Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I don't think I've ever seen a collection of people who lacked understanding of even basic principles of law and governance as freep. Just a wall to wall failure to grasp even basic concepts of our legal system and government. They all claim to have such a love for the constitution but as soon as someone like a state judge rules against their sad god king they're demanding congress to somehow reach in and punish or overrule him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Scratch Monkey posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a collection of people who lacked understanding of even basic principles of law and governance as freep. Just a wall to wall failure to grasp even basic concepts of our legal system and government. They all claim to have such a love for the constitution but as soon as someone like a state judge rules against their sad god king they're demanding congress to somehow reach in and punish or overrule him.

They instantly ban anyone who tries to explain how things actually work so the echo chamber can echo better

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The constitution is just a magic tiger repelling rock to them

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

Only a gay would betray the bro code like this

"Et tu, Brut-gay?"

I always marvel at the contradictory beliefs they are simultaneously expected to hold. She's so ugly no one would ever touch her, but anyone who wouldn't be irresistibly compelled to sexually assault her must not be attracted to any woman.

E:

Shugojin posted:

The constitution is just a magic tiger repelling rock to them

A Republican who lived on the same dorm floor as me in undergrad who was in prelaw talked about how taxation was illegal because the Constitution guaranteed people a right "to keep what you earn". That one could read the document and see that this was facially not only false but expressly contradicted was irrelevant, it had might as well have been a Latin Bible before an illiterate peasant in the Dark Ages: incontrovertibly important, but the actual meaning could only be relayed by others.

Farchanter fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 11, 2023

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

predicto posted:

They instantly ban anyone who tries to explain how things actually work so the echo chamber can echo better

Which is why it always comes full circle with crypto. Crypto people love "making new things" such as wheels that they've never heard of before and shockingly are the first people to ever try to make them round!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Farchanter posted:

A Republican who lived on the same dorm floor as me in undergrad who was in prelaw talked about how taxation was illegal because the Constitution guaranteed people a right "to keep what you earn". That one could read the document and see that this was facially not only false but expressly contradicted was irrelevant, it had might as well have been a Latin Bible before an illiterate peasant in the Dark Ages: incontrovertibly important, but the actual meaning could only be relayed by others.

I find this story particularly charming because there really is no such thing as “pre-law”

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

predicto posted:

I find this story particularly charming because there really is no such thing as “pre-law”

Pre-law is when you study history because you like writing then realize there’s no jobs in history and even if you want one you’d have to get a PhD or crazy hair.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

Pre-law is when you study history because you like writing then realize there’s no jobs in history and even if you want one you’d have to get a PhD or crazy hair.

this is entirely unfair

You could also study political science

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Pretty much anything where the undergrad is "read all this stuff and present an argument" seems like ok training for law one way or another

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Shugojin posted:

Pretty much anything where the undergrad is "read all this stuff and present an argument" seems like ok training for law one way or another

Of course but when someone says pre law like it’s an actual major, we lawyer types can’t help but snicker

We’re snobs that way

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

At least with pre-med you have to take a bunch of science classes. Pre-law means you wear a blazer and tie to all your classes and take your books around in a leather satchel.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Honestly for pre med I have heard people say it's better to just major in biology or chemistry if you want to be a doctor

A couple statistics wouldn't be amiss either

I wish I'd taken a basic statistics course it probably would have been easier than just suddenly being in physics courses that use it without formal introduction lol

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Shugojin posted:

Honestly for pre med I have heard people say it's better to just major in biology or chemistry if you want to be a doctor

If my former-dean-of-a-med-school uncle is to be believed, the best is to take bio electives with a completely unrelated humanities major. “We’ll teach you to be a doctor, that’s what med school is for. We want you to already be a person.”

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I wish our society valued historians so that I could have gotten a job where I don't tweak numbers in a .cs file to make some shareholder's number go up

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

raminasi posted:

If my former-dean-of-a-med-school uncle is to be believed, the best is to take bio electives with a completely unrelated humanities major. “We’ll teach you to be a doctor, that’s what med school is for. We want you to already be a person.”

Friend of mine was a theater major, and did all her bio electives that happened to be prereqs for PA school. She got in the first time she applied, too :unsmith:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

pseudanonymous posted:

there’s no jobs in history and even if you want one you’d have to get a PhD or crazy hair.

