Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Xaris posted:

not bad yet. sabre and linkedin is the only major big one. never heard of sabre but i guess its some big airline tech services thingy?

also probably not a good sign that ad-tech seems to be deflating if even akami is poppin'

Cognizant has 355,000 employees? wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

This thread is useless now any way. Just close or gas.

Id like a thread where people can post ISM reports, Prof. Wolff analysis, international trade news & IMF/debt deets etc. info. but all the people who post 5000 pages about regional north american real estate speculation and stock market updates is extremely fail.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Political Economy Megathread. Mayhaps?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

In Training posted:

Id like a thread where people can post ISM reports, Prof. Wolff analysis, international trade news & IMF/debt deets etc. info. but all the people who post 5000 pages about regional north american real estate speculation and stock market updates is extremely fail.

Is there an AI/ShitTech thread?

https://twitter.com/marvinvonhagen/status/1657060506371346432?t=xbbqq1cVz_lzSz50kWOWag&s=19

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

In Training posted:

I'd buy that for a dollar

Father Wendigo posted:

Is there an AI/ShitTech thread?

literally yes

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Maed posted:

Cognizant has 355,000 employees? wtf

yeah all the big IT outsourcing and body shops are gigantic. I think TCS has like half a million employees

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

loving lol this is good poo poo.

the last "standard" they came up with is it can't be bribery if you don't have a signed and notarized legal document saying "I will illegally shift government bids to you in exchange for one (1) large sack of money with a gigantic dollar sign printed on the side"

Now it's "actually that was too strict, go hogge wild you can't be convicted for taking bribes no matter what you do"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

In Training posted:

Yeah!
De-dollerization thread doesn't have enough subject matter.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Xaris posted:

not bad yet. sabre and linkedin is the only major big one. never heard of sabre but i guess its some big airline tech services thingy?

also probably not a good sign that ad-tech seems to be deflating if even akami is poppin'

Shits hosed at my company. They've had us on mandatory OT since covid and now the past two weeks there is barely any work. Like layoff worthy lack of work.

Unrelated

quote:

U.S. corporate bankruptcies are rising in 2023, with the first two months of the year registering the highest total for any comparable period since 2011, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence data.

err has issued a correction as of 08:05 on May 13, 2023

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

In Training posted:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you can post threads

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I mean they are tied together, but you can either hype up bubbles/crashes or see they are simply side outgrowths of a much larger complex system.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

fanfic insert posted:

so we're calling high frequency trading AI now?

AlgoTrading is the term now i believe

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
epidemic of empty office buildings is gonna live in my brain this weekend

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor posted:

If it helps think of it as more a tsunami of loans backed by commercial real estate that are going to be called in.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Koirhor posted:

rent free

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

anime was right posted:

you can post threads

Unbelievable. Are you implying that anyone can just post a new thread!?!? Hasn’t anyone thought about the consequences to give such power to posters???

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If we allow just anyone to make new threads that will dilute the value of existing threads and risk thread-backed commercial loans being called in. This is a very serious topic.

We need to get posters back to their original threads to shore up the value of each thread. The time of remote posting in threads about other threads is over, everyone has to get back to their original thread by Monday week.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Treasury Has Just $88 Billion of Measures Left to Avoid Debt Cap

U.S. can avoid default in July if Treasury can make it through June cash crunch, Congressional Budget Office says

Three days left in May to make it happen or the dice is getting rolled on weather the government has the money to get to June 15th's incoming tax revenues.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Hirsute posted:

Uh no it's the Mandela effect, so named because a lot of people think Nelson Mandela died in prison for some reason and are surprised when they learn they were wrong the whole time

Personal theory: the Mandela effect is alternate reality bleeding into our own in the weirdest of ways. In some other multiverse, Nelson Mandela really did die in prison and Trump went to prison instead of becoming president.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

In Training posted:

just start the thread

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Yeah, and they are worse then this one ever is

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

OhFunny posted:

U.S. can avoid default in July if Treasury can make it through June cash crunch, Congressional Budget Office says

Three days left in May to make it happen or the dice is getting rolled on weather the government has the money to get to June 15th's incoming tax revenues.

or, you know, congress could postpone or cancel one of its several-week vacations.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Visited /r/replika, the subreddit for lonely people who are in relationships with a learning language model AI, and I can tell you definitively that we are So hosed

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Willa Rogers posted:

I dislike people painting their political opponents as toothless & poor. I think it's dumb, counterfactual & classist.

tapping the "willa is right" sign again

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

or, you know, congress could postpone or cancel one of its several-week vacations.

The Senate calendar is drawn up by haruspexes and augurs to ensure that it doesn't meet on unlucky days and cannot be changed anymore than the seasons or the planting and harvest can.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tristeham posted:

just start the thread

I'd have to do research , and write stuff. Zelda just came out for gods sake.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Beached Whale posted:

Visited /r/replika, the subreddit for lonely people who are in relationships with a learning language model AI, and I can tell you definitively that we are So hosed

idgi she seems pretty cool? Are you jealous or something?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
seems accurate to me

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Now to sell custom anime body pillows of your favorite replikas.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Beached Whale posted:

Put this thing in a real doll and start passing them out.

err has issued a correction as of 16:50 on May 13, 2023

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKkD9INqQJM

8:10 for DOOM

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

In Training posted:

Oh you want somewhere to actually post and talk about the economy? Sorry you are in the wrong forum.

If webcams for christ quit posting the thread would be just shrike82 posts and the yospos rejects screaming at them.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 18:06 on May 13, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

No only crisises

OhFunny posted:

Lmao if it happens. Be a wild day

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

err posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rO-I7butL4

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

err posted:

It's probably already been done by somebody. I know there have been hilariously bad attempts at this in the past.

edit: Yep. https://www.cnet.com/culture/realdoll-sex-robots-with-x-mode-from-abyss-creations-ship-in-september/

im_sorry has issued a correction as of 18:55 on May 13, 2023

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh you want somewhere to actually post and talk about the economy? Sorry you are in the wrong forum.

If webcams for christ quit posting the thread would be just shrike82 posts and the yospos rejects screaming at them.

makes sense that someone that had to be removed as an idiot king after trying to make this thread a debate club citations please shithole would also be a salty bitch about it

you are the one making GBS threads up this thread with your daily miserable wailing that you can no longer punish people

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rectal Death Adept posted:

makes sense that someone that had to be removed as an idiot king after trying to make this thread a debate club citations please shithole would also be a salty bitch about it

you are the one making GBS threads up this thread with your daily miserable wailing that you can no longer punish people

I removed myself ya dingus, but develop whatever headcannon you want.

I'm treating this thread exactly how it should be treated. A trump thread offshoot.

Edit: never got a thanks from you for getting Leon out of here either. Jackass

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 19:51 on May 13, 2023

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Edit: never got a thanks from you for getting Leon out of here either. Jackass

Bring him back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008