Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I swear to god, if ~~Kasha~~ gets Scarlet Envy'd...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
This is a couple weeks old, but I just spotted this...I love this new trend (I know at least Kim Chi and Trixie have done this before) of posting fake arguments to freak out the drama-loving fans. :allears:

https://twitter.com/MistressIBrooks/status/1652025045198225427?cxt=HHwWpoC2sdOBlu0tAAAA

https://twitter.com/MistressIBrooks/status/1652081556457140224?cxt=HHwWgMDRiYXbr-0tAAAA
https://twitter.com/MistressIBrooks/status/1652105650753634304?cxt=HHwWgICwycHVuu0tAAAA

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Untucked episode 1 has Alexis Michelle dramatics. Oh Alexis, you keep being you :allears:.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

She really produced that golden moment

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

The Untucked where Farrah Moan turns from a whiny (I mean this lovingly) princess to a bitter, chain-smoking queen pissed at Alexis is GOLD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWAOyU7_Lj4

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1657107209174626304

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I watched the first episode on YouTube and dammit LaLa Ri and Heidi pulled me back in! Guess I'm paying for Paramount Plus just to watch one drat show. I'll just have to mute it every time Jaymes does that voice. (Sorry Read After Burning!)

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Bookish posted:

I watched the first episode on YouTube and dammit LaLa Ri and Heidi pulled me back in! Guess I'm paying for Paramount Plus just to watch one drat show. I'll just have to mute it every time Jaymes does that voice. (Sorry Read After Burning!)

If it helps, in the second episode, they have an acting challenge and she never makes that voice. It's more normal in tone.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Drag Race can barely write one decent sketch, I'm not sure what they were thinking when writing 6 separate sketches for the second episode.

That said, I did feel for Monica and Naysha going home. It doesn't mean that they're not great drag queens, just some people don't make good Drag Race, and those are two very different things.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

gandlethorpe posted:

Episode 2, I felt like the season was starting to hit its stride. It was a really fun challenge with high production values, and almost everyone did great. I did kind of disagree with the judging (Kasha should've won and wasn't even in the top)

I thought she was great in the challenge but her runway was atrocious which probably dropped her to safe.

I liked AS7 and the most recent season of U.S. RPDR after taking a bit of a break but AS8 isn't doing much for me so far. I don't like these All Star rules, I really liked the way AS7 was run. :smith:

e: Kasha looks like Filbur from Rocko's Modern Life in her confessional look, I love it.

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 13, 2023

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

The Berzerker posted:

I thought she was great in the challenge but her runway was atrocious which probably dropped her to safe.

I liked AS7 and the most recent season of U.S. RPDR after taking a bit of a break but AS8 isn't doing much for me so far. I don't like these All Star rules, I really liked the way AS7 was run. :smith:

e: Kasha looks like Filbur from Rocko's Modern Life in her confessional look, I love it.

Yeah, the twist is a decent concession to those queens who spent a lot of money on looks and then get voted out, but All Star 7 rules were amazing. It made for a delightful season, even if there wasn't a lot of crazy drama. The queens were able to be themselves, take risks, and get along and have fun with it because they knew they were going to stick around. If you're going to call someone an All-Star, treat them like it.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
For my whole life I never knew that Jimbo was my favorite drag queen but after 2 episodes she's making her way up the list fast.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

Flyinglemur posted:

For my whole life I never knew that Jimbo was my favorite drag queen but after 2 episodes she's making her way up the list fast.

I'm liking her a lot more than I did on UK vs the World.

It is still REALLY funny that she's kept the same confessional look for three seasons.

Nihonniboku posted:

Drag Race can barely write one decent sketch, I'm not sure what they were thinking when writing 6 separate sketches for the second episode.

That said, I did feel for Monica and Naysha going home. It doesn't mean that they're not great drag queens, just some people don't make good Drag Race, and those are two very different things.

That is... a good way of putting it. Lovely queens, just not for drag race I guess. Glad they got a chance to come back though!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Eurovision 2023: Sad Sweden won. Not that I hated the song or anything; I did place it in my Liked songs on Spotify. I just think the viewers' choice was better. Finland's was just so RAD. Dammit. :smith:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Filler. Queen. Season.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

GrandmaParty posted:

Filler. Queen. Season.

Aside from Kahanna, none of them seem to have that much filler?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Gollom posted:

Aside from Kahanna, none of them seem to have that much filler?

I was meaning on saying something about that, just didn't want to sound shady. I mean, between the brow lift, new teeth, new lips, new nose, (Bianca said she had her hips and rear end done too), and Vegas-upgraded costumes, she's practically a brand-new queen.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 14, 2023

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pan Dulce posted:

You and Drag Race España convinced this stupid American to watch Eurovision 2023 live. It's SO good!

EDIT: Saw the acts and my favorites were Queen of Kings, Unicorn, My Sister's Crown, and Cha Cha Cha. I'm too cheap to pay to vote though. :gbsmith:

2nd EDIT: As for results, gently caress YEAH all my picks made it in! :asoiaf:

Still have no clue how Croatia made it. The performance was campy and solid, but the song itself... yeesh.

Croatia got in because it's a protest song. The repeated lyric at the start is "mama bought a tractor" in reference to Lukashenko buying Putin a tractor prior to the war. Crocodile psychopath is in reference to Boris Johnson saying that Putin is like dealing with a crocodile etc. They're all wearing officer caps and matching along to take the piss out of warmongers.