Any BA degree qualifies you for almost any office job. The degree establishes that you can:

Work to deadlines individually and in groups
Do independent research and present your findings
Prioritize a changing workload and consistently deliver

Our Informatics group has more BAs than CompSci majors.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Law school also like history degrees because it implies you can read and understand.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Clarste posted:

Law school also like history degrees because it implies you can read and understand.

I know someone, more like a brief acquaintance, with a JD and a PhD in History who studies the history of Law. Seems to me that there is a huge amount of overlap at the ‘theory of law’ level between the two disciplines since precedents are so valued and tied to things like social movements and political changes.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Most of the thread about boomers is pretty boring but I dug up this gem

quote:

To: roving
With his attempt to stall the seventies inflation he crashed the global economy for 5 years. All the G7 nations were messed due to their trade relationships.
As a result, the global turd world nations did worse.

Its like today’s problem, the unbounded expansion of the American money supply created inflationary pressures in the US and were exported once again.

It just shows might of America one more time.

With the obamanites in power we know the disaster ahead

Only a Trumpian enema can save the corrupt shithole the obamanites have created... Globally.

48 posted on 5/14/2023, 4:14:02 AM by himno hero (had'nff)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I checked out Freep a little when Tucker Carlson got sacked.

It was filled with posts to the effect of "gently caress Fox I only watched Tucker on YouTube anyway", and I'm thinking *sure you did, Freeper, sure you did*

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Zwabu posted:

I checked out Freep a little when Tucker Carlson got sacked.

It was filled with posts to the effect of "gently caress Fox I only watched Tucker on YouTube anyway", and I'm thinking *sure you did, Freeper, sure you did*

And even if they did, they’re not exactly fans of who owns youtube—goons and freepers agree on some things! really gives you hope

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Hundreds of White Supremacists March on Capitol With Shields, Battle Drums

The Revolution will be disavowed as a False flag.

quote:

Battle drums?

Anyone know the difference between a battle drum and just a regular drum?

I suggest we run an over/under betting pool on the percentage of marchers who are paid FBI informants and agitators.

1 posted on 05/14/2023 4:48:25 PM PDT by zeestephen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: zeestephen

99% paid FBI informants would be my guess.

2 posted on 05/14/2023 4:50:22 PM PDT by sport
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Hundreds of White Supremacists Federal Agents March on Capitol With Shields, Battle Drums

3 posted on 05/14/2023 4:50:28 PM PDT by The Iceman Cometh (The Enemy Is The Left)

quote:

To: sport

Antifa in drag.

6 posted on 05/14/2023 4:51:28 PM PDT by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either opinion, or satire, or both.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Soros! :argh:

quote:

Soros Nazi khakis squad

9 posted on 05/14/2023 4:54:31 PM PDT by wardamneagle

quote:

100%.

Sometimes it might be only 99.9999%

There might be one mentally challenged person who they roped in. Probably with the offer of free candy.

If so he will be the only person arrested.

Since not one person was arrested is was 100% feds.

If it wants you to break the law, it's a fed.

If it wants you to break the law, it's a fed.

If it wants you to break the law, and keep secrets from your Memaw.

It's a fed.

It's a fed.

It's a fed.

11 posted on 05/14/2023 4:56:24 PM PDT by Harmless Teddy Bear (Follow the money. Even if it leads you to someplace horrible it will still lead you to the truth.)

I love how "no faties" have become a major indicator of false flag operations to them.

quote:

Too convenient of timing since Pedo was still lying about Charlottsville while this was at an all black and claiming that white supremacists are the biggest threat to the US

Their little parade was just too made to order

Matching clothes

Not a fat one in the bunch

Matching facemasks

FEDS!

20 posted on 05/14/2023 5:02:04 PM PDT by digger48

quote:

Sadly many in the American public will believe this nonsense because they are that gullible and low IQ or they just want to believe.

What is that phrase for presenting a lie as truth? Well this is that. Catfishing is one of them.

catfishing

noun

The act of setting up and running a false puppet social networking identity profile for fraudulent or deceptive purposes

22 posted on 05/14/2023 5:05:56 PM PDT by Boomer (The biden regime / identity politics is a clear and present threat to this constitutional republic.)

quote:

It's the Patriot Front.

100% honest-to-God, white male, white supremacists, who buy bulk from the same clothing stores and gyms.

