

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Wrong thread, the leafs are in the loser thread

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

:q:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
i'll update the thread at the conclusion of the round

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Wrong thread, the leafs are in the loser thread

My bad, go cats!

I’m all aboard the Florida bandwagon.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why is Florida suddenly looking like a real hockey team after 82 games of mediocre crap

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Florida is out here doing the lord’s work getting rid of Boston then Toronto. Go Cats.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why is Florida suddenly looking like a real hockey team after 82 games of mediocre crap

This isn't even the most ridiculous example of that, remember 2012?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

they simply preserved their juice for the playoffs. it was all perfectly calculated, right down to the penguins losing to the blackhawks

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It’s goaltending, both the looking like poo poo before and now the looking good

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Is it actually surprising a team with a top-5 forward, the team that won the President's Trophy in the previous season, is actually good now that their goalie isn't playing like poo poo?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol leafs

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sergei Bobrovsky got that dawg in him

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I want to blame the refs because they were terrible and Big Bob played great but having 3 of your 4 top players play like poo poo and well bellow their averages is not ideal.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Not sure how many series you can win scoring 2 goals a game

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Not sure how many series you can win scoring 2 goals a game

It's one, they won one. It's in the Guiness book of world records.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
so, about this paul maurice fellow....

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

https://twitter.com/FlaTeamShop/status/1657218961518329856

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/1657225356628172800

:allears:

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/1657226690626748417?t=zOkKMIXkQlD63Z1myaW2xw&s=19

oh my god that face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

I thought "I wonder how many 'wow, real classy' posts are we going to see from Leafs fans about this" and then I clicked on the link. The answer is "a lot"