Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish I had Tingyun

I'll roll twice on the new banner and hope she's the 4* I end up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I've somehow lucked into getting all the 4* which means I have decision paralysis of who to build up outside the F2P crowd. Tingyun and Pela definitely seem like the obvious choices for getting buffs/debuffs, but then I'm wondering if I should build Sushang if I already have Clara as a Physical DPS.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally hit Equilibrium 3.

The 50-60 grind isn't that bad as far as these things go. A single 60 fuel run of the character XP Calyx yields around 3 levels worth of XP, and you can level up a trace with a similar expense. I was able to get a couple characters and LCs to 60 immediately and will probably be able to get a few other characters/LCs there over the coming week (and that's ignoring BP, which will be a sudden huge influx of materials once I get it). It'll also be much easier to level stuff up at high EQ; it's just balanced towards reaching the current level peak being a gradual process.

My Bailu has very powerful healing now (I prioritized getting her and her LC to 60). Her Invigoration (which can now trigger up to three times) now heals for around 400, and her party-wide heal Ult for 800+.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

If I had Clara, especially an already-built Clara, I wouldn't bother also leveling Sushang at this point since they fill effectively the same role. Resources are so limited right now that just building up new units who fill a team niche we don't already have is going to be taking all the daily energy for at least the next few months.

Of course that's speaking from a utilitarian standpoint. if you like a character for whatever reason just throw all your resources at them if you want, keeping in mind it's going to slow down/delay your "endgame" progression.

I made the mistake of leveling basically the entire roster at once and now I'm bashing my head against SU/memory levels that I simply can't clear due to not having leveled up relics and traces for the main party members who need to be clearing them. Feelsbadman.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

lmaoooo pulled a second 5* light cone off the standard banner (the hunt one for yanqing, i have that and himeko's lol). the only 5* character ive pulled still is bailu....twice. :eng99: i guess i'll start investing more into some of the 4* dps like sushang/dan or serval since the game doesn't want me getting any new characters lmao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the 4* characters are insanely good in this game, congrats

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

sushibandit posted:

If I had Clara, especially an already-built Clara, I wouldn't bother also leveling Sushang at this point since they fill effectively the same role. Resources are so limited right now that just building up new units who fill a team niche we don't already have is going to be taking all the daily energy for at least the next few months.

Of course that's speaking from a utilitarian standpoint. if you like a character for whatever reason just throw all your resources at them if you want, keeping in mind it's going to slow down/delay your "endgame" progression.

I made the mistake of leveling basically the entire roster at once and now I'm bashing my head against SU/memory levels that I simply can't clear due to not having leveled up relics and traces for the main party members who need to be clearing them. Feelsbadman.

This is probably just because you only have access to the grinding options from your current Equilibrium level. I don't think you're even meant to be able to get through all "end-game" content before your Equilibrium level is maxed out.

And it's not even that hard to get a character more or less up to speed. I'm pretty sure that a week (if that) of spending most of my fuel towards a specific character could probably get them to around 60 with traces upgraded (and stuff like relics or Light Cones can be moved between characters).

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Who are the mainstays in your lineup as you’ve tinkered around with the characters?

I have Natasha, as my only healer and between Bronya and Tingyue( who I want to use), I like Bronyas attack and crit boost and I’m really fond of the little sounds that I hear when she pulls off her ult. I want to use March more as her shield and counter are nice but I feel like her attack power isn’t enough.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

march isn't really meant to be doing damage, so her attack power is pretty irrelevant. natasha/bronya/march and then some sort of dps would be a totally fine team. dan heng or hook of the 4*s.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Ytlaya posted:

Finally hit Equilibrium 3.

The 50-60 grind isn't that bad as far as these things go. A single 60 fuel run of the character XP Calyx yields around 3 levels worth of XP, and you can level up a trace with a similar expense. I was able to get a couple characters and LCs to 60 immediately and will probably be able to get a few other characters/LCs there over the coming week (and that's ignoring BP, which will be a sudden huge influx of materials once I get it). It'll also be much easier to level stuff up at high EQ; it's just balanced towards reaching the current level peak being a gradual process.

My Bailu has very powerful healing now (I prioritized getting her and her LC to 60). Her Invigoration (which can now trigger up to three times) now heals for around 400, and her party-wide heal Ult for 800+.

It’s the traces that suck. EL3 seems to give the same trace mats as EL2.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm curious why SimU stops giving rewards after a while. I don't mean the ability tree points (I've maxed that out); I mean stuff like raw materials and credits for the boss fight.

I'm assuming there's a weekly counter somewhere of how often it'll pay out, like the 8000 weekly points on Nameless Honor, but I can't find it at a glance.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

delfin posted:

I'm curious why SimU stops giving rewards after a while. I don't mean the ability tree points (I've maxed that out); I mean stuff like raw materials and credits for the boss fight.