Definitely not 100% off duty FBI agents getting some overtime pay for low risk, light duty assignments.

35 posted on 05/14/2023 5:23:31 PM PDT by Widget Jr (🇺🇸 Trump 2024 🇺🇸)

I mean... He's not wrong...

quote:

These are the guys who were arrested last June in Idaho for supposedly planning a riot at a gay pride event. No charges were ever filed and there have been no stories on it since the day of the arrest. Nothing. No media follow up as to whatever happened to them. Total black hole. That tells you a lot.

42 posted on 05/14/2023 5:33:55 PM PDT by circlecity

quote:

To: Reily

Which group do you think it is?

They’re physically fit which implies they’re young people. That makes me think students, interns, rambunctous young leftists with a flair for theatrics and “direct action”, maybe Antifa. Seems a little too far out to be the feds, but who knows.

47 posted on 05/14/2023 5:40:22 PM PDT by Yardstick
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

quote:

Probably fraud ...BUT do you think a citizenry less sympathetic to racial issues is being created with BLM, talk of reparations, and unsolicited, random attacks on innocent, unsuspecting whites/non-blacks by blacks ? (whatever they’re called—knockouts ???)

Not white-supremacists, but people less willing to listen to grievances.

49 posted on 05/14/2023 5:45:50 PM PDT by chiller (Davey Crockett said: "Be sure you're right. Then go ahead'. I'll go ahead.)

quote:

To: Yardstick

Antifa can’t maintain OPSEC so that nobody knows when and where they are going to show up. After the march, they slip away without anyone able to follow them. If someone did I’ll wager there would be some kind of interference by another group.

This is a tightly controlled operation by disciplined agents.

50 posted on 05/14/2023 5:50:48 PM PDT by \/\/ayne (I regret that I have but one subscription cancellation notice to give to my local newspaper)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

quote:

To: \/\/ayne

They need to be infiltrated, maybe by some attractive conservative Mata Haris.

97 posted on 05/14/2023 11:22:13 PM PDT by miserare ( "Equity" is the new word for Communism.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

quote:

I’m from the south, I’m 6+ decades old. In the last 30 years I’ve only heard the “N” word used once and that was from a cop I knew.

I’ve been coming here to FR for years and I can’t recall any kind of racism.

61 posted on 05/14/2023 6:29:44 PM PDT by isthisnickcool (1218 - NEVER FORGET!)

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

If those white supremacists are all FBI I feel like everyone would be satisfied if the police started cracking skulls?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

quote:

I’ve been coming here to FR for years and I can’t recall any kind of racism.

There is a type of person who thinks that the only way something can be considered racist is if it's shouted from the rooftops by a guy in a Klan hood and a t-shirt that says "I am 100% a racist." Otherwise it's just a case of a straight-shooter saying something true that has unreasonably upset a snowflake. Freep is packed with them.

Edit:

quote:

These are the guys who were arrested last June in Idaho for supposedly planning a riot at a gay pride event. No charges were ever filed and there have been no stories on it since the day of the arrest. Nothing. No media follow up as to whatever happened to them. Total black hole. That tells you a lot.

42 posted on 05/14/2023 5:33:55 PM PDT by circlecity

Took me about 30 seconds to find

Patriot Front Members Appear On Idaho Wanted List

quote:

Judges in Kootenai County, Idaho, have issued arrest warrants for five members of white nationalist hate group Patriot Front, and the men have been added to a wanted list circulated by that county’s sheriff.

The charges arose from the group’s alleged plans to disrupt a Pride festival in Coeur d’Alene last June. At that time, 31 members of the group were arrested by officers of Coeur d’Alene Police Department as they alighted from rental trucks. All were subsequently charged with misdemeanor conspiracy to riot.

So they were arrested, charged, and instead of appearing they ran so now they're wanted. TOTAL BLACK HOLE

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 15, 2023

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Scratch Monkey posted:

the only way something can be considered racist is if it's shouted from the rooftops by a guy in a Klan hood and a t-shirt that says "I am 100% a racist.”

please, that’s clearly antifa or maybe a fed if the hood is especially nice

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The border is so open that a criminal trying to cross.... Got promptly arrested

(I censored some slurs)

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
With everything that's happening in the world, one of the largest recent threads on freep is about...Martha Stewart on Sports Illuistrated.

