Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

just pulled Kang from a collector's reserve with 10 P3 cards left.

feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

I'm telling you, gang, put Quake into any deck that has Storm. Nobody ever, ever sees her coming and there are so, so many locations she can take advantage of. She's the dark horse in this janky Lockdown Bounce deck that finally got me from 70-85. I feel like it would only improve with Moon Girl and Dino but I love bounce nonsense so very, very much

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
This meta fuckin sucks. Basically wave and sera all the way down and sandman is too weak a turn 5 play now because sd is dumb as hell

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Trick to the 'meta' is playing a deck you have fun with and Enjoy.

Deck I am playing. Meta winner? No but fun mainly because it's using cards I haven't played yet.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
I played an iron lad that coulson gave me into lukes bar and it copied my she-hulk. There was no visual indicator that it retained shehulks ability after bouncing (just showed his normal on reveal text and no card behind) but luckily he did get discounted and win me that game.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Joink posted:

Deck I am playing. Meta winner? No but fun mainly because it's using cards I haven't played yet.
that namor variant rules

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Joink posted:

bold playing Attuma with only Armor to protect him. Tried Prof X instead of Cloak?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Man I miss leeching a discard deck with priority when they're about to modok

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I want a deck to basically troll people all day long. Is Goblin and Rocks still it?

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Fate Accomplice posted:

bold playing Attuma with only Armor to protect him. Tried Prof X instead of Cloak?

Attuma doesn't get played a heck of a lot. Namor is more power by itself when I have a open lane to play a stand alone card. When I do play Attuma it is with armor and the odd play when I feel it won't be destroyed.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

godogg posted:

I'm telling you, gang, put Quake into any deck that has Storm. Nobody ever, ever sees her coming and there are so, so many locations she can take advantage of. She's the dark horse in this janky Lockdown Bounce deck that finally got me from 70-85. I feel like it would only improve with Moon Girl and Dino but I love bounce nonsense so very, very much
I saw a quake to infinate you tube deck highlight a few days ago, but forgot to mark it.
So I googled quake decks and was surprised at how many "quake is actually a surprisingly good card" videos there were.
Video I was actually looking for is this one fyi. He made a follow up one with gameplay in infinate too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxmOtYSIcME

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 11:05 on May 13, 2023

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

GarudaPrime posted:

I saw a quake to infinate you tube deck highlight a few days ago, but forgot to mark it.
So I googled quake decks and was surprised at how many "quake is actually a surprisingly good card" videos there were.
Video I was actually looking for is this one fyi. He made a follow up one with gameplay in infinate too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxmOtYSIcME

Nice! Played them a few times, now I need to look and see if I got beat lol.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I love that quake deck but guess what I don't have

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Joink posted:

Attuma doesn't get played a heck of a lot. Namor is more power by itself when I have a open lane to play a stand alone card. When I do play Attuma it is with armor and the odd play when I feel it won't be destroyed.

I run a deck similar to this sometimes and Zero can help with attuma, especially if you’re also running maw

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Finally sat down and grinded out the games to get me my final 20 or so cubes this afternoon, so now I'm infinite a week or so earlier than previous seasons.

Tried out a bunch of different decks during these past two weeks, switching as my mood struck me, but this is what actually got me the majority of the cubes. Don't think I saw a single sandman along the way.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Wow against all odds you pulled it off with sera control.

And to think wave, one of seras counters, is in the crosshairs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Joink posted:

Attuma is a valued addition to my Knull/Venom/Zola deck

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Right it sure does suck when people get to play cards in their card game.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
My months-long project is at long last complete, so it's time for a DECK DIVE in celebration!

This is my favorite iteration of Toxic/Junk by far, though there is some room for ~improvements~ based on playstyle and what you go up against. Is it the winningest deck of all time? Absolutely not. But it lets you pivot and change game plans fairly easily depending on what you draw and what you're up against, and that flexibility keeps it fun for me personally.