I'm assuming there's a weekly counter somewhere of how often it'll pay out, like the 8000 weekly points on Nameless Honor, but I can't find it at a glance.

you can only earn 100 rewards from the mid/end bosses per week

it is not pointed out anywhere that I know of

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I basically never have Clara or Seele leave unless there's a really convincing reason, they're both just awesome characters. I swapped to a healer over March once aoe became more common and then my third slot rotates a lot, but I got Himeko recently so it's usually her.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, poo. It's just trailblazer point spam until Monday, then.

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

Ibblebibble posted:

ok yeah you're right, Landaus and all that. I amend my statement to "we don't know anyone who's Xianzhouese's surnames".

iirc they call Jing Yuan something like "General Jing" and this should be enough to prove his surname is Jing.
The same goes for Fu Xuan.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Hankering at the bit for EL3 so I can get chicken girl's sword stance stacks

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

funkymonks posted:

It’s the traces that suck. EL3 seems to give the same trace mats as EL2.

I mean, it only takes one run to get enough for one trace or trace upgrade (I'm ignoring the second mat since it's very easy to get without spending fuel). You can get enough materials for at least several traces with a single day's worth of fuel.

Are you also converting the lower rank ones to the higher rank? That's a big source of them. You get just 3 second stage from each run, but enough first stage to convert to ~4 more.

For example, just now I decided to try leveling up some more of Bailu's remaining traces. It takes 5 of the second stage material for the latest upgrade. Spending 60 fuel on the domain gives 7 (accounting for converting lower rank ones). That doesn't seem that bad; I think you could fully upgrade traces for a level 60 character with a single day's fuel. And all the traces usually aren't super important, so you can just prioritize the ones that give significant benefits.

Kale
May 14, 2010

BronyaSilver Wolf related official art remains great.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

BronyaSilver Wolf related official art remains great.

Bronie. :colbert:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Who are the mainstays in your lineup as you’ve tinkered around with the characters?

i pulled Clara super early on, and have been primarily running a clara carry group of her, march, tingyun and natasha for the whole game. march's shield makes clara get hit more reliably, which between that and tingyun's ult means i have Clara's ult up much more often than it isn't. just a massive barrage of lasers all the time! also works great in SU, nothing makes me happier than getting the Elation blessing where follow-up attacks generate skill points

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bronya never leaves my party she's too op

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mix. posted:

lmaoooo pulled a second 5* light cone off the standard banner (the hunt one for yanqing, i have that and himeko's lol). the only 5* character ive pulled still is bailu....twice. :eng99: i guess i'll start investing more into some of the 4* dps like sushang/dan or serval since the game doesn't want me getting any new characters lmao

Oh hey you're in the exact same situation as me except that I only have Clara.

Eldsluft posted:

iirc they call Jing Yuan something like "General Jing" and this should be enough to prove his surname is Jing.
The same goes for Fu Xuan.

Makes sense. Apparently in the beta Dan Heng was Danheng for a while so I wonder what's up with that.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

For example, just now I decided to try leveling up some more of Bailu's remaining traces. It takes 5 of the second stage material for the latest upgrade. Spending 60 fuel on the domain gives 7 (accounting for converting lower rank ones). That doesn't seem that bad; I think you could fully upgrade traces for a level 60 character with a single day's fuel. And all the traces usually aren't super important, so you can just prioritize the ones that give significant benefits.

I just levelled all of Himeko's skills for 60. 4 skills at 10 traces for 4* and 12 traces for 5* per skill. 4 skills plus 8 more materials for the two new slots. So roughly 2 full days of trace levelling per character depending on how lucky you get. I tend to get about 7 or 8 blues per 60 TB power.

At 70 I think it's 8 purple per skill? Looks like about 4 days per character based on getting about 12-15% more drops.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TY_i3n-7jY
Yanqing never leaves my party.
thank god SU's remembrance path is so ice friendly.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'd play this game more if trailblazer stamina cost half of what it does

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

I always keep Seele and Himeko, between the two of them they end most overworld or calyx fights before anyone else can move. Himeko's technique is really good and usually winds up busting shields and having her start with a followup. Then Seele is there to kill what's left before anyone else can move.

Until recently I always ran Clara+March but as I got stronger it felt like March was more and more a waste of turns in anything but boss fights.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

i need to remember to take bailu out during non-SU/Mirrorverse runs where i don't need healing anymore

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The biggest problem with supports is trying to find room for them in a party, especially without a dedicated carry like Seele. I guess I can do Welt, Natasha, Serval or other appropriate element 4*DPS, and Bronya, but most of the time it seems easier to just have two DPS for greater elemental coverage or Fire MC for more tanking.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

My current mainstay all-purpose lineup is Seele/Tingyun/Bronya/Bailu.