Martha Stewart becomes Sports Illustrated Swimsuit’s oldest cover model: ‘Kind of historic’

quote:

And you thought it couldn't get worse.......................
1 posted on 5/15/2023, 9:22:31 AM by Red Badger
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: Red Badger
I’m surprised they chose a real biological woman.

7 posted on 5/15/2023, 9:25:16 AM by TornadoAlley3 ( I'm Proud To Be An Okie From Muskogee)

quote:

After she serviced Snoop Dog she dabbed the corner of her mouth with a crisp folded napkin and said “It a good thing “

35 posted on 5/15/2023, 9:40:58 AM by al baby (Yes he did he said how come i wasnt invited )

quote:

All you guys - get up from your computer and go look at yourself in the mirror. Ask yourself, what can you bring to the table? Really? LOL

37 posted on 5/15/2023, 9:42:34 AM by ladyjane

quote:

To: ladyjane
Go make me a samich men are talking

50 posted on 5/15/2023, 9:54:30 AM by al baby (Sarcasm )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]
AN 81 YEAR OLD WOMAN IN A SWIM SUIT IS AN AFFRONT TO GOD!

quote:

Just another attack on reality. Beauty is a gift of God and particularly when human beings are younger. Not one of his greater gifts since he spreads it around so liberally. But rather than admit this fact, you’re now supposed to pretend that the aged or the big (Victoria Secret’s models) are as physically attractive as the young and thin.

43 posted on 5/15/2023, 9:49:04 AM by MDLION ("Trust in the Lord with all your heart" -Proverbs 3:5)

quote:

To: NohSpinZone
What’s the deal? All the models in Target are all fat ugly chicks!

52 posted on 5/15/2023, 9:54:59 AM by 2nd Amendment
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

To: MayflowerMadam
Good body, average face and hair length.

61 posted on 5/15/2023, 10:05:51 AM by alstewartfan ("She looks like she's 19 years old, sitting there like a lady with her legs crossed." Creepy Joe)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies]

quote:

Is this some kind of fetish or are they that desparate? (Or grossed out from drinking Bud Light).

78 posted on 5/15/2023, 10:37:37 AM by Reno89519 (Anybody But Trump. Tired of Trump's Boorish Antics, Poor Hiring and Life Choices. We Can Do Better!)

quote:

That’s gonna give me nightmares. I clicked on that link.

88 posted on 5/15/2023, 10:47:25 AM by rlmorel ("If you think tough men are dangerous, just wait until you see what weak men are capable of." JBP)
Guys, someone might find this old woman attractive, and that's the start of the downfall of society!

quote:

To: MDLION
So many people on this thread miss that point.

It is part and parcel of the desconstruction of this society.

Sports Illustrated (sports in general) are “holdovers” from a society run by “toxic males” so anything to destroy or diminish those things is fair game for the Left.

When an entity tries to manipulate individuals into a groupthink such as defining beauty, defining weight boundaries, redefining sexual boundaries to force individuals to accept what “normal” is in these various facets of society instead of allowing them to think for themselve, then we are in trouble.

The war on competency has been in full swing for many years with governmental (and non-governmental) support.

We are in trouble.

It isn’t a small thing that doesn’t count. It is meaningful. This is just one small battle the Left fights on many fronts. I liken it to both a one-way ratchet in that the ground they gain is rarely recovered, or a single person inspecting a dike that holds out the ocean. That one person has eyes to see leaks, a voice to call for help, and fingers and toes to plug the leaks in the dike. But they are only one person, a real minority.

Conservatives are manning the ramparts, keeping watch into the darkness of the wide ocean, inspecting the dike, looking for breaches or damage, constantly on guard, always trying to be vigilant.

The Left is like the ocean, timeless, relentless, constantly pressuring against the other side of the dike, looking for holes and weaknesses. Probing, pushing, looking to breach the fabric of society in places it won’t be immediately seen, and when it is, will be too late to do anything about it.