Hood is here both for junk and points: your ideal draws will almost always have him in hand at the beginning of the game, along with either Viper or Carnage, but you can also surprise people late-game via Wong and Hood on turn 5 to have some cheap points to spread around if nothing else is going your way.
Black Widow is a strong contender for a potential cut, but I also feel like she might be on track for an OTA buff at some point because who uses her? She's mostly Carnage-fodder, but a draw denial never hurts. There is also no real substitute for Widow on T6 -- or Widow on Wong on T6 -- to make a confident Dracula dropper weep.
Bucky Barnes needs no introduction, he's here purely for Carnage and for throwing down on turn 6 when you have Rickety Bridge or Death's Domain.
Carnage is an MVP when you need to go in on building points, and is a great follow-up to Debrii when you throw a rock onto Hood, Widow, or Bucky beforehand.
Hazmat is the heart and soul of being EXTREMELY NEGATIVE of course, and is best dropped on turn 5 or 6 when you can properly card-count your opponent. Some of the sneakiest wins will be when you and your opponent will be flooding their side of the board and you can do the math of them having four cards on their side and you having one will triple Hazmat's effectiveness.
Luke Cage is often, but not always, a necessity to go all-in on Hazmat plays but is also just an all around great card to have in your back pocket for surprise locations like Quantum Realm or to stymie a clever Valkyrie play.
Viper is here for Hood and Rocks, but also for Widow or a Bucky when you don't draw Carnage but do have the Hazmat play. Always fun to have her when people try to junk you up too for a rousing game of tennis. The only appropriate and gentlemanly way to play Viper when Monster Island spawns is to drop Hood next to the monster, emote "I Am Confident" before you drop Viper, and then either "*Thumbs Up*" or "AAAARGH" accordingly.
Green Goblin is such a little poo poo. He loves Bar Sinister and Space Throne of course, but use at your own risk. Much like with Viper, best results come from taking risky plays because the psychological damage of them actually working is unmatched, so always throw him down when your opponent already has three cards in a lane! Especially if you have Carnage in hand as a back-up to failure. Along with Hood-Viper and Debrii, this deck is a massive Galactus Hate deck.
Debrii, speaking of, rules. It absolutely never gets old dropping a rock right in Galactus' face. It is always the correct choice to drop her on Bar Sinister/Sinister London, especially when/if you can drop Carnage to clean up some of your mess. Beware of Patriots.
Wong is telegraphed as hell like always when you're going for the mega-stack, but he can be a fun surprise in this deck via turn 5 Wong+Hood for 2 Demons or turn 6 Wong+Hazmat if you've already got Luke down elsewhere. If your gameplan is not going great and you don't have a better turn 4 option, he's also good to drop on a lane you don't care about -- I've gotten a decent number of wins just by throwing Wong out and watching the opponent snap as they rush to enchantress/juggernaut/cosmo while I play into the other lanes.
Typhoid Mary is here for The Points and is a good turn six play when you drop her and Luke at the same time. I love a T4 Wong, T5 Debrii+Hazmat, T6 Mary+Luke when it's possible. Also very fun counter to Super Skrull when he pops up to drop Mary without Luke.
Odin is along with Widow the most replaceable card in the deck and is honestly probably worse in just about every way than using Absorbing Man instead, but it took me forever to get Abs Man and I was already inking by that point. Most of the time when you're junking, Odin is a liability because you don't want to drop him on Viper and accidentally send him over, or drop him on Carnage and just get him eaten, so he's overall a pretty bad card for the deck a lot of the time! But when you can Wong->Hazmat->Odin it doesn't matter because getting an opponent's location into the negative hundreds on their Iron Man lane is galaxy-brain levels of dopamine. He's also here for like, Plunder Castle and "drop T6 Cards" missions.

Try it out if you like to be a piece of poo poo and make your opponents feel EXTREMELY NEGATIVE! It's a fairly steady climber if you're decent at snapping/retreating because a lot of folks don't always seem to realize what you're trying to do, and a lot of your Turn 6s will be untelegraphed unless you're going for the Wong-Stacks. It most likely won't get you to infinite, but it is a good time. It's particularly bad against decks that poo poo out a couple of Big Boys so it was absolute hell to play during the Shuri Meta and is right now especially vulnerable to the Stature decks due to potentially losing your 2 cost for a 2/4 T6, but it's still my favorite deck to play in the game by far.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This game kind of sucks until you're nearly Pool 3 complete. Now I can just make any deck I want, but that 2 month struggle where you're waiting on just 1 card to drop to have fun again stinks.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Made it to the 70s after starting at 40 and I don't think I've won a game since. Just game after game where the locations completely favor whatever deck my opponent is playing

godogg posted:

How do you drive this thing? I just pulled Quake from a cache and I think I have all of these cards. I haven't messed around with Bast or Beast and I'm not fully sure of the strategy with them

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

canyonero posted:

Right it sure does suck when people get to play cards in their card game.

