Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

the color scheme on this reminds me of the 40 Year Old Virgin poster, but specifically the goon photoshop version that crosses over with Kong Skull Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/ThatSamWinkler/status/1657154071051239424?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel like that should probably be illegal.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It probably is, that wasn’t the smartest thing to do. All they would have had to do is make it more cartoony.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Or just put it around a real extinguisher

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Wouldn't that be a deadly weapon to the fire lady? I guess so would the water guy but maybe if he douses himself in oil they can be together.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sourdough Sam posted:

Wouldn't that be a deadly weapon to the fire lady? I guess so would the water guy but maybe if he douses himself in oil they can be together.

yeah thats basically a nice guy with a loaded gun*, and shes obviously not into that

* charitably he could be a guy standing very close to a gun store in order to look nice

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The only thing that stops a bad water elemental with a fire extinguisher is a good water elemental with a fire extinguisher

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Or just put it around a real extinguisher

I wouldn't be surprised if that was also illegal because it might make it seem like part of an exhibit during an emergency. The whole thing is just badly conceived. Don't involve safety stuff in marketing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Sourdough Sam posted:

I'm starting to think the whole movie was poorly conceived.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Angepain posted:

The only thing that stops a bad water elemental with a fire extinguisher is a good fire elemental with a water igniter

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I'm starting to think the whole movie was poorly conceived.

Just like the two main characters will be doing when they hook up.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oldboy 2: Oldmen

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Simu Liu be in a movie that doesn't look like a fake movie that exists inside a real movie challenge.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That guy on the left looks like Paul Rudd's stunt double

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

FlamingLiberal posted:

Nah, Rudds stunt double/long lost twin is Eion Bailey. Currently starring in the second season of From. He was also in Band of Brothers, and I'm pretty sure I just thought he was Rudd when I watched it way back.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Buzz feed studios?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

He looks like someone smashed together Paul Rudd and Ike Barinholtz.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mantis42 posted:

Oldboy 2: Oldmen

Oldboyz II Men

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bad Oldboys For Life

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

Bad Oldboys For Life

poo poo just got old

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Every thing they release makes it look worse and worse :/

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I only ever watched the first movie and it was pretty tough to get through. I understand that they get worse from there which is honestly impressive.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I still have no idea whether they were always here impersonating things or like why they impersonate machinery? After like 40 years you'd think I would know but I still have no idea.

Why does a robot transform into a giant robot gorilla

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

kiimo posted:

To sell toys.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If it's anything like the Beast Wars show it's because they arrived on Earth before there was cars and all there was was animals

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Woebin posted:

To sell toys.

why don't they just build a giant slingshot into mt doom

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Would be great if they got another reluctant legendary near-death actor to play Unicron again.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sourdough Sam posted:

Would be great if they got another reluctant legendary near-death actor to play Unicron again.

That's right, Tim Curry is coming out of retirement

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Gripweed posted:

Simu Liu be in a movie that doesn't look like a fake movie that exists inside a real movie challenge.

This looks like the Asylum version of Past Lives

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Every thing they release makes it look worse and worse :/

Allegedly the VFX team for his movie had to work from scratch as ILM was making the animated movie Transformers One due in 2024.

kiimo posted:

I still have no idea whether they were always here impersonating things or like why they impersonate machinery? After like 40 years you'd think I would know but I still have no idea.

Because of King Kong. Originally Optimus Primal was a bat and Megatron was an alligator. They became gorilla and T.rex probably because they figured it's more exciting and King Kong is a cool thing to reference.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 16, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I am unspeakably excited for the Bai Lingaissance

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How exactly does Mel Novak rate above the title? Are there no other people in the movie?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

Tom sizemore’s last role as the ape

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Tom sizemore’s last role as the ape

They think the ape should be played by someone with more size.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Gripweed posted:

Was looking that up and was reminded that’s not even the sole giant ape related mockbuster coming out this year

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Is Tom Arnold the Ape or the Mecha Ape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

spanky the dolphin posted:

Is Tom Arnold the Ape or the Mecha Ape?

Played both. There was a lot of split screen used. Fun fact! The model city he destroyed was actually built in his bedroom as he only agreed to do it if he didn't have to leave his room.

(it's also why both Ape and Mecha ape only ever wear identical dressing gowns.)

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 16, 2023