98 posted on 5/15/2023, 11:06:19 AM by rlmorel ("If you think tough men are dangerous, just wait until you see what weak men are capable of." JBP)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Persevero
You have to wonder why Sports Illustrated would post pictures of an octogenarian woman, who might not look too bad given her age, but is not attractive as she was 50-60 years ago. Sports magazines, like other magazines, are in terminal decline. Like other old line institutions, the magazine is controlled by leftist managers who are pushing an agenda of ugliness. It is a small fraction of an overall rejection of objectivity, beauty, rationality, and decency in American and Western culture. It is somewhat ironic because Martha Stewart has dedicated her career to making homes look nice. She has a tremendous ego and thinks she is the attractive model she was in her youth. Sports Illustrated sees her as what she is: physically well past her prime and on a par with the obese women and"she males" that they have used in the past.
Thevl delusions of the woke crowd is evident in the recent advertisement by Miller Lite. Oblivious to the Bud Light disaster, they posted a commercial of a nasty women with a foul mouth decrying the Miller Lite ads with pretty women and saying that women invented beer. Not as weird as Dylan Mulvaney perhaps, but even more strident and leftist.

Lessons: ignore pro sports and drink independent beers. Some of the craft beers are brewed by leftists, but at least you are not feeding a multinational, leftist big corporation.

119 posted on 5/15/2023, 12:23:03 PM by Wallace T.
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 106 | View Replies]

Finnankainen fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 15, 2023

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Finnankainen posted:

With everything that's happening in the world, one of the largest recent threads on freep is about...

Martha Stewart on Sports Illuistrated.

Somehow your quotes are not showing in this post.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Apparently I accidentally hit post halfway through :doh:

Should be fixed with included idiocy now.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Man these guys are so weird

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Jagged Jim posted:

Hundreds of White Supremacists March on Capitol With Shields, Battle Drums

The Revolution will be disavowed as a False flag.

Soros! :argh:

I love how "no faties" have become a major indicator of false flag operations to them.

I mean... He's not wrong...

It is something they are weirdly honest about.. how can it be a a white supremacist march if it's not' full of fatties is actually a strong point that it's an unusual herd of gammon that doesn't have some portlier fellows.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

pseudanonymous posted:

It is something they are weirdly honest about.. how can it be a a white supremacist march if it's not' full of fatties is actually a strong point that it's an unusual herd of gammon that doesn't have some portlier fellows.
if it were full of fatties they'd be saying "only antifa is fat"

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
As mentioned before, it's not the first time these dipshits have appeared on Freep, and Freeper's reaction then was pretty much exactly as it was now.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

They turn on their people so fast lmaooooo

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

And in such classy ways.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

cr0y posted:

Cults of hatred like this generally do. Nothing is a better focus of group hatred than an apostate. The enemy is expected to be evil and everyone in the cult agrees that it is most important to fight whichever evil their preexisting bigotries convinces them is the one truth that they, personally, have a deeper understanding of than all the other truths those other rubes have lumped in to the generalized umbrella of hatred. Heresy and apostasy though? gently caress that person, they didn't really hate the same targets that everyone agreed with you was most important in the first place so everyone can agree we all need to hate that person together.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

cr0y posted:

Honestly usually they don't turn on them. Limbaugh spent years doing drugs while demanding the death penalty for people committing the same drug crime: Jim Jordan ignored sexual abuse; George Santos is kind of beyond everything; Madison Cawthorne has committed multiple crimes; Gaetz is a sex trafficer.

Though I could see there being a thing where CHUDs turn on women but not men, probably bears looking into.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think also they usually deny the things they do whereas "initiated a divorce" is kind of hard to deny.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

They turn on men too just not for this.

Serial monogamy, or just straight up sleeping around on the wife, is what men are supposed to do. See: Trump. If a woman gets a divorce though she's a filthy whore forever in their eyes.

They turn on men for stuff like insufficient loyalty. Paul Ryan was their Boy Reagan golden child in 2012, and then he went "euuhhhh maybe Trump isn't doing a very good job" and they hate him now despite Ryan engineering his tax cuts and finding a way to get Obamacare repeal through the House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

They turn on men too just not for this.

Serial monogamy, or just straight up sleeping around on the wife, is what men are supposed to do. See: Trump. If a woman gets a divorce though she's a filthy whore forever in their eyes.

They turn on men for stuff like insufficient loyalty. Paul Ryan was their Boy Reagan golden child in 2012, and then he went "euuhhhh maybe Trump isn't doing a very good job" and they hate him now despite Ryan engineering his tax cuts and finding a way to get Obamacare repeal through the House

I would say they turn on men for disloyalty to the party, but not for bad or even ludicrously bad behavior, even criminal behavior, so long as they stay loyal.