In all seriousness Wave is fine, but something needs to be done about some of the weird ways cost reduction interacts with her. Also just find a way to shoot Turn 4 Galactus in the face.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Wave is fine outside of shulkwave/deathwave specifically

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Once again She Hulk is the problem.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

This is a rude response to someone celebrating they hit infinite, it’s not Shuri, it still requires skill. Congrats Odysseus!

Sera and Wave cheapen things but they both still require understanding how to play the game, they’re really not that cheap. You still earn the win, so, I don’t get the hate

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Walla posted:

This game kind of sucks until you're nearly Pool 3 complete. Now I can just make any deck I want, but that 2 month struggle where you're waiting on just 1 card to drop to have fun again stinks.

Yeah I’m struggling to work up the enthusiasm to even Agatha my dailies. Missed the last week or so.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Sandwolf posted:

This is a rude response to someone celebrating they hit infinite, it’s not Shuri, it still requires skill. Congrats Odysseus!

Sera and Wave cheapen things but they both still require understanding how to play the game, they’re really not that cheap. You still earn the win, so, I don’t get the hate
Agreed, no matter how good your deck is, it's hard to beat other players, especially in the 70+ brackets. Congrats on Infinite!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Just ran into what appeared to be a standard move deck until they dropped Magik into Galactus. God I can't wait to get that card, I've been having awful luck recently.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sandwolf posted:

You're right I approached this wrong

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sandwolf posted:

I'll add my voice to this chorus. There's too much hate and anger in this thread and in the community, and there really shouldn't be. Infinite is difficult to hit, and it seems harder now that a number of cheap and easy wins have been removed.

I've yet to hit Infinite. It seems hard.

Edit: Not trying to pile on, I just want to find ways to keep the game fun.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You're right I approached this wrong

We’re all pals in the Something Awful Marvel Snap community except Galactus players

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Anyone want to do battle mode? Sealed draft, Pool 3 only?

https://www.marvelsnapdraft.com/

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Youremother posted:

Once again She Hulk is the problem.

She does seem a staple of several broken decks. Not as the key, but as the finisher.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I've mostly been playing to complete quests, but I got up to 98 this morning and decided to just grind out the final 20 cubes.

Walla posted:

Anyone want to do battle mode? Sealed draft, Pool 3 only?

https://www.marvelsnapdraft.com/

Sure, I'd be happy to! Got the deck drafted, just need a room code.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

uXs posted:

She does seem a staple of several broken decks. Not as the key, but as the finisher.

But there are now more options to compete with She Hulk Deathwave, thanks to Stature and Miles. Sera means you can play 2 cards after Wave. So does Zabu. Zabu Sera let's you play 3, or Sera Quinjet. Ramp counters ramp.

I've seen a lot more Black Bolt and Stature than She Hulk and Doom.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I've mostly been playing to complete quests, but I got up to 98 this morning and decided to just grind out the final 20 cubes.

Sure, I'd be happy to! Got the deck drafted, just need a room code.

Let's go!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That Iron Man destroyed me. GG.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
This was fun! Good game!

Ended up as a third round victory for me, after we both snapped in both round 2 and 3

Sealed is kind of sick in trying out which synergy packages to actually run, definitely scratches that MtG limited itch

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Speaking of negativity, this thread and my losing streak made me try something new. It got me back from 58 into the 60s again. It's my first run on Mr. Negative (even though I've had this rad variant for months) so I'm open to suggestions. It has a lot of options, sometimes I end up just destroying their side with Wong Mystique Gambit, sometimes it's Negative Iron Man and Friends, just luck of the draw what direction it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Pulled knull out of a reserve but don't seem to have any of the other cards that really enable him. Been feeling like my dino/shill/moon girl/aero deck isn't putting out enough power in the current meta. Aero just generally seems like a dead draw now in most cases and i know enchantress/Cosmo/shang chi is Too Much Tech but I'm not really sure what can spice this up for more power.