Eurovision has a lot of this stuff. Like Austria's song being about ghostwriting and how little you get paid in the industry (0.003 is in reference to how much USD you get from Spotify every time your song is streamed and Edgar Allen Poe famously died broke and drunk in the street). Serbia's entry last year was a song about how we've become so obsessed with health (in the beauty sense) while the Serbian government doesn't even provide healthcare etc.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

Eurovision 2023: Sad Sweden won. Not that I hated the song or anything; I did place it in my Liked songs on Spotify. I just think the viewers' choice was better. Finland's was just so RAD. Dammit. :smith:

gently caress the juries. Though some of the public vote was extremely questionable too.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Eej posted:

Croatia got in because it's a protest song. The repeated lyric at the start is "mama bought a tractor" in reference to Lukashenko buying Putin a tractor prior to the war. Crocodile psychopath is in reference to Boris Johnson saying that Putin is like dealing with a crocodile etc. They're all wearing officer caps and matching along to take the piss out of warmongers.

Eurovision has a lot of this stuff. Like Austria's song being about ghostwriting and how little you get paid in the industry (0.003 is in reference to how much USD you get from Spotify every time your song is streamed and Edgar Allen Poe famously died broke and drunk in the street). Serbia's entry last year was a song about how we've become so obsessed with health (in the beauty sense) while the Serbian government doesn't even provide healthcare etc.

Oh DANG, I hadn't known that! Wow... kinda wish the lyrics had been translated either in the captions (yes I watch with captions) or the lyrics on Spotify. It would've been nice to know. But that's just the dumb American in me not knowing the language or researching the context. So thanks for that.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Djent Prog Keytar Metal is the single most high camp string of words in history and yet they were robbed

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pan Dulce posted:

Oh DANG, I hadn't known that! Wow... kinda wish the lyrics had been translated either in the captions (yes I watch with captions) or the lyrics on Spotify. It would've been nice to know. But that's just the dumb American in me not knowing the language or researching the context. So thanks for that.

Yeah basically half the time there's a weird rear end song that makes it through to the finals in Eurovision it's because it has some meaning while also sounding stupid or silly. The other half of the time it's just the Euros are Euroing. It's really hard to tell without looking it up.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

jimmydalad posted:

gently caress the juries. Though some of the public vote was extremely questionable too.

MALTAAAAAAAAAAA :negative:

That's going to be my response to "get rid of the Juries" argument: both Malta and Latvia didn't make the Finals when the Juries weren't involved so nothing is going to be perfect.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I don't see Untucked on Prime or Crave. Any way to watch it in Canada?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Normy posted:

I don't see Untucked on Prime or Crave. Any way to watch it in Canada?

It's on Paramount Plus in the States, I don't know if this helps

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I don't think there's ever a legal way to watch Allstars Untucked in Canada and I end up just filez-ing it

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Alexis Michelle in that first Untucked was so funny, wow. That was so much funnier and better TV than seeing a queen be sad for the umpteenth time.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
My friend and I went on a trip to Milwaukee and we had to stop at Trixie’s bar This Is It just to check it out. We had a lot going on so we could only stop in early on a Monday for a drink but the bartender was super friendly, the drinks were delicious, and I got to see the scepter that Trixie won for All Stars 3.

Pretty cool place, wish we could have gotten there when it was hopping.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is the new drag race good? as a person thats like meh on jimbo

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

is the new drag race good? as a person thats like meh on jimbo

It's enh. It's a bunch of early boots, queens who haven't been on the show in a decade, annoying queens, and Jimbo. Looking to shape up to be another lackluster season like All Stars 6, really hard to follow up anything with All Stars 7 though. Especially given who the rumored final two is.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

AS6 was pretty well received...

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

AS6 was pretty well received...

Yeah, I remember AS5 was the one everyone went :yikes: at, not 6.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
in a pinch i could probably remember the winners of all stars 4-65 but if you held a gun to my head i could not for the life of me tell you who won what season

e: i actually thought as7 was the one kylie won and all stars all winners wasnt part of the numbered seasons but a cursory google shows i am wrong. 6 was good imo despite or maybe because of it having some of the most extra queens alive casted

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 19, 2023

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Alexis Michelle is the queen of Untucked this season. I’m so glad the “Producer” is back in our screens.

This judging was… interesting.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

That lip sync :captainpop:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

gandlethorpe posted:

I've never been happy to see a prop win a lipsync before but I also wasn't looking anywhere but at the prop, so...

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

jimmydalad posted:

Alexis Michelle is the queen of Untucked this season. I’m so glad the “Producer” is back in our screens.

:same: My partner finds her so irritating, but I absolutely love her. :allears: There's something about "theater kid, but not all high-energy/hyper" that I actually kinda like.

gandlethorpe posted:

Ra'jah seemed like she was holding back a bit, boo! Might just not be her type of song, it's not exactly my favorite either.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Second drag show I've ever been to. Surprised my wife with meet and greet tickets.

Hearing that laugh was everything. And seeing my wife that happy was ok too I guess

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

I'm loving losing it at Kandy Muse's drawing of her dress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

curiousTerminal posted:

I've never been happy to see a prop win a lipsync before but I also wasn't looking anywhere but at the prop, so...

It was peak Jessica Wild, the ultimate queen of somehow making the corny into the charmingly hilarious. She deserved both her wins.