Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

HookShot posted:

So people going to the game don’t have time to do anything after work except go straight to the arena?

Believe it or not the east coast is not the be all end all of the universe.

It’s Sunday tomorrow.

Also they always make the games at like 8 or 9 pm EST for the conference finals and SCF. Even for west coast games. They should do it for this game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
East Coast timezone God's own timezone

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Jamwad Hilder posted:

People who can afford tickets to the game don't work on Sundays

I mean in general not necessarily today specifically.

East coasters whining about time zones and completely ignoring the people who actually live in those markets is a very east coast thing to do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

10-12 years and the east coast is going to be both coasts anyway.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
My random guy on the internet prediction that will prove wise and true: either the Stars or Knights will win the Cup, stomping the Panthers in the Finals. I still have faith that all attempts to carry Fred Andersen to the Cup will inevitably end in tears, and the Oilers don't play enough defense to get through four playoff rounds.

Got a sneaky feeling the Stars are going to have to overcome refs wearing Kraken jerseys these last 1-2 games though. (Not watching the game, I'll do that tomorrow.)

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/jessegranger_/status/1657444905319530496?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Sounds like the suspension made him learn from his mistakes

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

My random guy on the internet prediction that will prove wise and true: either the Stars or Knights will win the Cup, stomping the Panthers in the Finals. I still have faith that all attempts to carry Fred Andersen to the Cup will inevitably end in tears, and the Oilers don't play enough defense to get through four playoff rounds.

Got a sneaky feeling the Stars are going to have to overcome refs wearing Kraken jerseys these last 1-2 games though. (Not watching the game, I'll do that tomorrow.)

But it's being played for the east coast time zone complainers. How dare you not help with the ratings.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Mind_Taker posted:

Maybe it’s just me but having 2 of the best and most exciting players in the world play from 10:20 pm until 1 am on the east coast on a Sunday night is bad business. Just make the game at 8 pm eastern.

You're damned if you do damned if you don't. 10pm is 7pm in Vegas' home market. If you play at 4pm here people are at work and not watching.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

BitBasher posted:

You're damned if you do damned if you don't. 10pm is 7pm in Vegas' home market. If you play at 4pm here people are at work and not watching.

sounds like you'd be a lot less damned starting at 6pm in Vegas' home market

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Starting the game at 8 pm local is crazy -and pretty much every game the Oilers have had has been that late. My kids can maybe watch one period. Hell, it's a toss up if I can make it through the third myself.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

To say nothing of OT.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

OT games that run til midnight PST own.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

still celebrating my second daughter being born and getting caught up on every bit of news but I wanted to take a moment during her nap to just say

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'll never get as much joy from anything in my life as so many people do about leafs fans reactions, real or imagined.

lmao

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Good soup! posted:

still celebrating my second daughter being born and getting caught up on every bit of news but I wanted to take a moment during her nap to just say

1. Congrats ! Hell yeah !

2. Maybe pick a different hockey team to get your kids to interested in ? Don’t subject them to Flyers fandom. Or hell, soccer is cool.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Albino Squirrel posted:

Starting the game at 8 pm local is crazy -and pretty much every game the Oilers have had has been that late. My kids can maybe watch one period. Hell, it's a toss up if I can make it through the third myself.

It's a Sunday game and doesn't even make sense to start it at 10pm est. They didn't even announce the time until after the Leafs were eliminated so it's not like they were expecting a back to back. I am not sure what the league was thinking.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

1. Congrats ! Hell yeah !

2. Maybe pick a different hockey team to get your kids to interested in ? Don’t subject them to Flyers fandom. Or hell, soccer is cool.

1. :respek: thanks homie. the wife was amazing and our older daughter (2 years old) is absolutely obsessed with her and it rules

2. Look man, she's gotta learn some hard lessons about the unfairness of life so what better way to learn than by being a Philly sports fan!

From the very beginning the only things on a screen that hold her attention are: bluey, sesame street, and sports which includes, of course, tons of hockey.

I successfully have her chanting "hockey, hockey, hockey..." when we go to put it on and she asks for it all the time now. Fatherhood is going according to plan :v:

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
It’s weird to think of you all as procreating and being productive members of society with herringbone fireplace hearth.

(Congrats, soup)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
i can post pics of my goon hovel if you want

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

deoju posted:

i can post pics of my goon hovel if you want

Do it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This dog is pro-Cats

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/thedankingerski/status/1657900667649028096?s=46&t=UiTVuiDvpkwYqlzJnMDbJA

lol ESPN doesn’t give a poo poo about hockey

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheDanKingerski/status/1657900667649028096

lol

e: gently caress. but also lmao

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cardinals and Red Sox is the baseball game, FWIW (gently caress ‘em both). ESPN2 is showing a rerun of Cornhole :laffo:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The NHL truly deserves ESPN

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

WeaponX posted:

The NHL truly deserves ESPN

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/l5OTo0d.gifv

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Still better than overtime getting bumped by horse racing pre-show

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

they got bumped to espn2 lol

paige hathaway landing "the most disrespectful cornhole shot of all time" is a tough act to follow

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

secret volcano lair posted:

they got bumped to espn2 lol

paige hathaway landing "the most disrespectful cornhole shot of all time" is a tough act to follow
that sounds good send me a link

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How many of the inaugural Vegas players are still around on Vegas

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So

Lol leafs
Lol oilers

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Jack Eichel’s probably gonna win a game in the conference finals before Connor McDavid

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

rip canada

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I really have no issue with the rest of the teams. I guess Dallas over Seattle for lolsouth superiority.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Lol Canadians and stupid people who say poo poo like "this is bad for the NHL" are going to go insane over this. Especially if Dallas is the fourth team.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
mcdavid not hoisting the cup has set hockey back 100 years :(

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1653513975269662721?t=7sY-ZXkzrlQdBTzwBPYPoA&s=19

dallas doomed

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Lol Canadians and stupid people who say poo poo like "this is bad for the NHL" are going to go insane over this. Especially if Dallas is the fourth team.

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1657225521028124674

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

If this is how it must end, so be it. I will cry tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Who is saying this, the people in your head?