My current teams for Memories are usually Seele/Tingyun/Fireblazer/Nat and Sushang/Bronya/Bailu/Gepard.

When silver wolf comes out it'll probably be Seele/(Ting or Bronya)/SW/Bailu as my main team. If/when we get a wind abundance, she'll probably replace Bailu, and run double element.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 14, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
FTB/Nat/Sampo/Serval is the group I first pushed to 60 (despite having Bailu), though I've used plenty of Asta, Pela, Hook, and Dan Heng.

Not like most characters have revolutionary A6 traces, but I do still feel like characters are incomplete enough that it's not worth getting too attached. Probably helped by being a Sampo main when his archetype barely exists outside of SU, so I've already had to drastically shift teams for content.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My main team ATM is focused around Clara so I usually bring some combination of Nat/March/Fireblazer/Tingyun with her. Serval has become my secondary DPS thanks to so much stuff being weak to lightning.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Araganzar posted:

I just levelled all of Himeko's skills for 60. 4 skills at 10 traces for 4* and 12 traces for 5* per skill. 4 skills plus 8 more materials for the two new slots. So roughly 2 full days of trace levelling per character depending on how lucky you get. I tend to get about 7 or 8 blues per 60 TB power.

At 70 I think it's 8 purple per skill? Looks like about 4 days per character based on getting about 12-15% more drops.

There's also the fact that some traces just aren't that important (and even the useful ones usually won't make or break a character's usefulness, outside of the three big ones; you could keep a character's traces at the tier below your current one and still be fine).

The main things dictating how strong a character is, at least at this point, are relics and light cone, both of which can be transferred between characters. Relic leveling is a pain, though; I wish you could directly get relic XP from a domain instead of needing to salvage a bunch if relics. It'll probably be better at high Equilibrium, since there's only one more rarity and I'll be more comfortable indiscriminantly salvaging 3* relics by that point (for now I still need to check them for good stats).

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

After the nightmare of World 5, World 6 was easy and free for me. What this tells me is that I should perhaps target boss weaknesses instead of just using Seele at all times.

(Cocolia rewarded this play style though.)

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

FractalSandwich posted:

That's sort of an ideal configuration, in some ways. Because you'll be at zero pity after the banner before him, you can try to get him cheaply, and if you miss, the attempt doesn't cost you anything. And then since you're rolling on the next banner anyway, it won't leave you holding onto a high pity count you have to protect for very long.

I don't think we'd know enough about how much jade we're going to get for each banner, and I would rather not pull unless I can guarantee I have 180 pulls saved up to guarantee the character I want. I'm not particularly confident that between now and 1.3 there will be enough jade available for me to guarantee all three of jing yuan, luocha, and dan heng, and with that in mind, skipping luocha for the two characters I'm more excited about makes sense.

basically I don't like drawing just to build pity, because I don't have faith I'll win the coinflip

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Ugh, the free standard ticket from ascending my last character to 20 got Bronya E1 instead of a new character, and her E1 isn't even good. This sucks, I now have 2 standard 5* units at E1 instead of a better/more flexible roster. Would have preferred literally any character I didn't already have.

Standard banner is cursed.

Edit
I have barely noticed it making any difference, it certainly doesn't feel like a 50% proc chance. Maybe it will help more in much longer fights, but I'm not seeing the value so far.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 14, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Ugh, the free standard ticket from ascending my last character to 20 got Bronya E1 instead of a new character, and her E1 isn't even good. This sucks, I now have 2 standard 5* units at E1 instead of a better/more flexible roster. Would have preferred literally any character I didn't already have.

Her E1 is incredibly good. Bronya's incredibly skill hungry for a support and being able to ease the SP strain is pretty invaluable.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Eimi posted:

Her E1 is incredibly good. Bronya's incredibly skill hungry for a support and being able to ease the SP strain is pretty invaluable.

Yeah, I just looked it up and that actually seems pretty amazing? 50% chance to refund a Skill point on a character whose Skill you want to be using frequently is super good!

sushibandit posted:

Remember that you could have alternatively gotten a 5* Light Cone (also it's not clear if you were near pity - if you weren't, literally any 5* is good luck).

Granted, there's a good chance that a 5* LC would be more useful than an E1, but there are a number of other possibilities aside from getting a new 5* character.

I got the Bailu LC from my first pity on the standard banner, which was kind of disappointing but at least I'm getting use out of it since I also have Bailu.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 14, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I'd kill for her E1. I use the gacha harmony 5star LC on her and it helps offset the skillpoint drain a tiny bit but not nearly enough.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Bronya's E1 is so good, she doesn't have a single bad Eidolon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I want her follow-up one, but that's a distant dream.