Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Imagine having a Bronya in the first place...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i'm having to wait 80+ pulls before seeing a single 5* so all I got is gepard and his LC. and march is using his LC.

i'm sure i'll see bronya in like a year and a half

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

does pity on standard banner share itself with the special character/light cone one

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

GateOfD posted:

does pity on standard banner share itself with the special character/light cone one

No

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Leraika posted:

I don't think we'd know enough about how much jade we're going to get for each banner, and I would rather not pull unless I can guarantee I have 180 pulls saved up to guarantee the character I want. I'm not particularly confident that between now and 1.3 there will be enough jade available for me to guarantee all three of jing yuan, luocha, and dan heng, and with that in mind, skipping luocha for the two characters I'm more excited about makes sense.

basically I don't like drawing just to build pity, because I don't have faith I'll win the coinflip
Well, you don't have to decide now. By the time Luocha's banner comes around, you'll already know what kind of luck you had with Jing Yuan, and you'll know how much jade was available in 1.1, at least.

It also fine if you can't guarantee him. If you only have 20 rolls of wiggle room, you can just roll on his banner until you get to 20 pity, and it doesn't matter if you miss, because it just carries over to the banner you care about more.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 14, 2023

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have no idea what it is like to have money to pull on banners because I'm constantly dumping stellar jade into trailblazer stamina

I'm trailblazer 46 lol

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That sounds really dumb tbh.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Clarste posted:

That sounds really dumb tbh.

There's not enough stamina to level up/enhance/farm mats

I'm only missing clara/bronya/gespard/welt/yanqing and I don't particularly care about any of those, or any of the upcoming banners

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, I guess you don't have to roll on banners if you don't want to, but I'm not sure why you'd need to level up more either. Like, what is your goal?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Clarste posted:

I mean, I guess you don't have to roll on banners if you don't want to, but I'm not sure why you'd need to level up more either. Like, what is your goal?

Like with playing MMOs, I only really care about the endgame stuff and the story, so getting strong enough to do the hard poo poo

I could go for some more light cones, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean the story is done until like mid-june

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

FractalSandwich posted:

Well, you don't have to decide now. By the time Luocha's banner comes around, you'll already know what kind of luck you had with Jing Yuan, and you'll know how much jade was available in 1.1, at least.

It also fine if you can't guarantee him. If you only have 20 rolls of wiggle room, you can just roll on his banner until you get to 20 pity, and it doesn't matter if you miss, because it just carries over to the banner you care about more.

It seems very unlikely to me that there will be much, if any, wiggle room is what I'm saying, and I'm not wasting pulls on banners I am not prepared to go to double hard pity on because that's the only way to guarantee a character.

edit: also if I have wiggle room after jing yuan and dan heng I can just save until luocha comes around again, with the security of having gotten the characters I'm more than passingly interested in.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Araganzar posted:

I always keep Seele and Himeko, between the two of them they end most overworld or calyx fights before anyone else can move. Himeko's technique is really good and usually winds up busting shields and having her start with a followup. Then Seele is there to kill what's left before anyone else can move.

Until recently I always ran Clara+March but as I got stronger it felt like March was more and more a waste of turns in anything but boss fights.

I think I read somewhere (here?) that pairing Himeko and Herta together and lead up to follow up attack after follow up attack for certain battles which made using Herta really appearing.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

i mean the story is done until like mid-june

yah the only thing worth doing is SU/FH but I keep eating dirt until I make my dudes stronger so, grind it is

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
don't worry, at some point you'll hit trailblazer 50 and have levels of resource sink you never thought possible before

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I have no idea what it is like to have money to pull on banners because I'm constantly dumping stellar jade into trailblazer stamina

I'm trailblazer 46 lol

I'm 45 without ever dumping jade into stamina, what the heck are you doing lol

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
If it follows Genshin we are going to feel resource starved right up till we not. All it is going to take is time.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Well, if they started playing later I guess. Most Trailblaze exp comes from dailies.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Like with playing MMOs, I only really care about the endgame stuff and the story, so getting strong enough to do the hard poo poo

I could go for some more light cones, though.

In the long run you're hurting your strength by burning your chances to get five stars on extremely cost ineffective stamina boosts.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also you can clear most SU/FH stuff underleveled with the right team comp (and i dont mean 5*s) so i feel liketrying to outlevel it is less efficient if anything

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

If you never pull on any banner though you're unlikely to have much variety of 4 stars.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

If you never pull on any banner though you're unlikely to have much variety of 4 stars.
yeah thats what im saying

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i have about 12,000 jade saved up.
i think i done like 2 raw pulls?

and when i have 8-9 tickets, i give in and use enough to get the 10 pull

@TB43

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I didn't start playing until some goon started posting about it in the steam thread, looks like april 27th?

anyways I am only missing the above units I already mentioned, and I got tired of pulling on stupid loving LC banner giving no 5*

but I think I'm fine with what I have i just want to level it and I'm not waiting the weeks to get there normally, it's not money it's whatever the game gives me at this point

Endorph posted:

also you can clear most SU/FH stuff underleveled with the right team comp (and i dont mean 5*s) so i feel liketrying to outlevel it is less efficient if anything

I've been trying this and it works....but it clearly doesn't work if you're underleveled with those units.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feel free to live your life your way, no judgement but I'm not really sure what you get out of maxing out so early at the cost of all the roll currency. Like..there's nothing there there is no endgame to unlock, it's the same exact nodes and fights just enemies are higher level.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I didn't start playing until some goon started posting about it in the steam thread, looks like april 27th?

That was like the day after launch, lol.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
never pull on LC banner unless you super want to for the 5* unit it's for

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

anyways I am only missing the above units I already mentioned, and I got tired of pulling on stupid loving LC banner giving no 5*

but I think I'm fine with what I have i just want to level it and I'm not waiting the weeks to get there normally, it's not money it's whatever the game gives me at this point

I've been trying this and it works....but it clearly doesn't work if you're underleveled with those units.

i did it underleveled without using any of those teams op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well i used the f2p team for world 5 but. you have that team. cause its the f2p team.

wait actually both sides have a f2p team

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

my first world 6 clear

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

oh no

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i use my daily 90gems from the month pass for 1 refresh a day

some people want to just grow what they have

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

If you're Trailblaze level 46 then you're already like super overleveled for those SU worlds...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah to be clear i beat world 6 at trailblazer level 30 on my alt

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Luocha. If Natasha is currently your only healer, I think Luocha will probably offer a lot more power to your account than adding additional supports or damage dealers, especially in Forgotten Hall/Memory of Chaos.

Luocha is going to be a skill point hog. I think.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Good for you

Then I learned you can't get the 10th buff until you do this poo poo

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

not that interested in the other 2set relics in SU other than world3 since those ones are the most interchangeable.

hit effect stat is a bit out there for me to look at.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I'm dumbfounded at maximizing the trailblazer level right away but I'm also making sure to play for an hour max each sitting to ensure I'm not done before the next patch. So maybe I too am insane in my approach.

Does the standard banner work the same way as it did in Genshin in regards to pulling two 5* LC's/Characters in a row guarantees your next 5* will be the other type?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Good for you

Then I learned you can't get the 10th buff until you do this poo poo

you dont need stamina/trailblazer level to get that???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

you dont need stamina/trailblazer level to get that???

I'm not sure what you're saying.

I'm not trying to increase my trailblazer level.

I want to upgrade my characters. if I don't refresh stam, I have to wait. I do not want to wait. You're saying I don't need to and people have done it at a lower level. Cool. I can't.

change the topic to something/one else.